AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-04-07, 14:24   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku! - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Generic Discussion Thread

A third season of Hayate no Gotoku! has been confirmed via twitter by its manga creator, Hata Kenjirou. The new anime season will come after the movie, planned later this year.

Source: ANN

Twitter caption:

Feel free to discuss the news, keeping in mind that future manga spoilers are still forbidden here (since this is an anime only thread). Please use the existing Hayate no Gotoku manga (raw discussion only) or the Hayate the Combat Butler manga (Viz Edition only), or also the Hayate no Gotoku - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Combat Butlers only) threads instead.
Old 2011-04-07, 14:31   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so we are finally going to see the end of the world and greek island arc.
Old 2011-04-07, 14:33   Link #3
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

My body is ready for some A-tan.
Old 2011-04-07, 19:06   Link #4
Wigwams

though it doesnt say much... except after this year's movie there is gonna be a season 3, but "after" is a vague term...
Old 2011-04-07, 20:48   Link #5
AP24

Which studio will produce the third season? will it still be JC Staff?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 21:06   Link #6
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Which studio will produce the third season? will it still be JC Staff?
Since a team at Manglobe is already working on the movie, I don't see why they couldn't move onto a TV series right after. It's easier and more efficient to coordinate things that way.

[On another note, the constant change in studio/staff suggests that Shogakukkan isn't so concerned about the handling of the property beyond profit generation. They're just hiring any capable studio that happens to be available during the desired timeframe]
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 21:39   Link #7
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

ALL I want is A-tan animated.

That is IT.

God I am horrendously excited for this now.

SOMEONE JOIN ME IN BEING GIDDY

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 22:46   Link #8
User68604
Disabled By Request

finallly

im on team nagi and team maria
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 13:33   Link #9
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
[On another note, the constant change in studio/staff suggests that Shogakukkan isn't so concerned about the handling of the property beyond profit generation. They're just hiring any capable studio that happens to be available during the desired timeframe]
Much like Ikki Tousen? Or is that a somewhat different case?

Anyway, I can see this to be the case here. SynergySP's attempt at making it into a kid's show, J.C.Staff's trying to appeal more to the late night audience, while profitable, haven't been all that successful to be better than the other. It's clear that the franchise while can generate enough to make a decent amount, isn't that much of a hit to warranty much care to the story (considering that the continuity between the two series s flimsy as it is) and that their trying to milk it as fast as they can (J.C.Staff is already in charge of many successful that I'm certain would take more priority for the studio to get out first)

I'm too sure what this might mean for the anime, if t would simply be a service to the anime watchers, or if there's going to be some serious effort put here. Ultimately, Hayate owns a bit of power as cross-media franchise, so maybe all what it needs to do is simply sell well everywhere ...

My expectation/speculation for this season:

-It wont be a faithful adaption. Or at least, it wont adapt the material from the manga as is. I expect they will take the more famous portion parts of the manga, or the most anticipated arc, and make a series around it.

-The designs of the characters will be ''updated'' to reflect on the manga's current art style for better or for worse

-There will be less focus on forth wall comedy, and might even downplay the comedy in most cases

-Nakagawa Koutarou is still going to be the composer lol :P

So you know lots of things to be worried abou-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
SOMEONE JOIN ME IN BEING GIDDY

Ah why the hell not, HELL YEAH HAYATE S BACK! GREECE HERE I COME!
Old 2011-04-08, 14:42   Link #10
madmac

After thinking about it I agree it's pretty much going to be the Greece Arc along with a bit of fluff. They'll have to cut a ton of stand alone and fluff chapters out, but unless they have 52 episodes (they won't) they can either adapt the Greece Arc or a whole stack of pretty funny chapters that don't go anywhere and that's not a hard choice to make.

I'm just curious to see who's going to be doing the third season. I'm assuming Mangrove just because it sounds like they want to tie it in with the movie and it would be weird to have two different animation styles in the same year. With Mangrove doing it then they can throw in an advertisement for season three in the movie credits and be like "See more awesome Hayate animation from these guys!"

Quote:
Anyway, I can see this to be the case here. SynergySP's attempt at making it into a kid's show, J.C.Staff's trying to appeal more to the late night audience, while profitable, haven't been all that successful to be better than the other. It's clear that the franchise while can generate enough to make a decent amount, isn't that much of a hit to warranty much care to the story (considering that the continuity between the two series s flimsy as it is) and that their trying to milk it as fast as they can (J.C.Staff is already in charge of many successful that I'm certain would take more priority for the studio to get out first)
It's hard to figure out the logic behind the studio changes because when a license is taken away the usual assumption is that it didn't meet expectations but at the same time both seasons did well enough to greenlight a sequel, so... (and precious few series get three seasons and a movie, lets be honest.)

There was also a considerable delay between season announcements this time. Maybe J.C. Staff just had too much stuff on their plate and Kodansha took the license to a new studio to get it out faster.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 19:23   Link #11
GlassesLady
dat apple

There's a thread about this already? Wow.
Anyway, as much as I'd like to see the Greece arc I kinda hope some of the the less important chapters can get animated too. The series really thrives on those, I think, more than plot. Season 2 kinda fell flat for me. :/ (They skipped my Risa chapter and my persimmons chapter dammit)

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 22:15   Link #12
madmac

Quote:
Anyway, as much as I'd like to see the Greece arc I kinda hope some of the the less important chapters can get animated too. The series really thrives on those, I think, more than plot. Season 2 kinda fell flat for me. :/ (They skipped my Risa chapter and my persimmons chapter dammit)
I'm still sad they cut those chapters.

I just know they're going to skip some of my favorites chapters in the whole series this time around, but from what I can see, they can't not do Golden Week, because there isn't enough material from where Season 2 ended to make anything but a 13 episode season before reaching the start of the Greece arc. And the Greece Arc is huge, so if they're going to do it, it's going to take up most of the season by itself. There's really no way around it except to do a 52 episode season, and that's pretty near impossible.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 01:30   Link #13
Taufiq91

I just finished Season 2 yesterday.

Wow, this is the greatest new ever!

Can't wait!
Old 2011-04-09, 12:41   Link #14
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I'm still sad they cut those chapters.

I just know they're going to skip some of my favorites chapters in the whole series this time around, but from what I can see, they can't not do Golden Week, because there isn't enough material from where Season 2 ended to make anything but a 13 episode season before reaching the start of the Greece arc. And the Greece Arc is huge, so if they're going to do it, it's going to take up most of the season by itself. There's really no way around it except to do a 52 episode season, and that's pretty near impossible.
They should do a 39 episode season. Pretty much no one ever does those.

... Not gonna happen, huh?

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:41   Link #15
mitsuganae

I can't wait for the third season to . . . conclude, if only because all the stimulation to little miss tennos will decrease.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:45   Link #16
Westlo
Lets be reality

I welcome our A-Tan overlords.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 23:37   Link #17
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I can't wait for the 3rd season~ Hehe. Thanks to this announcement, I finally caught up to the manga.

A-tan~ x3

I'm on Team Nagi and Team A-tan~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 09:37   Link #18
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

That is all.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 00:01   Link #19
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post

That is all.
unless season 3 stops short of this, then we were just the victim of a massive trolling of epic proportions

what? it's not like it hasn't happened before
Old 2011-06-11, 18:49   Link #20
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
unless season 3 stops short of this, then we were just the victim of a massive trolling of epic proportions

what? it's not like it hasn't happened before
While, admittedly, that would be interesting to watch as loyal fans vented their rage out on forums, myself being one of them I might add, there simply isn't any way that S3 won't have Athena when S2 ended with this tantalizing image.

Spoiler:

But if by some infinitely small, 1/1,000,000 chance it did happen, there will be consequences to pay. ><
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote