AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 06:48   Link #201
Preacher

Its been long time since i wanted main character to die, since School Days.

Watching the show further or not depends purely on perspective of weather Sebastian and Ciel would eventually make Alouis suffer a terrible death.
Old 2010-07-03, 07:08   Link #202
sergho

This is one of the gheyest animes I've seen.

Lot's of homosexual overtones.

I wonder if the writers are doing this on purpose? To get us to hate the blonde kid? If so, this is a first time I've seen gender preference used to get us to not like a character.

It's a little creepy.
sergho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 07:29   Link #203
Preacher

Umh, its not more homosexual then the first part. Its not the focus of the anime. It`d be like complaining about Utena being yuri - the topics are there, but its not what the anime is about.
Old 2010-07-03, 07:33   Link #204
Haladflire65
*Artist

Seeing some members' dislike of Alois makes me wonder if he's supposed to be the antagonist of the series? Or are we going to have a cliche teaming up between Team Ciel and Team Alois? Heh, I doubt that would happen, now that I think about it, I don't think Alois would ever work with anyone, the psycho little kid he is....

And YES for the character songs. Though it's unusual how they're releasing a whooping 10 singles, and did I not see Ciel on the list? And it means that Lau and Grell are coming back for S2 also?
Old 2010-07-03, 08:52   Link #205
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Btw, is anyone doing gif avatars from 1st ep? I'd like to request one.
Here are some freebies. I went though the entire episode, not sure what else could be turned into a animated avatar.

. . . . . . .
Old 2010-07-03, 10:45   Link #206
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
On top of doing plenty of other things right, this season is also giving us great seiyuu work. Nana's strong point isn't exactly her acting, but she is shining here. And this was Aya abuse by Nana, in the end... some people probably enjoyed that too.
The fact that it was a character voiced by Hirano Aya being abused was enough to be amusing, considering what her latest big role was (Katja). It's even more amusing that Hikasa Youko (Hana) will play a sadist this season. If only they had ended up in the same show...

I'm not really liking Alois so far, I mean, come on, he poked his maid's eye out just for fun... One thing I enjoyed though, is that his relationship with Claude is very different from Ciel and Sebastian's; Alois is openly gay for his butler while Ciel was a gigantic tsundere (which made him all the more adorable). And I have to agree with Viscount Druit: God made a terrible mistake, Alois should have been a girl!

I quite enjoyed Claude (epic table setting was epic), but Sebastian quickly stole the show from him. I just loved how he complained about Claude's mistakes, and later called him a "low-grade copycat". Claude is still very fabulous nonetheless, and I can't wait for the two of them to interact more, especially if they keep criticizing each other's butler skills like in this episode.
Old 2010-07-03, 11:03   Link #207
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Here are some freebies. I went though the entire episode, not sure what else could be turned into a animated avatar.
Can I claim this one plz?
Old 2010-07-03, 11:43   Link #208
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Sure go ahead.
Old 2010-07-03, 12:30   Link #209
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Seeing some members' dislike of Alois makes me wonder if he's supposed to be the antagonist of the series? Or are we going to have a cliche teaming up between Team Ciel and Team Alois? Heh, I doubt that would happen, now that I think about it, I don't think Alois would ever work with anyone, the psycho little kid he is....
Personally I love Alois, I wanted him to be the evil psycho little master Epsc since in all the previews we'd seen he hadnt been. I doubt most Kuro loyalist would ever go against Ciel but in the end if it comes down to both teams, Id love to see how it plays out!! Epsc another Sebby v Claude moment <3 *insert fangirling*
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 12:32   Link #210
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Man when Sebastian asked Hannah about her eye, I was seriously hoping he'd restore her eye!! Gah, frigging Alois pissed me off when he did that...and she really resembles Viletta nu (yummmm ;X).

Epic table setting! And ending got me all excited, i wonder how the next episode will be.

ediit:

And yeah, despite how pissed i am at Alois for doing what he did to poor Hannah, I would like to see him and Claude have a bigger role in the scheme of things...Would like to see their interactions a bit more.

And i'm curious, why was Ciel's ring in Alois' posession?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 12:34   Link #211
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I know why Alois is so aggressive and horrible to Hannah. She is the one thing he wants to be..a woman.
Old 2010-07-03, 12:58   Link #212
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

May I claim this one?

Also, at the beginning of the episode when Alois did that to Hannah I officially started to hate him He's just annoying but who knows, maybe I'll end up liking him.

Epic table setting!!
Halko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 13:06   Link #213
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

And i'm curious, why was Ciel's ring in Alois' posession?
I was thinking the same thing plus Alois makes a comment about finally having Ciel or something like that. This isnt over by any means.

@felix is there any possible way you can slow this down
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-03, 13:20   Link #214
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah the first episode easily set it all up between the two pairs.

You know i'd be pretty amazed if we get an OP change for the second episode, and it's focused on the first season cast.
Old 2010-07-03, 13:29   Link #215
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Alois is a poor man's Ciel. He's nowhere near as refined though. The thing I liked about Ciel was that he didn't really show much outward emotion, but his actions carried him whit some mystery and elegance that Alois, do far at least, lacks. The biggest difference to me is that while Ciel was driven by revenge and plotted things down to the second, Alois seems much more psychotic and whimsical. Also, while we don't know Hanna's back story (she might be the one who was abusing him before Claude came, for all we know), I can safely say that Ciel would never act in that matter. I mean, he's also pretty sadistic, but while Alois manifests this physically (for now), Ciel was much more into the psychological torture. Also, Ciel seems to have an, although small, bond whit his servants, and they in turn would die for Ciel. And in a battle of whits, I'm pretty sure Ciel would win. Hell, he defeated a ghost with him brain.

As far as Claude goes, I like him, but for some reason, I don't see him winning anything if up against Sebastian. While both seem to be perfect, there's something about Sebastian that makes me think he's superior. It's mostly their behavior. Claude acts completely serious and upright, while Sebastian, while doing the same things, would act it a more callous manner, so to say, more confident, and more mocking of anyone who was trying to best him. I'm also very interested to see what he meant by calling Claude a copy-cat.

So far, the new couple hasn't impressed me much, and Alois, TBH, annoys the hell out of me, but it's only been one episode. Who knows, maybe as the story is told, we'll grow to like them more. So far though, Ciel and Sebastian are top dogs.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 13:52   Link #216
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I was thinking the same thing plus Alois makes a comment about finally having Ciel or something like that. This isnt over by any means.
Yeah that was the other bit of it that kinda had me curious...can't wait to see how they explain this.

I seriously hope that preview for episode 2 is another "fake" though...I'm not exactly looking forward to them just going from an epic episode of pwnt to an episode of old chara interactions without furthering the plot...i guess it's hard to judge from the preview alone, but i hope they shed some info on the ring as well as what Alois meant by he finally found Ciel...and what Alois had planned to do with both Ciel and the ring...
Old 2010-07-03, 13:57   Link #217
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know i'd be pretty amazed if we get an OP change for the second episode, and it's focused on the first season cast.
I've been thinking about it too, though I came to the conclusion that it looked too good to be changed just like that. On the other hand, some parts feel slower than others so I'm thinking they might be changed next episode, with added Ciel & Sebastian moments. Can't wait till Thursday to find out, I'd love to be wrong and see a whole new OP with equally pretty moments.
Old 2010-07-03, 13:59   Link #218
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

I seriously hope that preview for episode 2 is another "fake" though...I'm not exactly looking forward to them just going from an epic episode of pwnt to an episode of old chara interactions without furthering the plot...i guess it's hard to judge from the preview alone, but i hope they shed some info on the ring as well as what Alois meant by he finally found Ciel...and what Alois had planned to do with both Ciel and the ring...
Well we do see Ciel waking up in the preview but I dont know if I can handle Elizabeth this early in the series Plus we still dont know if this is gonna be anime only season or not, I mean we now do have manga material to cover but considering alot of the first season was anime original, I can bet this season will be too which I dont mind.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-07-03, 14:11   Link #219
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Well we do see Ciel waking up in the preview but I dont know if I can handle Elizabeth this early in the series Plus we still dont know if this is gonna be anime only season or not, I mean we now do have manga material to cover but considering alot of the first season was anime original, I can bet this season will be too which I dont mind.
Exactly, I don't mind the character interactions they had in the 1st season, but it's not what I want right now.

Kinda just want them to spill the beans and tell me right naowww exactly how much time has passed since the end of season 1...so how is the manga compared to the anime?

edit:
btw very nice sig, i like :]...would be nice if winry's hand was there too ;X
Old 2010-07-03, 14:11   Link #220
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halko View Post

May I claim this one?
Sure, go ahead.
Quote:
@felix is there any possible way you can slow this down
Hm.

. . . . . .

From left to right progressively 0.02 slower.
The first is only a little slower, while the last is 0.2s per frame.

The speed at which they are rendered depends heavily on the capabilities of the browser.
Personally I only proof test them in firefox before saving.

Tags
comedy, shounen