Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
than they are in Nekosuke's work...
Uhhhhh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
The 2010 series, illustrated by Ookuma Nekosuke
It's quite a shame that there aren't a lot of fans of Namaniku ATK works around here... I guess you should fix this disinformation!
I'm actually more hyped about it because it will be the 1st anime with Namaniku ATK designs and not because it's author is someone famous or something.
Maybe someone can make whitecloud change his first post? Or make people watch other sources before stating something like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
and the keyvisual doesn't look THAT different to the source, so all is good.
The faces look either too round or generic for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Its usually hard to animate a H-Artist's artstyle it usually involves a studio to have a lot of money.
Ummm... I have no idea what are you talking about? How the fact that he worked on the designs for 1 eroge can make it harder to adapt his designs for this novel?

Anyways I was mostly interested in this adaptation because of Namaniku ATK designs and seeing how they half-assed the animation designs runs much of my interest because I'm not really interested in works by the author of this novel...

Last edited by Iby; 2013-10-14 at 16:10.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 21:22   Link #42
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post

Ummm... I have no idea what are you talking about? How the fact that he worked on the designs for 1 eroge can make it harder to adapt his designs for this novel?
Its not one, hes worked on a couple of projects. His forte is in the black and white stuff. Cosmic could probably fill you in better than me. Its harder to adapt because they usually don't hire the artist who was the one who originally drew the pictures. They get a different artist to draw it. You can use Highschool DxD as the perfect example. If you compared it to Nobuna it'd be like night and day reason being they actually bother to hire miyama to oversee the project. It really depends on what studio picks up what and whether or not they can afford the budget. But in general H-Artist tend to have art thats pretty hard to animate. Because they pretty much sell art for a living.

The unknown part should get changed. Its already confirmed. You probably need to go pm a mod.

Scrapped Princess was the authors first novel to anime adaption. The artist is Mogudan. Yes that Mogudan for people who know what I'm talking about. http://myanimelist.net/anime/167/Scrapped_Princess

And I'm pretty much not counting Outbreak. Any series that doesn't have the author's insight is ridiculous. At the minimal they should've of at least remained faithful to the art. Because without the artist's insight you might as well change the plot to something amusing like Samurai Girls.
Old 2013-10-14, 22:06   Link #43
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Uhhhhh...

Maybe someone can make whitecloud change his first post? Or make people watch other sources before stating something like this?
Well excuse me for failing to read each and every single post carefully and meticulously. I'm obviously unfamiliar with either name and I wasn't going to go out of my way to check the validity of whitecloud's post. Regardless, WHO did the artwork doesn't change my opinion of how I feel about it.

In my opinion, Namaniku ATK made eyes look too big for the heads. Is that better?

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2013-10-14 at 22:21.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 22:42   Link #44
Drkz

Quote:
Well excuse me for failing to read each and every single post carefully and meticulously. I'm obviously unfamiliar with either name and I wasn't going to go out of my way to check the validity of whitecloud's post. Regardless, WHO did the artwork doesn't change my opinion of how I feel about it.

In my opinion, Namaniku ATK made eyes look too big for the heads. Is that better?
Its understandable. He did work for nitro once before he moved onto a different company. I know him cause of the Attack on Titan djs. Glorious Misaki and blonde! I'm pretty sure its just the angle. But i like his artstyle its pretty cool.
Old 2013-10-14, 22:59   Link #45
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Its not one, hes worked on a couple of projects. His forte is in the black and white stuff. Cosmic could probably fill you in better than me. Its harder to adapt because they usually don't hire the artist who was the one who originally drew the pictures. They get a different artist to draw it. You can use Highschool DxD as the perfect example. If you compared it to Nobuna it'd be like night and day reason being they actually bother to hire miyama to oversee the project. It really depends on what studio picks up what and whether or not they can afford the budget. But in general H-Artist tend to have art thats pretty hard to animate. Because they pretty much sell art for a living.
I don't need anyone to fill me about people working in Nitro+, thanks. And I have no idea where's this "his forte is in the black and white stuff" because I'm watching his twitter, pixiv and stuff he posts on N+ blog - yeah, his art is not that colorful but it's not also b&w all the time.
And both DxD and Nobuna anime designs looks like a fine adaptation to me.
Quote:
I don't see where are you coming from.
Old 2013-10-14, 23:18   Link #46
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

You posting more examples of the work doesn't help the matter. I just don't like the proportions, personally. (That blonde guy is probably the only one who looks okay.) If others like the style, that's fine, of course. That and I don't think the style is ugly or bad. I'm just not crazy about it.
Old 2013-10-15, 01:52   Link #47
Drkz

[QUOTE=Iby;4871398]I don't need anyone to fill me about people working in Nitro+, thanks. And I have no idea where's this "his forte is in the black and white stuff" because I'm watching his twitter, pixiv and stuff he posts on N+ blog - yeah, his art is not that colorful but it's not also b&w all the time.
And both DxD and Nobuna anime designs looks like a fine adaptation to me.

http://www.liar.co.jp/product.html

Black and White visuals. He works for liar now. Like how you find DxD and Nobuna designs to be fine. N-Atk is probably one of the few people where his black and white pages don't suck. I thought the DxD ones where bad. Its was the difference of night and day to me.
Old 2013-10-16, 00:40   Link #48
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
http://www.liar.co.jp/product.html

Black and White visuals. He works for liar now. Like how you find DxD and Nobuna designs to be fine. N-Atk is probably one of the few people where his black and white pages don't suck. I thought the DxD ones where bad. Its was the difference of night and day to me.
The link you've posted doesn't show anything or prove you're words.
upd. I've just checked his twitter and it still states that he works for N+ - even if he decided to leave the company I would know that from N+ twitter. Looks like you're delusional or just making things up.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:38   Link #49
Drkz

Quote:
The link you've posted doesn't show anything or prove you're words.
upd. I've just checked his twitter and it still states that he works for N+ - even if he decided to leave the company I would know that from N+ twitter. Looks like you're delusional or just making things up.
Oh well. I could've sworn he also worked for liar. My honest mistake. But someone from nitro did go to Liar just can't remember who.
Old 2013-12-24, 04:34   Link #50
D-Joe

2014 Spring
http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.c...try-16233.html
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 05:33   Link #51
dark998

Finally confirmed for spring, excellent news.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 06:09   Link #52
desrtsku
Nympholept

Eh, didn't even know this one too will be animated by Bones up until now. At least it's gonna be pretty as hell.
Old 2013-12-24, 08:17   Link #53
bastek66

Busy Spring for Bones
Old 2013-12-24, 08:48   Link #54
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Updated the thread to reflect new info.
Old 2013-12-25, 03:49   Link #55
D-Joe

D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 05:28   Link #56
dark998

PV that only shows the Key visual revealed a while ago? That's not nice, Bones.

Those character designs...very nice, Bones.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 07:29   Link #57
desrtsku
Nympholept

I need no animated PV with BONES. I have blind faith in them when it's about making things move.
These Chara designs are delicious though, and are more than welcome. DEM LEGS!!! OH MY GOD!!
Old 2013-12-25, 12:56   Link #58
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I need no animated PV with BONES. I have blind faith in them when it's about making things move.
Agreed. And I really like the character designs, they're lovely.
Old 2013-12-26, 10:16   Link #59
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Character designs look generic JRPG to me. Nothing special.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 12:13   Link #60
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
Character designs look generic JRPG to me. Nothing special.
I think that's the point since MC has job/class Saboteur.

Tags
fantasy, harem, magitech