AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 17
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 17 14.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 34 29.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 37 32.46%
7 out of 10 : Good... 17 14.91%
6 out of 10 : Average... 5 4.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.75%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-28, 04:47   Link #121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Yes, the game company faced so many lawsuits. They were out of business, and Kabaya was killed by his own game.. Asuna's father see the profit and underestimate the risk. He acquire the company's asset. So, Asuna's "finance" was assigned to the new team. Someone's younger sister tries out the game. Perhaps she tries to understand someone whose in coma.
He didn't underestimate the risk of VR. He underestimated how much of a psychopath Sugou is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 04:54   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witheirate View Post
OK, I wish I could be that doll )
Ahahaha. I guess I can join this bandwagon.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 04:59   Link #123
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Anyway, although some people have glanced the subject, I'm just going to blatantly point it out:

Kayaba hid himself amongst the players and set it up so that he would be the final boss who would face the heroes.

This new guy put himself in the place of the most important NPC who rules everything and whom the 'lesser players' have to look up to.

I find that it's an interesting contrast.
Yup, that contrast is a good way of summing up the difference between these two personalities. Sugou is really easy to understand because he's all about power and control. Kayaba almost had a twisted sense of justice about him. In a sense you could say they're both two very different visions of what "god" could be like.

Quote:
For one moment I though that (1) one ALO day is faster than a day or (2) ALO has different time zone with the place where Kirito lives.
This is quite possible -- I've seen games that have done this, because otherwise players wouldn't necessarily get the chance to see the world at all different times of the day. So it's quite probable that the game operates on its own time and clock, or may just have some sort of day-night cycle that's completely unrelated to real life. (Or I suppose it's also possible that different parts of the game world could be in different "time zones" too.)
Old 2012-10-28, 05:06   Link #124
arkxkra
全力全開

so Suguha fall in love once again, later when found out the truth sure heart broken, too hard for me to watch

oh yea, want to kill that Sugou badly, hope to see the moment early.
Old 2012-10-28, 06:03   Link #125
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
[*]If I were Kirito, I will try to find Kayaba, dead or alive, steal his NerveGear, and create new character in ALO using Heathcliff as username. If I were lucky, maybe I could get an GM access in the game.
Good, good where do we start??????

Anyway.. Asuna will always be in Kirito's head.... then the bastard then Kayaba.... the girls..... later..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 06:29   Link #126
Bombo
TSF Fans

Kirito need to fix his landing asap
And as from expect from Nomi's Father ((nomi from AW)) ...The father like the son ...I hope someone kick him asap .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 06:30   Link #127
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, Lyfa (zomg Suguha!) says that no race can fly for an extended period of time or at certain altitudes, but then...who took the picture of Asuna's cage that Agil showed to Kirito? Curious...

Sugou is hideous...but he is also Oberon. Maybe he did all this so as to find Kirito in-game and mentally wreck him once he reaches the top of the world tree, in addition to making Asuna his loyal "wife"?

I wonder if Lyfa is going to tell Kirito who she is or that she knows him...though usually this is saved for dramatic disclosure moments.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 06:42   Link #128
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hmm, Lyfa (zomg Suguha!) says that no race can fly for an extended period of time or at certain altitudes, but then...who took the picture of Asuna's cage that Agil showed to Kirito? Curious... .
The answer is in episode 16. Did you skip the first half of that episode?

Last edited by TimeSkip; 2012-10-28 at 07:00.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 06:53   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I wonder if Lyfa is going to tell Kirito who she is or that she knows him...though usually this is saved for dramatic disclosure moments.
She doesn't have any idea who he is, though (hence the "Kirito-kun's a weird guy" comment on her bed). She may figure it out at some point, but at this time she'd dismiss anything as an odd coincidence because she doesn't know that Kazuto is playing any games, let alone ALO, and both appearance and voice have no necessary correlation.
Old 2012-10-28, 07:06   Link #130
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Hmm, Lyfa (zomg Suguha!) says that no race can fly for an extended period of time or at certain altitudes, but then...who took the picture of Asuna's cage that Agil showed to Kirito? Curious...
Spoiler for Answer based on episode 16:
Old 2012-10-28, 07:16   Link #131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Right, forgot about that...
Quote:
She doesn't have any idea who he is, though (hence the "Kirito-kun's a weird guy" comment on her bed). She may figure it out at some point, but at this time she'd dismiss anything as an odd coincidence because she doesn't know that Kazuto is playing any games, let alone ALO, and both appearance and voice have no necessary correlation.
Iunno, it seemed to me that she knew, based on how she looked at him when he said he wanted to go there...and she knows of Asuna's case, so with Kirito's comment, maybe she figured the latter is trapped in ALO somewhere.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 07:17   Link #132
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Iunno, it seemed to me that she knew, based on how she looked at him when he said he wanted to go there...and she knows of Asuna's case, so with Kirito's comment, maybe she figured the latter is trapped in ALO somewhere.
That's quite a leap.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 07:20   Link #133
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Right, forgot about that...

Not really sure... She might have just felt a little jealous of the "girlfriend" Kirito is trying to save... She is obvious fallen for him at once.. You could see her actions on her bed.. she's definitely in love...
Old 2012-10-28, 07:29   Link #134
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Not really sure... She might have just felt a little jealous of the "girlfriend" Kirito is trying to save... She is obvious fallen for him at once.. You could see her actions on her bed.. she's definitely in love...
Kirito only told Lyfa that he was looking for 'someone' not that it was his girlfriend.

Lyfa did get a hint earlier though with Yui claiming only Mom may hug Papa. But I don't think she took the little pixie seriously.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 07:36   Link #135
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Kirito only told Lyfa that he was looking for 'someone' not that it was his girlfriend.

Lyfa did get a hint earlier though with Yui claiming only Mom may hug Papa. But I don't think she took the little pixie seriously.
My mistake I kinda rumbled my mind... it was boyfriend... you know, Lyfa's friend.. Kirito thought they were lovers...
Old 2012-10-28, 07:38   Link #136
n120cky

Hmm Lyfa doesn't know who is Kirito is bit bothering me. here is my point:

1. Kirito is the one who duel Heatcliff and then freed other players from SAO.
2. He should be famous in real life, being a hero that save thousand of life, even Asuna's father and Sugou know him. Suguha should hear the news about Kirito.
3. Then she meet a character in ALO whose name Kirito, she should at least have a hint about who is Kirito.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 07:43   Link #137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post

2. He should be famous in real life, being a hero that save thousand of life, even Asuna's father and Sugou know him. Suguha should hear the news about Kirito.
3. Then she meet a character in ALO whose name Kirito, she should at least have a hint about who is Kirito.
I can't remember if it was mentioned in the last two episodes, but they don't reveal the real names of the players to the public.

Nobody outside of the few SAO players know who he is and his exploits were never publicized.

So 'Kirito' is not the great hero in the eyes of the people that you think he is.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 07:45   Link #138
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:

That's one of the many obvious secrets that kept the story going...
Old 2012-10-28, 07:45   Link #139
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

2. He should be famous in real life, being a hero that save thousand of life, even Asuna's father and Sugou know him.
As in, the guys who own and operate the SAO server. Of course they have access to information that isn't released to the public. They said as much. So, no, Suguha's never heard of "Kirito" before.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 08:18   Link #140
Witheirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Good, good where do we start??????
OK, Kayaba was on hiding this whole two years and nobody (even the government) was able to locate him. So it's impossible to follow default route.

But, If you were Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of the death game SAO that was trapped ten thousand people in that game. Declared that will release all of them once the game is cleared. Found out that there are 300 people still trapped although the game is already cleared. What will you do?

Find who do this. That's what I'll do. But It'll difficult to work alone, given that my status as the most wanted person in this country. So, I'll call someone that I can trust, someone that close to me, if any. So, the best bet for Kirito for finding Kayaba Akihiko is find someone that close to him. Or, maybe Kayaba will call Kirito himself since he know that Asuna is listed in the still-trapped-in-SAO list. They will work together to help the still-trapped-in-SAO peoples.

But, *ugh* that will happen if Kayaba isn't the person that behind Sugou's plan (is he?). Judging from this episode and the last arc of SAO alone, I though that Kayaba is not into this.

Or.... is Kayaba dead already? is Kayaba care all of this? Hell, we don't know. Hope he will come soon, as protagoinst, not the villain/Sugou supporter.

Meanwhile, Kirito must have try all possible routes to free Asuna. I noted it here:
  1. Go to the top of the World Tree in ALO.
  2. Find Kayaba Akihiko in his hiding (or find someone that close to him).
  3. Investigate RECTO/RCT, company that took over Argus after it went bankrupt, that coincidentally (or not) also the creator of ALfheim Online.

OK, sorry for blabbering... As I concluded from the previous and this episodes, he maybe will just take option 1 above. We know that Kirito is hero outside, but a gamer inside. Let the other two options handled by the goverment.