2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-09, 12:15   Link #181
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Reunion is a stand alone. The next episode will be the new arc, Yakusamashi-hen (no possible way to determine how long it will last. most likely between 6-8 episodes)
Old 2007-07-09, 12:27   Link #182
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Finally got around to watching the 1st episode. First of all i love the OP to me it fits well with the series just the like the OP and ED from the 1st seasons.

It was interesting to see the retelling years from when all the events took place. I was surprised to see Rena so early on all grown up. But it makes sense since they are investigating the disastar that happend after the school hostage incident which is theTatarigoroshi arc. Tracing all the events that lead up to the great disaster is being brought out really well. It interesting that the even after all this time the truth was never really discovered. Im looking forward to more

There seems to be quite a few people who have not seen the first season and are posting asking questions. Well dont jump into the sequel you will be lost and very confused. Do not entertain any thoughts of the entire cast poping back up again THEY ARE DEAD Rena is a special case. If you have not seen the first season and keep asking obvious questions week after week to those who have seen the first one your going to piss people off. just my opinion

A friend of mine did it and he asked me a butt load of questions. I told he need to watch the first season especially sense there will be spoilers.
I agree with you there. If anyone has not watched Season 1, I highly recommend you do. It's best to see the previous story arcs to give at least some better understanding of what will and might happen in Season 2 or you will be lost.
Old 2007-07-09, 21:56   Link #183
Serenity85
Horo-ism

yay for the return of Higurashi^^ Was disappointed at the end of s1 that they weren't going to the show the last 2 arcs (especially the final arc for various reasons that are spoilers for those who don't know^^) So I peekedto see how it ended (lol good part thou, was that I was to lazy to read through it all so I only now 1 main thing^^ the true villain and a couple other small things) Now I'm happy to see things being finished up with better animation quality.

on a side note are there full versions of the OP and ED out?
Old 2007-07-09, 22:52   Link #184
FallenLucifel
The One Being Sung

Send a message via AIM to FallenLucifel
Can't wait for the actual new arc. I liked the first episode in the way it, as the title suggests, reunites the remnants of the cast with the viewers and explained things, but of course it would be horrible if an entire arc was made of grown men constantly talking about UFOs. No offense to older Mamarou, but people are watching this series for the characters actually shown in the openings. =P Still, this episode is a good start, and I like the new OP alot even if it is rightfully different from the creepier tone of the original.
Old 2007-07-09, 22:57   Link #185
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. Reunion

Finally, the stage has been set up and once again the curtain of paranoia, disbelief, and mistrust opens again to incredulous eyes to invite us all again to the village of Hinamizawa.

I am just as excited as anyone of you guys, and it looks like finally DEEN is going to deliver the audience what we rightfully should had deserved from the start.
Extraordinarily visual animation and a congruent, dense plot pacing.

Reunion was just the appetitizer to the second part of the Higurashi series. What horrors are about to unfold?

The true nature of Oyashiro-sama would reveal itself to eyes of the naive mortals?

Or is it that there's indeed a mastermind who has inflicted all this tragedy and misery for what purpose?
Who knows, but the time has come for all of us to finally settle down the puzzle pieces and fight against destiny.

If you have paid attention closely to the opening and ending, Rika has been made a special focus on the spotlight. It looks like this second series would be actively tense and emotionally excruciating.

BTW, the main reason why I loved this episode was because they played that beautiful but macabre song that was actually played at the end of the Keiichi v.s. Rena fight at the last episode of Tsumihoroboshi-hen arc from the previous season.
Many of you might know to which I mean...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-09, 23:25   Link #186
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for a theory:
Old 2007-07-09, 23:30   Link #187
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Thumbs up

Oh, wow...

I had heard about how Studio Deen was going to repair the damage they did from the first series, but I wasn't wholly convinced until I saw this episode. With this and the new arc, I think that this will go a long way to redeeming their mistakes the first time around. I've often said that Higurashi is the best story I've ever seen adapted to anime, but the anime itself falls short of that potential--maybe now I can revise that opinion. The imagery of present-day Hinamizawa was fantastic, and adult Rena was quite a nice surprise. I hadn't realised how much I missed this series until now.

The new opening is brilliant, and I like the ending too. I love the lyrics and the animation (which is all storyboarded by the director, so that really gives me hope). I can't wait for them to get to Minagoroshi-hen!

I haven't found a version that has the jikai (preview) included though...rats!
Old 2007-07-10, 17:40   Link #188
Davidj

Ooishi...it's been something like 35 years now. Stop suggesting conspiracy theories to people from Hinamazawa!
Old 2007-07-10, 18:53   Link #189
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
If i could just find the missing peices on the mystery of the deaths and the repeating june.

Spoiler for My theory:
Old 2007-07-10, 21:39   Link #190
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Ooishi...it's been something like 35 years now. Stop suggesting conspiracy theories to people from Hinamazawa!
Ok i'm adding this to my sig as a nearly busted a gut reading it.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-07-11, 02:32   Link #191
yakuri-moe

I have to admit I wasn't warmed up at the OP and ED at all. I was expecting something following the PS2's opening (nageki no mori) composition, and the animation was quite simple compared to the explosion of colors that was the first one. Even so, I'm quite picky in some things and all in all it's quite alright. I just wish they would have made a less j-pop-ish song.

The flashbacks show us how the characters will look and move in future episodes, and they look much more promising than what I expected, so I hope the animation quality is kept (if not increased) and nothing like the first season happens. Special mention (for better) goes to the proportion of the eyes (and the face overall), which ended up huge in some past episodes; and the more detailed to the hair.

This stand alone connects really well with the end of the first season and it's really helpful for those who don't follow the TIPS or any kind of translation held in this forum. It will certainly shed some much needed enlightenment to the plot

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-11, 06:41   Link #192
tobiast88
No patience for fools

The thing is, all of the first season is about the mystery, the macabre, the inevitability of the characters' deaths. The second season, Kai, on the other hand, is not at all: it's a ganbarimonogatari, a story of perseverance, as all the characters (and especially one in particular) try to break free from their fate. The tune may be a bit J-pop-ish, but the lyrics mean something and are entirely appropriate to the atmosphere of Kai, for both the OP and ED.

Spoiler for for Kai:
Old 2007-07-11, 13:23   Link #193
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiast88 View Post
The thing is, all of the first season is about the mystery, the macabre, the inevitability of the characters' deaths. The second season, Kai, on the other hand, is not at all: it's a ganbarimonogatari, a story of perseverance, as all the characters (and especially one in particular) try to break free from their fate. The tune may be a bit J-pop-ish, but the lyrics mean something and are entirely appropriate to the atmosphere of Kai, for both the OP and ED.

Spoiler for for Kai:
The song in the op kinda gives us some peices on solving the mystery (ITS HAS ALOT OF SPOILERS!)
Almost all lyrics in the OP and ED is predicting something will happen in the show.
Rika:"I'll look for a new hinamizawa" <------ parallel universe?
Old 2007-07-11, 13:32   Link #194
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not really, they are not spoilers per se. the lyrics instead, pretty much summary the feelings and the current situation.
The songs themselves don't explain nor show any future events at all (i might be wrong, but i would be curious how it has spoilers. of course, it would be better to discuss on the spoiler thread, not here.)
Old 2007-07-11, 13:37   Link #195
Cerollian
DarkMage

anyone know a website where i can see it.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:41   Link #196
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerollian View Post
anyone know a website where i can see it.
its the opening of higurashi kai. youtube??
The opening song(this is not the ep ok)
Old 2007-07-11, 13:43   Link #197
Cerollian
DarkMage

oh I meant the episode. I've been siked all year but im in the U.S
Old 2007-07-11, 13:47   Link #198
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Most likely, you will have to use torrent to get the episode (or IRC).
i would suggest you to check the animesuki page of this.

of course, you should watch the first season before... else, it doesn't really worth the confusion...
Old 2007-07-11, 14:14   Link #199
Cerollian
DarkMage

ha i've seen it all but is number 2 out?I just love anime.
Old 2007-07-11, 14:41   Link #200
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well... it would be easier if you are more accurate about what are you talking about then ~~

no, the second episode hasn't aired yet. if the scheldule didn't change, it should be aired tomorrow the 12th.