AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 23:07   Link #141
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As for Kurozuka, the kanji 黒塚 mean "black tomb." "Kurozuka" refers to the grave of the demoness who is the subject of the original old story, but it apparently came to refer to the woman herself, at least from the time of the Noh play about her. Here is some info about the play. Here is the Japanese Wikipedia page about the story and the play.

I'm just as confused as anyone about the timelines. I'm just letting it all wash over me, and it's working so far.

But I disagree completely about the OP. I think it's outstanding, one of my favorites of the year. Like the show itself, even though it's not my favorite kind of music, it just seems to work so well. I like the ED a lot too, but not as much.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 02:54   Link #142
Sindas
Rinshan Kaiho

For those that read the manga...
What's your point of view about the huge story changes?
They altered some pretty important things between the two versions.
Well it lets me enjoy the story anew I guess and we might get a good ending...

Spoiler for the manga plot differences with the anime:

Last edited by Sindas; 2008-11-07 at 20:54.
Sindas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 05:50   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll just say I can't understand why studios feel the need to have such inappropriate (and unappealing) OPs for shows like this.
It may not be your kind of music, though that's going to happen with every single OP and ED. Also the OP for Kurozuka fits nicely with the story and the frantic format of colors that the OP video has.
Old 2008-11-07, 17:11   Link #144
Tiberium Wolf

Man sooo many changes! Why ppl keep butchering other ppl work? Just because you don't have the skillz you start up with something good doesn't mean you got the right to butchering other ppl work and claim the credits for yourself.
Old 2008-11-08, 18:45   Link #145
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Myself, I don't *like* the OP -- but it fits quite well with the post-apocalyptic nature of the story. It just means it isn't on my playlist.

Looks like the source material folks are unhappy. Ah well, as a stand-along I've viewed 4 eps now -- and the story being told is quite interesting, though I'll admit I was happier watching the early period. I'm kind of hoping they flip back and forth between the past and the future.

I'll admit that watching the eps back to back it almost became a "how shall dice up Kuromitsu in *this* sequence?" every few minutes. Our hero doesn't seem to able to control his 'matrix rage' - only engage it *after* something nasty has happened.

It sure would be a shame if after all the eons of pain and trial that he and her don't get a few moments of peace together, but then asian literature and film is notorious for mildly depressing story closure.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-11-08 at 19:14.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 18:50   Link #146
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well manga fans one things for sure we're getting a new ending... now that's a good thing but a what cost is it going to be....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 00:12   Link #147
Sindas
Rinshan Kaiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Looks like the source material folks are unhappy.
I'm not really unhappy about the changes...
I side with those that thinks that alterations between versions lets you enjoy the story once again. Knowing everything ahead of time is not that fun however when some really cool plot points are turned into crap it kind of make me angry.
I think that studios that want to take this approach need a really good director that knows how to take advantage of the source material without butchering it.

For this show I can't really pronounce myself yet... it's too soon!
The only change that disappointed me a bit is the one I mentioned earlier...

It does bring a question about this change: Why did the Red Army left Kuro alone after Kuromitsu and him were both shot and left defenseless... the rebels took Kuromitsu but the Red Army never went to check their targets or take captivity of Kuro?!?!?
Sindas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 01:20   Link #148
ThoHell

I like this series but so many thinks are just ridiculous. I know it's an anime an all, but the way they lay out the plot/story line/character mentally/societal design/ etc. is just absurd.

Kuro X 2 have been living for hundreds up hundreds of years, SO THEY'VE BEEN PURSUED FOR ALL THESE YEARS BY AN UNIMMORTAL ORGANIZATION? How many years will it take for Kuro X 2 to figure out how to do things right. They (I guess mainly male Kuro) have unimaginable amount of fighting experience and development, yet they are being challenged and beaten by babies(compared to their age)?

UGH, too many frustrating things that I can't put it into words. Anyways will continue watching.

Oh, and female Kuro isn't the origin of the immortalizing blood. She and male Kuro are basically the same, so why is everything about the female?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 02:08   Link #149
Cinocard

To answer your question would be a huge spoiler to the manga, despite how much it has been alter. Just believe that the story itself is very logical and you wont be disappointed at the end
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 02:31   Link #150
ThoHell

OH, would it? Hmm kind of want to read the manga now, but can't find a translated copy anywhere. I just hope it's not going to be the lover turning out the be the bad guy and running everything behind the scene.....those are kind of heart wrenching. Oh, a question just popped into my head: where's the guy who made female Kuro immortal? Obsessed love wants his love back? O_o

But anyways don't mind me, I was just randomly throwing out things that popped into my head.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 07:04   Link #151
yozaku
Always Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindas View Post
For those that read the manga...
What's your point of view about the huge story changes?
They altered some pretty important things between the two versions.
Well it lets me enjoy the story anew I guess and we might get a good ending...

Spoiler for the manga plot differences with the anime:
I like the anime

it seems logical than the manga
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 15:34   Link #152
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Great episode 5!Kuro will fight with the monster next !Ow the base is owned ... !We will see what is miitsu too !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 17:56   Link #153
u43368
Disabled By Request

I'm hella digging this series. The last historical(?) series I saw was Shiurui, which was just as much of a mindrape but the pacing was too slow so I couldn't finish it. I prefer the pacing of this show-so far.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 21:56   Link #154
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Oh, a question just popped into my head: where's the guy who made female Kuro immortal? Obsessed love wants his love back? O_o
Don't know if this count as a spoiler, but actually the one that gave Kuro immortal blood, he has no whatsoever role in the manga.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 10:38   Link #155
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

But he does in history...at least in the bible.
Old 2008-11-11, 12:34   Link #156
Oxtail

The first thing I pictured after it was learned Kuromitsu was captured and used for some kind of research/experimentation was the Eipos's little S&M toy in Mnemosyne. After watching that show, I've come to have a lot of sympathy for immortals. They're like lab rats who'll never die.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 18:19   Link #157
Alchemis

so far so good. I just don't like the lack of actions, and I think the big robots, guns, and all those advanced stuffs really spoil the atmosphere.. Something that unexpected
Alchemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 23:28   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll admit some chagrin -- was rather hoping the story was more in the past than in the future ... but still early. Chained memories make it an interesting story format though and I'm already attached to the two of them (which I'm doomed to be crushed by tragic ending I speculate). Hope they reward us with the two of them just having a moment's peace at some point rather than how many ways can the goons mess the two of them up.

edit: whoops, did my own time loop - I already posted this sort of thinking :P
Old 2008-11-11, 23:52   Link #159
u43368
Disabled By Request

I'm actually quite happy they switched to the future. I haven't seen a decent post-apocalyptic anime in a long time.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 12:10   Link #160
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm just as confused as anyone about the timelines. I'm just letting it all wash over me, and it's working so far.

But I disagree completely about the OP. I think it's outstanding, one of my favorites of the year. Like the show itself, even though it's not my favorite kind of music, it just seems to work so well. I like the ED a lot too, but not as much.
Personally, I don't really see what is so confusing about the timelines except perhaps what happened with that drunktard samurai

And I'm in the same group who dislikes the OP. It's just not my taste :/

ep 6
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, vampire