Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-10, 22:54   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Scars and repeated injuries

I know this probubly sounds like a dumb question, but if luffy has a scar under his eye from stabbing himself after getting the devil's fruit, why don't all the other cuts, slashes, and other battle injuries show up on him? OR anyone else for that matter? The only one with a perminent wound I've seen is Zoro and that's only because Mikhawk cut him like a carp. Anyone care to explain that or can we just write it off to "This is an anime. Stuff like that happens." It just seems really weird to me.
Old 2004-09-10, 22:58   Link #2
HopelessLover

I think the most "memorable" scars are shown because they are part of the story. All the other bruises and such don't mean much so they simply "go away".

I can't think of any reason other than that.
Old 2004-09-11, 00:55   Link #3
dythim
dythim

Really deep cuts will scar. The lighter ones will heal (if you dont pick at them).
Old 2004-09-11, 01:36   Link #4
Jn183

95% of all action type anime/manga would have characters that need a major sugery in order for those characters to look like they were at the begining. Like that guy I'm using as an avatar
Old 2004-09-11, 02:32   Link #5
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I know this probubly sounds like a dumb question, but if luffy has a scar under his eye from stabbing himself after getting the devil's fruit, why don't all the other cuts, slashes, and other battle injuries show up on him? OR anyone else for that matter? The only one with a perminent wound I've seen is Zoro and that's only because Mikhawk cut him like a carp. Anyone care to explain that or can we just write it off to "This is an anime. Stuff like that happens." It just seems really weird to me.
yea thats weird.
in the world of one piece, there is a special medicine that gets rid of scars easily.
maybe luffy wants to keep that scar.... -_-lll
maybe it makes them look "cool"
and btw its before luffy eats the gomu gomu fruit. when he stabbed himself.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:47   Link #6
Love Cook

See, this is the kind of question Oda is asked in the SBS, to which he would reply "it's because of the lighting" or "it depends on the number of Maerchen Scar Scars" or something equally ridiculous/nonsensical.
Old 2004-09-11, 13:11   Link #7
Yoska
フランキー

Luffy stabbed himself before eating the devil's fruit.
Old 2004-09-11, 16:44   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

So if post devils' fruit users get great healing powers, explain ussop.

But yeah, you're right. It is mostly just a cartoon so that kinda stuff is expected. Although I love how he went up against that one lightning elemental user and forced that guy to fight on Luffy's terms since he was impervious to electrical shock.
Old 2004-09-11, 20:35   Link #9
Link

Send a message via AIM to Link
Yeah, Luffy stapped himself before eatin the Gomu Gomu fruit. And besides, that was a "deep" cut. Most other injuries weren't that bad.
Old 2004-09-12, 00:07   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

What about the time he went up against that one gun toating idiot? He got ran through several times. I'd call those deep cuts. Actually, he's been run through a couple of times come to think of it. Yet he's without blemish. Man, what I wouldn't give to have that ability.

Actually, aside from the fact you can't go swimming (not a bit loss for me because I don't swim) I don't think that a devil's fruit power would be all that bad to have. I'd personally take the wind elemental though. That one would rule all.
Old 2004-09-12, 01:01   Link #11
IDentity
Heart of a Lion

Or they just simply tattooed on the scar spot, just like what Nami did right after stabbing her arm.
Old 2004-09-12, 09:09   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ouch, that would be a painful place ot tattoo something. Especially given the number of nerve endings there. 0_0
Old 2004-09-12, 12:25   Link #13
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Well, according to one scene in Alabasta arc, Zoro has a lot of small scars all over his body.

As for the others, let's just take it the Rurouni Kenshin style, "if someone attaches strong feelings to a sword wound, as long as he carries those feelings, the scar will not fade".
Old 2004-09-12, 19:46   Link #14
Evan
天使我爱你

Yup,it's weird,but all this are animation~meant to be this way....

Those scars that needs to be remebered in the story will remain whereas the non important scars will fade away~

why not someone call up on oda and ask him why?~lol
Closed Thread