AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 11:40   Link #121
james0246

This thread is getting a little far afield of the actual discussion topic (the eventual Justice League catastrophe). Let's try and reorient the discussion back toward the actual end result and focus a little less on the interim features (Man 'o Steel 2, Flash and whatever else they may throw at us).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 11:47   Link #122
GDB

Was Flash even confirmed? I know the initial rumor was World's Finest 2015, Flash 2016, JLA 2017, but then I read that Flash was never actually mentioned at all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 17:54   Link #123
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Because this thread is about the upcoming Justice League movie. If people want to discuss Man of Steel 2/Superman&Batman, then a separate thread should be made for that. It doesn't matter that there's not much to discuss at this point concerning JL; incessant/excessive topic derailment isn't permitted.
Old 2013-07-30, 19:41   Link #124
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Because this thread is about the upcoming Justice League movie. If people want to discuss Man of Steel 2/Superman&Batman, then a separate thread should be made for that. It doesn't matter that there's not much to discuss at this point concerning JL; incessant/excessive topic derailment isn't permitted.
Edit: My bad, this thread is older than I thought it was. And so is the Justice League speculation. So yes, it might be good if the last few pages of this thread were shifted over into a new thread titled Man of Steel 2/Superman and Batman.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-07-30 at 19:43. Reason: Slight Mix-Up
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 22:59   Link #125
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Edit: My bad, this thread is older than I thought it was. And so is the Justice League speculation. So yes, it might be good if the last few pages of this thread were shifted over into a new thread titled Man of Steel 2/Superman and Batman.
I didn't even know there was a difference!
Seriously, unless Wonderwoman gets introduced properly, I assume the Batman Superman teamup to be considered Justice League Prologue.
Old 2013-08-24, 17:41   Link #126
james0246

I split off the Batman/Superman rumors and discussions. Please try and limit this thread to discussions of the potential Justice League film.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 01:48   Link #127
AnimeFan188

'Justice League' v 'Seven Samurai': Zack Snyder Says
Superhero Sequel Channels Kurosawa Classic:

"Warning: This story contains spoilers from ‘Batman v Superman.’
Please proceed with caution.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash, Green
Lantern, Cyborg make a magnificent seven. With that in mind, director
Zack Snyder says his upcoming Justice League team-up will pay homage
to one of cinema’s all-time classics: Akira Kurosawa’s The Seven
Samurai."

See:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/justice...164152831.html

Last edited by AnimeFan188; 2016-03-26 at 01:59.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 00:49   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This is kind of a tricky movie to talk about with BvS being kind of important for the plot of this one.
Spoiler for BvS related things in connection to Justice League:

Oh well, so it's up to an old Batman to gather up the Justice League. Some will probably be easier than others. Somewhat makes sense that this is a 2 part event. You can't easily assemble the Justice League, at least not now.

The only DC movies between BvS and Justice League is Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. So you have to spend a good chunk of Justice League Pt.1 just having Batman find these guys and convince them to join him to fight.

It will be fun to see the Justice League together and fighting. That is a group of some great characters.
Old 2016-07-23, 15:06   Link #129
Galaxian

The first Justice League trailer is out...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 17:54   Link #130
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The first Justice League trailer is out...

It may be a Comic-Con trailer, but this film already has more laughs than Batman v. Superman.
Old 2016-07-23, 18:41   Link #131
Galaxian

The only thing in the trailer that I didn't like was Cyborg's look.

Flash was very good, even if I do see some shades of the Iron-man Spider-man interaction from Civil War, and I really like that their adding the Arthur Curry side of Aquaman, I was worry that they were going to make him full Atlantean.
Old 2016-07-23, 19:29   Link #132
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
It may be a Comic-Con trailer, but this film already has more laughs than Batman v. Superman.
Well, it helps that BvS wasn't supposed to have laughs. There were no jokes or funny moments (by design) except for maybe "Is she with you?" "I thought she was with you."
Old 2016-07-23, 20:17   Link #133
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Looks like they didn't have time to finish the Flash costume...
Old 2016-07-23, 20:32   Link #134
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's a pretty good trailer. Some good humor, and I like how the Flash/Bruce Wayne scene was handled.

But it's a pretty good trailer with two big exceptions, and those exceptions are two characters.

Superman and Green Lantern.

Justice League just isn't Justice League to me with both of these characters absent. They're two of the core 5 JLA members. It would be comparable to the first Avengers movie lacking both Captain America and Hulk.

Now, I know why Superman isn't here, which just makes me dislike a certain aspect of BvS that much more... but what I don't get is why isn't Green Lantern here?
Old 2016-07-23, 21:18   Link #135
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Now, I know why Superman isn't here, which just makes me dislike a certain aspect of BvS that much more... but what I don't get is why isn't Green Lantern here?
Hmm, the best guess is that Warner Brothers and DC is panicking right now.
Marvel already had the good part of Eight years to earn the Love of its target audience, which will be solidified into outright, undying respect in 2018 Avengers Infinity War: Part One

Another Two Years till D-Day for Warner Brothers and DC, and they don't even have the basic love that Marvel has, much less the undying-respect (ie. guaranteed financial base) they are striving for.

Now, there are three ways they can go about it if they REALLY want Green Lantern:
1) Squeeze another hurriedly made Green Latern film in-between Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.
2) Be PATIENT about it, Let Marvel have their applause and bows in 2018, while you go down backstage to carefully and meticulously make a film that PROPERLY intergrates Green Lantern into Nolanverse-2.0 ( ) .
3) Shock Horror, ACKNOWLEDGE Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern as Canon and beg/bribe him to come back.

Unfortunately, Greed and Stupidity in the form of the Set-In-Stone-2017 release date comes into play here. Warner and DC (literally ) cannot afford to spend another 150 Million (Plus 100 Million Global Marketing Fees) to churn out another Green Lantern, nor have the TIME required to make it before their futile Last Stand in 2017.

DC REALLY wants the world to pay attention to their deformed little brother of a Cinematic Universe before Marvel plays gets its Global Standing Ovation and wipe ALL the interest and little respect that the audience has for the former off the face of cultural memory in 2018

Marvel is confident that this has already happened, knows that they are not threatened in the least by this harmless, whelping little Chihuahua, and therefore confidently lets the release date of their Magnum Opus (Part One. ) remain unchanged.

And even if DC DOES Swallow its pride and let Ryan Reynolds back in? The sheer hatred earned from the 2011 disaster, which costed a hilarious total of $300 Million Dollars to give stillbirth to, would tie another rock to their feet in their futile struggle swim upwards to Glory and Respectability.

So the only option we, the audience are left with, if it can even be called an option?

Give DC enough support so they become a Blip on the Cultural Radar in 2017, so they have enough money and time to make the New Lantern proper....

....and watch them more-than-likely stuff-it-up-all-over-again in their mad-rush to compete with Avengers Infinity War Part 2

At the very least, Warner and DC can be an object lesson on the consequences of Jealousy, Impatience, Pride and Greed.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2016-07-23 at 21:33.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 21:34   Link #136
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Now, there are three ways they can go about it if they REALLY want Green Lantern:
1) Squeeze another hurriedly made Green Latern film in-between Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.
2) Be PATIENT about it, Let Marvel have their applause and bows in 2018, while you go down backstage to carefully and meticulously make a film that PROPERLY intergrates Green Lantern into Nolanverse-2.0 ( :P ) .
3) Shock Horror, ACKNOWLEDGE Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern as Canon and beg/bribe him to come back.
Or just have him in the Justice League movie then have a Green Lantern movie afterward.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 21:49   Link #137
B214

I think they plan to put him on the 2nd Justice League film. Not sure why though.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 21:51   Link #138
Galaxian

There is going to be 7 heroes in this movie, since their marketing last year was "Unite the Seven". If they don't want to bring GL in yet, they could introduce Shazam in here.

Btw, in case anyone is wondering, the planed GL movie is titled "Green Lantern Corps" and it's expected to come out on 2020.
Old 2016-07-23, 21:56   Link #139
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think the reason is fairly obvious. They are seriously hesitant about Green Lantern after his solo movie tanked. So they decided to go with heroes that hadn't gotten live action movies yet with Aquaman and Cyborg.

Honestly I just think they didn't know what to do with him and decided to push him back. It doesn't feel quite right without him, but I'm not surprised Green Lantern won't be in the Justice League for a while. Go with something new in terms of the general audience and not something they remember poorly. I'm not sure they had to do that of course. Think they could have recast and thrown in Green Lantern and it would have been fine.

Back to the trailer though. I thought it was good. I didn't have anything bad to say about it. I do appreciate some humor they put in there and I hope they do this well. I feel better about Justice League after this trailer than I ever did after seeing the trailers for BvS.

Feels like this movie will have a bit more "heart." As vague a term as that is. It might still not turn out to be all that good, but here's hoping.
Old 2016-07-23, 22:07   Link #140
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

And the casting has to be pitch-perfect.

It did NOT help that in a press conference responding to the outrage of Ryan Reynolds instead of an African American Actor, Warner replied in the lines of

"Oh don't fret your pretty little heads, we will have a Black Green Lantern in the next movie... as Ryan Reynolds' sidekick!!!

This, hot on the outrage towards the-white-airbender, killed what little respect was left for the DC cinematic Green Lantern.

DC and Warner had better cast and write the perfect LEADING African American Green Lantern, or start digging their own Financial Grave.