AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 05:29   Link #641
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I know that Ryze hasn't changed much, but I think it was his changes that made people realize how2play him, before that it would be a Ryze who would always get mejai, heavy AP and rely on Zhonya's for..."survivability" <_< Funny how Phreak just did the same with Brand :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 21:24   Link #642
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lols. Went in queue for login and took about 30 mins. Play a couple of games, client bugged out, and now I have to wait for another hour. Sad sad day.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 23:17   Link #643
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I know that Ryze hasn't changed much, but I think it was his changes that made people realize how2play him, before that it would be a Ryze who would always get mejai, heavy AP and rely on Zhonya's for..."survivability" <_< Funny how Phreak just did the same with Brand :P
Did the old Ryze's skills have the mana ratio? The reason he can build survivability is because his survival items also add to his damage by mana (and CDR in the case of Frozen Heart).

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 23:58   Link #644
Velsy

I've only started playing the last few nights after some friends said I should check it out.

I've been playing the Medusa (name starts with C) mostly from the availible characters, but just recently unlocked Kayle who I am liking right now. Want to save up points to unlock the Telekineses blades girl. But she need 6300 of them ><

But apart of the servers not being up last night. Kayle I was actually looking forward to playing more O_O
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 01:47   Link #645
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Did the old Ryze's skills have the mana ratio?
Overload did...but even so, for 400 bonus damage you have to build 4k mana, I don't think he needs over 3k at any point, and getting a Will of Ancients and some Mpen items can help his damage increase more than mana items.
Quote:
I've been playing the Medusa (name starts with C) mostly from the availible characters, but just recently unlocked Kayle who I am liking right now. Want to save up points to unlock the Telekineses blades girl. But she need 6300 of them ><

But apart of the servers not being up last night. Kayle I was actually looking forward to playing more O_O
Welcome to the league Cassiopeia is a very advanced champion to play, I'd suggest sticking to Kayle until you get to know the game better. There's an awful lot of maintenance going on the last few days btw, anyone know why?
Old 2011-04-13, 02:37   Link #646
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For Ryze , a core build that i use -> RoD , Archangel , Frozen Heart. Should be enough. You'll have like 3K mana. Add Sorcerer's shoes for mrpen , a Banshee if you want to avoid stun etc.... , then last item depend on the opponent. Rabadon , Void , Abyss , Zhonya....

Well you know , their server sux so crash , maintenance , maintenance , maintenance....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:47   Link #647
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Overload did...but even so, for 400 bonus damage you have to build 4k mana, I don't think he needs over 3k at any point, and getting a Will of Ancients and some Mpen items can help his damage increase more than mana items.
Well, mana is easy to get, and Ryze has crappy AP ratio. I see why Mpen items help, but not Will of Ancients. Not sure if the 30 AP aura also affects you, but assuming it does, 80 AP gives:

16 bonus damage to Overload
48 bonus damage to Rune Prison
28 bonus damage to Spell Flux

for the price of 2k (while offering no extra survivability, unless that spell vamp is also applied to you, of course)

I usually build Ryze with the same items as -Sho- except I upgrade Tear into Archangel Staff only after I get my Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil. I usually am able to get 2k+ mana quite early with Tear (skill spam ftw ) and Catalyst. After that, RoA, Frozen Heart, and Banshee's Veil just add survivability while giving extra mana (and CDR). I also have about 3k+ mana mid-game.

(On another note, you need 2k AP to get 400 bonus damage on that Overload )

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2011-04-13, 13:32   Link #648
Kafriel
Senior Guest

WoA is bought clearly for the cheap spell vamp, and the AP aura will definitely be of help to nearby casters. Although rune prison has a fair ratio, its change from dot to burst dmg was a nerf that I can't ignore
Quote:
On another note, you need 2k AP to get 400 bonus damage on that Overload
It takes 10% of his max mana, so 2000 mana=200 damage...did he get buffed? I think 20% would be a bit overkill for a spammable spell
Quote:
I usually build Ryze with the same items as -Sho- except I upgrade Tear into Archangel Staff only after I get my Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil.
I usually get a manamune instead of arc staff, because it's cheaper (~700g) and charges faster, but other than that, I play with pretty much the same build, but get WoA if I pill too much and haunting guise after shroud, to ensure some damage.
Old 2011-04-13, 14:08   Link #649
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
It takes 10% of his max mana, so 2000 mana=200 damage...did he get buffed? I think 20% would be a bit overkill for a spammable spell
No. I wrote 2k AP, not 2k mana, lol.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2011-04-14, 01:52   Link #650
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Cool free 350 RP for everyone to compensate for server crash issue.
Old 2011-04-14, 02:10   Link #651
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
No. I wrote 2k AP, not 2k mana, lol.
My bad, you're right But how do you get 2k AP anyway? :P
Quote:
Cool free 350 RP for everyone to compensate for server crash issue.
Awesome, a few more crashes and I'll be able to buy a skin xD Servers still unavailable btw...at least they're trying hard.

EDIT: Server's back online and damn, Brand is teh smex With 40% CDR I actually pulled off a double stun with sear, and a late pyroclasm into a fleeing couple scored me a double kill, Lich style^^ On the down side, he is insanely mana hungry late-game (since his base damage is good enough to kill w/o combo spammage), he has no means of escape, no built-in survivability, and a banshee's can kill your ult's bouncing. Still, it's great that he can adjust to various situations based on which skill he uses first. Also note his passive deals 8% max HP every 4 seconds, it's like free bloody mardred's o_0 Got me a few kills and I didn't even know why xD

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-04-14 at 14:33.
Old 2011-04-14, 23:04   Link #652
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Ryze is my new mage fave after the changes.
I rarely build RoA for him and go for banshee's after tear since 90% of my games have enemies with 2 or more nasty CC that will most likely be thrown at me.
Frozen Heart is no brainer, even if they have no physical dps the cdr is a must. Yes, Ryze needs MPen more than AP. And thanks to him, I'm addicted to smart-casting

My build is.

Threads/Sorc
Tears-> build into AR after banshee and/or FH
Banshee
Frozen Heart

(optional)
Void Staff - if their carry/burst have more than 60 MR
RoA - after core item or in-need of bulk. AP is just a bonus
Thornmail/FoN - if for some reason you drop fast against a certain carry/burst while they survived your barrage of spells.
Quicksilver Sash - too much nasty CC? banshee not enough?

The free RP won't be implement immediately and. But it's a nice compensation with the server crashes lately.
Although ironically, I need 2 RP to buy a 975 skin
Old 2011-04-15, 00:40   Link #653
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Too bad the RP won't be enough to get a skin I want, but it's better than nothing, still~
@ Moonie: Yes, sash is an excellent item on any player, especially if you get two of them and cleanse twice! But I wouldn't get a void staff for just 60 MR, because you get 20 Mpen from sorc, another 9 from runes (I think), and you can fill the gap with a haunting guise and abyssal scepter (instead of void staff and FoN respectively), that way you get 49 Mpen and a -20 MR reduction. I remember reading somewhere in a guide that void staff is a good option if the enemy is between 80~150 MR or more, but ofc void staff only occupies one slot...I gotta experiment moar!!!

EDIT: Another champion in the works, could this one be the LoL version of Boush(Tinker)?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-04-15 at 01:55.
Old 2011-04-15, 10:09   Link #654
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Didn't know that there were already a champ sneak peek .

"Rumble, the Mechanized Menace"

Flamethrower , rocket , quarterstaff , harpoon wth ? lol

And this upcoming champ :

"Monkey King"

PS: He could be Sun Wukong .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-04-15 at 11:30.
Old 2011-04-16, 11:13   Link #655
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Oh wow, I didn't know we had a League of Legends thread on here, I'll have to check here more often
--
Contributing to the Ryze conversation, Ryze is ironically kinda of tanky dps mage (with Riot trying to nerf tanky dps). With the right build, he's hard to kill and can keep spamming those nasty Q 's. I hate playing vs this guy, he is a big pain in ranked games.

I believe the core of Ryze is to build:

1) Catalyst or Tear first
- Catalyst first to stay in the lane a long time to farm up OR
- Tear first if you feel safe enough to farm without dying
2) Boots / Sorcerer's Boots
3) Whatever you didn't get in 1
4) Frozen Heart

This is usually enough for Ryze to do a lot of damage and be a big threat. Then from here you either get more defense items if you're being targeted alot (Banshee's, Thornmail, Sunfire, etc...) or if you're rather safe, then get items such as Void Staff, AP doesn't do much for Ryze.
---
Quicksilver Sash is an okay item, depending on what champ you are. But for Ryze, you're better off getting a Banshee's Veil, which gives Ryze more of what he needs (life, mana, spell-shield)
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:34   Link #656
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

In my opinion, really the only reason to ever get QSS over BV is when they have characters like Morde or Malz or if you really feel like they have a CC-combo team. Negating one spell, MR, and health are really good.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 13:46   Link #657
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, Sash got a few advantages on its own:
1) Filthy cheap.
2) You can choose which spell to negate, very important since better players will make sure to put your shield down before getting their disables up.
3) You can activate more than one, although I've rarely done this, myself...was playing tank Galio versus 5 stuns and a few slows, so I didn't have much choice left.

Back to my Brand fangasm, I finally figured out his spell chains: E->Q->W for buckets of focused damage, W->E for minion farming, or Q->E if your Q won't 1-shot them. His ulti should always be used on flaming targets, netted me an amaaazing triple kill of two runners and one random dude that just happened to be nearby
Old 2011-04-17, 13:46   Link #658
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So as i had 18000 PI (surprising ? y lol , didn't buy a thing a while ago) i bought Brand.
Easy to play , well it needs a bit more skill than Annie but still not very difficult to handle after 2-3 games.

In TF , i always do , W -> E -> Q -> R , on single target like you Kafriel E->Q->W
How do u build him ?

My core build , RoA , Sorcerer , Ryla. After i don't know yet , didn't be able to go further.
No defeat yet. But i'm thinking of Rabadon , Banshee & Void/Zhonya/Abyssal maybe a WoA.
Old 2011-04-17, 14:06   Link #659
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
My core build , RoA , Sorcerer , Ryla. After i don't know yet , didn't be able to go further.
No defeat yet. But i'm thinking of Rabadon , Banshee & Void/Zhonya/Abyssal maybe a WoA.
I rush RoA, or Tear depends on the match up if I want more HP or more Mana. Next is probably the Rabadon and Void. I don't find Rylai that good.
Old 2011-04-17, 17:06   Link #660
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I find Rylai's an excess item on Brand...seeing how he's a burst caster, the slow is useless, except when you're pyroclasming a few runners that you're not sure it will kill while bouncing. You already got HP and AP from RoA, so that's 3k kinda wasted.
Combining Sorc and abyssal is neat, it should usually give you full penetration until late game, which should be enough to get your snowball going or at least optimize your gear.
OT: I bought Gangplank after lots of thinking between him and Mundo, got my first quadra-kill today^^

Tags
league of legends, lol