AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-08, 00:48   Link #2081
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Is it a bad sign that a vein pops in my head every time I see this thread bumped?
Nope, you would be like a lot of us that would prefer this thread to die.
Old 2010-02-08, 00:50   Link #2082
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Remind me again why we can't ask a moderator to lock this thread? There really is no point to it since all it does is start arguments and trolling. Hell, the FFT is more user-friendly to shipping than this place.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:04   Link #2083
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

*sighs*

*resets the counter of "days since last relationship thread bump"*

And it was doing so well.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:05   Link #2084
uber

Quote:
Is it a bad sign that a vein pops in my head every time I see this thread bumped?
Why? I only ask the reason why some people ship yunoha.

For Nanofate there are many reasons. The two main reasons are in my opinion:
1. It´s Yuri.
2. Their relationship keeps them clean unte a Waifuf*g get sexual intercourse with them in his fantasies.

I personally oppose to ship Nanoha with any male because it would decrease her status. The situation would be that the White Devil is "tamed" by some male and become a obedient, cute housewife. With Fate such a thing won´t happen, because she is always showed as Nanohas "bitch", even she would be the male part of the relationship.

The only relationship in a shounen/seinen series where the female part is not weak or inferior to the male part is Tsubase Reservoir Cronicles.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:07   Link #2085
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Best way to make sure it stays dead is to randomly post into all the other threads until this thread goes into the second page.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:11   Link #2086
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
Why? I only ask the reason why some people ship yunoha.
I'll tell you exactly why in the most civil terms I can.

Because we, as fans of the series, are free to choose from any pairing we damn well please, that's why. It's not anybody's place to say what pairings are "correct" or not; in lieu of an absolute last word on the creator's part, I see zero reason why we can't do our own thing.

That is all.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:16   Link #2087
uber

Quote:
I'll tell you exactly why in the most civil terms I can.

Because we, as fans of the series, are free to choose from any pairing we damn well please, that's why. It's not anybody's place to say what pairings are "correct" or not; in lieu of an absolute last word on the creator's part, I see zero reason why we can't do our own thing.

That is all.
I apologize for trolling your forum. I already deleted my trollpost.

The question I post has no trolling intension, but it is something I realy would like to know. And I wish to have an answer. I´m not asking you if the pairing is correct or not, but WHY you ship it.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:18   Link #2088
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

You know, I don't post in this thread for a reason, but I'm just gonna stop in for a sec:

There is no way of knowing who Nanoha prefers. Who you think she prefers is, by and large, a product of your own personal interpretation. Now, as for me, I'm going to say I like NanoFate. I base this on the bridge scene, I think they're adorable, them together makes me warm and fuzzy inside, there, I said it, now you know. I am by no means implying that my interpretation is the accurate one, or even the right one for the series. It's just what I like to think. As for Yunooha, just because Yuno isn't in the series as often doesn't make him irrelevant. He's simply a librarian in a series about magical girls. It's to be expected. I wish him the best of luck. Just... you know. Not as much as Fate.

As an extension, I apply this to all shipping: I have no say in the course of the series, and I should deal with any outcome with grace and dignity, and perhaps some reluctant approval. Accepting these moments is a part of being a fan. And remember: someone was bound to be disappointed, and this time, it was you. At least they didn't pull a Toloveru on you.

That being said! None of us, ever, will know who gets Nanoha, because she loves everybody. Equally! And will for the rest of her life. We can go on for years, but it's not like we're going to get to a chapter where Nanoha drapes Fate over her knee and kisses her passionately. It's just not gonna happen. (So I should.... stop.... thinking.... about that image... just... gimme a sec.... why, imagination? Why are you so good at your job?!)

Rant over! Back to my cave.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:20   Link #2089
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Some people have no reason at all. I have several reason why I ship it, just like I have several reasons why I ship NanoFate and YuuFate and YuuNanoFate. In respect for most people's wishes, I'm not posting those reasons here. But I will say this: other pairings have little basis, or no basis at all, other than "Because we like it".
Old 2010-02-08, 01:24   Link #2090
uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Some people have no reason at all. I have several reason why I ship it, just like I have several reasons why I ship NanoFate and YuuFate and YuuNanoFate. In respect for most people's wishes, I'm not posting those reasons here. But I will say this: other pairings have little basis, or no basis at all, other than "Because we like it".
All I want to hear are personal point of views/reasons. This has nothing to do with respect other people or not.

Since I konw the thoughts of Nanofaters very well, I would like to hear the other site. Where is the problem?
Old 2010-02-08, 01:25   Link #2091
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

This thread is the problem--every time it starts up, it degenerates into arguments and flaming. Some people don't intend for that to happen, but that's what happens. Its fine if you stay respectable and take it to VMs/PMs, but this thread is just a lost cause.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:26   Link #2092
uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
This thread is the problem--every time it starts up, it degenerates into arguments and flaming. Some people don't intend for that to happen, but that's what happens. Its fine if you stay respectable and take it to VMs/PMs, but this thread is just a lost cause.
Then please PM me.
Old 2010-02-08, 09:42   Link #2093
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Then please PM me.
Just to discuss pairings? That's going a little too far.
Old 2010-02-08, 10:01   Link #2094
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

lol, better than discussing henshin sequences!
Old 2010-02-08, 10:14   Link #2095
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Speaking of Relationships in Nanoha...

I never did find out, but what is Graham's relationship with Hayate and Chrono after A's?

I think Hayate forgave him, I'm not sure though.

Never found out about what Chrono thought about Graham after those events.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-02-08, 10:43   Link #2096
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Hayate did at the very least, as she still sends letters and such to him. She also speaks fondly of him in StrikerS
Old 2010-02-08, 11:36   Link #2097
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
All I want to hear are personal point of views/reasons. This has nothing to do with respect other people or not.

Since I konw the thoughts of Nanofaters very well, I would like to hear the other site. Where is the problem?
Because it's dead. Regardless of what you "think" there are only 3 shippings in Nanoha: Shiro/Momoko, Kyoya/Shinobu, Chrono/Amy.

That's it.

Everything else is still up in the air, as *every* scene can be interpreted one way or the other, so arguing about it is pointless. Asking about it,a nd your first post, merely shows that you have already made up your mind and thus just want to tell us how it is. Read the thread title: "SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY." You aren't giving the impression of someone who is really serious, except about finding out Yuunoha reasons just so you can attempt to strike them down.

And you know what? You CAN strike them down. Just as easily as NanoFate reasons can be struck down; it's a two-way street. It's not a very smart individual who attempts to convince people they are standing on shaky ground, while they themselves aren't moving from a collapsing bridge.

It really is possible for two people to be very close friends, without having a romantic attraction for each other. Nanoha seems to be this way with practically everyone.

The main reason why people hate this thread so much, is that enough Nanofate people have been so rabid, rude, and demanding to people of different opinions in the past. I came into this forum after most of that had gone on, and died down, I think, so I'm wasn't as heavy-handed towards it; but even I have seen it in ff.net reviews.

And you know what? It merely drives me further into other shipping camps, because I don't want to be associated with a group that harasses, calls names, and in general, makes itself look like a petulant child.

Lastly, I'm just gonna say in my personal view that Nanoha isn't about romantic attachments; it's about family relationships. Over every anime episode and manga chapter, you'll find that theme drilled over and over. Nanoha started with the normal family, but new and different family types popped up all over the place, from Hayate's unique group, to the Nakajima sister bunch.\

So *arguing* about romantic shippings is just plain silly, in my own view. Pick what you want if you plan to write, or seek fanart of, but just let everyone else do what they want to.

Respect other people, and they will respect you.

Last note: I would support locking this thread, too. On one hand, it doesn't bother me to have a place where people can discuss things. But on the other, this doesn't work well in this case, in practice. I'd suggest a number of people post with just "Lock this thread please" and after we get quite a few, I can beseech a mod with a well-reasoned request to lock it, based on the fact that it's not doing any good, and is just a source of flames.

Edit: Oh hey, someone wants to anonymously give me negative rep for "trolling relationships thread"? Very brave of you, and thanks for proving my point. Note that I don't really care about a broken reputation system that doesn't mean much, but I do find it amusing to be sniped by anonymous cowards. I'd have more respect for someone who could confront me directly.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2010-02-08 at 18:16.
Old 2010-02-08, 12:13   Link #2098
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

Never found out about what Chrono thought about Graham after those events.
Graham continued to support Hayate financially, for which Hayate is still very grateful, along with the fact that he technically did give her a family.

Chrono... I don't recall ever hearing about.
Old 2010-02-08, 14:44   Link #2099
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Graham continued to support Hayate financially, for which Hayate is still very grateful, along with the fact that he technically did give her a family.

Chrono... I don't recall ever hearing about.
Thing is - they are both practical thinkers and pretty much realize that could act exactly same in his situation. It's especially prominent in Chrono whose main disagreement with Graham was not moral but "it wouldn't work", and given how Chrono was shown in first two seasons it's easy for me to believe that given 100% or at least 99.9% guarantee that it would work in long term then he could actually support it. And IIRC Hayate in Strikers sound stages rants about how she could easily became someone like Geiz and Regius is much worse than Graham... As all ended good i don't see any possible resentment from them...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-02-08, 18:38   Link #2100
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Because it's dead. Regardless of what you "think" there are only 3 shippings in Nanoha: Shiro/Momoko, Kyoya/Shinobu, Chrono/Amy.

That's it.

Everything else is still up in the air, as *every* scene can be interpreted one way or the other, so arguing about it is pointless.
Like Shiny before me said: Quint and Genya Nakajima would like a word with you.

So please make that 4 shippings.

Also, if this is up for a vote, I too request that this thread be locked. It's tiresome to have it always be forgotten for a while until somebody decides it'll be fun to bring it back from the dead and start the 'discussion' again. I seriously don't understand why it hasn't been locked before this, since it's a place very prone to flame wars.