AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-05, 00:27   Link #341
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxy1069 View Post
about the sword stuck in hysteria's throat(lol), do you she was just taunting/playing with miria when she was trying to make a deal with her? i mean, if she can't even get that sword out, i don't think she stands a chance against 19 warriors...
I think she is just playing or being a greedy pig not wanting to let go of the claymore snack she picked up. If she lets them go she can use her chinese sticks to yank that sword easily. maybe she is just scared that Cassandra might steal her food since cassandra is acting like hungry hungry hippo's at the moment.
Old 2011-12-05, 03:42   Link #342
MalakTawus

I doubt anyone else can do a partial awakening like Claire did,infact there is absolutely no indication that what Claire did was something that anyone else in the whole org's hystory has ever done.....
....if you add to that the fact that Claire is indeed different from anyone else,i'd say it's very probable that she is the only one that could do a partial awakening like that.
Imo Miria can only awaken completely......or not awakening at all.

Also i want to add that Histy's look is definitely too stupid so i bet Yagi is planning something with her, she is probably A LOT more dangerous than what her look suggests.....
Old 2011-12-05, 05:44   Link #343
su5so

The form of hysteria is really absurd. If it is true that she can not take his sword, players only have to reach the sword and cut off his head, because hysteria can not defend that part of her body. Anyway, that mere claymores to kill an abyssal me look like a fail.

In the next chapter I expect a great battle by Roxxane and Cassandra, the most interesting part of this chapter clearly.
Old 2011-12-05, 05:47   Link #344
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
I think she is just playing or being a greedy pig not wanting to let go of the claymore snack she picked up. If she lets them go she can use her chinese sticks to yank that sword easily. maybe she is just scared that Cassandra might steal her food since cassandra is acting like hungry hungry hippo's at the moment.
Well I think that she is tricking her maybe she can't eat but she can remove the sword. What I believe is that she wants her to come closer so she can kill her because her projectiles are kind of short (short-mid ranged) but because of Miria's speed she can get away even with Hysteria's speed she can escape so she is acting like she can't get it out so she can kill her when she lets her guard down.
Old 2011-12-05, 06:19   Link #345
gxy1069

i wonder how an awakened miria would look like<3

just please, no tentacles!
Old 2011-12-05, 08:04   Link #346
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
Well I think that she is tricking her maybe she can't eat but she can remove the sword. What I believe is that she wants her to come closer so she can kill her because her projectiles are kind of short (short-mid ranged) but because of Miria's speed she can get away even with Hysteria's speed she can escape so she is acting like she can't get it out so she can kill her when she lets her guard down.
Considering that we have seen Histy outrun Miria like it was nothing (without even trying to hit her) i doubt that she is trying to trick her.......
.....imo it's quite clear that she is simply playing around,especially since looking at the hilt of the sword it's quite evident that Histy shouldn't have any problem to remove the sword using her "blades",unless the awakening caused her to become a complete idiot ......
Old 2011-12-05, 09:16   Link #347
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The author is the Jimi Hendrix of Japanese manga. This chapter.......completely blew me away.

Just one word. Wow. 3 new Abyssal Ones, Miria almost awakens, and everyone arrives. So where is Prisilla and Claire?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-12-05, 10:11   Link #348
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Considering her power, that doesn't surprise me one bit -- why would she go as far as to change back just to remove a sword and leave further potentially vulnerable?

From her perspective, it's not big deal whatsoever; for the warriors however, it's a potential opportunity if they can grab onto it, and drive it up her "throat" to slice her head.
So it's not big deal to have a sword in her throat but it is a big deal to fight in her human form? Really? Awakened Hysteria in human form should still be way more powerful than she was as a Claymore and she could actually use that claymore to chop everyone up. But as Fermat has pointed out it seems she's now at least 50 IQ points stupider.
Old 2011-12-05, 11:16   Link #349
SagaraSouske

Prediction 1: As some earlier has already mentioned, Hysteria's has another true form. And the wings may not be what they seem.
Prediction 2: Cassandra and Roxanne will fight to death, either they both complete exhaust each other and fall back to human form or fatally injure each other.
Prediction 3: Ghosts will own Hysteria in her current form. Then she will show her true form and turn the table completely, and then Deus Ex Machina shows up in the form of ZAO awakening is flawed due to Dae's process being flawed and thus there is some fatal weakness or drawback.
Old 2011-12-05, 13:15   Link #350
seiftis
~defying fate

It's just Hysteria wanting to taunt Miria, by giving her to option to run (and go against miria's principle), or come closely to Hysteria and die.
Old 2011-12-05, 13:23   Link #351
Ulquihorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxy1069 View Post
i wonder how an awakened miria would look like<3

just please, no tentacles!
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-05, 13:28   Link #352
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
So it's not big deal to have a sword in her throat but it is a big deal to fight in her human form? Really? Awakened Hysteria in human form should still be way more powerful than she was as a Claymore and she could actually use that claymore to chop everyone up. But as Fermat has pointed out it seems she's now at least 50 IQ points stupider.
Mmm....giving it some new thought, while I do agree with you, I also still disagree.

When I said that, I originally had Riful vs Alicia in the mind; I distinctly remember getting frustrated that she had returned to her human form after seemingly killing Renee - of course, she had no way of knowing about the Eaters or Alicia. Nevertheless, in the presence of an Awakened of similar power, returning to your human form is leaving yourself more vulnerable unless, like with Luciella, you have no choice due to depleted yoki.

But this isn't like that since, as you say, she's seemingly surrounded by warriors; weak and wounded ones I might add, with only Miria really being even a possible threat - so even if she were to transform back; using the very sword lodged in her body, she can still swiftly kill everyone around her - with only Miria, again, as an annoyance -- still, she is more then just a No.1 now, but an Awakened - an Abyssal, so I'm not even sure for Miria's chances.

Nevertheless, it's not just Miria -- like with Riful, their are other Abyssals or beings with similar power around....two of them actually. They haven't actually started fighting eachother yet (at least that I remember - it's already been awhile since I read the chapter and I'm already forgetting -___- ), but perhaps that's it -- Hysteria is worried about turning back into her human form and leaving herself potentially vulnerable to Roxanne and/or Cassandra launching a sneak attack.

This doesn't however excuse that, like another user says, inertia does exist in the Claymore world so she could technically get the sword out of her without transforming back -- also, the fact that she can't get the sword out without transforming kind of says how ridiculous she looks like....not to mention, I don't know about you, but I doubt Hysteria herself has put as much thought into this as we have -- as said before, I don't think she has even noticed the sword, much less planned around it.

I'm already betting that Yagi is gonna really change up their appearances next chapter with new abilities, forms and all these new things, in an effort to sort of conceal how they were this chapter....one could argue that he already had that in mind, but like Miria's death and return and so many other things....the world, may never know.

Roxanne needs to be more unique, Hysteria needs to be less unique, and Cassandra....well, she strangely is sort of good, though I wouldn't mind if she had some changes as well (though she is starting to grow on me, predictably).....like that fake spoiler once about Riful's "battle-mode" (), if the ZAOs start getting "battle-modes" of their own, or changes of some sort....people will cry that this is getting to be more and more "shonen-ish".

Oh well -- people are gonna complain no matter what, so Yagi should just do what he thinks is best; people will keep reading and buying anyway (or if Arturro and the more people actually do drop it, maybe not.......their's always time and a chance to bring it all back though).
Old 2011-12-05, 14:07   Link #353
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

short chapter but 2 very good lines

"you are a lousy Number 2"

"Remain human until we finish p0unching you"
Old 2011-12-05, 14:16   Link #354
Gooral
Banned

@Shiek
To be honest I'm close to putting manga on-hold myself but only to the moment until Clare returns or something actually happens. Hopefully it will be no longer than in 2 months. As I've said earlier I'm beyond breaking point, in this arc there were so many ass-pulls that after seeing the biggest of them all (in chapter 120) I just lost it. Until then I was actually waiting on Claymore more than any other manga, now it's below Gintama, Hunter x Hunter and several other titles. And seeing this low number of posts I think I'm not in minority. Most of the posts are short too which shows how little happens here.
Old 2011-12-05, 17:33   Link #355
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I can understand if that's how you feel Gooral - the low number of posts though, don't have much value in the grand scheme of things though; after all, it was an action chapter and such ones always leave little to actually discuss.

I've said it before, but this was a chapter purely to push things along: really, aside from the appearance of the Abyssals, what really was their to initially look forward too? Sure, I would have been happy to have been pleasently surprised with something I didn't expect (in that sense, the Ghosts showing up at last, though it wasn't enough in my own opinion), but largely, we got what we expected -- and since everyone is done praising or ranting about their appearances (in this case, ranting), it goes down.

Post count doesn't matter since we're going to pass the month just as we always do, whether we even talk about the chapter all that much or not; and, to my surprise, several people have actually complimented the appearence of the ZAOS, and the chapter itself, the past couple of days.
Old 2011-12-05, 18:15   Link #356
White Silver King
The Isley

I just had an epiphany. My brother was watching on older episode of Pokemon on TV and it had a Pokemon called Shadinja (sp?) and I realized Hysteria looks like a demonic cicada, at least to me. So I'm thinking, while Cassandra and Roxanne duke it out, Deneve will order the weaker warriors (Dietrich, Anastasia, and Nike) to start getting the warriors and trainees out of there and Cynthia and Yuma to heal the injured (Audrey, Nina, and Rachel) while she, Helen, Miria, and the trainees take on Hysteria. They'll gain the upper hand and just when they seem to wind, Hysteria will rip off her lower shell and sacrifice her extra attack power for even more extraordinary speed. Then, I'm guessing, either Clare or Galatea and Miata (I'd prefer the latter) swoop in and save the day and/or help the other escape. Me like...
Old 2011-12-05, 18:41   Link #357
SeanQ

Raki can sense yoki?
Old 2011-12-05, 18:50   Link #358
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Raki can sense yoki?

No, Raki cannot sense yoki.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-05, 18:56   Link #359
SeanQ

I ask this because he seems just as shocked as the claymores on page 6 =p
Old 2011-12-05, 19:02   Link #360
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
I ask this because he seems just as shocked as the claymores on page 6 =p
That's...........actually a very nice insight

He seems more confused then shocked to me....and their are windows in that room, so his shock could just be in seeing what everyone else is seeing...

Still, the possibility is still there -- the idea that Raki could still be a hybrid is still there for those supporting it .