AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 12:50   Link #4681
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
But Hayate said it was all a dream, and if you want to see a guy that resemble santa, its actually the doctor who treat him in chapter 2,remember
Manga...VOLUME 1

Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 12:58   Link #4682
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Mikado is psycho. I wanna see him break down in maniacal laughter.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 14:03   Link #4683
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Wait, in chapter 241, Athena and Mikado talk something about the "Power of Royalty" that Hayate may had accidentally took when he was in Royal garden.
Remember at end of 187, Athena says Mikado stnatched away something from her...
Maybe Mikado did all those misunderstanding because he wants to do something to Athena?
(And this guy may know Hayate from his born, and even may be part on the "Chrismas present" Hayate's parents send to him...)
So, maybe Mikado is like Aizen? O_O
I'm pretty sure he's also the millionaire involved in Hina's parent disparition.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:11   Link #4684
Rah

Perhaps he is, but who cares? Hina is pure filler. Even if Mikado is involved with the disappearance of her parents, it doesn't change anything.

Oh, and let's not forget: THE GAME
Old 2009-11-16, 14:16   Link #4685
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

thanks for not forgetting me
Old 2009-11-16, 14:31   Link #4686
Used Can

It seems that damaging Athena's soul means she'll lose her memories forever. Isumi also said she'd become someone different, or something like that.
Old 2009-11-16, 15:31   Link #4687
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Perhaps he is, but who cares? Hina is pure filler. Even if Mikado is involved with the disappearance of her parents, it doesn't change anything.

Oh, and let's not forget: THE GAME
But that means....he is the puppetmaster!
Old 2009-11-16, 15:46   Link #4688
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Wait, in chapter 241, Athena and Mikado talk something about the "Power of Royalty" that Hayate may had accidentally took when he was in Royal garden.
Remember at end of 187, Athena says Mikado stnatched away something from her...
Maybe Mikado did all those misunderstanding because he wants to do something to Athena?
(And this guy may know Hayate from his born, and even may be part on the "Chrismas present" Hayate's parents send to him...)
So, maybe Mikado is like Aizen? O_O
and hayate is ichigo o.O!! his special move is also about speed
i dont think that himegami is a boss..he is like a ... .. maybe he took the royal powers for now...
mikado, is the criminal mind
hayate x athena vs mikado plus power of royalty
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 16:11   Link #4689
Lisemer

Maybe Himegami=Urahara?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 16:36   Link #4690
Rah

Auuuu... Game, I forgot about you. Darn, that's not the way people are supposed to react. Oh, well...

Anyhow~
Spoiler for Either this or "I am your father!":

Spoiler for And the obvious...:

Again, Hata? Again? But now Nagi is with Maria. Jeez... what's with these comparisons? Saku & Isumin'? The Hakuo Trio? They aren't even remotely close to Hayate in a romantic way.

*sigh*

Basically, he'll choose Athena, since she's all alone in that pic. Yeah, I'm basing it on that. In ch. 23x or 24x there was such a page already, where he said that they weren't the same as Athena. Although, this page probably only displays the girls he can choose from, and not the ones he doesn't have any interest in. But he already said that they aren't the same in the previous one, so I don't see the point of another page like it.

In the first one only Nagi and Athena were exempt. Athena had a "sparkly" one page(where Hayate finally realized his feelings towards her), and Nagi was on the cover. On this one they're both present.

So...... does it actually mean anything, or is Hata just screwing around and it's still Nagi vs Athena, with all the others being drawn just for fanservice, or perhaps some "imaginary suspense"? It's not like Hata forgot already that he practically trashed all of them, except for the two blonds...

*SIGH*

Whatever...
Old 2009-11-16, 16:51   Link #4691
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Clearly Hayate's brother is Urahara since he hasn't been able to do anything and is also actually a good guy (as far as we know).

Reading your mountains of posts is interesting as always. So where did we come up with the idea that if Hayate doesn't break the stone (i.e. choose Athena) then she is going to die? She was fine for ten years, she'll probably be just fine if Hayate chooses Nagi and then looks for an alternative to save Athena. Really, it just seems like the two of them only cause each other pain and heartache most of the time so i'm fine with not saving Athena right now. I know it's a matter of opinion, but him betraying Nagi now would make him more than a bit of a bastard, like when he was only thinking about the money during the marathon race (and we all know how that ended). He's definitely learned his lesson and will never abandon Nagi, so he'll either choose her and look for a new way to save Athena or find a cliche way to do both.

I think we must also remember that things don't have to end anytime soon either. Seriously, we just got reacquainted with Athena so there's no need to go closing off all her story threads now unless the manga's ending or she's not going to be important anymore. Since she seems integral to the 'plot' (still think Hata's improvising here) then she'll likely escape or leave and things will continue later.

As for the Santa issue...holy shit, the short Santa does look exactly like him. How the hell did we miss that?! Though it and half the plot is easily explained with a little thing called Ret Con! Oh Hayate's in debt and has to be a butler which he has never done before...wait, now he was also a butler a really long time ago and forgot about it (or something). Santa was basically his imagination trying to motivate him to survive...wrong, now it was Mikado as part of some plot. Just like comic books when they need to add details that may contradict the existing backstory, and by this point nobody cares.

Still, that means in the first chapter when he punched Santa...he was really punching Mikado! Yes! I have so much more respect for that scene now! And it was Mikado in the background for the whole first season of the anime...I guess. But it does explain a lot about what Santa told Hayate about sucking because he was poor given what he know about Mikado. Now I want to see why Hayate was so important back then...could Mikado have taken the King's Power from him way back then and maybe he has it now?! Who knows? *shrug*

And as for Hina being filler...remember Jeremiah Gottwald (Orange-kun from Code Geass). He was supposed to die after his first appearance and he was so popular they kept him alive AND made him a plot critical character.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 17:07   Link #4692
Rah

OMG, Teleutao, you're absolutely right!

HAVE A GLASS OF PURE MOTHERFUCKING LOYALTY!

Or would you prefer the Hina version?

I'd drink it!!
Old 2009-11-16, 18:28   Link #4693
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Huh?
What are you guys talking about??
Old 2009-11-16, 19:05   Link #4694
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
And as for Hina being filler...remember Jeremiah Gottwald (Orange-kun from Code Geass). He was supposed to die after his first appearance and he was so popular they kept him alive AND made him a plot critical character.
for 2 episodes
Old 2009-11-16, 19:27   Link #4695
Lisemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
but him betraying Nagi now would make him more than a bit of a bastard, like when he was only thinking about the money during the marathon race (and we all know how that ended).
Are you aware that if hayate choose money over a life he is doing the same thing his parents did to him? (i.e. selling Athena's life to Mikado to his misterious plans)
Nagi can survive without money, even in the next chapter Nagi can will know everything and give up for herself about the hieritance (if I remember well, she already said she doesn't need it), but obviously, this only can happen if we assume she is maturing from the childish tsundere she was in first chapter; but if Hayate choose Nagi, he will become the same class of asshole his parents were with him.
So Hayate has 2 options: destroy the stone; or find a 3º method to save Athena. (maybe he can lose a battle to a person that could return to nagi that money when Mikado die and by that way, another person will have the hieritance and he can destroy that stone.)

P.D:Orange-kun was important in the Shirley's incident and in the end of both seasons...
Old 2009-11-16, 19:30   Link #4696
Used Can

Orange-kun was never a critical character, no matter how awesome he was.

Spoiler for For Orange's purpose:

Quote:
if Hayate choose Nagi, he will become the same class of asshole his parents were with him.
I've got to disagree. Hayate protecting the inheritance has got nothing to do with him being a greedy bastard like his parents. In fact, unlike his parents, he'd be protecting someone he cares about.

All the same, it's quite funny, because having Nagi lose the inheritance would technically free her from all those murderers who chase her after her money. But, anyway, protecting Nagi is his duty not only as her butler, but also as a person who cares for her. Choosing to protect her inheritance wouldn't really place him in the same level as his parents, in my opinion.
Old 2009-11-16, 19:42   Link #4697
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Are you aware that if hayate choose money over a life he is doing the same thing his parents did to him? (i.e. selling Athena's life to Mikado to his misterious plans)
Nagi can survive without money, even in the next chapter Nagi can will know everything and give up for herself about the hieritance (if I remember well, she already said she doesn't need it), but obviously, this only can happen if we assume she is maturing from the childish tsundere she was in first chapter; but if Hayate choose Nagi, he will become the same class of asshole his parents were with him.
So Hayate has 2 options: destroy the stone; or find a 3º method to save Athena. (maybe he can lose a battle to a person that could return to nagi that money when Mikado die and by that way, another person will have the hieritance and he can destroy that stone.)
I gotta disagree with this.
Unlike his parents, Hayate was actually responsible for Nagi's inherintance so if he choose the money,he actually was't at the same level as his parent, just like
used can said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

I've got to disagree. Hayate protecting the inheritance has got nothing to do with him being a greedy bastard like his parents. In fact, unlike his parents, he'd be protecting someone he cares about.

All the same, it's quite funny, because having Nagi lose the inheritance would technically free her from all those murderers who chase her after her money. But, anyway, protecting Nagi is his duty not only as her butler, but also as a person who cares for her. Choosing to protect her inheritance wouldn't really place him in the same level as his parents, in my opinion.
I also agree with you,used can.
Someone who is being responsible to something must keep their responsbility
no matter what.
Old 2009-11-16, 19:45   Link #4698
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Mikado is Santa all along?

Just as Planned
Old 2009-11-16, 19:47   Link #4699
Lisemer

Used can, that is about the same fact I'm posting since a few days: the money isn't more important than a life (the life of the girl hayate (supposed) love.
Is here when he need to know Nagi doesn't need the hieritance.
Or the arrival of Hayate's brother or Himegami...

And wolfnagi, you only want Hayate end with Nagi at all costs. Or at least that seems for me...
Old 2009-11-16, 19:51   Link #4700
Wolfnagi

No only me,
a friends of mine in MangaFox also want Hayate to end up with Nagi,
at all cost,
even Athena's life. Muahahahahaha (no offense)

Tags
comedy, shounen