AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-27, 17:24   Link #301
Midonin
Last Engage

That's not really relevant to this thread.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 17:45   Link #302
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, the last DVD of the series was released yesterday in Japan and includes a bonus episode.
I can't wait to watch it. I've been looking forward to it for sometime now, because more of this show is a must.
Old 2010-04-05, 05:42   Link #303
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The OVA is such a beautiful watch. Nice to see the cast a year later after the end of the series, and to see that pretty much everything is still the same, which brings a huge smile to my face. Shame Kanon and Marin couldn't meet, though the bond between the two is as strong as ever.

Good to see Oshima is the same as always.
Old 2010-04-05, 17:29   Link #304
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Ite Kureta Koto~. DVD-episode 13. Believing Hearts

Hello to all the fans who returned to this thread to pay their reviews for the DVD-only 13th episode that got released recently.

It's been about six months since my post for the last TV episode's review, and I'm glad the show came back if only for one more episode.

For my last post, I commented that this DVD-only episode will turn out to be an extra episode for comedic purpose. Truth, it wasn't.

Neither an epilogue or a sequel to the mainstream storyline as well, but a continuation of the story taking place exactly one year later after Marin and Kanon bid each other their good-byes.

And this thirteenth episode did not dissappoint me in the least due to the fact that also contained it's own and self-concluding plot, focusing now on Urin as the lead for a big part of the screening time.

Spoiler:

It's good to see that Kanon suffered no changes in her personality and style, saved that she has outgrown many of her depressing traits, and her evil aura has waned for the most part, although she's still got some evil 'yoki' in her.

Ooshima changed her style and fashion now that she's an undergrad student, but her freaking episodes remained unchanged and funnier as ever.

Now, the people at the sea suffered the least changes, and they have adopted traits from the Sky people, concerning about holding festivals to attract lots of fish customers much Urin's boredom and chagrin.
Spoiler:

The best thing still are both the soundtrack and island settings which were kept both fresh and intact from the TV series.

Spoiler:

Sadly, the rule is still in effect, and both girls won't ever be able to share a second meeting to go on another summer adventure together, but their hearts will always be connected.

I'm very grateful for the ending. Even though it's a definite "THE END", it left the windows open for Marin, Urin, and Kanon to continue on their ways towards new meetings.

Thanks!!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 16:32   Link #305
firehawk12

Yeah, it was a nice bittersweet epilogue to the series. I still wish more came out of it, but I don't regret following it for all this time.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 14:59   Link #306
FireChick

Does anyone know the name/singer of the song that plays at the end of the DVD episode? I saw it and it was soooo cute!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 16:46   Link #307
Midonin
Last Engage

"Houseki", by marble. It was the third song on "violet"'s single. Songs are always listed in the opening/ending credits of a show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy