AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 23:57   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Madoka Magica ~The different story~ manga discussion

ANN has reported that a new manga will debut at the same time the Madoka movies arrive. So, here's a thread to speculate/discuss about it.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 03:29   Link #2
Jimmy C

Bringing over what I guessed in the Manga thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
At this point, I suspect it's the manga adaption of the movies. Which feels multiply redundant because the movies are an adaption of the series, which also has a manga adaption already.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 04:07   Link #3
Sol Falling

I dunno about it being a straight up re-adaptation of the original storyline. I do think though that it should almost definitely have a connection to the upcoming third movie. Maybe an adaptation of that, or a lead-up to it.

Will be interesting to see where it goes anyway.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:44   Link #4
Witched

What does it even mean by 'noisy citrine', anyways?
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:53   Link #5
maximilianjenus
[E]

Sources and translations were all over the place, from a new manga of oriko to another remake of the series.

from what I have gathered, there will be an oriko extra chapter soon and that will be it for oriko, there will also be a brand new madoka manga with name yet to be disclosed.

A manga with the post madoka world would be cool, but since this manga will start along with the first movies that seems unlikely, unless either they decide to not give a damn about spoiling an upcoming movie or the movie gets released soon enough that spoiling the first 5 minutes works like a promo.

another probabilty as said by jimmy is that it will be simply a remake of the movies; I don't see it as too redundant since we already got a manga that was a remake of the anime and it managed to bring something new to the table.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:56   Link #6
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
from what I have gathered, there will be an oriko extra chapter soon and that will be it for oriko, there will also be a brand new madoka manga with name yet to be disclosed.
That's what I was able to gather from everything as well.

Quote:
another probabilty as said by jimmy is that it will be simply a remake of the movies; I don't see it as too redundant since we already got a manga that was a remake of the anime and it managed to bring something new to the table.
But the movies (1 and 2) are recaps of the anime. And we have a manga of the anime. So if we have a manga of the recap of the anime, then in theory the manga would be like a recap of the manga that's already out there. So yeah, unless they completely change perspectives (maybe from Homura's PoV instead of Madoka's?), I would hope it isn't basically the same thing. It's even the same artist, isn't it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 10:41   Link #7
maximilianjenus
[E]

I consider that the worse case scenario.
Old 2012-06-08, 15:17   Link #8
VampirePaladin

If it were to be a recap, I think it would be kind of neat if it was how the events of the anime play out in the the post finale timeline up till Sayaka's death. It would then be both new material and old material while also being a lead in to the third movie by showing what this Mami and Kyouko are like.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 07:23   Link #9
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
unless either they decide to not give a damn about spoiling an upcoming movie
is it possible to spoiler a movie recapping the series that the Internet has been buzzing about for a year now? And the people who have yet to see MadoMagi will also likely start with the series. Or did someone get acquainted with Gurren-Lagann via the movies first?

Quote:
I think it would be kind of neat if it was how the events of the anime play out in the the post finale timeline up till Sayaka's death. It would then be both new material and old material while also being a lead in to the third movie by showing what this Mami and Kyouko are like.
That would be precious.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:38   Link #10
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
is it possible to spoiler a movie recapping the series that the Internet has been buzzing about for a year now? And the people who have yet to see MadoMagi will also likely start with the series. Or did someone get acquainted with Gurren-Lagann via the movies first?
read my post carefully, it's referring to the events on the third movie, the one that is going to have all new material.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:07   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I wonder what the third movie will be like in terms of a continuation. I mean, Madoka's a goddess, and their demons now instead of witches. I wonder Homura will be the protagonist or they'll be another whole new character. I wonder what Urobouchi-sensei has planned.
Old 2012-06-11, 22:29   Link #12
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
If it were to be a recap, I think it would be kind of neat if it was how the events of the anime play out in the the post finale timeline up till Sayaka's death. It would then be both new material and old material while also being a lead in to the third movie by showing what this Mami and Kyouko are like.
That would be cool, and so I hope that you're right.

But if the manga is an adaptation of the recap movies, then I have to agree with Jimmy C and his "multiply redundant" comment. If that's what the manga is, then wow, talk about milking something for all its worth.

I suppose from a capitalist perspective I would kind of have to admire just how much they'd be getting out of (basically) the original story of the franchise. Unless the recap movies have a lot of new content, anyway
Old 2012-08-09, 14:54   Link #13
redgrnbluylw

New 3-volume manga featuring Mami and Kyouko as protagonists:
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:14   Link #14
KoiYuki

It could be a manga version of the PSP games, showing the other girls turning into witches, etc.. just a really extended version of episode 10, I guess.

From those pictures, I'm excited for whatever it is anyway. Looks like Madoka is normal on the second cover, yet Sayaka's a magical girl... and on the third one, they're all magical girls.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 09:50   Link #15
maximilianjenus
[E]

more importantly for me is if it will be a post madoka or premadoa world. personally I am hoping for post.
Old 2012-08-10, 10:47   Link #16
KoiYuki

That seems like it would make the third movie pointless, since it's obviously not about new girls.. Unless it's about everything up to Sayaka's death. I also don't know why schoolgirl Madoka or magical girl Madoka would be on the covers, especially the former.

Either way, we'll probably at least see the past between Kyouko and Mami or something.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 10:51   Link #17
Diveman

this is great news, I hope this is whole new story, post-madoka would be awesome, though this will probably be an alternate pre-madoka world.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:00   Link #18
Cloudy

I'm thinking that Post-Madokami world would be a more interesting setting since it isn't fully shown.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:12   Link #19
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

I think the mangas will serve both to cover some old timelines as well as setting some stingers for the third movie.

Previous world timelines are an endless bucket of inspiration, we can have the likes of Candeloro, Ophelia and even some new witches showing up for our delight.

As for the new world, we need to find out what went wrong.

The third movie will probably be a depressive piece of angst that reminds us the futility of happiness versus profit, however, for that to happen there must be a clue of what kind of crisis can overtake Madoka's new universe.
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 18:54   Link #20
GDB

Wouldn't surprise me if that Kyoko/Mami manga is based on the one Drama CD.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote