AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 01:21   Link #601
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Looks like we had had some expectations about the OST.

IMHO, AniSong is AniSong, I didn't expect them to be great, astounding, etc.
Darth Atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 08:37   Link #602
onemadcow

K-On sales watch day 3 - Go!Go! Maniac 12.9k (total 61.5k), Listen!! 11.5k (total 57k).
100k for GGM this week is still not an impossibility...
Both singles will outsell their predecessor's first week performance handily (was 66k & 61k).
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 10:56   Link #603
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Cute girls who play their own instruments and rock are pretty much an automatic win (animated "K-On!" or real life "ZONE") in my book. But because its *fun*, not because I think it stretches any boundaries anywhere. Some of the real lifers are wonderful expressionist guitarists (Joan Jett, Lita Ford, etc). People who put a lot energy into their music even if it isn't technically astounding
If you ask me, music sounds better if the player is having fun playing it. That's why some people interpret rock, metal and trance/hip-hop/rap as music rather than noise, and classical concerts tend to sound boring most of the time.

Music is an expression of emotion. Whatever feelings you channel into it, it will exactly be like what it sounds.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 11:56   Link #604
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
and classical concerts tend to sound boring most of the time.
I take offense on that! What makes you think the players are not having fun? You don't need to destroy half the stage to demonstrate your joy you know.

I went to see lang lang the other day playing with the Milwaukee Symphonic Orchestra playing Prokofieff Piano Concerto no. 2. I cannot say it's the best piano concerto i've ever heard, but boy wasn't it fun!! Lang lang and the orchestra were having the time of their lives.

Last edited by Proto; 2010-04-30 at 14:20.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 13:43   Link #605
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
My favourite classical composition is "4'33"" by John Cage. It was like the "Endless Eight" of its day.
Old 2010-04-30, 14:40   Link #606
sunwen

GGM is YUI insanity like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16Kp...os=qXjfgHPb4OU
sunwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 15:46   Link #607
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
My favourite classical composition is "4'33"" by John Cage. It was like the "Endless Eight" of its day.
Its still a hoot when someone plays it on the radio.
Old 2010-04-30, 18:47   Link #608
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Never heard that one before. I wonder what my Grandfather thought of it, since he was a conductor to about 1990 or so. Or if he'd even heard of it.

And that would be a weird thing to find on the radio, in the middle of it.
Old 2010-04-30, 18:48   Link #609
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Was in Bic Camera in Kyoto a couple of days ago, and picked up a copy of Go! Go! Maniac and Listen!!. I'm happy.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 20:25   Link #610
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

TV Asahi Music Station

Poor Jpop singer guests on the show, they had to sit and watch an anime OP/ED sang by voice actresses slaughter their CD singles by more than triple the sales figure.

And the grim-faced hosts didn't even talk about it, shrugged it off like they didn't see anything. And even though it was 1st & 2nd, K-ON songs had the least air time.
Old 2010-04-30, 20:33   Link #611
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
TV Asahi Music Station

Poor Jpop singer guests on the show, they had to sit and watch an anime OP/ED sang by voice actresses slaughter their CD singles by more than triple the sales figure.

And the grim-faced hosts didn't even talk about it, shrugged it off like they didn't see anything. And even though it was 1st & 2nd, K-ON songs had the least air time.
This amuses me greatly... one corporate Machine being derailed by another smaller corporate Machine.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:58   Link #612
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
The UK had an example of that last Christmas. Due to a Facebook campaign, Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name" became Christmas #1, breaking a decade-long tradition where the #1 would always be the winner of a Simon Cowell talent show. Despite that, all the radio stations and TV shows still played the talent show single in its entirety, and would either ignore Rage Against the Machine completely or play about 8 seconds of them.
Old 2010-05-01, 12:59   Link #613
onemadcow

K-On sales watch day 4 - Go!Go! Maniac: 7.6k (69.1k total), Listen! 7k (64k total).
If the single trends the way Lazy & Cagayake did, the final totals for the week should be in the mid to upper 80's for both singles.

And as for Music Station, Tamori (the yakuza looking dude) always looks that grim. I've watched that show for nearly 2o years, and he has NEVER changed. If I remember right, though, when Hare Hare Yukai caught everyone off guard, they did have Aya on their show...
Old 2010-05-02, 01:32   Link #614
Animexcel

I don't like Go Go Maniac. It's not a memorable song. The melody is everywhere, it sounds like they improv'd something outta their butts.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 01:45   Link #615
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
And as for Music Station, Tamori (the yakuza looking dude) always looks that grim. I've watched that show for nearly 2o years, and he has NEVER changed. If I remember right, though, when Hare Hare Yukai caught everyone off guard, they did have Aya on their show...
Well, Tamori looks grim on pretty much any show, but he did smile a few times on the old Waratte iitomo! TV show
It doesn't excuse him from being made of fun in a fitting situation like this.
Old 2010-05-02, 02:55   Link #616
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I take offense on that! What makes you think the players are not having fun? You don't need to destroy half the stage to demonstrate your joy you know.

I went to see lang lang the other day playing with the Milwaukee Symphonic Orchestra playing Prokofieff Piano Concerto no. 2. I cannot say it's the best piano concerto i've ever heard, but boy wasn't it fun!! Lang lang and the orchestra were having the time of their lives.
Probably I have been through so many classical musical concerts in my life as a member, backstage sound, and audience that made it boring. It is always the same old pieces that are being played, Beethoven, Handel, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Lizst, etc.

The song I swear I wouldn't want to hear again being played is Four Seasons. I swear, I can sleep once 1 minute into the song itself, regardless whether I am playing or watching.

And most of them I have met have no other interests than classical genre, and these people like to downplay the popularity of pop as a result of marketing and herd effect. Hello? People don't buy K-ON! music CDs out of peer pressure, they make good music too (though I must admit, I wouldn't exactly buy if Azunyan didn't look that cute on the cover).

Music is music. The genre is there only for classification purposes, otherwise notes are still being played.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 11:54   Link #617
onemadcow

K-On sales watch day 5 - Go!Go! Maniac 6.8k (75.9k total), Listen! 5.9k (69.9k total).
Weekly figures due out tuesday, and then the daily updates will stop. ^_^
Old 2010-05-02, 17:16   Link #618
Kudryavka

Wow, a TV series opening theme beating out serious music artists? Very interesting, to say the least. I'd lol if this turned up in history books:
Quote:
In the beginning of the twenty-first century, it wasn't unheard of for musical singles of opening themes for television shows to sell thousands copies more than music by professional artists. This shows how the public's preferences had shifted from radio to television.

Fictional group After School Tea Time released a four
track single of K-ON!!'s opening theme,
"GO! GO! MANIAC", in April 2010. The single went on
to top the Oricon charts, selling over 70,000 copies
within the first five days of release.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 23:23   Link #619
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Wow, a TV series opening theme beating out serious music artists? Very interesting, to say the least. I'd lol if this turned up in history books:
Wow, I dunno what to think of this. I like K-On, but man.. this song?
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 03:50   Link #620
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
They probably already have.

The HTT mini-album that was released last year (the one containing the four insert songs) became the first anime-related album ever to reach #1.

I'm sure that if they release another one of these albums, it will sell even more.