AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 05:15   Link #81
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm pretty much mixed about this. On the one hand, after reading the first two chapters, it looks to be incredibly generic nonsense, but on the other hand I actually liked that trailer. it's interesting to note that Atsuko Ishizuka came into the anime industry through pure graphic arts, and i think her talents were on display in that trailer as the visuals did look impressive.

As for Okada, this seems to be a straight up adaptation so it's likely the only thing she's going to do is exactly what I initially expected of Zetsuen no Tempest and what I think happened with Aquarion Evol and Gosick: She gives a mediocre story better characterization.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 06:55   Link #82
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As for Okada, this seems to be a straight up adaptation so it's likely the only thing she's going to do is exactly what I initially expected of Zetsuen no Tempest and what I think happened with Aquarion Evol and Gosick: She gives a mediocre story, better female characterization.
Fixed .

But yeh, as mentioned in my previous post, it's an adaptation so it isn't the end of the world . The visuals are pretty good as both you said and I in my previous post.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 06:56   Link #83
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
it's interesting to note that Atsuko Ishizuka came into the anime industry through pure graphic arts, and i think her talents were on display in that trailer as the visuals did look impressive.
Yeah,I'm not sure why she ended up doing a LN adaptation at JC staff but I'll take it and her presence is the reason why I'm Looking forward to the show despite the first couple chapters of the manga not doing much for me.
The PV was a sort of first test and I liked what I saw so I'm still looking forward to it.

Not sure if the character intros are a PV thing only or if they'll be used in the show but either way they remind me of her work on the P4 golden game OP character intros.
Old 2012-08-12, 22:56   Link #84
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scans:
Old 2012-08-12, 23:31   Link #85
Kakkou
Tch.

I thought the anime designs looked a little familiar and that the lead male reminded me a bit of Yumekui Merry's Yumeji. Makes sense that they had the same anime character designer.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 08:11   Link #86
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Just something I noticed about these type of series: The guy is almost always herbivorous. Girl naked in front of him and he doesn't do a thing.

Telling her to get some clothes on (properly) is also being herbivorous?

Having a guy who's way too happy to get a "free show" isn't good too, y'know.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 12:09   Link #87
leokiko

He doesn't even get embarassed when getting her panties and giving it to her. But that's minor concern.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 02:49   Link #88
starlol

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
He doesn't even get embarassed when getting her panties and giving it to her. But that's minor concern.
he got used to it.
Old 2012-08-24, 03:02   Link #89
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wasn't he rather flustered in that PV?

EDIT:

Hmmm... The PV is now 'private', whatever that means.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 03:09   Link #90
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wasn't he rather flustered in that PV?

EDIT:

Hmmm... The PV is now 'private', whatever that means.
It has been re-uploaded:
Old 2012-08-24, 17:04   Link #91
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Looks like the show is officially announced to have 24 episodes according to some Japanese websites.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 17:05   Link #92
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Looks like the show is officially announced to have 24 episodes according to some Japanese websites.
Wow, really? That would be amazing.
Old 2012-08-24, 17:10   Link #93
totoum
Me at work

Is there enough material for 24 episodes?
Old 2012-08-24, 17:18   Link #94
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Is there enough material for 24 episodes?
A total of 9 volumes have been released.

The latest one just came out this month, Vol 7.5

I haven't read the LN so I don't know how they're going to play it, but thinking about it this could be where Mari Okada comes in

But in any case, I would love to see the source of this information just to be sure.
Old 2012-08-24, 17:38   Link #95
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But in any case, I would love to see the source of this information just to be sure.
Not sure so i'd gladly accept someone confirm this but this is the same article that said the channel tvk had little busters at 26 episodes. It seems like it says this show will be 24 episodes.

So the source would be the channel it's airing on
Old 2012-08-24, 19:52   Link #96
relentlessflame

*Administrator

My anticipation for this show went up when I heard that it was slated for 24 episodes the other day, along with the suggestion that the source material may be headed towards a conclusion soon. This could mean that the anime is being timed to coincide with the conclusion of the source material, and that the anime will cover the entire story (up to the ending). I think this sort of story would work well with a defined conclusion, and doing it in a 24-episode block is a good length of time for it.

Although it's quite different, this show's premise and setup reminds me a bit of anime romantic comedy/dramas from 5-10 years ago, like say Mahoraba for example. The episode count also reminds me of shows from that era. So I am looking forward to this.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:49   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
My anticipation for this show went up when I heard that it was slated for 24 episodes the other day, along with the suggestion that the source material may be headed towards a conclusion soon. This could mean that the anime is being timed to coincide with the conclusion of the source material, and that the anime will cover the entire story (up to the ending). I think this sort of story would work well with a defined conclusion, and doing it in a 24-episode block is a good length of time for it.

Although it's quite different, this show's premise and setup reminds me a bit of anime romantic comedy/dramas from 5-10 years ago, like say Mahoraba for example. The episode count also reminds me of shows from that era. So I am looking forward to this.

So... They're going to "Toradora" this thing ?
Old 2012-08-25, 00:04   Link #98
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
JC Staff LN adaptations have a pretty notorious reputation so I'm not gonna have high expectations, but I do admit that occasionally JC Staff produces some solid LN adaptation hits. Toradora and Shana S1 being two examples.

As long as Mari Okada isn't given free reign to deviate from the source and spaz her gimmicks onto the series (namely bizzarre fanservice, extreme emasculation and/or overwrought melodrama), it should be pretty fine. I've never had big problems with Okada on slice of life/drama/romance adaptations if she keeps to the source, it's just when she writes anime original material be it the whole anime or she deviates (e.g. Black Butler S2 and the latter half of Fate Stay Night) then I start to pull out hairs. Hence, I'm not even gonna touch that PA Works one that was announced yesterday.

Back to Sakurasou, as mentioned before the PV was actually pretty nice, but I'll give it the usual "3 episode" treatment before making solid confirmations. I think it's got to do with music and the atmosphere it portrayed. It didn't scream slapstick/fanservice romcom which was nice.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 01:11   Link #99
leokiko

The first seasons of most J.C Staff animes are generally great imo, so if this is indeed confirmed for 2-cour, I have high expectations. And I never read the LN, so if they change it, I won't mind(if they make bad decisions though, I will).
Old 2012-08-25, 01:15   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fall is usually the time where they put their best foot forward... Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if this would become better received than Little Buster, if only because nobody is expecting anything from it

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life