AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-24, 01:32   Link #2361
Kakkou
Tch.

You're all welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Why... why did I click this thread? Better yet, why would you post that ?!
Because I literally experienced the same thing the characters did when I opened up my purchase of the C84 goods and unexpectedly found that photo with the anime staff book. I just had to scan and share this sight with the rest of the internet. I will not suffer alone.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 01:37   Link #2362
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The anime has lot of puns and gags plus with action that I never seen from any other anime so far. Finished it last week... Wonderful anime.

9/10
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 21:15   Link #2363
Kyouka
Is Here

any news on season 2?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 00:54   Link #2364
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
any news on season 2?
No, but a fan event is scheduled to occur on 15 December. There's no indication any announcements will be made there, but if there were to be an announcement, that'd be a good opportunity to make it.
Old 2013-08-31, 09:15   Link #2365
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, but a fan event is scheduled to occur on 15 December. There's no indication any announcements will be made there, but if there were to be an announcement, that'd be a good opportunity to make it.
Would be that be an Official fan event or "Fan" fan event?
In other words, will it be hosted by the official Staff or by fans?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 13:22   Link #2366
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Would be that be an Official fan event or "Fan" fan event?
In other words, will it be hosted by the official Staff or by fans?
It's an official event by the production committee for fans. People have to buy the Blu-Rays/DVDs to be eligible to get tickets.
Old 2013-09-04, 04:38   Link #2367
lishanshung

I just finished watching the series. Sure hoping for season 2. There are so many light novel content to cover.

I'm curious. How much does Maou earn on his job that he can afford to sustain the life for all 3 demons? XD I read somewhere that part-time jobs in the real-life MgRonald pays 1000 yen/hour.
lishanshung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 22:50   Link #2368
Kakkou
Tch.

So I flipped through BD vol.3's booklet and found something amusing. According to the author's notes, the real reason Ashiya keeps going back for his cape whenever he turns back into a demon is because his tail rips a hole in his pants so he needs the cape to cover his exposed butt should he turn back to a human.

FYI this doesn't apply to Lucifer and Sariel as their wings are materialised through magic and thus don't grow out and tear their clothes.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 05:32   Link #2369
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lishanshung View Post
I just finished watching the series. Sure hoping for season 2. There are so many light novel content to cover.

I'm curious. How much does Maou earn on his job that he can afford to sustain the life for all 3 demons? XD I read somewhere that part-time jobs in the real-life MgRonald pays 1000 yen/hour.
I can speculate a fair bit on this, because I've just "celebrated" my 5th year in the Quick Service Restaurant industry, and my mentor was a store manager...

Say Maou works an 8-hour shift, 48 hours a week (because this is not an industry that really holds people, any part timers willing to hold fulltime hours will get fulltime hours), he'd be pulling 48,000 yen a week, and about 192,000 yen a month. Conversion rate is about 100 yen = 1 dollar, so say 1920 US dollars a month...fuckit, Maou earns like almost four times my basic pay. ONORE MAOU. That's not including overtime and other incentives he'd be making. Can't say for McDonald's, but for Domino's Pizza here, store managers are entitled to a share of the Store Operating Income (monthly net profit) as a kinda reward/incentive; IIRC it's about 5% or so, shrared out amongst the store managers collectively. If you're a Tier 3 store, that's okayish... if you're Ampang, the most profitable pizza store in Malaysia, that's big bucks indeed.

Friend of mine in Domino's is now pretty high up, but started as a rookie store manager. He used to tell me how his riders were earning more than him, thanks to incentives, overtime and tips.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 05:36   Link #2370
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Didn't he become a full time employee near the beginning of the series? And an assistant manager afterward?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 06:35   Link #2371
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Didn't he become a full time employee near the beginning of the series? And an assistant manager afterward?
I thought as much, but I was basing my calcs on what lishanshung suggested.

As an assistant manager, how much he will earn will depend on the pay scale; in Domino's, if you're below a certain threshold, you get overtime and other incentives, but if you're above that threshold, you don't get anything. This caused me no end of pain and grief because we had a ridiculously low OT cutoff when I was an acting assistant manager (before getting replaced by asskissers).

Assuming that he's fulltime, he'd then be salaried (albeit with deductions for late/short hours) and would probably be earning more than his part time pay. Again, he's also in line for SOI, though how that's divided up would be his manager's discretion. That said, it is possible for him to then work his way up to owning several stores of his own, and perhaps even eventually running MgRonald's Japan.

On the other hand, for the kind of expenses so far, fulltime employee is just about enough for survival.

Also, give the MgRonald's environment, Maou will always have overtime for the taking. Domino's, which is kinda strict on overtime allocation, doesn't bat an eye at OT for riders and pizza makers, because you NEED them.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 21:06   Link #2372
Darthtabby

I just wanted to note that the current picture count for the "Hataraku Maou-Sama" tag on Danbooru is 666. Seems fitting somehow.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:57   Link #2373
Kyouka
Is Here

any news on s2?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 02:14   Link #2374
EroKing

Nope.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-02 at 09:41.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 12:23   Link #2375
desrtsku
Nympholept

That's fantastic.
Old 2014-04-21, 01:34   Link #2376
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
This picture has been made canon by the power of fanboys everywhere. All hail EmixMaou.
Old 2014-04-21, 02:01   Link #2377
Tenzen12

Sieg heilp! Sieg heil!
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:41   Link #2378
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

awesome and lovely pic
Old 2014-04-29, 12:08   Link #2379
Orattvisa

Sorry to be really late to the party. Did an anime maraton over the weekend with friends over the weekend. How did I missed this show last year? The whole show is always funny yet epic at times, and managed to be quite relatable at times too (The working part, I only wish I could say that I can related to be a demon conquerer. =P). The second arc's weaker than the first though, but just the details in the animation alone can make me confidently recommend this to others. Here's wishing for a second season!
Orattvisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 14:54   Link #2380
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Day 2 of Funi announcing their dub cast:

http://funimation.tumblr.com/post/84...ouncements-for

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work