Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 10:11   Link #2401
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
And I have every right to complain about it as much as you people have the 'right' to talk about it. I'd rather not have all the posts in this thread become "[insert character] is so kawaii! I wish I could see her in an onsen picture! xD" when I'm browsing threads for discussion. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I'll be vocal about it. I tend to see the excessive fanservice demands like every page in this thread, and I'm politely asking you guys tone it down a notch. Waifu discussions are not allowed in these threads for a reason, after all.
Yet complaining is the option that makes everybody miserable. We aren't hurting anybody by making a handful of posts talking about the lack of Kurumi in the upcoming round of artwork, nor are we hurting anybody by talking about how we'd like to see her in the faservice images that many fans already talk about. I'm asking that you don't throw the thread into a fuss, like this one, because people wanted to talk about something. There was no disruption until you "became vocal about it," and the fanservice talk would have faded away again just like normal if you'd let it be.
And I actually see waifu discussions around the forum now and then still......

Quote:
The problem is the first impression, though. If the Big Bad Organization doesn't come off as very interesting as far as their 'vague' motives go, the audience wouldn't really care much for them since the villains that are supposed to drive the plot are just so bland.
On the other hand, if the bad guys just reveal their hand for everyone to see too soon or right off the bat, it kills future bombshells.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:22   Link #2402
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yet complaining is the option that makes everybody miserable. We aren't hurting anybody by making a handful of posts talking about the lack of Kurumi in the upcoming round of artwork, nor are we hurting anybody by talking about how we'd like to see her in the faservice images that many fans already talk about. I'm asking that you don't throw the thread into a fuss, like this one, because people wanted to talk about something. There was no disruption until you "became vocal about it," and the fanservice talk would have faded away again just like normal if you'd let it be.
And I actually see waifu discussions around the forum now and then still......
The thing about waifu/fanservice "discussions" is that it could drive out the people who would otherwise be interested in this series from the premise since it's a lot like TWGOK- Then they could see the threads, and have them conclude it as something like TLRD, where everything is literally pandering. You are most certainly hurting than helping the community.

And waifu discussions are here and there, but that's mostly because the mods aren't omnipresent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
On the other hand, if the bad guys just reveal their hand for everyone to see too soon or right off the bat, it kills future bombshells.
No, it won't. If they leave something as vague as it is, they can just go off on something and it won't contradict any speculation because it was so vague in the first place, and result in a net outcome that was neither surprising nor all that exciting- As on the other hand, if they did specify their goals a bit, but then there was a twist that went against the speculations, it would serve as more of a bombshell than the former.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:39   Link #2403
Algester

http://www.compileheart.com/date/yoyaku.html AS I SAID... for people who want a dose of Kurumi... you have to get a PS3... orz... NOT I DONT KNOW DONT ASK ME @_@.... sigh....

and then next thing we know it what remains of the first spirit became DEM's military hardware... that may or may not end up with Origami using it...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:53   Link #2404
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
The thing about waifu/fanservice "discussions" is that it could drive out the people who would otherwise be interested in this series from the premise since it's a lot like TWGOK- Then they could see the threads, and have them conclude it as something like TLRD, where everything is literally pandering. You are most certainly hurting than helping the community.
I actually do understand this, though through personal experience I've found that people like this who would judge, and be scared off by, a series simply because of talk about waifus or fanservice, are generally the kind who would disrupt the thread themselves with posts of "I hate fanservice/harems" every other page anyway after getting interested in the novel/manga/anime, reading/watching it, and seeing things like this or this. So, a. if waifu/fanservice talk is enough to "scare" them off, reading the novels past the front cover and finding those opener pics will scare them off anyway, and b. they wouldn't exactly be the kind of company we want anyway.
If they're really interested or want to know what the series is like, they can, and should, just ask. If they really don't like fanservice or waifus, a glimpse of the novels will drive them off regardless of the thread discussion they see.
Let's face it, Date A Live may have a plot, but the fanservice/waifu haters rarely ever care about a good plot or not when it has the aforementioned elements in it, which DAL does. It's a harem romcom with plenty of fanservice, and each girl is designed to attract fans to these waifus. If people really can't get themselves past any fanservice or waifu discussions, the novels (and anime) will just scare them away all the same.

Quote:
And waifu discussions are here and there, but that's mostly because the mods aren't omnipresent.
I don't know about that, they manage to scoop up just about everything else that deviates.

Quote:
No, it won't. If they leave something as vague as it is, they can just go off on something and it won't contradict any speculation because it was so vague in the first place, and result in a net outcome that was neither surprising nor all that exciting- As on the other hand, if they did specify their goals a bit, but then there was a twist that went against the speculations, it would serve as more of a bombshell than the former.
What's stopping them from revealing the twist if they just hold back the whole thing with it? That way it's a bigger bomb.
My point is, just because they made some hints at the main bad guy's endgame doesn't mean that we should rate his villain originality yet. There's still a ways to go, and chances are we'll get some of those twists and bombshells we want. At the very least, I doubt the author is so unoriginal that he'd use the Dark Touka trick again for the finale, so we can expect something other than "main bad guy's big plan is to turn the heroine into a destructive monster."
Old 2013-04-22, 12:44   Link #2405
Marly
>AS

Spoiler:

But anyways, all I'm asking is that you guys tone it down a bit. Don't act like "OMG I LOVE THIS FANART SHES SO HAWT WHY DOESNT SHE HAVE AN OFFICIAL ART OF HER YET xD" all the time because that really degrades the community's quality by a lot. It's not too much to ask for, I hope.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 13:32   Link #2406
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Well, the thing about vague goals is that it doesn't really give the villains that impression of looming presence that specified goals would otherwise- The audience sort of accepts that the Big Bad is a thing, and that's the extent of it. If DEM was more actively involved in the plot, and their intents were a little bit more clear, it would feel like their actions actually hold meaning rather than them just being 'bad' for the sake of being villains. Westcott's only specified step of his vague goal (making Dark Touka to 'overthrow the laws of the world') failed the same minute it was mentioned too, which only serves to just lower DEM's villainy significance. Though until Volume 8 is released, I suppose I'll digress on this argument.
Well it should be automatically assumed that, being the bad guys, they're involved in the plot and their actions have meaning. By keeping their goals vague until the right time, maybe revealing bits over time (like the author looks like he's doing here), you keep up the suspense instead of showing their hand too soonwhile preparing a good bombshell.
It's clear the failure with Dark Touka was of no big consequence since Wescott obviously didn't care whether she killed everybody or was defeated. (evidenced by how he left without caring about the result past making Touka go "dark")

When is volume 8 coming out anyway? (I thought volume 7 as just released on March 19th)

Quote:
But anyways, all I'm asking is that you guys tone it down a bit. Don't act like "OMG I LOVE THIS FANART SHES SO HAWT WHY DOESNT SHE HAVE AN OFFICIAL ART OF HER YET xD" all the time because that really degrades the community's quality by a lot. It's not too much to ask for, I hope.
That in itself is no problem. If that were the real problem.

But I don't want to argue this until the end of time. (hence why I'm only replying to this part of your post) I have no problem not blasting fanservice lines "all the time" (though that isn't what was happening anyway), and I'm sure the others don't.

Just remember the cold hard facts; Date A Live is a fanservicey harem romcom, whose characters were designed for the whole waifu thing. People won't, nor should they be forced or bugged to, just stop talking about it. They have all that special fanservicey art coming out with the vol. 1 BD/DVD for a reason, and we have a right to discuss it and other such things.

I've been down this part of the road too before; people who have asked for mere toning down of the fanservice talk try to shut it back down the very next post of it they see. As long as that's not what happens, it's good enough I guess.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:55   Link #2407
Znail

Quote:

And here I thought you were complainging about the series because you wanted to drive viewers/readers away from it. You have to realise that posts with complaints are much more likely to drive people away then someone posting appreciative posts about the female characters.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 20:02   Link #2408
darkmaster1928

I have a question.
In all the pictures we can see a small white circle in the eyes of spirits ( even kotori had them before we knew she was one). But kurumi is the only one that has a normal red eye without the white. Is this because she has her clock eye? or she is just diferent from the others.
darkmaster1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 20:17   Link #2409
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster1928 View Post
I have a question.
In all the pictures we can see a small white circle in the eyes of spirits ( even kotori had them before we knew she was one). But kurumi is the only one that has a normal red eye without the white. Is this because she has her clock eye? or she is just diferent from the others.
Hmm, you're right. Though I don't believe anything has actualy been said about that having any significance, unless it simply hasn't been revealed/pointed out in-story yet.
Old 2013-04-22, 20:36   Link #2410
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think the non-plot discussions are fine. There really isn't much to talk about plot wise in between releases. I mean, where else would the DAL merchandise talk go to (until the forum restructure)? Its not like people are being unfriendly or interfering with an ongoing discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster1928 View Post
I have a question.
I think that's how the eyes are drawn.
Spoiler:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:50   Link #2411
Miraluka
Banned

The first doujin of the series has been uploaded, its in chinnesse, though.

Spoiler for name:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 23:12   Link #2412
haseo0408

Hey guys, any news to when volume 8 will come out?. I can´t hardly wait to see how this story goes one.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 02:38   Link #2413
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Hey guys, any news to when volume 8 will come out?. I can´t hardly wait to see how this story goes one.
Don't get too worked up with waiting for volume 8; volume 7 just came out last month on the 19th, and the gap between relaeses is around 4-5 months. (occasionally as low as three) So at the very least we still have another two months before volume 8 comes out. (more likely three or four)

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be going into Kurumi withdrawal for a lot longer than that since she left again at the end of volume 7. *sob* Unless she's kind and graces us with her presence again in voume 8.
On the other hand, I'll have the anime and upcoming PS3 game to keep up my fix for a bit.
Old 2013-04-23, 06:16   Link #2414
sky black swordman

^ Well volume 9 is schedule to be released in December. The reason we know this is due to the OVA or the unaired episode 13 being bundled together with volume 9. So I think it will be about 4 months before volume 8 comes out.

On another topic, judging from the PV of episode 5 the Yoshino volume should be done with. So how will anime go about dividing the remaining 7 episodes ?

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-04-23 at 08:04.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 09:00   Link #2415
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The kurumi and kotori stories are bundled together.
Having Shidou kiss Kotori would be a nice end to the series.
Old 2013-04-23, 09:29   Link #2416
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The kurumi and kotori stories are bundled together.
Having Shidou kiss Kotori would be a nice end to the series.
Tha was one girl she never thought he would have to deal with in the romantic level, but yeah but I heard the Itsuka Sister arc will have the right amount of drama and action to give adaptation the final touch.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 09:46   Link #2417
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

So far I like Kotori's dress the most, followed by maybe Miku's. Would love to see it in action.
They need to keep the line where Kotori tells Mana how real siblings cannot get married.

Kotori's birthday (the short story) makes a great OVA....
Old 2013-04-23, 09:50   Link #2418
Ultragunner

IMHO, Kurumi's dress is da best!!! Hell, she IS the best!!!
Just my opinion
It would have been nice if they make a 24-26 eps though
Old 2013-04-23, 10:49   Link #2419
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
IMHO, Kurumi's dress is da best!!! Hell, she IS the best!!!
Just my opinion
It would have been nice if they make a 24-26 eps though
You realize that if the anime was 2 cour then there wouldn't be a second season for several years until the are more novels/material that can be used. I really wished that they didn't rush this series though. They are removing some of the funny/best parts of the novels.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 11:17   Link #2420
Ultragunner

that's my point, they really rush with the anime =_=. oh well, can't do anything about that. What depresses me even more is that the game (99.999999%) won't get an english version ,

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy