AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-02, 15:38   Link #461
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I have seen that for quite a while. The art does look clean and stable now. Hopefully Yoshihiro finally fully recover and this is the final hiatus.
Yeah, this was back around early - mid November, but I don't think most people care anymore =(.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 16:12   Link #462
Lone Wolf
Hacker-nin

Send a message via AIM to Lone Wolf
Well, _I_ care, and that's all that matters

"You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless"

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 08:13   Link #463
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'm so glad Togashi's coming out of his haitus at last. Now, he'll show Kubo and Kishimoto how it's really done.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 13:59   Link #464
heebo

Hopefully with better artwork. HxH had good drawings at one point. Any idea what caused the decline in the drawing guality?
Old 2009-12-14, 14:49   Link #465
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by heebo View Post
Hopefully with better artwork. HxH had good drawings at one point. Any idea what caused the decline in the drawing guality?
Who knows. Togashi always had his ups and downs but it always really depended on the situation. You'll notice the same if you read the Yu Yu Hakusho Manga. There are times when it's good and other times when it's not so much.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 16:14   Link #466
ZeroForever

well HxH really started the major art decline when he originally got ill around the greed island arc a few years back (seriously a few of those chapters looked like chicken stratch) since then as far as i can tell he's been on and off depending on health.
Old 2009-12-14, 19:43   Link #467
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

does anyone know how long we have to wait.

i would like it if Togashi got fully recoverd before he started to come back. that would be way better.
Old 2009-12-15, 13:50   Link #468
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I stopped Hunter x Hunter at Kimera Ants arc (no idea about the chapter )

Spoiler:

I want to know if Kurapika is back or we are always in Kimera Ants arc.

Thanks!
Old 2009-12-15, 17:31   Link #469
Xion Valkyrie

I'm not entirely sure why he did the Ants Arc at all. Now that Gon and co are powerful enough to take on the Ants, the spiders don't seem anywhere near as intimidating if they use them as an opponent in one of the future arcs. The power level bar has just been raised a bit too far.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 00:43   Link #470
AdventSleeper

I agree... I just don't see this arc as anything adding to Gon's journey of finding his dad and such, felt like it was put in just to be put in.

I wanna see more of the other characters already, like how it was in york shin.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 03:01   Link #471
Umaibo

291:

Spoiler for :
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 11:52   Link #472
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Holy Crap. For all that anticipated I felt a little bit duped by the shortness of the chapter. Netero's attack is awesome and all but..meh.
Old 2009-12-25, 21:02   Link #473
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

IT'S BACK! IT'S MOTHERFUCKING BACK!

And with color pages! Damn, it's too good to be true.

And the chapter itself was... Well, good. There's not much to say, but Netero in action is always a must see. KOKORO!
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 07:08   Link #474
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I'm not entirely sure why he did the Ants Arc at all. Now that Gon and co are powerful enough to take on the Ants, the spiders don't seem anywhere near as intimidating if they use them as an opponent in one of the future arcs. The power level bar has just been raised a bit too far.
Well, the spiders are still much stronger than most ants.

But, also, they aren't normal antagonists- i don't think Gon will ights any against of them in a usual way.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 00:30   Link #475
Kariko

Yay, it's back now when I also started watching the anime.

I might have to go back 50 or so chapters because I'm having trouble remembering some of the things that happen. xD
Kariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 00:57   Link #476
AdventSleeper

Meh.. was.. pretty disappointed with this chapter..

At least HxH was back.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 19:04   Link #477
Umaibo

292:

This chapter is a lot better than 291. After all, there was actual story development. The first couple of pages threw me off. I thought Netero actually had a chance of beating the King. But it turns out Hyakushiki Kannon "barely" scratched the King. Frankly, if Hyakushiki Kannon can only do so little damage, I really don't see how Kyakushiki Zero will be that effective either.

Since the King is hyped up to be this "invincible" enemy, I really don't see how anyone can defeat him. It is no wonder Togashi keeps going on hiatus. It is really difficult to finish this arc.
Old 2010-01-16, 05:06   Link #478
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

King is just another Freeza. Just look compare his design and how overpower he is with Freeza and you see. Still remember the first time you see how level 20+ Kaioh Ken with Kamehameha barely scratched Freeza and you see the similarities here.

It will just take another overpowered being to defeat him.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 05:17   Link #479
Umaibo

The difference between Hunter x Hunter and Dragon Ball Z is that, in Hunter x Hunter, you can't just suddenly increase your power several folds. And if I'm not mistaken, Netero is supposed to be the strongest (or one of the strongest) hero right now. If Netero dies, there should no other person who can fight the King.
Old 2010-01-16, 06:29   Link #480
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can always have dark horses coming out of nowhere (like kurapika or whatever you want) who were MIA for so long, then suddenly barging with whatever hidden nen or something.

I can't help but think Togashi just went too much on the dark side (read: cliché) of shounen genre ever since he introduced the whole Nen stuff, but moreso aggravating with the chimera ant arc, which is draggin to abnormal proportions (To begin with, I can't even recall when they actually look "insect to me". The chimera concept just starts being the "best option" to have hybrid of anything and everything).

The recent chapters aren't really suggesting any real improvement regarding the story telling I think. I mean, Netero was flagged with "you will be dead before reaching the king" death flag, yet suddenly the balance of power just go back and forth, as if Togashi wasn't even sure of the outcome of the battle himself.
Sure, now that Netero isn't doing any real damage on the king, we are about to see a walking juggernaut being loose. However, we have yet to see Netero being -really- cornered (usual secret technique, which should be the Zero skill), so Togashi has a margin to pull a "circumstancial victory" a la Nasu.
That, or a very lame "remember of your mother" or random philosophic chit chat, turning the king into a sheep or suicidal maniac.

Tags
overpowered villain