AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-05-08, 06:02   Link #3041
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Let the Alice Race begin. My money's on Shopping Buggy.

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 06:23   Link #3042
Lost

LOL!! Very nice pic. LOVE HinaIchigo's shopping buggy.. And Megu was just LOL (is it me or is she carrying her IV line?? ). Is there a reason why Bara is No. 00? But I'm rooting for Kira's Rocket. That is, if she can hold on and not be broken to bits by G-forces.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-08 at 07:28.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 06:41   Link #3043
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm going to go with Sou. She could just blast them all with her missiles.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 07:13   Link #3044
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo

Yeah go Kira's rocket. Although she'll have a tough time in turning sharp turns.

Also, I root for the Bara Bara machine.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 07:24   Link #3045
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Yeah go Kira's rocket. Although she'll have a tough time in turning sharp turns.

Also, I root for the Bara Bara machine.
Something tells me that Ride Ripper is gonna be the winnar!
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 07:52   Link #3046
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
It would be tough to teach Suiseiseki Calculus. I think the Suiseiseki and Souseiseki will ace in biology.
I'd love to have Suiseiseki and Souseiseki study Biology with me if they're willing to investigate its molecular and chemical aspects. If there's one field of Biology I dislike, it's botany.

If I become a doctor, I'd be overjoyed to have Suiseiseki and Souseiseki as nurses, heheheh. If I go into research, then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_titious
Since they have incredibly long life-spans, they could contribute to long term R&D projects - if they are willing cooperate that is.
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
LOL!! Yep, I'm from Singapore. HK is one of my future travel destinations (when I get enough money), I mean, land of Chéng Lóng and Jet Li!!!
Tsk tsk, not everyone in HK is Chen Long or Li Lianjie . And what's more, we're quite a boring city. Most of HK is ugly public housing estates that are ten times worse than the worst of your HDB blocks. Go to Beijing or Hokkaido instead! Can't beat the former for culture, the latter for scenery, and either for wintry weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
My money's on MEGU!! My ten cents, that is (there's no smaller amount in HK dollars).

Probably the bookies won't even take a bet on that outcome, though. Poor Suigintou, almost like Lee Hsien Loong's "suicide squad" opponents in the S'pore general election.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 10:18   Link #3047
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou
I'd love to have Suiseiseki and Souseiseki study Biology with me if they're willing to investigate its molecular and chemical aspects. If there's one field of Biology I dislike, it's botany.

If I become a doctor, I'd be overjoyed to have Suiseiseki and Souseiseki as nurses, heheheh. If I go into research, then....
As nurses? Oh no, your clinic's mortality rate will shoot up But yeah, I love Bio too and would be wonderful expounding the beauties of life and cells to them.. But would they be interested? They are after all made entirely of lifeless clay..

Quote:
Tsk tsk, not everyone in HK is Chen Long or Li Lianjie . And what's more, we're quite a boring city. Most of HK is ugly public housing estates that are ten times worse than the worst of your HDB blocks. Go to Beijing or Hokkaido instead! Can't beat the former for culture, the latter for scenery, and either for wintry weather.
Actually those housing estates are what I want to see. No better way to experience a country and its people/culture by observing the way they live day to day. I also read about this notorious housing estate in HK that was like a city itself (apparently it was controlled by a Mob(?), it had connecting bridges between blocks, the ground floor didnt get much sunlight, if I remember correctly; but it has been destined for demolition alr) that really really fascinated me. After all, the people make the country.

Quote:
Probably the bookies won't even take a bet on that outcome, though. Poor Suigintou, almost like Lee Hsien Loong's "suicide squad" opponents in the S'pore general election.
You know, now that you mentioned it.. there is some resemblance
Old 2006-05-08, 10:42   Link #3048
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@Flo love the anti-desu pic, and the rozen racers. my money is on the water-klart just check out the size of the turbo intake on it!
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 19:50   Link #3049
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

I've been watching certain memorable episodes a second time. There's a lot of detail I previously missed! Amongst the more shocking revelations:

Suiseiseki doesn't call Jun "chibi-ningen" anymore by the end of Träumend!! I can't believe I didn't notice this previously. It's very cute when she says "Jun" though ^^

Also, does Suigintou do her "evil laugh" in the second season? I don't think so, or have I missed it?
Old 2006-05-08, 20:08   Link #3050
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I've been watching certain memorable episodes a second time. There's a lot of detail I previously missed! Amongst the more shocking revelations:

Suiseiseki doesn't call Jun "chibi-ningen" anymore by the end of Träumend!! I can't believe I didn't notice this previously. It's very cute when she says "Jun" though ^^

Also, does Suigintou do her "evil laugh" in the second season? I don't think so, or have I missed it?
Oh yeah, except not in front of Megu.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 20:23   Link #3051
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

I hate to say it, but I think Ride Ripper will win. I mean, Souseiseki's flying. And really, of all the vehicles Suigintou can use, she has to use Megu. She won't win like that.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 02:31   Link #3052
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:

Thats the thing I like about Sui, and to be honest I wouldn't mind some RM OVA fillers in the mold of Fumoffu which is all about Sui trying (badly) to win Jun's affections over Shinku. Shinku will of course calmly deal with Sui's shenanigans untill Tomoe join's the fray. Jun will of course be oblivious to everyone's attention apart from when they flash him some dolly undies.

@mince - Sou's racer maybe better on paper, but any wacky rozen racer that takes to the air has to watch out for the pigeon (crow) attack never mind Sui Dastardly and her sidekick Muttley Ichigo...
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 03:03   Link #3053
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
Thats the thing I like about Sui, and to be honest I wouldn't mind some RM OVA fillers in the mold of Fumoffu which is all about Sui trying (badly) to win Jun's affections over Shinku. Shinku will of course calmly deal with Sui's shenanigans untill Tomoe join's the fray. Jun will of course be oblivious to everyone's attention apart from when they flash him some dolly undies.

@mince - Sou's racer maybe better on paper, but any wacky rozen racer that takes to the air has to watch out for the pigeon (crow) attack never mind Sui Dastardly and her sidekick Muttley Ichigo...
I thought we hear that happening already in the Traumend drama CD. But yeah, Tomoe is the Maidens' greatest threat in terms of getting Jun's affection. A human will always be attracted to another human unless he lives in a world where there are no other humans and only dolls (I am beginning to suspect Rozen's mental health).

And the Souseiseki's racer.......yeah, crows! The greatest enemy to the dolls since cats! But Megu isn't much reliable either. She has congenital heart disease, dammit. Who knows when she will suddenly collapse in the middle of the race. Suigintou is better off flying.

And I'm surprised Hinaichigo did not choose to ride a cat. I mean, she has tamed the cat!
Old 2006-05-09, 07:33   Link #3054
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
And I'm surprised Hinaichigo did not choose to ride a cat. I mean, she has tamed the cat!
Well, she had to choose between a cat and a strawberry daifuku themed cart, and she went with the obvious choice.

Just because I'm bored, lets do an analysis of the strenghts of the Alice Race candidates!

Bara Bara Machine: If you can't go up, go DOWN! After all, Bara demonstrated in Traumend that she has no problems with stooping to fell tatics to win the Game. This wonderfully purple contraption can tunnel right beneath the feet of Barasishou's opponents, and perhaps even demonstrate superlative capabilities underwater. It can even seat two!
Secret Bonus: Laplace's Demon gives Bara the ability to call up a portal right under any opponent's cart of her choice, thus sending them to.. erm.. Oblivion.

Megu: Straight out of ICU, and with Congenital Heart Disease, this underrated piece of Junk has an advantage in that it has nothing to lose, no, not even her life. With Slavedriver Gin right behind her, this is one "cart" not to underestimate.
Secret Bonus: See that IV Line she's holding? It contains ADRENALINE. Yep, ADRENALINE, aka NITRO. +10 speed and reflexes over 20 seconds.

"The Wise": Kanaria's flagship of wisdom. Truly wise in design; by being in the position we find Kana in most of the time in Traumend, she discovered that the increased aerodynamicity it afforded reduced drag by 30%!! That innocent looking upturned roving umbrella is actually a GPRS dish that downloads a realtime map of the battletrack!! Yes, we kid you not folks!!
Secret Bonus: Kanaria's confidence in her truly sublime cart is supreme!! Who needs a secret-backup-when-your-original-plan-fails device??

Water-Klart: A tribute to Gardens all over the world!! Our dear SuiseiSeki arms herself with this veritable Halftrack of the Gardens, knocking down any hedges or gates in her way with her doubled reinforced battering ram. Mysteriously, it doubles as a turbo intake to cool those monstrous threads (and that hot temper). This cart will take her over the hedge!!
Secret Bonus: A testament to her supreme cunning and blatant deceit, Water-Klart spouts a heatseeking spray of magic-growth solution that Klarts an opponent's cart in an instantaneous beanstalk outgrowth! ~works only on soil desu~!

Ride Ripper: ex-Owner of the skies, SouseiSeki is back, determined to take back her skies after being owned in midair by Gin. Having added an HyperionXI Carbine Jet to the tail end of her garden shears, this heavy weight vanship-like air thingy is the speediest of the lot, capable of breaking the SOUnd Barrier.
Secret Bonus: Y-Wings. Yes, Sou can open her shears, resulting in aerofoils that rip the ride, adding 20% boost to speed!!

Rose Tail: Distinguished Grace. Unfallable Dignity. Superlative Honour. Such is the respect Shinku's Mobile deserves, for it was built by no less than Otousan, Rozen. Rozen Mobile, while dainty in all respects (this writer doubts Rozen's sexual orientation), should not be taken lightly, for under that hood it boasts a growling 60cc Rolls Royce Engine that drinks fuel like Shinku guzzles tea. Rightfully, it is christened Rose Tail, for a detachable boot panel releases a spray of Rose petals that blinds all opponents hoping to overtake her.
Secret Bonus: For some inexplicable reason, Rose Tail has a +8 bonus against Shins. Yes, Shins.

Shopping Buggy: Pink Cuteness! Our strawberry maiden pilots this light and agile buggy-cum-top-loader, still full with Nori's groceries, under whose nose this cart was driven away. Hina is serious about this, with her red mascot tied in front of her cart, and steered expertly with propulsion from a fire-extinguisher, this cart will own in navigating the close corners and sharp turns of the SuperMart's aisles.
Secret Bonus: Everything has a reason: Top-loader basket tips to spill obstacles and slippery milk and sticky strawberry sauce that cripples any opponent's carts too close to Hina!

LE-7A: Kira will soon go where no Rozen Maiden has gone before, strapped, unwillingly, to her fate. Tho primarily intended for blazing across dried lake beds, that bummer of a combustion cone will surely launch Kira into Low Earth Orbit, in which she can spend 5 hours 26 minutes 14 seconds contemplating her evilness and cursing a certain Bunny before Low Atmospheric Re-entry.
Secret Bonus: Kirakishou has calculated that her trajectory will land her RIGHT on the finishing line.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-09 at 08:12.
Old 2006-05-09, 07:53   Link #3055
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

10! 10! 10!

lol ... THAT WAS FUN wheee ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 08:02   Link #3056
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Lol! A work of genius! I am waiting for your next posts.

Anyway,

Rozen Online

and

Shinku and Suigintou, when they are not trying to 'junk' each other.
Old 2006-05-09, 09:21   Link #3057
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

@Lost: That was the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!

Ah, those clever Singaporeans. I've only known three Singaporeans in my whole life (two offline, one online): The first was a Chemistry expert, the second was an International Biology Olympiad medallist (now at Harvard), and the third is a genius of strategy (and humour!).

Back on topic, my thought of the second:

You know what these Rozen Maiden will be good for? Taking care of Jun and Tomoe in their old age. It'll amount to a lot of money saved, and a lot less work for the chibi-ningen of the future. One point to consider - Shinku and Suiseiseki might not be happy about their consciousness ending with Jun's life. If they're clever, they should coerce his offspring into sealing the contract (And from then on, the "medium-ship" will be a hereditary thing for the Sakurada clan, hehehe. The arrangement carries very obvious mutual benefits.)
Old 2006-05-09, 09:46   Link #3058
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Well, she had to choose between a cat and a strawberry daifuku themed cart, and she went with the obvious choice.

Just because I'm bored, lets do an analysis of the strenghts of the Alice Race candidates!

Bara Bara Machine: If you can't go up, go DOWN! After all, Bara demonstrated in Traumend that she has no problems with stooping to fell tatics to win the Game. This wonderfully purple contraption can tunnel right beneath the feet of Barasishou's opponents, and perhaps even demonstrate superlative capabilities underwater. It can even seat two!
Secret Bonus: Laplace's Demon gives Bara the ability to call up a portal right under any opponent's cart of her choice, thus sending them to.. erm.. Oblivion.

Megu: Straight out of ICU, and with Congenital Heart Disease, this underrated piece of Junk has an advantage in that it has nothing to lose, no, not even her life. With Slavedriver Gin right behind her, this is one "cart" not to underestimate.
Secret Bonus: See that IV Line she's holding? It contains ADRENALINE. Yep, ADRENALINE, aka NITRO. +10 speed and reflexes over 20 seconds.

"The Wise": Kanaria's flagship of wisdom. Truly wise in design; by being in the position we find Kana in most of the time in Traumend, she discovered that the increased aerodynamicity it afforded reduced drag by 30%!! That innocent looking upturned roving umbrella is actually a GPRS dish that downloads a realtime map of the battletrack!! Yes, we kid you not folks!!
Secret Bonus: Kanaria's confidence in her truly sublime cart is supreme!! Who needs a secret-backup-when-your-original-plan-fails device??

Water-Klart: A tribute to Gardens all over the world!! Our dear SuiseiSeki arms herself with this veritable Halftrack of the Gardens, knocking down any hedges or gates in her way with her doubled reinforced battering ram. Mysteriously, it doubles as a turbo intake to cool those monstrous threads (and that hot temper). This cart will take her over the hedge!!
Secret Bonus: A testament to her supreme cunning and blatant deceit, Water-Klart spouts a heatseeking spray of magic-growth solution that Klarts an opponent's cart in an instantaneous beanstalk outgrowth! ~works only on soil desu~!

Ride Ripper: ex-Owner of the skies, SouseiSeki is back, determined to take back her skies after being owned in midair by Gin. Having added an HyperionXI Carbine Jet to the tail end of her garden shears, this heavy weight vanship-like air thingy is the speediest of the lot, capable of breaking the SOUnd Barrier.
Secret Bonus: Y-Wings. Yes, Sou can open her shears, resulting in aerofoils that rip the ride, adding 20% boost to speed!!

Rose Tail: Distinguished Grace. Unfallable Dignity. Superlative Honour. Such is the respect Shinku's Mobile deserves, for it was built by no less than Otousan, Rozen. Rozen Mobile, while dainty in all respects (this writer doubts Rozen's sexual orientation), should not be taken lightly, for under that hood it boasts a growling 60cc Rolls Royce Engine that drinks fuel like Shinku guzzles tea. Rightfully, it is christened Rose Tail, for a detachable boot panel releases a spray of Rose petals that blinds all opponents hoping to overtake her.
Secret Bonus: For some inexplicable reason, Rose Tail has a +8 bonus against Shins. Yes, Shins.

Shopping Buggy: Pink Cuteness! Our strawberry maiden pilots this light and agile buggy-cum-top-loader, still full with Nori's groceries, under whose nose this cart was driven away. Hina is serious about this, with her red mascot tied in front of her cart, and steered expertly with propulsion from a fire-extinguisher, this cart will own in navigating the close corners and sharp turns of the SuperMart's aisles.
Secret Bonus: Everything has a reason: Top-loader basket tips to spill obstacles and slippery milk and sticky strawberry sauce that cripples any opponent's carts too close to Hina!

LE-7A: Kira will soon go where no Rozen Maiden has gone before, strapped, unwillingly, to her fate. Tho primarily intended for blazing across dried lake beds, that bummer of a combustion cone will surely launch Kira into Low Earth Orbit, in which she can spend 5 hours 26 minutes 14 seconds contemplating her evilness and cursing a certain Bunny before Low Atmospheric Re-entry.
Secret Bonus: Kirakishou has calculated that her trajectory will land her RIGHT on the finishing line.
You earn a cookie (hopefully it's green not grey :heh)

Last edited by Flo; 2006-05-09 at 09:59.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 10:05   Link #3059
Lost

Heh its green alrite.. Thanks for the yummy! And Thank you for the compliments everyone!! It was fun doing it out, glad u guys had fun too.

Quote:
Taking care of Jun and Tomoe in their old age.

If they're clever, they should coerce his offspring into sealing the contract (And from then on, the "medium-ship" will be a hereditary thing for the Sakurada clan, hehehe. The arrangement carries very obvious mutual benefits.)
LOL! Remember the Drama CD where the dolls tried to take care of Jun who was ill

Anyhow, I went "ooooooo" went I read that "hereditary" idea: I like that concept very much.. the Dolls become Living Heirlooms of the Sakurada family Maybe even develop into mythic guardian angels far into the future generations
Old 2006-05-09, 10:09   Link #3060
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Quote:
@Lost: That was the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!

Ah, those clever Singaporeans. I've only known three Singaporeans in my whole life (two offline, one online): The first was a Chemistry expert, the second was an International Biology Olympiad medallist (now at Harvard), and the third is a genius of strategy (and humour!).

Back on topic, my thought of the second:

You know what these Rozen Maiden will be good for? Taking care of Jun and Tomoe in their old age. It'll amount to a lot of money saved, and a lot less work for the chibi-ningen of the future. One point to consider - Shinku and Suiseiseki might not be happy about their consciousness ending with Jun's life. If they're clever, they should coerce his offspring into sealing the contract (And from then on, the "medium-ship" will be a hereditary thing for the Sakurada clan, hehehe. The arrangement carries very obvious mutual benefits.)
As if they are not married? Both Jun and Tomoe.
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural