AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 23:05   Link #17001
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yes, and he's the only one. George only cries for his family, and so does Jessica. Maria never cries (the only time she got angry after her mother was killed was EP6).

Also, I remember Shannon playing around with Gohda, after George had "died" in EP5.
When did that happen?

Also, thats easily explained by the fact that Battler was literally right there, and as previously explained, even if Jessica had died as well, both Kanon and Shannon wouldnt have found it to be such a big deal since they now had Battler to attach themselves to.

I mean, let's face it. Battler > Gohda > Sakutaro > Rudolph > Krauss > Kanon > Genji > Kinzo > Jessica > Rock > George is more or less the ranking of sex appeal in this series.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 23:05   Link #17002
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Episode4: He says he's quite willing to become the new family head.
Not exactly. He says he is prepared to be the head, and he's talking about being mentally prepared, which is different considering the circumstances. Y'know since Shannon is allegedly in a prison cell during this scene, and he can save her if he kills everyone else. This scene just elaborates more on his "I'll defeat everyone with the power of love" motif.

I also take the statement in episode 6 to a higher standard since it's a core arc as well. Killing people to be the head is kind of cheesy too since you'll have no reason to be the head after that. You'd just be by yourself.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 23:06   Link #17003
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I also take the statement in episode 6 to a higher standard since it's a core arc as well. Killing people to be the head is kind of cheesy too since you'll have no reason to be the head after that. You'd just be by yourself.
Just like Kinzo, huh?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 23:13   Link #17004
Redriel
Chaos Sorcerer

Kinzo's illness is in the blood
Redriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 23:14   Link #17005
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
When did that happen?
Right after EP5's 1st Twilight. You see Shannon playing around with Gohda in the kitchen.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:14   Link #17006
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Just like Kinzo, huh?
Well that's what Gaap says in episode 4 too. That doesn't make it any less cheesy, and I still don't like it.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:18   Link #17007
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Well that's what Gaap says in episode 4 too. That doesn't make it any less cheesy, and I still don't like it.
Yes, and Kinzo didn't actually kill his family, unless he has the power to conjure earthquakes.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 23:24   Link #17008
Used Can

Quote:
Yes, and Kinzo didn't actually kill his family, unless he has the power to conjure earthquakes.
You could say he got Bice's "family" killed though.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:29   Link #17009
TehChron

Quote:
The issue here is that George is most definitely suspicious. So is Kyrie, Eva, and Hideyoshi.

So let's flip things around on Ryukishi here, for a moment.

Say Kyrie was the first major red herring, and the entire Shkannon/George dynamic is itself a deeper form of red herring, which is what some of us find ourselves disliking about the George-as-culprit concept.

Who does all of this distract us from?

Jessica has neither motive nor capacity. Battler is the detective in the question arcs, and is eliminated from contention. Magic doesnt exist (supposedly) so it can't be Maria. Mutou Rosa could do it, I mean, she hunted down Beatrice-2 in Kuwadorian as a child specifically to kill her. That's hardcore.

Krauss doesnt have a motive to kill them all. Natsuhi is not the culprit. Kumasawa always dies. Gohda is too awesome and lacks motive. Eva is constantly used to mock us, so that one's iffy at best.

Hideyoshi...I cant picture him killing anyone. Sure he's a satellite to Eva, but there's been no foreshadowing of him being able to kill. Hes been consistently, and I mean consistently, portrayed as good-natured.

Kyrie and Rudolph would be anticlimactic at this point. Kinzo is dead. Shkannon is already blatantly paraded as the device to evade the red restrictions. Genji could do it, but why? I mean, hes spent several decades being Kinzo's manservant, and he doesnt have any particular grudge against Battler thatd make him slaughter the entire family.

Kanon is too anemic to lift fertilizer, let alone shove an icepick through Hideyoshi's protective layer of fat....

Yeah, unless the culprit is really Kinzo's alternate personality Goldsmith that can be some kind of a ghost or whatever, then I think that the logical conclusion is George as the culprit.

Unless Ange used psychokinesis to blow up the island while sick because they were all playing with her Onii-Chan when she couldn't...Then I would say that covers all the characters introduced in the early parts of the story.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:33   Link #17010
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Unless "Goldsmith" actually refers to Hideyoshi, and it's later revealed that Hideyoshi killed his entire family during the war.

Oh there you go maybe Hideyoshi's original last name was "Yasuda" it's not just Asumu would have family name like that.

Quote:
The issue here is that George is most definitely suspicious. So is Kyrie, Eva, and Hideyoshi.

So let's flip things around on Ryukishi here, for a moment.

*snip*
Your forgetting the premise of off island masterminds that provoke the Ushiromiyas into killing each other.

like Okonogi, Asumu, and, the Witch hunt guy, Professor Ootsuki.

(OK mostly joking on that last one)
Old 2010-09-01, 23:46   Link #17011
TehChron

Quote:
Unless "Goldsmith" actually refers to Hideyoshi, and it's later revealed that Hideyoshi killed his entire family during the war.

Oh there you go maybe Hideyoshi's original last name was "Yasuda" it's not just Asumu would have family name like that.

Your forgetting the premise of off island masterminds that provoke the Ushiromiyas into killing each other.

like Okonogi, Asumu, and, the Witch hunt guy, Professor Ootsuki.

(OK mostly joking on that last one)
He needed to feel relevant, and so set that up so he could go around claiming to be an expert on something.

Anyway, Judoh, that premise is eliminated due to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox's First
The criminal must be mentioned in the early part of the story, but must not be anyone whose thoughts the reader has been allowed to know.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:54   Link #17012
Judoh
Mystery buff

The only restriction Dlanor gave is that a person first mentioned in the fifth game can't be the culprit. So it's a matter of how you interpret the rule.

Being first introduced in game 4 is kind of shaky I agree, but a character first introduced by name in the first or second games like Asumu and Okonogi could still be culprits.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:56   Link #17013
TehChron

Quote:
The only restriction Dlanor gave is that a person first mentioned in the fifth game can't be the culprit.

Being first introduced in game 4 is kind of shaky I agree, but someone introduced in the first or second games like Asumu and Okonogi could still be culprits.
Okonogi wasnt introduced until Episode 4, though, which would at earliest be considered the opening of the second act of the story. I dunno, and Asumu has never actually been introduced, itd be pretty messed up if it turns out that Asumu had played dead all along just to...Kill her husband and his family six years after she faked her death.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:59   Link #17014
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Okonogi wasnt introduced until Episode 4, though, which would at earliest be considered the opening of the second act of the story.
Like I said he was first introduced by name in episode 2 not episode 4. That's where George learned all his tea trivia from remember? So as early as episode 2 Okonogi was introduced as a character and identified as the "tea guy" who owns Okonogi foods. See? We already know who he is and what he likes pretty early on.
Old 2010-09-02, 00:20   Link #17015
zorahk

This is completely unrelated to the current discussion, but:

For the 1% part of the epitaph that no one has figured out,

Has anyone considered going to 旧古河庭園公園 (kyufurukawateienkouen) to solve it?
I was there the other day, here is a picture. Unfortunately the rose garden is not in bloom.
(spoiler for size, 56k beware)

Spoiler for size:
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 00:46   Link #17016
TehChron

Quote:
Like I said he was first introduced by name in episode 2 not episode 4. That's where George learned all his tea trivia from remember? So as early as episode 2 Okonogi was introduced as a character and identified as the "tea guy" who owns Okonogi foods. See? We already know who he is and what he likes pretty early on.
Thats about as solid a basis for a theory as one proposing that Bernkastel or Lambadelta are the culprit.
Old 2010-09-02, 00:58   Link #17017
Judoh
Mystery buff

Fact: Okonogi was introduced in episode 2, which is early enough in the story for most people to notice him and his quirks as a character. That's all I was implying with that post.

The suspicious stuff about Okonogi doesn't even appear until much later. Until at least episode 4. Like Asumu his character build up is also far from complete, but if a member here can make a complete theory about Asumu I'm certain someone could make one about Okonogi.
Old 2010-09-02, 01:08   Link #17018
TehChron

Quote:
Fact: Okonogi was introduced in episode 2, which is early enough in the story for most people to notice him and his quirks as a character. That's all I was implying with that post.

The suspicious stuff about Okonogi doesn't even appear until much later. Until at least episode 4. Like Asumu his character build up is also far from complete, but if a member here can make a complete theory about Asumu I'm certain someone could make one about Okonogi.
Can someone make such a theory around Asumu?
Old 2010-09-02, 01:12   Link #17019
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Can someone make such a theory around Asumu?
Ssol already did. It's in his signature.

There's also some speculation from episode 6 that says Hachijou Tohya is her
Old 2010-09-02, 01:56   Link #17020
ijriims

Why all the hate on George??

You know, I don't hold any prejudice against fat people wearing glasses.

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.

Last edited by ijriims; 2010-09-02 at 03:10.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote