AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 13:38   Link #7541
lightsabermario

I'm trying to find out where the Umineko save files are located in my computer. I want to know because I want to make a backup of those spots where I save the game. I am a egregious over-saver, and 40 saves isn't enough for me. I would like to be able to make a backup folder so that I can continue saving, and still keep the old saves so I can revisit particularly good spots from time to time. I checked in the Program Files folder for Umineko, but I didn't see it there. Does anybody know where they are held or hidden?

I own the game, and I'm using the English patch.
lightsabermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 13:56   Link #7542
lightsabermario

nevermind, I found it
lightsabermario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 13:59   Link #7543
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsabermario View Post
I'm trying to find out where the Umineko save files are located in my computer. I want to know because I want to make a backup of those spots where I save the game. I am a egregious over-saver, and 40 saves isn't enough for me. I would like to be able to make a backup folder so that I can continue saving, and still keep the old saves so I can revisit particularly good spots from time to time. I checked in the Program Files folder for Umineko, but I didn't see it there. Does anybody know where they are held or hidden?

I own the game, and I'm using the English patch.
C:\ProgramData\Onscripter-en\Umineko8final\

Also, are you aware that if you start an Episode again after reading it through that there's a chapter select option?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 09:43   Link #7544
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I unfortunately have no news to give you regarding "our confession" as Chrono is even more busy than before (he does work on it, but the exact progress is unavailable as of now).

Now, some good news, albeit a "bit" unrelated:
As I twitted recently, Ryukishi07 will be the guest of Honor for Epitanime, a french convention that will be hold this year, on 25-26-27th may, in Paris. Information can be found on this site, although the translation is still in progress.

I will also attend the con and help out the staff, so might be a good opportunity to have a little chat with other EU fans.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:56   Link #7545
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I'd love to attend, but it's just not going to happen, unfortunately.

Anyway, good luck with translating Our Confession.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:57   Link #7546
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I'm so totally gearing up for this. Time to save every single cent I can.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 12:09   Link #7547
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Do you already know what day will Ryu07 be at epitanime? (i'm asking 'cause the ticket plane is ultra cheap atm, so i want to book asap)

also, if you're into staff could we run an ougon musou kyoku tournament? that would be awesome

Last edited by Ouverture; 2012-03-16 at 17:09.
Ouverture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 17:24   Link #7548
nyoronyolo
Would-be Anthropologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
Do you already know what day will Ryu07 be at epitanime? (i'm asking 'cause the ticket plane is ultra cheap atm, so i want to book asap)

also, if you're into staff could we run an ougon musou kyoku tournament? that would be awesome
He should be attending all 3 days. (actually 2 nights and 2 days)

From what I heard from one of the staff (reliable source), First autograph/signing session will be on Friday evening. A bit surprising for me, last time with Noizi it was on Saturday evening ~8pm and Sunday morning ~8am.
Panels should be on Saturday and Sunday around 2pm or somewhere around that timeslot (they're trying to live stream for Japanese too IIRC).

As for Ougon tourney, I know there are talks about that and that may be possible but I can't give any guarantee.

I hope that was helpful, I will try to get more accurate details but I think that their planning is still subject to some minor changes.
Old 2012-03-16, 17:55   Link #7549
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Thanks a lot! It would be awesome to have the complete program as soon as possibile
Old 2012-03-25, 20:16   Link #7550
NasakenaiMono

Thank you so much for your great work Witch-Hunt .

Greetings fellow anime, manga and game fans . I am NasakenaiMono. I am doing a research on Umineko no Naku Koro ni for a class in the University and I was wondering whether someone here who has played the games or seen the anime, would be willing to take a questionnaire I made for this particular class.

Since this course is part of my study of Japanese in University, the questionnaire is in Japanese. Although it is in Japanese everyone is allowed to take part. You can use a dictionary if you would like to.

Those who are interested in taking part in this research are more than welcome to do so. It would be a great honour if someone took part in this. I would like to thank you in advance and thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for reading this topic whether they take part or not. Thank you very much.

Here is the link to the questionnaire: http://www.efeel.to/survey/umineko/

NasakenaiMono
NasakenaiMono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 01:56   Link #7551
RivalNightmare

WIll you translate Tsubasa and Hane too? I've been considering to get those, but might be hard to understand them without the English translations.

Just wondering.^^
RivalNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 03:05   Link #7552
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

@NasakenaiMono: Interesting. I tried answering as best as I could GL on your research!
@RivalNightmare: I'm currently translating Hane for Ars Magica (Italian translation group). If Witch-Hunt is too busy, I could make the English patch too, but I can't promise any specific release timeframe yet.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 16:27   Link #7553
RivalNightmare

Ahh... Alright.

Just thought it would be nice to have English translations for Tsubasa and Hane, since I have them but I don't understand them. :P
RivalNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 12:40   Link #7554
nyoronyolo
Would-be Anthropologist

Ouverture > sorry for the delay but I got details about the program for Ryukishi07.
Saturday 2pm -> 3:30pm: public conference (Amphi 4)
Saturday 9pm -> 10pm: signing session
Sunday 11am -> 12pm: signing session
Sunday 2pm -> 3:30pm: public conference (Amphi 4)

There's a sign session programmed on Friday 9pm -> 10pm but since we may be late returning to the con. because of dinner, it may get cancelled.
Old 2012-05-04, 17:14   Link #7555
moichispa
Endless witch

May I ask if there is any news about the stream thing so that people would be able to see the conference?
Old 2012-05-04, 17:26   Link #7556
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyoronyolo View Post
Ouverture > sorry for the delay but I got details about the program for Ryukishi07.
Saturday 2pm -> 3:30pm: public conference (Amphi 4)
Saturday 9pm -> 10pm: signing session
Sunday 11am -> 12pm: signing session
Sunday 2pm -> 3:30pm: public conference (Amphi 4)

There's a sign session programmed on Friday 9pm -> 10pm but since we may be late returning to the con. because of dinner, it may get cancelled.
Thanks a lot!
News for OMK tournament?
I ask 'cause I would bring an arcade stick to play that
Old 2012-05-04, 17:43   Link #7557
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Sorry for replying to an old post, but I just had to ask about Klashikari and Chrono's meeting with R07 as it's hovered in the back of my mind since I read that awesome report:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Following the topic, we also explained how Higurashi was a foothold and cornerstone for 07th Expansion popularity in the english speaking community, which again surprised him, although the whole team couldn't help but let out a guffaw when we explained that the main appeal of the anime were..."killer lolis / violence / blood".
I just have to ask, did you tell him at all about the way fans like KJ1980 and the others helped increase interest and understanding of Higurashi while it was broadcast with the translation of the relevant TIPS and omitted portions along the way?

Knowing how KJ1980 used to feel about the "killer lolis" meme, I can almost hear him facepalming or head-desking from here...

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 23:45   Link #7558
nyoronyolo
Would-be Anthropologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
Thanks a lot!
News for OMK tournament?
I ask 'cause I would bring an arcade stick to play that
Last year they had some technical fails and couldn't host one but if nothing goes wrong this year, there *should* -and I hope that there will- be one (especially with Ryukishi07 being present ).
Old 2012-05-05, 04:54   Link #7559
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
I just have to ask, did you tell him at all about the way fans like KJ1980 and the others helped increase interest and understanding of Higurashi while it was broadcast with the translation of the relevant TIPS and omitted portions along the way?

Knowing how KJ1980 used to feel about the "killer lolis" meme, I can almost hear him facepalming or head-desking from here...
I totally forgot about that kind of mention. To be honest, there were so many things I wanted to talk and ask, that my mind literally went blank at some point (that and the happy chat we had also), so frankly, I guess I might just take note of questions people will submit to me so I can directly ask them to him during the french con.
Old 2012-05-05, 19:31   Link #7560
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Ask if he's ever read "Driver's Seat" (from QBI) or "No Parking" (from QED), both by Ellery Queen, both of which feature, as the critical clue, a person getting wet in the rain.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation