AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 01:53   Link #15141
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
[QUOTE=DezoPenguin;2592555]Man, I have to keep posting one of these per day or they get totally lost in the backlog! *pauses to wave hi to Seraph!*

Spoiler for Blood & Spirit--Chapter 10:

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying this story ^^. The intrigue, the conflict, the dialogue, the humor. It wouldn't do the story any justice to nitpick it. I mean worse comes to worse, add Whoopie. :P

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 06:51   Link #15142
darkalpha

Sometimes I wonder how all you guys manage to churn a fic after another. Granted, not all of them might interest me but I still admire your efforts nonethless.

For me, I love to come up with fic *ideas* but I can never seem to turn them into story. Procransciation aside, I've had only one fic idea turn into a story (which I'm writing slowly on and off), and that was after last 2-3 years of obession of trying to turn it into a story (went thru at least 4 plot rewrites actually). All other ideas just stay ideas because I can't seem to turn them into stories.

How do you guys do it? I admit, I used to be better at this, but after being in hiatus for most of the decade, I seem to have lost my touch.

I do plan to post the ch1 of the fic I've been working on here one day, just as soon as I've got some progress on the 2nd chapter.
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 10:27   Link #15143
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Man, I have to keep posting one of these per day or they get totally lost in the backlog! *pauses to wave hi to Seraph!*

Spoiler for Blood & Spirit--Chapter 10:

Spoiler for Notes:

Previously (Two In A Row!! *happy dance*):

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Ahhhhh, but I do love a good suspense building.

Morris comes across as quite the mad scientist; in a way he reminds me of Precia and Jail, which is always a good thing. I'm still curious as to what it is he's trying to do, exactly, and what role Suzuka plays in it, but I suppose that will all be revealed in time, won't it?

The interrogation of Shizimu was very well written, though I suggest Noel be careful of how many times she uses the stick instead of the carrot. I understand her feelings on the matter, but one day she could really blow something if she goes in so hardcore.

And of course, you had to end it with that cliffhanger. You evil author, you. Well, at least I know you're updating daily.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:32   Link #15144
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalpha View Post
Sometimes I wonder how all you guys manage to churn a fic after another. Granted, not all of them might interest me but I still admire your efforts nonethless.

For me, I love to come up with fic *ideas* but I can never seem to turn them into story. Procransciation aside, I've had only one fic idea turn into a story (which I'm writing slowly on and off), and that was after last 2-3 years of obession of trying to turn it into a story (went thru at least 4 plot rewrites actually). All other ideas just stay ideas because I can't seem to turn them into stories.

How do you guys do it? I admit, I used to be better at this, but after being in hiatus for most of the decade, I seem to have lost my touch.

I do plan to post the ch1 of the fic I've been working on here one day, just as soon as I've got some progress on the 2nd chapter.

Well, to be honest, you can go to my FF.Net page and see for yourself some of my fics... (check my sig)

It took me over SIX YEARS to finish my longest story on there. (Just because I wanted to see it end, I honestly did.)

For me though, I just have a lot of imagination that can build up and I practice a lot.

When my muse doesn't wanna work for something, I either switch to something else or wait till my muse comes back for writing more.

I just keep trying, that's all.

Can't say for the rest though.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 10:34   Link #15145
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

For me, a matter of a lot of time and a lot of patience.

I have an idea, I develop it, and I carry it until the end. Even if I lose interest in it for awhile and leave it alone (Bless the Broken Road currently, though I'm starting to feel the bunnies stir), my interest for it always comes back and I just pick it up again.

It's basically just keep trying until you reach the point of no return. And in my case, sometimes I just have way too many ideas and not enough time to write them all down.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:47   Link #15146
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
(Bless the Broken Road currently,
Quote:
though I'm starting to feel the bunnies stir)

@darkalpha: Planning, persistence and sheer stubbornness. Also, doing small things when I can't do my ongoing stuff can knock the dust off. I mean to do another short here at some point....today...? *hides*
Old 2009-08-20, 11:15   Link #15147
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

Ku ku ku ku. I- actually I'm completely the wrong person to talk about this. I'm incapable of actually finishing anything I start.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 11:16   Link #15148
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Did I hear mention of BtBR plotbunnies raising their fuzzy heads?

Anyway, might as well get the daily update for today out of the way now, for lunch. I had a lot of fun with this chapter. Six Badass Longcoated assassins fighting a Schoolgirl Lesbian Vampire and a Ninja Robot Maid. It's like a Choose Your Own Fetish chapter!

Actually, I've noticed that a lot of this fic seems to be turning out that way. I think I'm channeling my inner Hayate.

Spoiler for Blood & Spirit -- Chapter 11:

Spoiler for Notes:

Previous chapters:

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 12:28   Link #15149
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Did I hear mention of BtBR plotbunnies raising their fuzzy heads?

Anyway, might as well get the daily update for today out of the way now, for lunch. I had a lot of fun with this chapter. Six Badass Longcoated assassins fighting a Schoolgirl Lesbian Vampire and a Ninja Robot Maid. It's like a Choose Your Own Fetish chapter!

Actually, I've noticed that a lot of this fic seems to be turning out that way. I think I'm channeling my inner Hayate.

Spoiler for Blood & Spirit -- Chapter 11:

Spoiler for Notes:

Previous chapters:

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
O__O

That was...

Gruesome...

Caught again, eh? I take it Noel will be rightly pissed off at this point; not only is Suzuka gone, but I get the sneaking feeling that Falin is either dead or as close to dead as a cyborg maid can be, and that's going to really annoy the one programmed to be her "big sister". Not to mention Arisa, now that she no longer has a physical body, is quite capable of putting down the pain when she wants to...

Going to be interesting!

Nice play on Arisa's possible future rep.

I look forward to the next daily update.
Old 2009-08-20, 12:50   Link #15150
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm just waiting for ghost!Arisa to finally light someone on fire.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:01   Link #15151
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Got a message from Junkedcat. He said life has been hectic. Along with school and work, he's had no time to do anything. Landscaper!Fate was taken down because he felt he didn't want to keep a half-finished "dead" fic up with teasers for new chapters. BUT he did say he still thought about it, so here's hoping, ne?

Well, In JC's honor, here's a Richgirl!Nanoha short. (For those of you who don't know, Richgirl!Nanoha is a spin-off of Landscaper!Fate made with JC's permission and support ^_^ All character personalities and plot and stuff were made by JunkedCat). First person POV, by Nanoha
Spoiler for Richgirl!Nanoha:

The bear RETURNS!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:15   Link #15152
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Got a message from Junkedcat. He said life has been hectic. Along with school and work, he's had no time to do anything. Landscaper!Fate was taken down because he felt he didn't want to keep a half-finished "dead" fic up with teasers for new chapters. BUT he did say he still thought about it, so here's hoping, ne?

Well, In JC's honor, here's a Richgirl!Nanoha short. (For those of you who don't know, Richgirl!Nanoha is a spin-off of Landscaper!Fate made with JC's permission and support ^_^ All character personalities and plot and stuff were made by JunkedCat). First person POV, by Nanoha
Spoiler for Richgirl!Nanoha:

The bear RETURNS!
XD I remember that bear! Then again, I *WAS* reading the fic in question just the other day, so...

Old 2009-08-20, 13:18   Link #15153
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Which fic? After all, Etaf's appeared in a few of Satashi's works.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:31   Link #15154
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Which fic? After all, Etaf's appeared in a few of Satashi's works.
This one.

10charlimit

Old 2009-08-20, 15:39   Link #15155
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
This one.

10charlimit
XD Good ol shoujo-ai. I put all my pretty cure fics there before I had the category made at FF.N for it. They emailed me requesting to host my Nanoha ones as well a while later :3

As for Etaf.... I dunno how many fics it's in :3 I just love that bear for some reason @_@ I thought it'd be a good dedication to Junkedcat's L!F * I miss that fic... the only Favourite I had on FF.N*
Old 2009-08-20, 15:40   Link #15156
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
XD Good ol shoujo-ai. I put all my pretty cure fics there before I had the category made at FF.N for it. They emailed me requesting to host my Nanoha ones as well a while later :3

As for Etaf.... I dunno how many fics it's in :3 I just love that bear for some reason @_@
That bear is good. :3

Old 2009-08-20, 15:53   Link #15157
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:
snip

Hahaha, that was a fun chapter. x_x Now I get to wait for more, so take the time you need. No real discrepancies tho i did wonder about the rest of Suzuka's family or even the ninja baker's. Wonder how they will factor in later. Nanoha not withstanding. Well, waiting is the fun part, too . I also agree with the sentiment of catching someone on fire, hehe.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2009-08-20 at 16:15.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 17:40   Link #15158
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Okay, so, I need a title for my Miyuki/Nanoha fic that's coming up. I can't think of anything. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for it?
Old 2009-08-20, 17:45   Link #15159
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sisters. Simple, tickles the curiosity, and yet explains the fic while leaving its true nature hidden.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 17:59   Link #15160
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Okay, so, I need a title for my Miyuki/Nanoha fic that's coming up. I can't think of anything. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Sisters. Simple, tickles the curiosity, and yet explains the fic while leaving its true nature hidden.
I agree with Keroko-chan on this one

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha