AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-20, 22:18   Link #121
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Edit: Ignore this post since the page has been edited again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Um can someone go and edit that wikipedia page I just wanted to read what they put for reception in japan and it has spoilers...unmarked spoilers 0_0...someone >.> FIX
They should be removed now unless someone else edits the page again, but I didn't barely add any new text so it's a bit empty at some places.

In case anyone wonders I've also edited some incorrect information (Komari being the main heroine etc) and rearranged the characters to a more appropriate order due to their importance in the story.

Last edited by Orrin; 2007-08-20 at 23:06.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 22:21   Link #122
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

There are still some big spoilers in the character section. I don't know if that's someone else's job, but whoever it is has a selective definition of 'spoilers.'
Old 2007-08-20, 22:27   Link #123
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
There are still some big spoilers in the character section. I don't know if that's someone else's job, but whoever it is has a selective definition of 'spoilers.'
Those are the same spoilers that I removed, so someone else is just editing them back again.
Old 2007-08-20, 23:53   Link #124
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
Those are the same spoilers that I removed, so someone else is just editing them back again.
gah....i hate those people >.> bunch of assholes. Thank you anyway for helping out. I'm glad I didn't read everything.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 01:52   Link #125
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

OMG... I just had a read through to see if I could fix something but it looks like they keep re-editing the spoilers back in. >.<

The whole 'characters' section is spoilers... T_T
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 03:02   Link #126
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looking at the Talk Pages, there's a nice little edit war going on with lot's of drama. The one user Juhachi seems likely to reupload the plot outline soon and report an incident.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 03:13   Link #127
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Has any of the spoiler data been released in the manga adaptation? If it has, then chances are the information this Juhachi guy is editing back in is legitimate. HOWEVER, if they have not been published in the manga, it goes against Wikipedia's Notability guidelines; as there is no justifiable source of the information and has no real world relevance.
Old 2007-08-21, 04:23   Link #128
rg4619

Would a manga adaptation count as a reliable secondary source? Seeing that it's just another fictional presentation (as opposed to a discussion of real-world info), that seems to stretch the definition a bit.

The Little Busters! article is arguably notable thanks to the development and release information (all of which probably originate from published interviews or wherever. That must be cited or else the entire article is bunk). Those sections give the article some real-world relevance.

As a preference, I have no problems with spoilers provided that an article is marked accordingly. After all, there're creative works that some people will never experience, so a short but complete summary might be good for research/historical purposes (after all, this is an encyclopedia of sorts, not a product description catalog). Wikipedia specifically allows spoilers, so I don't think any policy has been broken.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 08:59   Link #129
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Well it looks like the last removal of the spoilers has been reverted again. The weird thing is, I don't see spoiler information like this on the other Key games' pages. Oh well... guess it's up to those Wiki-ers...
Old 2007-08-21, 20:41   Link #130
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Reading The Spoilers I have come to a conclusion:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Idea For Next Key Game By Maeda:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-21 at 21:38.
Old 2007-08-22, 04:59   Link #131
Tensami

[QUOTE=Kaioshin_Sama;1107291]Reading The Spoilers I have come to a conclusion:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Question about the spoiler...:
Tensami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 12:51   Link #132
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

[QUOTE=Tensami;1107978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Reading The Spoilers I have come to a conclusion:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Question about the spoiler...:
Spoiler for Response::
Old 2007-08-23, 05:10   Link #133
Rin Tohsaka

Uhm...i'm here to ask your help...i've played all the girls routes (Komari, Rin (BAD), Mio, Haruka, Yuiko, Kudo), then i re-played Rin's route but (except a few new sentences) it comes out again the BAD END!°.°" Am i doing something wrong?
Rin Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 06:15   Link #134
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Tohsaka View Post
Uhm...i'm here to ask your help...i've played all the girls routes (Komari, Rin (BAD), Mio, Haruka, Yuiko, Kudo), then i re-played Rin's route but (except a few new sentences) it comes out again the BAD END!°.°" Am i doing something wrong?
There should only be two choices in the beginning of Rin's route that determines how it will end, first encourage her to guide the visitors through the school and then make Riki raise his own hand to become the second guide. So it's exactly the same thing as during her bad end, if there's something else messing it up then I don't know what it could be.

It should get different as soon as that part is done.
Old 2007-08-23, 07:52   Link #135
Rin Tohsaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
There should only be two choices in the beginning of Rin's route that determines how it will end, first encourage her to guide the visitors through the school and then make Riki raise his own hand to become the second guide. So it's exactly the same thing as during her bad end, if there's something else messing it up then I don't know what it could be.

It should get different as soon as that part is done.
Unfortunately my japanese is veeeeeery poor so it's almost sure that i messed up!>-<" I followed a japanese tutorial for Rin's route, but i was a little confused in certain points!>.<" Surely i missed something!!! Anyway thanks a lot for your advice!=^-^=
Rin Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 11:15   Link #136
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Those of us who are not able to play the game due to language issues BUT are interested in LB! would rather prefer that those spoiler-ish information to stay there. Just mark it as spoiler (Wiki has this feature I'm sure of it) and move on.

The reception for this game has been pretty underwhelming so far. This does not bode well for Key.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 15:58   Link #137
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Underwhelming as in over at Japan?
Old 2007-08-26, 17:03   Link #138
Bokunenjin

It's not doing all too well on erogamescape and I've read some pretty bad reviews as well.
Bokunenjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 23:19   Link #139
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I'd like to quote an Unregistered user at Visualnews forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
The only ones complaining are

-Hardcore Key fanboys who don't like the whole non-Keyish setting and atmosphere in general

-People who think everyone should have died because it's not Key if nobody dies

-"Special" individuals who can't comprehend the plot ("I don't get it, therefore it sucks").

-2ch antis (anti-whateveritis trolls, we get them for everything)

-Idiots who barely understand Japanese and base all of their comments on reviews by antis

-Dumbasses who don't understand Japanese and are basing all of their comments on the ones by idiots who barely understand Japanese and base all of their comments on reviews by antis
Old 2007-08-26, 23:32   Link #140
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I can totally see the first two happening. The later ones are true for everything so no need to comment on them.

EDIT: Indeed they probably went into Little Busters expecting something a lot like Kanon, Air, or Clannad. My current volume of knowledge suggests Little Busters is very different from the two previous games.

It can be hard for one to get into a game like Little Busters without feeling the immediate urge to compare it to previous Key games. Especially since fans have come to associate Key with the "Cute girls that die in tragic, tear-jerking stories," meme. It can be hard to judge Little Busters independently without that bias.

I think I'm fortunate in that aspect in that I haven't actually played the other Key games, only watched their anime versions, and can more readily approach Little Busters with an independent perspective.

In reality, as a slightly unrelated personal perspective, you can approach any piece of art or entertainment with one of two intentions: to see how good it is, or to see what it's about.

Hardcore Key game fans want to maintain an untarnished impression of the company and would most likely play Little Busters with the intent to see whether it lives up to Key's reputation, and when they find something that deviates from their expectations, they may come to feel betrayed by Key. It's a tiny fault, but betrayal is a strong emotion so it can contaminate the rest of their perception of the game.

Little Busters, as far as I've played it so far, is good for its own reasons.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2007-08-26 at 23:43.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel