AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-08-02, 03:28   Link #1261
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
I'm watching the 5th episode for the 4th time now. My question is. What makes these episode so watchable ? Why can I just keep playing it over and over and over ?
Tanamachi Kaoru.
Old 2010-08-02, 03:43   Link #1262
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Tanamachi Kaoru.
You know what? For some reason. I thought that would be the answer. She's so awesome
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:46   Link #1263
SidVicious
Anime addict

I need more Hibiki.
Old 2010-08-05, 05:26   Link #1264
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

HydrogenGuy says:
August 1, 2010 at 4:06 am
The windmills are aliens with powers over time and human relations. They are conducting an experiment where they pair Tachibana up with some girl, watch the results, then rewind time and try it again with a different girl.
I’m interested to see if Tachibana eventually figures it out.

LOL. I like this theory. What if it were true? Is there an anime category for that ? This is just something random to hold me over until my subs come in.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 21:26   Link #1265
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

god i cant w8 for the nanaki arc
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 17:40   Link #1266
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
HydrogenGuy says:
August 1, 2010 at 4:06 am
The windmills are aliens with powers over time and human relations. They are conducting an experiment where they pair Tachibana up with some girl, watch the results, then rewind time and try it again with a different girl.
I’m interested to see if Tachibana eventually figures it out.

LOL. I like this theory. What if it were true? Is there an anime category for that ? This is just something random to hold me over until my subs come in.
Heh, I like this theory.

I fell behind a bit and finally watched ep 4 (end of Haruka thread). Somehow this series manages to be serious and comedic at the same time. I suppose I should complain about the moment they chose to fade out - had a real 1940s or "victorian" feel to it. Just a little hugging and more kissing would have been okay methinks.

They're pretty hilarious as a couple though ... kudos to Hibiki's stoicism in front of such silliness.

Now let's see Kaoru's arc.
Old 2010-08-09, 20:30   Link #1267
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
I'm watching the 5th episode for the 4th time now. My question is. What makes these episode so watchable ? Why can I just keep playing it over and over and over ?
Because of the plot.
Old 2010-08-09, 20:43   Link #1268
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They're pretty hilarious as a couple though ... kudos to Hibiki's stoicism in front of such silliness.
Yes, many kudos to her. Being friends with those two must take it's toll after a while.
Old 2010-08-09, 23:56   Link #1269
GundamZZ
残念美人

Disclaimer: Based on the general speculation

I think this anime learned lessons from previous games-to-anime adaption: KissSis and KimiKiss. This anime learned a lot from Kimikiss especially. Both works came from same game company. They are said to clone main character in the previous show. So, they choose to use game like setting, alternative universes.

I think the anime producers make the smart move to make the story sequence. They choose Haruka path as the first story. Since Haruka is said to be the most popular girl among Amagami gamers. The third episode broke the tv view record for late night anime.

Kaoru's story is in the second sequence, because it doesn't have any significance. She is said too "easy", so gamers are not too interested with her. However, she is stylish. She got "it". So, she's quite popular among non-gamers.

I think they want to leave the best to last. It may be debatable. The cover girl is the last in the story sequence because her personality is attractive in the different way.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 00:19   Link #1270
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Interesting... but whatever the game story lines, it'll be interesting to see which story adaptation proves the most entertaining.
Old 2010-08-10, 02:08   Link #1271
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
As sad as I was to see the first arc end, part of me was glad because it was too... "inspirational". Episode 6 suggests the second arc may not help much...

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 07:09   Link #1272
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Interesting... but whatever the game story lines, it'll be interesting to see which story adaptation proves the most entertaining.
I think they will each have their strengths. They are probably trying to make them all as equal as possible. But the later girls will probably have to be better to keep the audience entertained. You know, gotta keep raising the bar.
Old 2010-08-10, 08:58   Link #1273
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think they will each have their strengths. They are probably trying to make them all as equal as possible. But the later girls will probably have to be better to keep the audience entertained. You know, gotta keep raising the bar.
No, actually Haruka Kaoru, Ai and Ayatsuji are main attractors here. So it is not like it will increase gradually. Don't put your hopes here. Kworu and Haruka would be two of four best arcs.

I too think that Ayatsuji's will be the best due to her...complex personality but do not think that the heroine before her would be better than Ai or the first two heroines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I think this anime learned lessons from previous games-to-anime adaption: KissSis and KimiKiss. This anime learned a lot from Kimikiss especially. Both works came from same game company. They are said to clone main character in the previous show. So, they choose to use game like setting, alternative universes.

Considering the disaster of Kimikiss anime and rather good success of the manga it seems obvious that the alternative universes work better.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 11:53   Link #1274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah i pretty much agree with this. Plus they're probably taking into consideration how each of the girls appeal to different fans, so at the end of the day people are going to enjoy a certain arc over the others.
Old 2010-08-10, 11:55   Link #1275
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Considering the disaster of Kimikiss anime and rather good success of the manga it seems obvious that the alternative universes work better.
Kimikiss was awesome. The only reason it was a disaster was because of otaku fanboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i pretty much agree with this. Plus they're probably taking into consideration how each of the girls appeal to different fans, so at the end of the day people are going to enjoy a certain arc over the others.
Indeed. They should split the girls among the BD/DVDs. Otherwise the unpopular ones won't get sold.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:33   Link #1276
ueXia

I just noticed something on Ep 4, there's no KISSU close-up scene!
Will they include them on the BD/DVDs? I mean .. the kissus are the main selling points in the Enterbrain mangas xD
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:47   Link #1277
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Kimikiss was awesome. The only reason it was a disaster was because of otaku fanboys.

Indeed. They should split the girls among the BD/DVDs. Otherwise the unpopular ones won't get sold.
Well... those guys in Japan are the MAIN audience. Much as I liked the Kimikiss anime (and yeah, I pre-ordered it for the R1 release), I recognize that it was too far out of the "usual rut" for the otaku and their fantasies. And they're the ones with the biggest wallets.

I *prefer* interwoven drama... but that not what the source material (ero-games) sell for the most part. The parallel universe or omnibus solution seems to be a winning idea for domestic fans because it most closely follows the game experience of going down one route at a time. I have to say I'm reasonably entertained by the omnibus concept.

The only other choices that work *sometimes* are the "whole series one route" (e.g. Lamune) or the "triangle" (e.g. Canvas 2) where many of the routes are simply left out or truncated into small problem-solving moments. The skills of the average production staff simply don't seem to be up to adapting/integrating story threads.
Old 2010-08-12, 11:14   Link #1278
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Isn't the Amagami vs KimiKiss adaptation argument kind of apples-to-oranges? I loved Kimikiss, but as far as I know, it's more of an original story than an adaptation; they added some characters, took others out, and basically turned it into a drama. And that's great, but I don't think that's how the game played out, assuming that the manga is a straight adaptation of the game.

From what I can see, Amagami is basically an animated version of the entire game, and I like that perspective too, but I think it's quite different from KimiKiss which tried to form its own story that works as an anime. Judging from the beginning of both shows, I like them for very different reasons.

Quote:
The parallel universe or omnibus solution seems to be a winning idea for domestic fans because it most closely follows the game experience of going down one route at a time.
Also, I think this is especially true because Japanese fans have already played the game and want to see their favourite scenes animated; on the other hand, assuming that most English-speaking fans didn't play KimiKiss, we have nothing to lose from watching an adaptation that differs significantly from the original.
Old 2010-08-12, 13:11   Link #1279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finished episode 6... oddly, a significant attraction for me is watching the "quantum choice" moments and how they varied from the last arc.

As far as the story itself -- watching how Kaoru clearly likes our protagonist idiot and how he is so clueless reminds me of all the "girls down the street who played with you and you never thought of them as potential mates... and they probably liked you a lot and felt comfortable with you."
Old 2010-08-15, 01:16   Link #1280
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Well... those guys in Japan are the MAIN audience. Much as I liked the Kimikiss anime (and yeah, I pre-ordered it for the R1 release), I recognize that it was too far out of the "usual rut" for the otaku and their fantasies. And they're the ones with the biggest wallets.
ROFL!! hahah Where do they get there money from? and yes they seem to have an infinite amount of money to spend? But this Anime looks interesting, I havent watched it before, but just by watching the OP i might take a look at it.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen