AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-19, 01:32   Link #41
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
there's new chapters? I think it it goes up to 12 currently.
No idea where the translations are, but raw's up to 16.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 11:41   Link #42
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I only found up to chapter 15 RAW, but it is being released regularly so the chapters are only going to increase.

I do hope we get a scanlation since I just "read" the RAWs and there seems to be some plot to them believe it or not. haha.
Old 2009-12-19, 11:55   Link #43
Kunagisa

The one thing that irks me about this manga is the way the sperm's drawn somehow makes me feel really weird ... maybe it's cause I don't treat it as softcore H =(
Old 2009-12-19, 12:09   Link #44
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It not always semen, its a mixture sometimes too. But what's weird? Is there a normal way of ever doing something like that?
Old 2009-12-19, 13:16   Link #45
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It not always semen, its a mixture sometimes too. But what's weird? Is there a normal way of ever doing something like that?
I guess with hentai's its buckets of white slosh all over and they are usually drawn with highly viscous-looking texture. Here, it's more normal with water like droplets all over the body with a splash here and there. In a way it's more realistic, which makes it even more embarrassing to read ... for me at least. For stories like these, hidden genitalia is a given, but usually it doesn't really show semen shots (thinking of Kiss x Sis and Omamori Himari), so this one is even more guilty pleasure reading than usual.

You're awful for making me write that up @__@
Old 2009-12-19, 13:54   Link #46
RPNS

I have been reading other forums and have come to the conclusion that Chapter 6 was really a make or break chapter of the manga.
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 14:13   Link #47
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I guess with hentai's its buckets of white slosh all over and they are usually drawn with highly viscous-looking texture. Here, it's more normal with water like droplets all over the body with a splash here and there. In a way it's more realistic, which makes it even more embarrassing to read ... for me at least. For stories like these, hidden genitalia is a given, but usually it doesn't really show semen shots (thinking of Kiss x Sis and Omamori Himari), so this one is even more guilty pleasure reading than usual.

You're awful for making me write that up @__@

I'm not well versed with hentai so I don't know first hand but I think I know what you mean. I imagine hentai exaggerates a great deal since there is no limit to what someone can draw.

But getting back to Aki Sora, I think showing fluids makes up for the genitalia the author doesn't or can't show.

Lastly, Kiss x Sis has been left in the dust with this. And Omamori Himari (I can't wait to see the anime) doesn't compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPNS View Post
I have been reading other forums and have come to the conclusion that Chapter 6 was really a make or break chapter of the manga.
That should have been like chapter 50 or something since it was so extreme. But I don't think it was well received since there hasn't been any event close to it.

I'm working on blocking it out of my memory, like I did with School Days.
Old 2009-12-19, 14:32   Link #48
Nosauz

I think why chapter six gets so much flack is because the fact satsuki, the girl who likes sora, isn't even humping his bones. The notion that what they have is somewhat fabricated, and her "purity" much like in Kanagi is not sora's. I really believe that if sora had taken her virginity the reaction from people reading this would be filled with far less vitriol. In the end it was bad/awkward story telling, although in chapter 8 it kind of highlights why the scene was there but in the end the notion of "pure" or what ever you want to call it is what otaku fans like.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 15:09   Link #49
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I think why chapter six gets so much flack is because the fact satsuki, the girl who likes sora, isn't even humping his bones. The notion that what they have is somewhat fabricated, and her "purity" much like in Kanagi is not sora's. I really believe that if sora had taken her virginity the reaction from people reading this would be filled with far less vitriol. In the end it was bad/awkward story telling, although in chapter 8 it kind of highlights why the scene was there but in the end the notion of "pure" or what ever you want to call it is what otaku fans like.
Yeah, it was the virginity thing that was the most messed up and if it was Sora taking it first it might not have been so bad.

And "pure" is what most people like. Being an otaku has nothing to do with it.
Old 2009-12-19, 16:33   Link #50
RPNS

Quote:

I'm not well versed with hentai so I don't know first hand but I think I know what you mean. I imagine hentai exaggerates a great deal since there is no limit to what someone can draw.

But getting back to Aki Sora, I think showing fluids makes up for the genitalia the author doesn't or can't show.

Lastly, Kiss x Sis has been left in the dust with this. And Omamori Himari (I can't wait to see the anime) doesn't compare.

That should have been like chapter 50 or something since it was so extreme. But I don't think it was well received since there hasn't been any event close to it.

I'm working on blocking it out of my memory, like I did with School Days.
I just can't finish School Days

Kiss x Sis I think its due to the main charecter actually having a bit of a spine that he does not get it on with every girl in the sireis

I agree the chapter should have been near the middle, now the interesting question is what will be the WTF event that will be in the middle of the manga
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 18:09   Link #51
velvet nightmare

kiss x sis is 'acceptable' b/c they're not blood related so it's all just fun and games, though they had fluids in that too

the general mood of kiss x sis will probably never go this far as to explicit sex and note that even though it may have the potential of going there, aki sora is already there with the first episode/chapter

back to classification, showing genitalia is the line between hentai and not, recently fluids have been taking the step to try to blur that line, and i think kiss x sis is the second generation (first i think was with mezzo and the other one, cant remember) to 'popularized' anime to push the ecchi genre to it's limits
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 21:10   Link #52
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
kiss x sis is 'acceptable' b/c they're not blood related so it's all just fun and games, though they had fluids in that too

the general mood of kiss x sis will probably never go this far as to explicit sex and note that even though it may have the potential of going there, aki sora is already there with the first episode/chapter

back to classification, showing genitalia is the line between hentai and not, recently fluids have been taking the step to try to blur that line, and i think kiss x sis is the second generation (first i think was with mezzo and the other one, cant remember) to 'popularized' anime to push the ecchi genre to it's limits
That's the thing, I think sex will happen in Kiss x Sis eventually after what happened in Chapter 32. I also don't remember that one having as much semen as this one, just lots of tongues ... lots of groping places.

I do agree about the classification, hence I'm still T___T when reading this manga. I like it when there's line between what I'm reading, and this one's blurring it pretty badly.
Old 2009-12-19, 21:44   Link #53
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

If you've Read "My Balls" (yes very funny name) He isn't actually allowed to "Burst" For 30 days. So he has to avoid all these Demon girls and such. They totally censor the groin area, sorta transparent, But very funny.

I guess its sorta a recommendation for all ecchi manga fans
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 03:01   Link #54
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
That's the thing, I think sex will happen in Kiss x Sis eventually after what happened in Chapter 32. I also don't remember that one having as much semen as this one, just lots of tongues ... lots of groping places.

I do agree about the classification, hence I'm still T___T when reading this manga. I like it when there's line between what I'm reading, and this one's blurring it pretty badly.
that's true. i'm only up to ch.31 so i can't really tell

i don't think there has been semen from keita, but the sisters have gotten wet. on a positive note, aki sora relieves a lot of pressure and controversy from this series so they're free to do pursue the series to the fullest

but im sidetracking from aki sora.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 02:00   Link #55
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Oh, and the only scenes I've found to be "hot" are with Aki & Sora. The others are all twisted in some way. I guess I'm sheltered or something, lol.
Nah, its not that your sheltered, its just that there wasn't any love in that situation. And that pissed me off. I just read chapter 6. Enjoyment of sex and having lots of it don't bother me, as long as their is love/honest affection. Tomozaki's comment of, "Because sex...doesn't mean anything special" really got to me a bit. Hmph.

And Christ, I hope somebody is gonna think about contraception soon in this story. Sheesh.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 02:04   Link #56
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

By end of chapter 16 I think Sora is starting to truly realize that he's become a total manslut.
Old 2010-01-12, 02:13   Link #57
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Yeah, I saw that coming a mile away. His half-hearted preaching followed by his not reluctant continued participation in that orgy fell flat on its face. No willpower at all.

And I don't know why, but even the Aki Sora couplings don't feel kosher. It may just be my intuition bothering me, but I feel there is something very fake (or just not quite what it looks like) underneath it all.

Last edited by Altima of the Gates; 2010-01-12 at 02:36.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 02:59   Link #58
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Of course, I think that's part of what the manga is trying to depict. None of the couplings feel really genuine and they're all just the result of Sora's out-of-control libido.
Old 2010-01-12, 08:29   Link #59
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapters 12-15:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Nah, its not that your sheltered, its just that there wasn't any love in that situation. And that pissed me off. I just read chapter 6. Enjoyment of sex and having lots of it don't bother me, as long as their is love/honest affection. Tomozaki's comment of, "Because sex...doesn't mean anything special" really got to me a bit. Hmph.
Yeah, I prefer not to dig those memories up. I've said plenty, feel free to go back a few pages and read.

Quote:
And Christ, I hope somebody is gonna think about contraception soon in this story. Sheesh.
Isn't fiction great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Yeah, I saw that coming a mile away. His half-hearted preaching followed by his not reluctant continued participation in that orgy fell flat on its face. No willpower at all.

And I don't know why, but even the Aki Sora couplings don't feel kosher. It may just be my intuition bothering me, but I feel there is something very fake (or just not quite what it looks like) underneath it all.
Aki x Sora should not feel kosher - they are siblings! As for it being fake, I'd agree with you except for the fact that Aki & Sora do go out together, like the theme park and festival. Although they do end up doing the deed each time, the love is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Of course, I think that's part of what the manga is trying to depict. None of the couplings feel really genuine and they're all just the result of Sora's out-of-control libido.
You know, he never once came onto any of the girls. For some strange and unknown reason (aside from the fact that he is the protagonist) they keep coming back for more.
Old 2010-01-12, 09:06   Link #60
lmxlmx

.....I don't find any of the relationships believable, including the main one (which began its run with mild sexual abuse in a bathroom....). Aki Sora seems like a basic wish fulfillment story where a dull main character gets with multitudes of women with no effort. Throw in some incest and orgy fetishes and you have the end result.

To be perfectly honest, I read this as smut and nothing more...it always surprises me that people consider anything in this story to be intimate or emotional.
lmxlmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romance, seinen, shounen