AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-09, 21:08   Link #1121
Mentar
Banned

I think that Hayami Saori will be PERFECT as Miyuki, she only needs to channel OreImo's Aragaki Ayase. Keep in mind, she isn't just merely a high-pitched sweet cutie-pie, this girl has _teeth_ when needed.

Last edited by Mentar; 2012-09-09 at 21:12. Reason: typo
Old 2012-09-09, 23:08   Link #1122
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^ it could mean that it's going to be a long audio drama
And woah, Nakamura Yuuichi does fit Tatsuya yay! Hayami Saori ? Didn't really expect her, but then again I don't know who to expect and she does seem like a good choice. I've been missing her voice in major roles for a long time. Sounds like I'll be getting it
In the last part of volume 7, u can read the dorama DVD will be published with the next volume in December and the new series that will start the next month.

Hope to see a good response that can make real my dream of an anime.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:20   Link #1123
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

An anime would be good XD since the novel's art is done by the same person who did code geass, that will be interesting~
Old 2012-09-10, 02:18   Link #1124
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
An anime would be good XD since the novel's art is done by the same person who did code geass, that will be interesting~
Not really. The artist might of worked on some of the art but the majority of the art was done by clamp. Yeah its going to get an adaption, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon. Their going to dumb it down a lot if they planning on animating it.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:21   Link #1125
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Web 01 - 06 , and the seventh volume out right now is at web 03, so if they are animating it, they will probably either need a lot of episodes, or end it at web 01 - 02 which is novel vol 1-4
Old 2012-09-10, 02:50   Link #1126
kfcpanda

not necessarily.

1st episode covers intro to magic academy, everything up until hattori confrontation.
2nd episode covers hattori confrontation and extends until the whole sayaka/kendo thing is resolved.
3rd+4th episodes cover & wrap up blache.

& so on

though this would end up being about 24 episodes which is standard?? for a medium length anime series.
assuming that typical short ones have 12/13, medium is 24-25, and longer ones contain just multiple seasons of the 24-25 format

personally i hope that if/when this gets an anime it gets 2x24
Old 2012-09-10, 02:53   Link #1127
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
not necessarily.

1st episode covers intro to magic academy, everything up until hattori confrontation.
2nd episode covers hattori confrontation and extends until the whole sayaka/kendo thing is resolved.
3rd+4th episodes cover & wrap up blache.

& so on

though this would end up being about 24 episodes which is standard?? for a medium length anime series.
assuming that typical short ones have 12/13, medium is 24-25, and longer ones contain just multiple seasons of the 24-25 format

personally i hope that if/when this gets an anime it gets 2x24
But if they only cover up to that far, then a lot of stuff would remain unsolved at the end of the series that requires a season 2...
Spoiler for LN:

Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-10, 14:33   Link #1128
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Ohhh! That explains why the characters look so skinny sometimes.

I think everyone will agree that a series as consistent and with as much depth as this one will require AT LEAST 24 episodes for a first season.
Old 2012-09-10, 14:39   Link #1129
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Ohhh! That explains why the characters look so skinny sometimes.

I think everyone will agree that a series as consistent and with as much depth as this one will require AT LEAST 24 episodes for a first season.
This novel is one that explains a lot behind how the magic and the logic behind it works, so im guessing the anime will need to include A LOT of talking and explaination in order to explain how most things happen in the story, and if its only around 12 ep it's most likely going to end up leaving quite a lot unexplained? (Imo)
Old 2012-09-10, 14:56   Link #1130
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
This novel is one that explains a lot behind how the magic and the logic behind it works, so im guessing the anime will need to include A LOT of talking and explaination in order to explain how most things happen in the story, and if its only around 12 ep it's most likely going to end up leaving quite a lot unexplained? (Imo)
Not that much.

I think, the anime could skip most of that explanations, like the manga does.
Old 2012-09-10, 15:00   Link #1131
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Not that much.

I think, the anime could skip most of that explanations, like the manga does.
Really? It seem quite a lot compare to other novels to me ~ just different opinions I guess.. but if they are making an anime and don't end up far enough to explain about Tatsuya's "Body" it will be quite a let down
Old 2012-09-10, 15:04   Link #1132
blackwhite67
Banned

Don't worry. If they make an anime, Tatsuya's powers have to be #1 on the list of things to include. I'm sure that they can skip a lot of the explanations just like they did with SAO.

Btw, do people sub drama CDs?
Old 2012-09-10, 15:06   Link #1133
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Don't worry. If they make an anime, Tatsuya's powers have to be #1 on the list of things to include. I'm sure that they can skip a lot of the explanations just like they did with SAO.

Btw, do people sub drama CDs?
I've seen some on youtube, but they are quite rare (at least to the extent of my knowledge) Lol Tatsuya's body is a major part in the novel tho =I I sure don't want them skipping that~
Old 2012-09-10, 15:22   Link #1134
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Really? It seem quite a lot compare to other novels to me ~ just different opinions I guess.. but if they are making an anime and don't end up far enough to explain about Tatsuya's "Body" it will be quite a let down
Hard to say what will be better, since the explanations and the narration are in 3rd. person, so I found this a little hard to adapt.

Anyway, I was talking about the extension of those text walls in the LN. Manga has proved those explanations can be compressed without further ado with images and less words.

It will be boring to have half of a chapter only about magic mechanics and so.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:31   Link #1135
tsunade666

Quote:
I think there is a big difference from SAO and Mahouka's way of explanation. SAO anime can probably ignore some explanation but if that happen to Mahouka which is explanation heavy then the work will loose its own uniqueness and its charm. Even though reading a wall of text is taxing, the part where it vastly explains its setting is needed for the setting to makes sense. Since unlike SAO. Battle in Mahouka ends fast with Tatsuya ending it in an instant then after that a bunch of wall of text to explain how he dominates his opponent.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:38   Link #1136
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think there is a big difference from SAO and Mahouka's way of explanation. SAO anime can probably ignore some explanation but if that happen to Mahouka which is explanation heavy then the work will loose its own uniqueness and its charm. Even though reading a wall of text is taxing, the part where it vastly explains its setting is needed for the setting to makes sense. Since unlike SAO. Battle in Mahouka ends fast with Tatsuya ending it in an instant then after that a bunch of wall of text to explain how he dominates his opponent.
Yaaa I feel the same way ^^ a lot of CAD that the students made or use requires explanation to how they function, as well as most fights in the novel is followed up by an explanation of "what happened"
Old 2012-09-10, 21:17   Link #1137
blackwhite67
Banned

Hey, I've been wondering how back in web arc 3 Tatsuya caught bullets with his bare hands? I know he used his decomposition magic, but how would that work? Also, he used it in front of everyone and no one noticed?
Old 2012-09-11, 07:35   Link #1138
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Hey, I've been wondering how back in web arc 3 Tatsuya caught bullets with his bare hands? I know he used his decomposition magic, but how would that work? Also, he used it in front of everyone and no one noticed?
I can't say for sure, but from what I remember, it seemed like he caught them by decomposing their motion vector. Remember, his decomposition doesn't work against just magic but solid objects, and unlike many magicians, I believe he can use partial decomposition due to his unique skills (though I'm not sure if this is anything like Kichijouji's Basic Code deal). That was my take on it, at least. I believe that portion was somewhat difficult to read. Actually, that scene was the first of MKnR I ever read, so I wasn't really good at interpreting the machine translations. Also, there was little extra detail to help me infer what may have happened.
Old 2012-09-11, 14:39   Link #1139
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Are there images of Mayumi's twin sisters? I don't remember seeing them.
Old 2012-09-11, 14:47   Link #1140
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Are there images of Mayumi's twin sisters? I don't remember seeing them.
Not yet, but there is a description of their personality and hairstyle. One is a tomboy who likes to hang out with the boys while the other is a conservative and romantic loving girl. The tomboy has a short cut while the other has a bob haircut (if you don't know what that looks like, google it). The two of them are highly mischievous around their sister.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings