AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite death
Sarutobi 28 26.42%
Kimimaro 11 10.38%
Chiyo 13 12.26%
Sasori 16 15.09%
Kakuzu 3 2.83%
Hidan 6 5.66%
Asuma 13 12.26%
Deidara 20 18.87%
Itachi 32 30.19%
Orochimaru (?) 5 4.72%
Haku 26 24.53%
Zabuza 27 25.47%
Jiraiya 34 32.08%
others 4 3.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-24, 16:02   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Vote for your favorite on-screen death

Welcome to the thread where you can adorn your favorite death!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    What this means is don't post something like this:

"VOTE FOR Asuma" Or…"Sarutobi >>>>> Deidara" Or… "DO NOT VOTE FOR THAT EMO Itachi!!!!111 "

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like their death without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

P.S. If the wording seems familiar to many of Catgirls' polls (and now monir *cought*), it's merely an anstounding coincidence. Or the indication of my extreme laziness. But yeah we still miss you Catgirls!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:06   Link #2
Last of the Uchihas

Itachi duh!!1:P

I will post my reason why

edit: Itachi has brought back the BAMF that was lost in part one. Characters like Zabuza and Kimimaro comes into mind, but Itachi took it to a whole new level.

Itachi had to pleasure of being someone hat could never be defeated, even while being in a badly injured state. He was defeated due to internal injuries he previously had. Pain won't have that pleasure, not even Madara. Itachi was the only one of the Akatsuki members to have started a fight badly injured (as stated by Zetsu) and he still blew our minds away. People, the fight we just saw, was a Itachi nearly blind/blind and badly injured, and he was able to keep up with Sasuke's attacks, even while holding back his power since he wanted Sasuke's eyes. Not only did he deflected all of Sasuke's kunais nearly blind, he also had the time to create a kabe bushin in the process, and Zetsu still wasn't impressed with Itachi. Also important is how a blind injured Itachi was able to deal with Sasuke's amazing speed head on, something that no one has ever managed to do. Not even mentioning being able to block an unavoidable jutsu in that condition.

The way Itachi went out, put anyone to shame.

Zabuza comes second, Kimi third and Deidara fourth.

Itachi R.I.P.
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:08   Link #3
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

My all-time favorite death was Haku's, but he wasn't on the poll so I voted for "others", followed by Sarutobi, then Sasori.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:09   Link #4
tatami
back in black

deidara...that maniac never accepts defeat....
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:14   Link #5
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
My all-time favorite death was Haku's, but he wasn't on the poll so I voted for "others", followed by Sarutobi, then Sasori.
How could I forget Haku and Zabuza? Don't worry you voted for him
If you think of the death of a character significant enough to be in the poll (I'm not going to put there everybody) post his name here before voting and I will eventually add the names.
Old 2008-03-24, 16:18   Link #6
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
How could I forget Haku and Zabuza? Don't worry you voted for him
If you think of the death of a character significant enough to be in the poll (I'm not going to put there everybody) post his name here before voting and I will eventually add the names.
plus jiraiya...that was the best...yet didnt see him on poll...lacking your homework?
Old 2008-03-24, 16:19   Link #7
james0246

I voted for several, but Sarutobi death has the most value/power (equal if not greater than Haku's). Being able to stand up to someone you acknowledge as being not only like a son but, then to have the courage/foolishness to fight with everything you have even when you know you are going to lose, just to protect those you care about. That is a truly powerful death.

Then again, he was a Kage, so his death could not be as selfish as others were. It is expected of him.

Maybe we should add the 4th/Minato to this discussion. While he does die on screen, it could be argued that his death is still felt by the main characters to this day. So, it is not only a relevent death, but also a specific influencing death (as opposed to the 1st, 2nd, or the original Rinnegan user).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:30   Link #8
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
plus jiraiya...that was the best...yet didnt see him on poll...lacking your homework?
I must be tired or in denial to have forgotten Jiraiya. Poll updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Maybe we should add the 4th/Minato to this discussion. While he does die on screen, it could be argued that his death is still felt by the main characters to this day. So, it is not only a relevent death, but also a specific influencing death (as opposed to the 1st, 2nd, or the original Rinnegan user).
If this was about the most important death or something like that yes but as it is we will keep this to on-screen death
Old 2008-03-24, 16:33   Link #9
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
If this was about the most important death or something like that yes but as it is we will keep this to on-screen death
It is all cool , but could we change the thread title to "Vote for your Favorite On-Screen Death", just so we do not get people choosing Other for the specific purpose of choosing the 4th, 1st, 2nd, etc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 16:59   Link #10
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

I liked Oro's because it happened in a matter of seconds
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 17:07   Link #11
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

nani?? I voted Zabuza/haku for christ sake not because I'm melancolic of old shit but obviously cause its the sadest story ever.. Once in his life time he was infatuated of someone. O______o Poor Zabuza.
Old 2008-03-24, 17:08   Link #12
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Haku and Sarutobi ftw, so sad Also Kimimaro's was pretty gloomy as well.
Old 2008-03-24, 17:20   Link #13
DJ*

Other: Gaara

Of course we knew he was going to be brought back to life and the emotion was diluted, but at the time it was a major moment as whilst the death of a major character was important, it also showed that part 2 'meant business' and Akatsuki was starting its mission.
Old 2008-03-24, 17:32   Link #14
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
deidara...that maniac never accepts defeat....
I voted Deidara. Same reason as tatami-san.
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 21:43   Link #15
SabakunoPara

Itachi, simply because he wasn't beaten, and his opponent was cowering from him. Damn... I should've voted for Kimimaro as well...
SabakunoPara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 05:56   Link #16
poolfan
NOOB

Deidara. He went out with a bang, literally. I loved how he angsted over the fact that the Uchihas can make his 'ART' seem redundant/pointless with a cheap bloodline technique that was never achieved with hard work (which is also how many of us felt...right?). It made him more human.
poolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 06:31   Link #17
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I went with Zabuza cause he was totally GAR in the moment he went after Goto and it's the reason I got into Naruto. Sarutobi was a close second but I didn't realize it was a multiple choice poll.
Old 2008-03-25, 09:08   Link #18
hai_san

Sandaime , Haku &Zabu, and Jiraiya but i didnt vote Jiraiya since it is not 100% comfirmed yet
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 10:13   Link #19
tatami
back in black

i am sorry but he is not coming back...an epic death...
Old 2008-03-25, 10:38   Link #20
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Deidara. Greatest death ever. Couldn't have done it better myself.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote