AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 95 61.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 20.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 11.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-19, 15:03   Link #161
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

That's true Nanaman, but I don't think it was their intention to over dramatize teen problems and relationships, but rather emulate it. Don't a lot of teens over exaggerate events in their life anyways? (ex. "If I don't get to go to this concert I'll die!") Teen romance is no different. When a teen falls in love with someone else, it's not unusual for them to get the impression that they'll be together forever. It's an unrealistic train of thought that many adolescence have due to their lack of experience from such events. It's only when they get older that they start to learn that things don't always end up the way they want. In fact, it almost never end up the way they want since ideal dreams are different than reality.

So I believe the events that takes place in True tears isn't too far fetched from the way teens react in such situations in real life.
Old 2008-02-19, 16:51   Link #162
Kamesan

I'm more convinced now than ever that Noe is the girl for Shin. He's probably not sure of his feelings right now but I think he'll eventually realize how he feels about Noe. The same way Noe hadn't realized that she liked Shin. He even wrote "I like you Noe" on the ground with rocks.

Aiko stands no chance. Shin won't betray his friend. Even if they broke up, he still wouldn't date her. Plus he knew her first and showed no interest in her. I believe Hiromi really is Shin's sister so that's the end of that. Their relationship from now on is probably gonna be different. I see them treating each other more as siblings and maybe there even being some family healing going on.

The best part of this episode had to be Noe talking about her body being hot. I can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2008-02-19, 16:58   Link #163
monir
cho~ kakkoii

And I'll continue to stand by my belief that Shin will end up with Hiromi.... just because Noe is very perceptive. She has shown that quality time and time again through out the series. She reads people very well in her own eccentric way. Noe will break it off with Shin. One thing that I agree with is that Aiko never stood a chance to be with Shin. Now that she has kissed him, the glimmer of chance has officially faded to nil for Aiko.
Old 2008-02-19, 17:08   Link #164
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And I'll continue to stand by my belief that Shin will end up with Hiromi.... just because Noe is very perceptive. She has shown that quality time and time again through out the series. She reads people very well in her own eccentric way. Noe will break it off with Shin. One thing that I agree with is that Aiko never stood a chance to be with Shin. Now that she has kissed him, the glimmer of chance has officially faded to nil for Aiko.
Its destined for ShinXHiromi to be together but before my thinking was Noe was too "innocent" to be in love but although he s doing it because her brother said so i feel so sorry for Noe because he will dump her eventually which shes never dealt with before and also she will find out its her brother who put him up to it so she will be even more sad about that.
Overall another top episode, great twists with Noe and at the end with Aiko, for some reason she is my favorite female character so i want her to continue to be bold like she showed in that episode.
Spoiler for Is It Boiling Up:
Old 2008-02-19, 18:25   Link #165
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It does feel like they're setting up Noe to heighten the impact when she loses out, just based on where the show is at. Episode 7 is probably the start of several episodes where we get a megadose/overdose of Noe cuteness so that the Noe fans will be screaming for Shin's head later. Which would be exactly the reaction the writers want. Don't forget to save some of that hate for Jun for persistently harassing Shin into going out with Noe even though he knew Shin did'nt want to.

Spoiler for no real spoilers, just speculation based on first 7 episodes:
Old 2008-02-19, 23:36   Link #166
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ok, I finally have got to see the episode and I'm going have to say with confidence that this is the best drama-centric anime these past couple of years.

Edit: I love Aiko, she's my favorite, but I think Noe is going to win out in the end... she appears to be more of the "main heroine" then Hiromi... Hiromi is more of the "obstacle", that the hero has to overcome
Old 2008-02-19, 23:44   Link #167
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show is fast approaching legend status. Noe's blush certainly achieves it - that goes down in the blush hall of fame just behind Petoko's "boiling teapot" in Petopeto-san #3.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-19, 23:48   Link #168
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well honor will dictate that you wouldn't date your sister right? lol, ah-hem... Well we don't know for a fact if its true or not... And Shinichiro is really really trying to convince himself that their not related...

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2008-02-19, 23:49   Link #169
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
just watched ep 7.... Is was very interesting how the story suddenly got twisted so far off the previous 6 episodes' plot. And i still hate shinichiro's mom. And shinichirio too...making that stupid exchange with noe's brother...
Old 2008-02-19, 23:54   Link #170
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcube19622 View Post
just watched ep 7.... Is was very interesting how the story suddenly got twisted so far off the previous 6 episodes' plot. And i still hate shinichiro's mom. And shinichirio too...making that stupid exchange with noe's brother...
it is all for the sake of the one he loves, though he is convinced he did it on his own free will! denial is such a convenient thing.
Old 2008-02-19, 23:57   Link #171
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well honor will dictate that you wouldn't date your sister right? lol, ah-hem... Well we don't know for a fact if its true or not... And Shinichiro is really really trying to convince himself that their not related...

Spoiler for speculation:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-19, 23:59   Link #172
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
I hope it doesn't happen! this shouldn't be that type of show! I will be very depressed if that happened. My hate for Jun will triple if he did that to Hiromi!
Old 2008-02-20, 00:08   Link #173
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-02-20, 00:08   Link #174
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Would it be fair to say Aiko has emerged as the shock fan favorite of this series? Her character topic certainly has the most traffic.
Old 2008-02-20, 00:16   Link #175
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Aiko is super cute, super stylish and has a perky personality, and isn't an airhead, all win! so, I'm not too surprise... and you gotta love the hair style and red eyes.
Old 2008-02-20, 00:29   Link #176
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamesan View Post
I'm more convinced now than ever that Noe is the girl for Shin. He's probably not sure of his feelings right now but I think he'll eventually realize how he feels about Noe. The same way Noe hadn't realized that she liked Shin. He even wrote "I like you Noe" on the ground with rocks.

Aiko stands no chance. Shin won't betray his friend. Even if they broke up, he still wouldn't date her. Plus he knew her first and showed no interest in her. I believe Hiromi really is Shin's sister so that's the end of that. Their relationship from now on is probably gonna be different. I see them treating each other more as siblings and maybe there even being some family healing going on.

The best part of this episode had to be Noe talking about her body being hot. I can't wait for the next episode.
agreed on all points except the best part. that was more explaining how embarrased she feels around shinichiro, so i thought that was more cute than anything.
The best part for me was.....the scene where shinichiro asked noe out.
I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid with Aiko. Shinichiro seems like a real good friend to nobuse, so I doubt he'll betray his friend.

I had a situation slightly similar to the one Shinichiro's in. I had a girl i kinda liked, asked her out, she said yes, next day one of my friends confessed to me, and i went all @_@ trying to figure out what the hell is going on, took a deep breath and thought to myself "who did I like enough to ask out" and that was that. though~ things were weird with my friend for a little while.
similar but different.

man, this show keeps getting better. At first i was skeptical (that was, till i watched the first 2 episodes)

anyways, I'm torn between Aiko and Noe. I like them both, but I think Noe's innocence wins me over, despite Aiko's cuteness.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-20, 00:30   Link #177
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Aiko is super cute, super stylish and has a perky personality, and isn't an airhead, all win! so, I'm not too surprise... and you gotta love the hair style and red eyes.
also, Aiko has the biggest rack in the show
Old 2008-02-20, 00:32   Link #178
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think you guys are wrong on the sister thing. Even if we don't get a Shin/Hiromi ending, the drama is much more intense if they aren't related.

Romance animes are like political campaigns - you don't want to peak too soon. Noe peaked a month before the election.
Old 2008-02-20, 00:33   Link #179
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post

I had a situation slightly similar to the one Shinichiro's in. I had a girl i kinda liked, asked her out, she said yes, next day one of my friends confessed to me, and i went all @_@ trying to figure out what the hell is going on, took a deep breath and thought to myself "who did I like enough to ask out" and that was that. though~ things were weird with my friend for a little while.
similar but different.

anyways, I'm torn between Aiko and Noe. I like them both, but I think Noe's innocence wins me over, despite Aiko's cuteness.
Yes, your situation was similar, and what you did was probably the right choice, your friend probably acted after she found out you asked the other girl, most like Aiko. the big difference with Shin and you is that he was influenced by Jun, there is not doubt in my mind that Shin will never had confessed to Noe if Jun had not had steered him that way.

Of course I doubt Aiko would have done what she did if Shin had not told her that he was going to date Noe!
Old 2008-02-20, 00:40   Link #180
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Yes, your situation was similar, and what you did was probably the right choice, your friend probably acted after she found out you asked the other girl, most like Aiko. the big difference with Shin and you is that he was influenced by Jun, there is not doubt in my mind that Shin will never had confessed to Noe if Jun had not had steered him that way.

Of course I doubt Aiko would have done what she did if Shin had not told her that he was going to date Noe!
actually....i was pressured by one of my friends to ask her out. i guess he knew she liked me or something and annoyed me for a WEEK till i finally did it. I'm still not sure if my other friend (the one that said liked me) knew i had asked her out or not, but i did find it odd that she'd confess the day after like that.....
but geeze...that was what....5 years ago? why can't that happen anymore
what should've been the best 4 years of my life was ruined by a move across the country, then school transfers due to boundary changes
anyways, back on topic.
I'm hoping shinichiro is similar enough to me to do the right thing haha. or at least....i think i'm still the same as him....
oh wow....the situation as far as nobuseXaikoXshinichiro is more similar to my case than i thought.
ok, let's put it this way
me=shin
my friend=nobuse
girl my friend likes=aiko
girl i liked=Noe
I found out nobuse liked aiko, so i FORCED him to ask her out, and i made damn sure that he asked her out, she said yes, jump forwards a few months, i find a girl i like, a different friend (lets say jun in this case) kept nagging me to ask her out for about a week before i finally gave.
I'm not too sure of how things were between nobuse and aiko at the time, but i guess they had just broken up recently or something (semester changed, different lunch schedual) anyways, so i just start going out with noe, and aiko out of no where confessed to me, throwing me into total dissaray, throwing my mind into a total tornadoe of confusion (because aiko was wicked cute) anyways, in the end i had to turn her down, regardless of the situation between nobuse and aiko.

I'm talking too much, this show really gets my brain moving haha.

もいちど。。。
Closed Thread