AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-05, 00:14   Link #41
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I've seen it now. Certainly reminded me so much of TTGL. Blade is like Kamina while Cruz is like Simon. But I highly prefer the TTGL ones.

It was an interesting and enjoyable episode for me. It's too fast paced though. But well, it's the usual GAR shounen I guess.

I like the blonde boy. Seems cute and he's somewhat like a magician? *a sucker for magicians And Cruz's sister . . . I blame Code Geass C.C. for making me attracted to green haired women O_O
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 00:23   Link #42
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that was about as subtle as a swift kick in the nuts and as confused as Sarah Palin in a bookstore. But it was sort of fun. One thing can be said for certain based on 2009's offerings - TTGL is surely one of the most popular viewing choices for animators and character designers in today's anime industry.

That ED... I hardly know where to begin. A lesbo-tacular of galactic proportions, with just about every fetish you could ask for as long as it involves underage females. Where the hell that comes from after watching the actual episode I have no idea, but I'm not one to complain about such things.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 03:00   Link #43
Jerseykid

I only want to watch the show in the ED now.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 03:11   Link #44
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
but I'm not one to complain about such things.
Which is exactly the best mentality to take after!
The ED is spectacular in its own rights which is amplified due to it having nothing to do with the actual series (or at least now anyway).

Good to see more people watching and liking this now that it's subbed.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 04:08   Link #45
Sides

Wow this series is actually pretty good, if you switch off your brain. I'm going to keep watching it. I didn't read the manga, but it seems that the series isn't taken itself that serious and it looks like it is making fun off gernes which are (currently) popular.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 04:13   Link #46
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Anime's pretty cool. It's like Guilty Gear(hard rock music, strange "weapons") crossed with TTGL (character designs & GAR level) and s-CRY-ed (strange phenomenon that gives people super powers). I sure hope the kid grows some balls and starts kicking ass. Blade is Kamina on steroids, Eve is a cross between Jam and Milia. The ED, was unexpected, but by looking at the OP, maybe those three girls are actually ONE entity, or can combine into one. In the OP, right after they appear, they show some strange creature with three glowing red eyes. If thats true, that would at least explain why they can't keep their hands (and feet, and boobs, and mouths and butts) off each other.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 04:21   Link #47
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think a bit too many people are givign GL a bit too much credit here.. you know considering this manga came out 3 years before Gurren Lagann... and the character designs, archetypes and actions are exactly the same in the anime version.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 04:47   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I think a bit too many people are givign GL a bit too much credit here.. you know considering this manga came out 3 years before Gurren Lagann... and the character designs, archetypes and actions are exactly the same in the anime version.
Not to mention that we've seen the 'week boy main character saved by manly man' formula oh so much over the many years.

Anyway, here's another person who absolutely loved the first episode. It was the right level of over the top, mixed in with the Shonen genre, making this such a fun ride. I can see the people who didn't like this first episode are the ones who aren't that big on the genre, so that's understandable, though for people like myself, we'll eat this up completely.

Also looks like that i have my Takehito Koyasu show for the season. He hasn't done a role like this in a while, so it's a good come back. Gotta love the hidden in joke that he's called Adam, and Eve's name.

It's no surprise that Sakoi Masayuki is directed this. It has Kamen no Maid Guy written all over it.
Old 2009-07-05, 05:21   Link #49
TrueKnight

Well true about the TtGL over credit part but you see Lagann had this charm that kept people (in Asuki at least) on referring them all the time when a manly show pops up. People should’ve referred other hotblood anime characters like Domon’s G gundam or Kazuma’s Scyred or Guilty Gear that came out before manga Needless. But like me, super robot TtGL had somewhat set a new benchmark for people to refer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro
Eve is a cross between Jam and Milia.
Maybe Jam but definitely not Millia. So far character wise Eve is shown as a douchebag, kinda like Jam. Maybe the C.C loli girl will be Millia-esque. Who knows?

Anyway storyline wise we’re having an evil gigantic Resident Evil-like pharmaceutical company Simeon constructed over Black Spots and is hunting for Needless. Who or what these Needless’ are will probably be explained in later eps. My guess is they’re mutants produced as direct impact from WW III’s radiation weaponry….or maybe from Simeon.

Ability wise they have X-Men like powers, Adam Blade: Mimic Zero whatever, Eve whatshername: Doppleganger, Yellow dude: Spider thread, Cruz: crying and being useless. And about the lesbian girls well I don’t think they’re actually one seeing some of them had different weapon styles, but that’s also speculation I guess.

The most wtf moment I had besides the ED, was Adam picking a grenade out of his bible or book lol.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 05:37   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Guilty gear...now that is an interesting connection to make (a good one at that ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
The most wtf moment I had besides the ED, was Adam picking a grenade out of his bible or book lol.
It was a bible and you've just reminded me of what this series remind me of. Hellsing and Blade is Mr Anderson

Just imagine that grenade in his bible as he screams "AMENNN!" and purges all evil heretics with that manly/psycho grin! XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 05:52   Link #51
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I only want to watch the show in the ED now.
I second that

But seriously for shounen and GG/TTGL rip-off it was actually enjoyable, at least it kept me awake last night, while after the ED, I decided to have a drink out

By the way to whoever was surprised a couple of pages ago, because this show was animated from MADHOUSE, should I remind him Maido Guy
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 06:06   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
But seriously for shounen and GG/TTGL rip-off it
The Needless manga started in 2004. So if anything Gurren Lagann would be the rip-off, but it's not. There's no such thing as a rip-off with these two shows, because the similarity is so damn tiny, there's no connection between the two shows.

Quote:
By the way to whoever was surprised a couple of pages ago, because this show was animated from MADHOUSE, should I remind him Maido Guy
& like i've already mentioned, they're both by the same director.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:48   Link #53
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The Needless manga started in 2004. So if anything Gurren Lagann would be the rip-off, but it's not. There's no such thing as a rip-off with these two shows, because the similarity is so damn tiny, there's no connection between the two shows.
I had in mind the animation style, not plot ... it's too early to judge, but plot-wise I can speculate that they will diverge

Quote:
& like i've already mentioned, they're both by the same director.
Why is that at all not surprising
Old 2009-07-05, 06:50   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I had in mind the animation style, not plot
So why not say that in your original post?
Old 2009-07-05, 06:53   Link #55
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
So why not say that in your original post?
Dunno, I thought it was obvious since one predates the other.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:54   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Dunno, I thought it was obvious since one predates the other.
But a lot of people here don't know that, plus i had no idea if you knew that so just calling it a rip-off is going to lead people the wrong way in terms of judging your original post.

So you called it a rip-off in terms of animation? What that makes no sense at all.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:55   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'll stick with the 3 powerpuff girls Z here and leave the GAR to you guys.
Old 2009-07-05, 07:07   Link #58
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think all it comes down to is whether it was an enjoyable episode, and I have to say I enjoyed every moment of it, even though the style is blatantly similar to TTGL.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 07:11   Link #59
reverse

saw first episode. not bad at all ( for shounen start )
definitely will check at-least 3 or 4 episode
my only complaint is the color style. it not by any mean it's bad, just i don't like it
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 07:31   Link #60
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Maybe Jam but definitely not Millia. So far character wise Eve is shown as a douchebag, kinda like Jam..
She is like Millia in the super power department: shape shifting. Millia shape shifts her hair, Eve can shape shift her body.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, loli, seinen