AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 23:32   Link #13661
Chris38

Well, regarding who was behind the Shuzen's family decision to support Fairy Tale.
I mean the only thing that we learned in chapter 29 is how Akuha looks like, we still don't know much about her personality and motives.

I'm certainly sure that she's evil, but judging from how Khaula was portrayed not all members of the Shuzen family are necessarily as evil as her.

Not to mention the fact that we still don't know anything about Moka's father, so I think that there are still too many things that we don't know about.

It could be possible that something forced Daddy Starbucks to make that sort of decision, so anything is possible.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 03:32   Link #13662
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It could be possible that something forced Daddy Starbucks to make that sort of decision, so anything is possible.
That certainly crossed my mind too (and would make for an awesome twist if it were Moka against the world), but since the introduction of the mother and eldest sister has been stringed with the fact that the Shuzen are FT supporters, I think it is the author's intention for us to believe that the female side is behind it.
Then again, maybe I'm wrong and we're just avoiding tmi by having the father out of the picture for now...after all, R+V has always been kinda stingy when it comes to story
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 13:00   Link #13663
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
He could also be a bad guy. We're all hoping he is good and is being forced or doing this for some other reason, but he can be a really bad dude.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:30   Link #13664
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

You know despite the bashing it gets, my brother just watched the anime and now he wants to read the manga too!
I'd say in that sense the anime definately sets out to do what it wants to do, hes got loads on his to read list, but hes quite looking forward to reading the manga and seeing how the whole ghoul element progresses etc
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:33   Link #13665
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The S1 anime actually got me to read the manga, about half way through I was curious about Tsukune becoming strong or not and looked it up and got excited and started reading the manga.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:39   Link #13666
usspaul

the only reason i found out about this manga was because of the anime too. once the anime ended i wanted more rosario then i found the earlier chapters and since then ive been hooked .
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:44   Link #13667
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm among the older members who first read the manga, then decided to watch the anime and found out the hard way just how much of an abomination it is... but alas, that's how much of an R+V fan I am

... in fact, I think I'm one of the older members of this thread that still posts frequently

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:49   Link #13668
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
I'm among the older members who first read the manga, then decided to watch the anime and found out the hard way just how much of an abomination it is... but alas, that's how much of an R+V fan I am

... in fact, I think I'm one of the older members of this thread that still posts frequently
I can see why you wouldnt like the anime that much if you've read the manga first, but then having read the manga didnt kill me watching the series again with my brother, in fact in some ways when I read the manga after the series (and to some extent watched the anime again after reading the manga) I enjoyed it more because I was noticing the parallel scenes and plot points where stuff had been used etc. Theres also almost an edge of a few small elements that appeared in the anime first showing up nowadays in the manga, so perhaps the mangaka didn't completely hate it, or at least not all the ideas.

The manga goes a lot deeper than the anime and is much more developed (it should be, its MUCH longer), but I find if you switch your brain off the anime is a good bit of harmless fun, and I think a lot of the issues with the anime derive from the simple fact there's only so much they could do with a 12 episode series.
There was always going to have to be some pretty major trim, and if they just shot through the manga, it would have felt rediculously rushed and a lot of the more interesting/deeper subplots and nods in the manga would have been missed.
Was kinda a bad situation to start off with for a really pure translation.

Not saying I dont think the manga is better though, wanting to see if more was made of the vampire blood in Tsukune (I was really surprised how little it appeared in the s2 of R+V anime, it felt like it was gonna feature heavily in s2 after the ending of S1) and also some more resolution in Tsukune/Moka's relationship was what brought me to the manga and then the R+V stuff on animesuki after all!

On the plus side Im glad my post has brought a little more life into the thread whilst we wait for the next chapter or for someone to come up with an interesting discussion point
Old 2010-04-13, 16:17   Link #13669
usspaul

well i check this thread almost every day to see whats going on but i hardly ever post just for the simple fact that most of my post are not really that important or worth reading . so i just simply stay in lurk mode. the only time i might post is if i find a new doujin but ive been mostly sending those out in pms as of late anyways.
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:45   Link #13670
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I enjoyed the first season, thought the second was crap and heard the manga was better and so I read it. I watched the first two eps of the first season and I don't think I can finish it. It's really funny but the amount of panty flashes and all...they ruined it so much.
Old 2010-04-13, 20:49   Link #13671
yongshun

I personally never even heard of this title until the anime was announced read the synopsis of it and it sounded like it could be fun so I started reading the manga before the anime came out. Like some people have said the first few chapters really starts out slowly the comedy wasn't really all there until a little later on, but once it picks up it really picks up.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 02:36   Link #13672
Kafriel
Senior Guest

R+V's greatest charm is the dark mood that rules when things get serious...the anime just went in all-out ecchi mode and killed the mood. So, while I'm sure it's a great ecchi anime, it shouldn't share the same title as it is an entirely different story.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 03:10   Link #13673
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

It's rather interesting that a few of you guys started to read the manga after you saw the anime.

I actually stumbled onto R+V when I was reading ToLuv-Ru. Back when I liked TLR I started looking for similar manga on MangaFox. I did a search using some of the TLR tags and R+V showed up as one of the results. I saw that it was pretty popular and started reading. I dropped TLR the week after and the rest was history.

I didn't find out there was a R+V anime until I got to R+V S2. I checked it out and I thought the first season of the anime was good even though some of the story got changed. Then I saw the second season and I threw a fit. I was hoping that it would have gotten better but instead it was panty flashes every 5 seconds. I actually watched it part of the way through hoping it would get better...I was wrong I dropped it right after the curry episode and watched the last episode out of curiosity.

I won't go into my rant about why the manga is infinitely better than the anime since we all know why. I'm hoping there's a remake that'll follow the manga but it's a slim chance
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 04:07   Link #13674
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I didn't find out there was a R+V anime until I got to R+V S2. I checked it out and I thought the first season of the anime was good even though some of the story got changed. Then I saw the second season and I threw a fit. I was hoping that it would have gotten better but instead it was panty flashes every 5 seconds. I actually watched it part of the way through hoping it would get better...I was wrong I dropped it right after the curry episode and watched the last episode out of curiosity.

I won't go into my rant about why the manga is infinitely better than the anime since we all know why. I'm hoping there's a remake that'll follow the manga but it's a slim chance
Yeah, the 1st season was a lot more plot orientated than the second season, although ironically if you dropped it after the curry episode in the second season (episode 6?), I think it was the very next episode which was based almost directly around the manga chapter where Tsukune visits home and the girls show up, which was probably my favourite episode in the season (and one of my favourites in the Manga too) and a few episodes later was the Lilith's mirror episode which was semi-based on the manga chapter, just with changes to fit in Kokoa etc. Kinda ironic you dropped it just before they bothered putting manga-based material back in! I actually thought the second half of the series overall was much better than the first, and actually touches on some elements the manga is dealing with.

The first season was definately better than the second in that regards though, some of the second season was influenced by the manga in plotlines and stuff, but the first was much closer.

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-14 at 04:19.
Old 2010-04-14, 06:00   Link #13675
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Btw all this time in the anime and manga we haven't seen a piece of garlic yet....... O_O
Old 2010-04-14, 09:50   Link #13676
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well Moka's a cook so she'd know to stay away from that herself. ^_^

And I was one of the few who had read the manga before the anime. I still think the fight against Kyuou could have be done a bit closer to the manga - Tsukune PUUUNCH or something... And don't get me started on S2 of the anime - I think a few in here can remember the fits I threw the entire week after episode 12 had come out.
Old 2010-04-14, 13:03   Link #13677
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

lol well, overall I prefered the second half of season 2 to the first half, it was definately a step in the right direction overall, even if it did differ heavily from the manga. More manga/plot based stuff, whereas the earlier half of the series, once you'd done the Kokoa stuff, was a little bit...errr...ok (see Curry episode).

Beside its possible garlic has no effect against R+V Vampires, sunlight doesn't!
Old 2010-04-14, 13:10   Link #13678
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
lol well, overall I prefered the second half of season 2 to the first half, it was definately a step in the right direction overall, even if it did differ heavily from the manga. More manga/plot based stuff, whereas the earlier half of the series, once you'd done the Kokoa stuff, was a little bit...errr...ok (see Curry episode).
I stopped watching after the curry episode. It was just too much.

Although I was thrilled about Shuichi Ikeda doing Kuyou's voice in season 1.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:17   Link #13679
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well Moka's a cook so she'd know to stay away from that herself. ^_^

And I was one of the few who had read the manga before the anime. I still think the fight against Kyuou could have be done a bit closer to the manga - Tsukune PUUUNCH or something... And don't get me started on S2 of the anime - I think a few in here can remember the fits I threw the entire week after episode 12 had come out.
Oh yes, those were the times- back when the anime was airing, it was a case of endless bitching and having hope that never truly delivered... hell, I think you're one of the very few people that's been in this thread longer than I

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:44   Link #13680
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I stopped watching after the curry episode. It was just too much.

Although I was thrilled about Shuichi Ikeda doing Kuyou's voice in season 1.
Aye, ironically the Curry episode was the worst in the season(s) and it gets better after, I thought the second half of the season was much better than the first half, but loads of people seem to have switched off by then!

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-14 at 13:57.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire