AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-05, 15:12   Link #241
Boukenxha

Spoiler for Hmm I think I sense a pattern (?) from all this talk about the syringe:

Spoiler for my thoughts on the triggers for Keiichi's paranoia.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Okay about the Sevens Mart tip in the TIPS section:
Spoiler for my thoughts about that tip:
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 15:19   Link #242
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Faerie
Ok then, now knowing the huge hint...

Spoiler for title:
That gives me a slight idea. Speculation time again
Spoiler:
Okay, that might be a l'il too farfetched, but still possible.
Old 2006-05-05, 15:46   Link #243
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
That gives me a slight idea. Speculation time again
Spoiler:
Okay, that might be a l'il too farfetched, but still possible.
Possible but not particularly probable (and the first person to quote Sherlock Holmes to me gets a whack from the +4 baseball bat of Loli-slaying )

Spoiler:

Unless additional evidence crops up, I'd say it's easier to assume Chibi has it right.
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 16:36   Link #244
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

*Makes a mental note to not quote Sherlock Holmes when Paranoia is present.* If only more could be seen of all this between those gaps in what happens at parts.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia833
Spoiler for title:
Spoiler for title:

All I know is I wanna see more and find out more about all of this. One thing just seems to lead to another or at most a half a dozen other possibilities...
Chibi_Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 16:45   Link #245
MarmoO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia833
Possible but not particularly probable (and the first person to quote Sherlock Holmes to me gets a whack from the +4 baseball bat of Loli-slaying )

Spoiler:

Unless additional evidence crops up, I'd say it's easier to assume Chibi has it right.
Spoiler:
MarmoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 17:12   Link #246
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
Spoiler:
To get rid of wild speculations: Shion does not make an appearance in Onikakushi-hen.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 17:17   Link #247
MarmoO

Quote:
To get rid of wild speculations: Shion does not make an appearance in Onikakushi-hen
Just now you have ruined my new theory ;(.
MarmoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 23:24   Link #248
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Warrrghh... preparations for comprehensive exams for graduation means I can't spend time thinking about whats going on in this series... definitely following it because of the brilliant creep-out/horror (one of my favourite genres) and the lovable(?) psycho-lolis.

Come to think of it... following on a this blog post, does anyone know the development of the girls-who-go-psycho-on-you trend? Besides Higurashi, there's Kaede of Shuffle, Sakura of Fate Stay Night, the girls of School Days... I'm personally also wondering how the Battle Royale nutcases of Soma Mitsuko and Chigusa Takako fit into this.

PS. If there is a thread somewhere that talks about this please point me there my attempts at searching didn't prove fruitful.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 23:44   Link #249
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Warrrghh... preparations for comprehensive exams for graduation means I can't spend time thinking about whats going on in this series... definitely following it because of the brilliant creep-out/horror (one of my favourite genres) and the lovable(?) psycho-lolis.

Come to think of it... following on a this blog post, does anyone know the development of the girls-who-go-psycho-on-you trend? Besides Higurashi, there's Kaede of Shuffle, Sakura of Fate Stay Night, the girls of School Days... I'm personally also wondering how the Battle Royale nutcases of Soma Mitsuko and Chigusa Takako fit into this.

PS. If there is a thread somewhere that talks about this please point me there my attempts at searching didn't prove fruitful.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=117

Also, this should be useful in this theory discussion page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary_num6er
Spoiler:
Think of other homonyms/synonyms of the word "kantoku" in Japanese. The word "kantoku" can mean a lot of things, you know?

If I were the translator, I wouldn't translate "kantoku" in this sense as "the director." I would use the word...."the manager." What kind of managers are there? It important to keep that in mind as we get to Tatarigoroshi-hen. By the time we get there, "the director" translation will make no complete sense as opposed to "the manager" translation.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 00:27   Link #250
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
And it gets even scarier to know that we have Nevada-tan and Sakakibara in real life.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 00:41   Link #251
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu
And it gets even scarier to know that we have Nevada-tan and Sakakibara in real life.
I don't know about Sakakibara but Nevada-tan herself was definitely influenced by Battle Royale. Perhaps the audience that latched onto the Nevada-tan phenomenon is the same audience that was attracted to the psycho-girls of Battle Royale in the first place... As such, kj1980... do you know if there's any relation between BR (published 1999) and Higurashi (released 2002) itself?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 01:50   Link #252
Morgri

Spoiler:
Morgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 01:53   Link #253
FubaredByAnime

It's too dead here, so I'm going to add some speculation, whether I believe any of it or not.

Spoiler:
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 02:13   Link #254
Sindas
Rinshan Kaiho

Hi, this is my first post at the AnimeSuki board.
I actually joined this board only for Higurashi... this show makes me insane, I can't wait for the next episode...

Well in the end I joined because I wanted to be part of this great speculation circle. For me Higurashi is not only a great anime but half of its fun come from the speculations you can get out of it.

PS: I'm French Canadian so plz forgive the English mistakes, I know I make a lot.

Now then for my own speculation:

Spoiler for Speculation about Onikakushi-hen:

Well I had fun writing this, now that I look at it, it's super long... sorry about that, it's just that I really like this show.
Please tell me what you think about this...

Last edited by Sindas; 2006-05-06 at 02:34.
Sindas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 03:32   Link #255
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Hello everybody, I'm a first time poster as well, I've been lurking around a bit though I decided to join up the conversation and speculation on this amazing and intriguing anime.

Anyway, onto speculations, I mostly agree with Sindas' theory, especially on the bit regarding

Spoiler for speculation on Onikakushi-hen's theories:

And that's it. I won't be speculating anything yet on Watanagashi-hen till the whole chapter will have concluded as well, unless it gives some interesting hint regarding Onikakushi-hen of course. ^_^
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 10:42   Link #256
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
Hello everybody, I'm a first time poster as well, I've been lurking around a bit though I decided to join up the conversation and speculation on this amazing and intriguing anime.

Anyway, onto speculations, I mostly agree with Sindas' theory, especially on the bit regarding

Spoiler for speculation on Onikakushi-hen's theories:

And that's it. I won't be speculating anything yet on Watanagashi-hen till the whole chapter will have concluded as well, unless it gives some interesting hint regarding Onikakushi-hen of course. ^_^
I agree with the flower falling scene... I didn't notice it until I was watching the first two episodes again on my iPod with my friend in English..

Hehe... I made her another Higurashi fan. She's depressed because we probably wont have time to watch it in class next week. (There is a lot of testing going on for people so classes are small.) Aha... I've also been drawing psycho pictures in class... with friends. My Japanese teacher was kind of worried and said "I don't know if I should look at this as a red-flag... and tell someone about it." I was drawing the scene from the opening of episode five, and I told my friend to draw a girl killing herself (a very pretty picture).

I'm starting to get very interested in Satoko... I can't wait to see more about her~ I wonder when we should learn more about Satoko.

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 12:17   Link #257
Freakman

Satoko's chapter is Tatarigoroshi, which should be eps 9-12 if they keep up that 4 eps/ chapter speed.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 16:20   Link #258
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindas
Hi, this is my first post at the AnimeSuki board.
I actually joined this board only for Higurashi... this show makes me insane, I can't wait for the next episode...

Well in the end I joined because I wanted to be part of this great speculation circle. For me Higurashi is not only a great anime but half of its fun come from the speculations you can get out of it.

PS: I'm French Canadian so plz forgive the English mistakes, I know I make a lot.

Now then for my own speculation:

Spoiler for Speculation about Onikakushi-hen:

Well I had fun writing this, now that I look at it, it's super long... sorry about that, it's just that I really like this show.
Please tell me what you think about this...
So far Sindas's scenario is pretty plausible. It explains how benevolent intent is severely misinterpreted by Keiichi as malevolent.

When Sindas asked the
"The BIG thing that this theory can't explain: why the note was cut and why the "syringe" or "marker" disappeared"
"
If you read Imaginary_num6er's post from:
(http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=121 )

Look at the second and last spoiler tab below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary_num6er
Ok, I've been surfing the net and relized once again, that animesuki forums is the only serious place for series discussion. (That other place that starts with a 4 was a mistake.)

First of all, there are a few assumptions one needs to make before I give my asssumptions about the entire case in ep04. Remember, EVERY SCENE in the anime has a reason to it. Obviously, there are tons of Japanese websites dedictaed to this stuff.

Spoiler for Assumptions:

With that said, lets go look at some of the clues we have.
Spoiler for The entire page what Keiichi wrote (from ep03):

Spoiler for Question: Who could have taken the note paper?:

Spoiler for Question: What was inside the syringe?:

Spoiler for Other Mysteries::
To me if you look at the last tab [spoiler=Other Mysteries:]:

Spoiler:

Last edited by SvenTheSweeper; 2006-05-08 at 09:16.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 16:32   Link #259
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

I don’t if this is important, but so far for Episodes 1-4, I haven’t seen an explanation for why Keiichi and his parents moved to Hinamizawa.

Which leads to the question of- Was it random or is there a reason for moving? Maybe this question won’t matter when the show is over, but I am wondering if there’s a connection with Keiichi or his family to the place.

Moving to a new town and having your life go down the toilet like his did can’t be totally random, can it?
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 18:00   Link #260
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenTheSweeper
I don’t if this is important, but so far for Episodes 1-4, I haven’t seen an explanation for why Keiichi and his parents moved to Hinamizawa.

Which leads to the question of- Was it random or is there a reason for moving? Maybe this question won’t matter when the show is over, but I am wondering if there’s a connection with Keiichi or his family to the place.

Moving to a new town and having your life go down the toilet like his did can’t be totally random, can it?
There's a reason, but you won't get the details until Tsumihoroboshi (hopefully).

For now, all you need to know is that Keiichi's father is an artist who moved with his family from the urban city to the countryside as a change of pace in lifestyle.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote