AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 09:14   Link #281
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
'tis the Shadow Mirror World, son. I even named the Tesla Licht Institute among other things, and you're getting cold feet at EOT and Aliens? I am in the business of the AWESOME grim dark over here. Serious business. Therefore, EOT and Aliens are a perfectly reasonable explanation, at least by genre standards anyhow, why Humanity would all of a sudden experience a huge Tech boom that completely changes the world's order.

We're great at reverse engineering (read: stealing) another civilization's stuff, don't you know? The problem is when those other folks try to shove their patent and copyright infringement laws down our throats with extreme prejudice, saying we're still a bunch of barbarians; that we can't handle the responsibility of having all this power. ...Or there's the kind that just straight up goes, "Oh! Lookie here. It's kinda early, but~ it's gonna be a great harvest again this year, eh?"

Ooo~, DE CULTURE!
Oh its for the Shadow Mirror! Why didn't you say so earlier!

We need to have a means to distinguish between The Canon Universe and Shadow Mirror...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Not a mistake for me... XD
Edward is Alex's room mate in my fan-fic as well... so it goes along nice.
That was exactly how the confusion first arose!

Quote:
When I meant cover, it was more like "Book Cover" or "Promotional poster/Wallpaper". but yeah, I could do that... XD

but when adding the stuff you said, what does it mean exactly? I'm kinda lost...
I thought it was a CD cover so I thot a title was missing.

Book covers are fine.

Quote:
Thinking of it... Nope. :P
But isn't it the power of plot and pilot skillz that allows her to do that?
Yeah... as a protagonist, she enjoys a bit of plot armor. Though I did try to make having a good unit and good potential the main backbone of her character!

If that's a Moderate then its fine.
Old 2011-02-16, 09:21   Link #282
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

*Reads Merlion's various data again*
*Hits himself on the head for nto having read carefully and having looked too much on the fan-service side*

UPPED TO HIGH THREAT. NAO.
Old 2011-02-16, 09:24   Link #283
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Wait, its not updated! It doesn't have ALL THAT THAT'S THERE!

Working on a quick patch then with the 10min I have left... I'll redo the profile proper with the new data I gleaned on the weekend.

But yes, I did rate Merlion Imouto as High Threat because even for 3G units 4 primary weapons is not very common, and she has a talented pilot.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-16 at 09:43.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 10:36   Link #284
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I knew I was going overboard with the IS count, but I figured, someone would point out my mistake and I'd just edit it around. Didn't quite know the difference was so drastic.

Oh and btw Miester; I never said that I didn't want them having too much interaction. What I stated was that I never tried myself to create my own interactions in Alice's history section, because I'm not very good at that kind of thing. Never did I say that I wanted her to be a side character.
Old 2011-02-16, 11:34   Link #285
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Omega Division. Nvm I made a mistake and lumped Ed and Alex together. The Hoyay got to me more than I expected..
Oh I see. How would Omega Division react to Ed anyway ? Not to mention his IS which they have no info on.

Quote:
...apart from completely derailing the canon story? Hmm...
It's just an idea in my head. ^_^ What plans do you have on how the fic goes ?

Quote:
I was refering to Laura being so obsessed about Chifuyu and Ichika to really give a damn to Ed even if he glares at her. Until the story permits meaning she becomes part of the Ichika Faction.
Well Ed won't really put up with her arrogance and pride.

BTW, how do you suppose Ichika would react when he finds out the reason why Ed prefers long sleeved shirts and long pants ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 11:46   Link #286
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Oh I see. How would Omega Division react to Ed anyway ? Not to mention his IS which they have no info on.

BTW, how do you suppose Ichika would react when he finds out the reason why Ed prefers long sleeved shirts and long pants ?
Omega Division will be very interested. I've already put Edward in the "Under Surveillance" List in the OC List as you must have seen.
Alex will most probably seed Edward with captors and want to verify what kind of IS Night Fury really is. Not to mention he'll keep getting more orders as more weird people come in... XD
Of course, that's where the Omega Division girls come in handy I guess.

I guess Night Fury would curbstomp Alex in his trainer IS (match set up by Chifuyu? Training duel between room mates? Dunno, anything's possible)
One thing I was thinking of for plot advancement as well was dumping the Edward vs Alex match in the championship, right after Alex gets the "green light" to use Belial publicly.... We then we have an interesting match. (Also revenge time)

Edward will be a prominent char in my fan-fic as well... I'm definitely planning some ship-tease with Erika and Sarah. Of course, sue to Edward for already having a girl!
Old 2011-02-16, 11:52   Link #287
John117xCortana

How would Chifuyu treat Edward though ? Just like any other student ?
Old 2011-02-16, 11:59   Link #288
Terminator98
*Author

Most probably intrigued about him, as she would be for her first contact with Alex.
Edward appears on top of that with an unconventional IS that's seen for the first time, so it will bring up a lot of questions on Chifuyu's side (and on Omega Division's side. The first arc of my fan-fic deals with Alex's adventures trying to get along IS academy and at the same time, learn a bit more about Edward and eventually befriend him).

Alex also attracts intrigue because... he handles an IS for the first time, especially a TRAINER type, and manages to put up a good fight against a 3rd Gen Byakushiki (well, Ichika still hasn't gained god like mode, but he's a decent pilot, so it still earns Alex Chifuyu's praises).

Otherwise, Chifuyu will keep her usual "hit on the head, 5k brain cells died" and massive tsundereness I guess with the boys.

edit: Plus there's Minori Kuriya who's another bifauxen look-alike without being one... At least he isn't the stoic, so it should liven up the boys' world.

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-16 at 12:16.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 12:11   Link #289
John117xCortana

Well the factory setting of the Night Fury is pretty much on trainer level only with higher performance for speed, reaction times and agility.

Edward is mostly the silent type. But he shows respect to the teachers. He answers their questions but he keeps it short and straight to the point. But he isn't rude.

Any idea how Chifuyu would react when she sees Ed's metal arm ?
Old 2011-02-16, 12:14   Link #290
Terminator98
*Author

She's already seen stuff worse than that... Proesthetics aren't that uncommon anyways I would guess.
She'd most probably take note of it and go on as if it was nothing. This is Chifuyu we're talking about anyways. She and Laura don't feel shock at anything, unless it concerns the almighty Ichika. Same goes for the other Harem girls to a certain extent, with Rin, Cecilia and Houki rarely miding anything that's NOT related to their beloved Ichika.
Charles is the opposite though. She likes everyone to go fine along.

(One of the main driving points for her friendship with Sarah.)

Quote:
Well the factory setting of the Night Fury is pretty much on trainer level only with higher performance for speed, reaction times and agility.
You do realize that this is a personal IS and that high speed, reaction time and agility make this unit already very strong? Alex's trainer IS is that samurai thing Houki uses... Plus Chifuyu got merciful and granted it a Machinegun for its fight against Night Fury, which was still pretty much a curbstomp.
Old 2011-02-16, 12:32   Link #291
John117xCortana

Quote:
She's already seen stuff worse than that... Proesthetics aren't that uncommon anyways I would guess.
She has ? When ?

Quote:
She'd most probably take note of it and go on as if it was nothing. This is Chifuyu we're talking about anyways. She and Laura don't feel shock at anything, unless it concerns the almighty Ichika. Same goes for the other Harem girls to a certain extent, with Rin, Cecilia and Houki rarely miding anything that's NOT related to their beloved Ichika.
Charles is the opposite though. She likes everyone to go fine along.(One of the main driving points for her friendship with Sarah.)
About the championship match how do you suppose a round between Laura and Ed would go ?

Quote:
You do realize that this is a personal IS and that high speed, reaction time and agility make this unit already very strong? Alex's trainer IS is that samurai thing Houki uses... Plus Chifuyu got merciful and granted it a Machinegun for its fight against Night Fury, which was still pretty much a curbstomp.
It's not that high though. Just slightly higher than the trainer. But it's nothing that Alex can't handle. Besides, until the match began no one knew what the Night Fury was capable of.
Old 2011-02-16, 12:42   Link #292
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
She has ? When ?
Being a champion, and seemingly knowing quite a lot of stuff that Ichika doesn't know, I guess that it's safe to assume she's not of the type to be shocked easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana
About the championship match how do you suppose a round between Laura and Ed would go ?
Dunno. It will be a hit on Cannon though, as I have no idea what happened at the championships. Our characters facing off in main battles with OCs would be quite canon breaking, my idea was that they all get eliminated some way or the other... either a draw, a curbstomp from a CC (didn't need to be mentioned in Canonverse then), a forfeit, or some other stuff...

IF this happens though, Laura is basically one of the best pilots in the Harem, coupled with her Super Human side and Lightning Bruiser IS. So Ed would have pretty much a hard time...

You could actually get a battle like that to happen though... except... switch Laura out, and put Ed vs Helena... XD Helena's you're typical Mighty Glacier type, so yeah, Ed would be "WTF DODGE, DODGE!" and Helena "This is getting tiring... could you please stop moving?"

Speaking of which, we've got quite a lot of "Heavy Arms" type ISes... srsly... I think we have 3 or 4 units that are slow but dish painful damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana
It's not that high though. Just slightly higher than the trainer. But it's nothing that Alex can't handle. Besides, until the match began no one knew what the Night Fury was capable of.
I think I forgot to precise something... seeing that Edward is still in default form, 1st form should come in pretty fast (like Ichika. The Night Fury just has to adapt itself for some time).
Btw, I'd consider the Night Fury that you posted as first form... Trainer Form should only be armed like the original Gundam... which is beam rifle + laser + shield and some extra stuff, but not all that whooping arsenal it sports right now.

Definitely, that Night Fury info is for 1st form.

edit: remember, this is my way of interpreting things. Meister's vision will most probably be different, so will be the other authors.
Old 2011-02-16, 12:58   Link #293
John117xCortana

Quote:
Being a champion, and seemingly knowing quite a lot of stuff that Ichika doesn't know, I guess that it's safe to assume she's not of the type to be shocked easily.
I think seeing a person missing an entire arm and a leg and repalced with metal prosthetics would be disturbing.

Quote:
Dunno. It will be a hit on Cannon though, as I have no idea what happened at the championships. Our characters facing off in main battles with OCs would be quite canon breaking, my idea was that they all get eliminated some way or the other... either a draw, a curbstomp from a CC (didn't need to be mentioned in Canonverse then), a forfeit, or some other stuff...

IF this happens though, Laura is basically one of the best pilots in the Harem, coupled with her Super Human side and Lightning Bruiser IS. So Ed would have pretty much a hard time...

You could actually get a battle like that to happen though... except... switch Laura out, and put Ed vs Helena... XD Helena's you're typical Mighty Glacier type, so yeah, Ed would be "WTF DODGE, DODGE!" and Helena "This is getting tiring... could you please stop moving?"
Well the idea I have in mind is where Laura manages to hit Edward at close range using her BFG railgun. Edward wasn't able to dodge in time, the railgun shot shattered the weak shield of the Night Fury and it ripped Ed's right arm off of it's socket and into several bits and pieces, the judges and the audience were shocked and horrified. But they were even more surprised when Ed instead of reeling in shock and pain he just closed in the distance, activated a beam saber with his left hand, slices Laura's railgun in two and then kicks Laura in the face and put some distance between him and Laura while maintaining a fighting stance.

Quote:
Speaking of which, we've got quite a lot of "Heavy Arms" type ISes... srsly... I think we have 3 or 4 units that are slow but dish painful damage.
The Night Fury is a Heavy Arms type ?

Quote:
I think I forgot to precise something... seeing that Edward is still in default form, 1st form should come in pretty fast (like Ichika. The Night Fury just has to adapt itself for some time).
Btw, I'd consider the Night Fury that you posted as first form... Trainer Form should only be armed like the original Gundam... which is beam rifle + laser + shield and some extra stuff, but not all that whooping arsenal it sports right now.

Definitely, that Night Fury info is for 1st form.
Sounds ok.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:26   Link #294
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
The Night Fury is a Heavy Arms type ?
Lol? I see not blatant overly specialized mech on your side... Was mostly point out to Devastator, Bushwacker, Alice's Mech, and some others. WOOT BIG GUNS!

We got some melee addtions with CASIO, two stealth assasins with Sovreign and Belial.

Silver Maiden is kinda a mix between Sniper and heavy Arms, as she does have quite a lot of Dakka, but in a different feeling.

Lumine is a weaker Aka Tsubaki.

And we have a few others...

Quote:
I think seeing a person missing an entire arm and a leg and repalced with metal prosthetics would be disturbing.
You should remember how tough Chifuyu is though... She's already gone through some bad stuff with her parents, having to bring up Ichika, and having a shadowy friend known as Shinomono Tabane....
She'll be perhaps shocked for a second or two, but we all know that she's very good at keeping that usual "stoic" expression.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:34   Link #295
John117xCortana

Where does the Night Fury stand ?

Sounds like Chifuyu.

What do you think of that scene between Laura and Ed ?
Old 2011-02-16, 13:42   Link #296
Terminator98
*Author

In my own personal Fan-Fic, I wouldn't do it because it covers a heated, equal fight between an OC and CC, which would make... some people fuss, including me. The fact that it is in Championship and will interrupt the flow of the original story as well is the thing that won't make me really do it.

What do I mean by interrupting? I myself have made Alex fight Ichika, and on top of that, he'll later save both him and Houki from Unmaned Drones. But these are side events that do not affect the story at all. They might happen, but the story will go on, both cannon and the fan-fic, without modifications.

One potential problem with Laura vs Edward in a CHAMPIONSHIP match is that... well, Laura fights specific people. Among these specific people... Ed are not there. (We could wait for the anime to see if it covers the championship. If it does, then we'll have to wait and see exactly who fights who, and if any battle is not mentioned or detailed, we can then jump on it and insert our OC in there.) So we can either wait for the opportunity to show itself (if it does), or you could instead put this as a grudge battle between the two.

If you want to speak of battle statistics, Laura's IS is pretty much a very well rounded IS, versus the fragile Speedster that Edward is (well, he packs a decent punch as well). It can be a pretty equal fight. It is PLOT that will determine who wins. Not DAT PLOT, but simple PLOT.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:42   Link #297
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Spoiler for IS Public Relations:

2/4 complete
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 13:52   Link #298
John117xCortana

Quote:
In my own personal Fan-Fic, I wouldn't do it because it covers a heated, equal fight between an OC and CC, which would make... some people fuss, including me. The fact that it is in Championship and will interrupt the flow of the original story as well is the thing that won't make me really do it.

What do I mean by interrupting? I myself have made Alex fight Ichika, and on top of that, he'll later save both him and Houki from Unmaned Drones. But these are side events that do not affect the story at all. They might happen, but the story will go on, both cannon and the fan-fic, without modifications.

One potential problem with Laura vs Edward in a CHAMPIONSHIP match is that... well, Laura fights specific people. Among these specific people... Ed are not there. (We could wait for the anime to see if it covers the championship. If it does, then we'll have to wait and see exactly who fights who, and if any battle is not mentioned or detailed, we can then jump on it and insert our OC in there.) So we can either wait for the opportunity to show itself (if it does), or you could instead put this as a grudge battle between the two.

If you want to speak of battle statistics, Laura's IS is pretty much a very well rounded IS, versus the fragile Speedster that Edward is (well, he packs a decent punch as well). It can be a pretty equal fight. It is PLOT that will determine who wins. Not DAT PLOT, but simple PLOT.
Well it's just a discussion. It ain't gonna happen, we're just talking a "what if" for the sake of fun. ^_^

Considering the fact that no one knew that Ed's right arm was a metal prosthetic up until that point would Laura be 'WTF' when Ed's doesn't seem to be affected by the lost of his arm ?
Old 2011-02-16, 14:22   Link #299
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for IS Public Relations:

2/4 complete
Made of complete win.

*Adds to OC list*

Added!

@ John, I guess so. Most people that lose an arm are not supposed to rush at you anyways, and they'd most probably cancel the match btw, once they see the IS's shields are down... Wouldn't see any reason for ultimate defense not activating unless your shields are REALLY down which means Laura's won.
Old 2011-02-16, 14:31   Link #300
John117xCortana

The shield is still up. It's just the section that was suppose to cover the arm is gone. Leaving a gap in the sphere section.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest