AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 16:41   Link #4021
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I never said he was gay, nor do I think that any of the pilots ever were. I just said that a relationship with Hilde never showed itself with either the series and now with the events in FT.
remember that he naver cared for anyone in the series, he can be the most funny guy ever, but he always wanted to everyone that he loved stay away from him bcuz of what happened to him, Hilde was the exepction, she started to hang out with him, he even tried to be a dick but she was always there to take care of him and he started to like her too, Heero was his Counter, They became friends fast, If Duo was The Spock, Heero was The Kirk.

and about his Drunken Tony Stark condition on FT, i think that he lost his faith on himself after Hilde's death and only junior his holding him.

ex: he's didn't get the nanites to stop the rapid aging process thanks to his injuries after the bike accident, his wife died trying to find a cure for him and left him alone with his only son, his best friend was in Stasis,and the other pilots cound't do nothing to help him, things like that makes someone loose faith in himself after everything that happened, and only junior is there helping him, imagine a guy like him suffering from a severe case depression, but he's using all of his strenght to hide that, even from his Son and his Best Friend, if something worse happen for both two, i belive(i don't know) that most most foward he'll freak out and do the thing by himself(A freak out at the same level or worse than quatre when he build zero after his father's death).
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 19:20   Link #4022
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Duo is supposed to be American so he plays the stereotype of an on-again-off-again relationship guy perfectly :P
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
remember that he naver cared for anyone in the series, he can be the most funny guy ever, but he always wanted to everyone that he loved stay away from him bcuz of what happened to him, Hilde was the exepction, she started to hang out with him, he even tried to be a dick but she was always there to take care of him and he started to like her too, Heero was his Counter, They became friends fast, If Duo was The Spock, Heero was The Kirk.

and about his Drunken Tony Stark condition on FT, i think that he lost his faith on himself after Hilde's death and only junior his holding him.

ex: he's didn't get the nanites to stop the rapid aging process thanks to his injuries after the bike accident, his wife died trying to find a cure for him and left him alone with his only son, his best friend was in Stasis,and the other pilots cound't do nothing to help him, things like that makes someone loose faith in himself after everything that happened, and only junior is there helping him, imagine a guy like him suffering from a severe case depression, but he's using all of his strenght to hide that, even from his Son and his Best Friend, if something worse happen for both two, i belive(i don't know) that most most foward he'll freak out and do the thing by himself(A freak out at the same level or worse than quatre when he build zero after his father's death).
I don't think we'll ever come to an agreement here, because like Ikuze said, everyone has their own way of looking at it. No, I personally don't think that he liked her as anything more then just a friend. And as a friend, of course he was concerned for her when she did something so "reckless and stupid", in his opinion.

Duo cared about a lot of people (he and Quatre were the only ones who seemed to want to get to know the rest of the anti-social group of pilots). He cared about the kids he ran with before getting to the orphanage. He cared about Heero, busting him out of an Alliance hospital, giving his gundam back, and offer help to fix it up. He could have just left him in the hands of the Alliance and gone with his original plan of using Wing as spare parts. He cared about Quatre, going out of his way to go visit him and telling him about where to find Trowa because he knew that Quatre was feeling guilty about what happened. Heck, he even cared about WuFei (and no one seems to care much about him)! I'm not quite sure where this notion that he wanted and actively kept people away came from when his personality is the exact opposite.

And last I recall, Duo said that Jr. isn't his son, even if Jr. is a xerox copy of him (and then the timeline makes it impossible for either Hilde or Duo to be Jr.'s parents... unless Duo was spreading his seed like Hilde said).

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-03-25 at 02:46.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 11:03   Link #4023
ZERO_system

In there any chance of a Frozen Teardrop translation since zeonic-republic has dropped the translation project even though I do not like where the story is headed I grew up watching Gundam Wing and have always wanted another series with the original Wing cast and more of Wing Zero and Heero it seems like the Wing Series has the potential to be as popular as the UC but the writer are just taking the in a strange direction
ZERO_system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 01:30   Link #4024
sky black swordman

Can some tell me what is happening in the like how did this happened ? What I mean is what is FT about and where are we at now?

And what do the new gundams look like ? I like the all the gundams but i like heero's gundam's more like wing zero.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:39   Link #4025
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
In all honesty, you can get away with just reading the spoilers I translate each month... there's really nothing new aside from that. All of the important points are summarized from each chapter.

As for what the Gundams look like... we don't know. 17 chapters in and no appearance as of yet. I doubt we'll get them any time soon. I'm still trying to figure out why we have all of this useless background information being shoved down our throats anyways :/
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 07:55   Link #4026
rereremo

Isn't there a Japanese site rewriting it not scanning? I can try my chances with translation programs or even google translation!!!

Or at least (or if my request is against the forum roles) can someone enumerate the chapters of FT out up till now?

Last edited by rereremo; 2012-03-23 at 08:10.
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 08:51   Link #4027
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
I'm not quite sure where this notion that he wanted and actively kept people away came from when his personality is the exact opposite.
THIS. Thank you! This angsting is so overplayed by the fandom. While it's true that he doesn't want to get anyone into trouble (since he is a Gundam pilot, not death incarnate), it's not like he goes out of his way to be as unsocial and callous as he can be. That's Heero. Duo is the exact opposite. *points at his interaction with Relena, Heero, Quatre, Wu Fei and Hilde*

I also don't get where the notion came from that Heero and Duo are best buds (probably the yaoi fandom >_>). Sure, they're friends but best friends? Those two don't even understand each other half the time whereas Heero and Trowa don't even need words to know what the other is thinking. Likewise, we see Duo and Quatre hang out together way more than any of the other pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Can some tell me what is happening in the like how did this happened ? What I mean is what is FT about and where are we at now?

And what do the new gundams look like ? I like the all the gundams but i like heero's gundam's more like wing zero.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry. It's been nearly two years and we still don't know what the stupid suits look like. Or the pilots. -__-

As for a summary, Deacon's timeline should do. part 1 part 2

Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out why we have all of this useless background information being shoved down our throats anyways :/
Once you find an answer let me know, please. I'm drawing a blank here, too.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 09:35   Link #4028
wingzerosnuggles

Kouryakukan:

■新機動戦記ガンダムWフローズンティアドロップ
P309-

今月も機体公開なし。
今月号の表紙は仮面をつけたドレス姿のサブリナと
ゼクスの仮面をかぶったカテリナ。
タイトルは「寂寥の狂詩曲・Ⅰ」
レディ・アン役の紗ゆりさんへの追悼があります。

「シス・マーキス」という名前でゼクスと同じ仮面をつけ
軍服を着てワイバーンを駆るカテリナ。
※後の「ゼクス・マーキス」はカテリナのこれが元になっている。

国のため自らエリック・シャーゴールドに求婚するサブリナ。
挿絵は後のサンクキングダム王マルティクスとシス・マーキスがP315。
初代ヒイロ・ユイとトレーズそっくりなサンカント・クシュリナーダが
P323に掲載されている。

来月号のガンダムエースにはガンダムUC白黒ギラギラ
クリアファイルセットが付録につく。
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 10:24   Link #4029
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Kouryakukan:

■新機動戦記ガンダムWフローズンティアドロップ
P309-

今月も機体公開なし。
今月号の表紙は仮面をつけたドレス姿のサブリナと
ゼクスの仮面をかぶったカテリナ。
タイトルは「寂寥の狂詩曲・Ⅰ」
レディ・アン役の紗ゆりさんへの追悼があります。

「シス・マーキス」という名前でゼクスと同じ仮面をつけ
軍服を着てワイバーンを駆るカテリナ。
※後の「ゼクス・マーキス」はカテリナのこれが元になっている。

国のため自らエリック・シャーゴールドに求婚するサブリナ。
挿絵は後のサンクキングダム王マルティクスとシス・マーキスがP315。
初代ヒイロ・ユイとトレーズそっくりなサンカント・クシュリナーダが
P323に掲載されている。

来月号のガンダムエースにはガンダムUC白黒ギラギラ
クリアファイルセットが付録につく。
Google translate is idiot, but I'm a genius, so got that Katrina was wearing Zeches mask, & there is some talk about lady Une past, but the last few lines talking about marriage of Sabrina to Eric for Sanc: is this true? I thought the ruler of Sanc before Relena was her father not her mother ?
Besides, didn't get the relation between Hero (& don't know which Hero is that) & Kushrenada.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:20   Link #4030
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Spoiler for family portrait?:

Add a couple of years to Duo and Hilde and you can pass this off as a family outing.

EDIT: As for the family business, Quatrine is treated as the heir now (hence the middle name which apparently only heirs have).
OH, GOOD GOD! That would definitely be a Hilde/Duo family outing right there!!! You are really paying close attention to the series!

Really? Only the Winner heirs have a middle name? I never heard of the at before... heck, I can't remember if Quatre's father had a middle name in the series. See, if Sumizawa would have told us that Katrine Oud was created so she could be the next heir to the Winner linage, because Quatre never married and fathered any kids, I think I would be more accepting about her existence. I still don't think that Quatre would clone himself just for this, but it would make much more sense then if he created her just to be spare parts!

Quote:
I also don't get where the notion came from that Heero and Duo are best buds (probably the yaoi fandom >_>). Sure, they're friends, but best friends? Those two don't even understand each other half the time whereas Heero and Trowa don't even need words to know what the other is thinking. Likewise, we see Duo and Quatre hang out together way more than any of the other pilots.
I'm sure it was the yaoi fandom, because after all, look at them! They look so cute together!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
Google translate is idiot, but I'm a genius, so got that Katrina was wearing Zeches mask, & there is some talk about lady Une past, but the last few lines talking about marriage of Sabrina to Eric for Sanc: is this true? I thought the ruler of Sanc before Relena was her father not her mother ?
Besides, didn't get the relation between Hero (& don't know which Hero is that) & Kushrenada.
LOL! If you stick the summery one sentence at a time and just do some logical deducing, you get a pretty good idea of what it's saying.

-The title is "Rhapsody of Loneliness"
-Both Kathrina and Sabrina are on the cover (I think both have masks), and Kathrina is wearing Zechs' mask.
-There is a mention/memorial to Lady Une's voice actress Yuri who passed away not too long ago.
-Kathrina is wearing her Wyvrne piloting suit and sporting a mask (which is called or has the word "Zechs" on it?)
-The mask that Zechs wears later on is a copy (based off) of Kathrina's

-Eric proposes to Sabrina (thinking that this will help save Sanc?)
-There's a picture on P.315 that has an illustration of the Sanc Kingdom (and something to do with a king... can't figure this out too well)
-Heero Yuy (polotician?) and Trize look like/resemble Cinquante Khrushrenada. (I've no clue what's happening here) (or it could just mean that Trieze looks like both his grandfathers, Heero Yuy and Cinquante Khrushrenada).

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-03-24, 16:02   Link #4031
rereremo

Quote:
LOL! If you stick the summery one sentence at a time and just do some logical deducing, you get a pretty good idea of what it's saying.

-The title is "Rhapsody of Loneliness"
-Both Kathrina and Sabrina are on the cover (I think both have masks), and Kathrina is wearing Zechs' mask.
-There is a mention/memorial to Lady Une's voice actress Yuri who passed away not too long ago.
-Kathrina is wearing her Wyvrne piloting suit and sporting a mask (which is called or has the word "Zechs" on it?)
-The mask that Zechs wears later on is a copy (based off) of Kathrina's

-Eric proposes to Sabrina (thinking that this will help save Sanc?)
-There's a picture on P.315 that has an illustration of the Sanc Kingdom (and something to do with a king... can't figure this out too well)
-Heero Yuy (polotician?) and Trize look like/resemble Cinquante Khrushrenada. (I've no clue what's happening here) (or it could just mean that Trieze looks like both his grandfathers, Heero Yuy and Cinquante Khrushrenada).
Yeah, that's better than my Google translate-edited translation! I thought that if I have the Jap text I would be able to get what is going on better!
I'm curious, is it that you use a better way of translation? a specific program or site?
Old 2012-03-25, 02:23   Link #4032
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
Yeah, that's better than my Google translate-edited translation! I thought that if I have the Jap text I would be able to get what is going on better!
I'm curious, is it that you use a better way of translation? a specific program or site?
No... just broke it down one word at a time in Google Translate. It also helps to know your Katakana and Hiragana as well as some Japanese sentence structure.

But that last sentence is really throwing me off... The way it's structured makes me think that it's saying that Cinquante looks like the original Heero Yuy and Traize... but that doesn't make any sense, hence my assumption that it saids that Traize looks like both Heero and Cinquante (Again, this doesn't make sense because we were already told that Traize looks like his father, Ein Yuy).

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-03-25 at 03:05.
Old 2012-03-25, 03:21   Link #4033
SABER60069

I don't know who is who

But here is what I think it says

Kathrina is wearing the same mask as Zechs and is using the same last name as Zechs also it says that's where Zechs got his last name

It's Sabrina who proposes to Eric thinking it will help her Kingdom

Cinquante looks like both the first Heero Yuy and Treize not the other way around(no idea how that works)
SABER60069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 09:11   Link #4034
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

- No suits to be shown this month also
- The title pic is Sabrina in a dress wearing a mask and Katerina wearing Zechs' mask
- A tribute to the actress who played Lady Une

- Katerina pilots the Wyvern dressed in military attire wearing the same mask as Zechs with the name "Cis Merquise" (Sis?)
- Zechs Merquise is later based on Katerine's

- Sabrina proposes to Eric personally for the country
- Pg.315 is a picture of the Sanc Kingdom's ruler Multics and Cis Merquise
- Pg.323 is a picture of the original Heero Yuy with Cinquante Khushrenana who resembles Treize

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:22   Link #4035
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Actually, try the French six (which is pronounced "sis") for シス. It's too much of a nod to be anything else.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 17:29   Link #4036
susyia

HEY in blind target i found this video containing dialogues of characters that doesn't have in the manga it would be nice if someone could translate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_zBE...eature=related
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 00:01   Link #4037
Eeni

Quote:
- No suits to be shown this month also
- The title pic is Sabrina in a dress wearing a mask and Katerina wearing Zechs' mask
- A tribute to the actress who played Lady Une

- Katerina pilots the Wyvern dressed in military attire wearing the same mask as Zechs with the name "Cis Merquise" (Sis?)
- Zechs Merquise is later based on Katerine's

- Sabrina proposes to Eric personally for the country
- Pg.315 is a picture of the Sanc Kingdom's ruler Multics and Cis Merquise
- Pg.323 is a picture of the original Heero Yuy with Cinquante Khushrenana who resembles Treize
LOL!I'll leave the translating to the experts from now on! ^_________^

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
HEY in blind target i found this video containing dialogues of characters that doesn't have in the manga it would be nice if someone could translate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_zBE...eature=related
that's pretty cool! I rather they animate it then just have audio ^_^

Old 2012-03-26, 06:39   Link #4038
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Actually, try the French six (which is pronounced "sis") for シス. It's too much of a nod to be anything else.
True, but it would still be wrote as "six". There are a couple of ways to look at this:

Cis is another name for C#. From a Latin perspective it also means "on the same side".

Old 2012-03-26, 13:11   Link #4039
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
I also don't get where the notion came from that Heero and Duo are best buds (probably the yaoi fandom >_>). Sure, they're friends but best friends? Those two don't even understand each other half the time whereas Heero and Trowa don't even need words to know what the other is thinking. Likewise, we see Duo and Quatre hang out together way more than any of the other pilots.
Whether they were best of buds is an debate for another time, but I'd actually say Heero and Duo hung out together more than they did with other pilots. From the series, to the supporting mangas that are considered canon, and EW, they were often around one another.
Old 2012-03-26, 14:47   Link #4040
Tendou Souji

It seems like they are acknowledging that people want to see the new suits. I expect them within the next 2 months.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing