AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 10:06   Link #381
ReinhartX

so 4 sternritters kicked the bucket in a hit....yet our ichigo couldnt do it against kirge and im not sure if kirge is even a sternritter

assuming by alphabets theres 22 sternritters left or 21 if kirge is one.....i guess its still too much for SS to handle and needs the Squad 0

then again buckbeard may create more troops with the help of halibel *cough cough*

and i actually hope the real vastro lordes enter in this arc and it becomes a 3 way war maybe.....
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:10   Link #382
sayde

Seeing a young Yamamoto and learning of his initial first name were interesting parts of this chapter for me. And who would've thought Sasakibe of all people was able to scar Yamamoto? Though I'm almost positive Yamamoto was probably a lot weaker back then.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:14   Link #383
Eragon
Still Alive

Tch tch, pissing off an old man in Bleach....Do these people have no common sense? Well Kubo sure managed to put some meaning in Sasakibe's death and a little into his not using his Bankai. Nice chapter.

Now give me a pissed off Kenny!!!
Old 2012-08-22, 10:49   Link #384
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Flashback for every fight and bankai used...

100+ chapters of misc, that does not have to do anything with Ichigo.
Old 2012-08-22, 13:09   Link #385
itachi-san314

i really liked this chapter. the flashback was great. took me a few moments to realize that was yama-jii lol.

the only thing bugging me is ichigo beating sasakibe so easily back in the day. even without bankai, he shouldn't have been a complete pushover back then... also why use bankai against shitritters and not ichigo? still this chapter was great, i need to adopt the kubo mentality of "screw the past, who cares?"
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 13:45   Link #386
KnightOfTwo

Good chapter this week. Bleach has been getting better since the moment this invasion started. Last panel was excellent. Hope that the momentum can keep going here, hopefully with a few more SS deaths.

Just do us all a favor Kubo and bring the Zero Division into the fray relatively soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
on a sidenote: what happened to the two bodies from Szayel's lab? iirc Kubo said they would be of high importance later on, but I'm not sure if my brain is making things up about this
I've been wondering about that myself. From the looks of things, Kubo might have just dropped whatever idea he had there. Though I would like to see that come up at some point.
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:57   Link #387
Mateus

Good chapter, Sasakibe's bankai was interesting - was not expecting another elemental one.
Old 2012-08-22, 15:18   Link #388
Excelion

Well, the bankai was about what I expected given from what we saw in that Zanpakuto filler arc in the anime. So it was good that it was consistent. (that arc and also the Kageroza one in-between Aizen and Fullbringers are worth the watch if you need a Bleach fix)

Wiki about his spirit: http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Gonry%C...u_%28spirit%29

Good chapter by the way, especially the last page. Very focused and used panel space well to convey both the fight and flashback at once.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:35   Link #389
Bombo
TSF Fans

good chapter with flashback and great emotion .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:43   Link #390
Calca
Expressionless

At least this shows they can't fully use the bankai to its potential
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:55   Link #391
Excelion

Still wondering whether or not they can absorb two at once. Would it really be that bad for Renji to test it out? Its not like Renji's bankai is all that great anyways. And he probably knows very well how his captain's bankai works by now. Although it's quite possible that the disc or whatever is empty again if Byakuya died. Or he pulls out a second disc, lol.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:57   Link #392
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree with the consensus: this was a good chapter. It's nice to see Yamamoto get a bit of backstory.

Sasakibe's bankai seems pretty impressive. He could have probably dispatched the invaders fairly easily if his bankai hadn't been stolen, depending on how many lightning bolt he can launch at once.
Old 2012-08-22, 16:29   Link #393
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This was a good chapter.
Old 2012-08-22, 16:30   Link #394
Alchemist007
*Author

A great chapter, which is few and far between. Made me wish Sasakibe was more relevent, but I guess his death will be fuel for Yamamoto if nothing else.
Old 2012-08-22, 18:21   Link #395
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
Still wondering whether or not they can absorb two at once. Would it really be that bad for Renji to test it out? Its not like Renji's bankai is all that great anyways. And he probably knows very well how his captain's bankai works by now. Although it's quite possible that the disc or whatever is empty again if Byakuya died. Or he pulls out a second disc, lol.
well in all fairness, Kubo DID say before the arc started that Renji's bankai has 'changed' thanks to his training that they did during those 17 months. Maybe it's worth more than we thought, which is another reason Byakuya wanted him to stay put.

As for the 'disk being empty', we know that Sasakibe is dead but the sternritter is using his bankai anyways...so death can't stop the bankai usage, but I too wonder if more than one bankai can be held at a time
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 20:56   Link #396
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Good chapter, Sasakibe's bankai was interesting - was not expecting another elemental one.
It is useful to watch fillers sometimes since back then it was revealed that he had lighting orientated sword.

Nice chapter but is all honesty it is hard to take it seriously, especially this line: "Soon everyone knew his name."

Sorry Kubo, but even now I don't remember it. In order for things like this to have a meaning you actually need to show it. Flash the character more, repeat it;s name occasionally. Or if it is a minor big MAN then at least refer to hi like that. Make him do something to live up to that name!

Yet you Kubo did nothing expect everyone to cry buckets of tears and show respect for a man who proved himself to be worthy only in this 1 chapter -_-
Old 2012-08-23, 01:00   Link #397
Calca
Expressionless

I doubt they'll be able to use all the forms of Byakuya's bankai either if they tried.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 03:57   Link #398
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Imagine Soi Fon's Bankai in a close range fight: not very useful.
I could actually see a quincy having a field day with Soifon's bankai so long as...

1.) They're innate ability to absorb spiritual energy from the environment can be used to easily bypass the 1-2 day shot restriction

2.) the Quincy who stole it has a solid defensive technique to use in unison (well either that or one of those handy rapid regeneration techniques some bad guys pop up with every once in awhile).

Come to think of it, Soifon's bankai could plausibly be the one and only bankai a Stern Ritter can quickly learn to utilize more effectively than the original owner. Especially because Soifon's likely the only bankai user who could conceivably have next to no experience using her bankai in the first place (since she seems to hold such contempt towards it).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 04:47   Link #399
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But I don't like them using the Bankais anyways, for the reasons I stated, when the stealing began: IMHO it doesn't make sense, that they know how to use a power, they've never seen before and how to effectively fight with it.
How can they even know, if the Bankai they have caught is even useful in the current situation. Imagine Soi Fon's Bankai in a close range fight: not very useful.
I agree with this to an extent, but the shitritters seem to have a pretty good knowledge of who is who in SS. it stands to reason that they know each bankai as well. at least to an extent like power and range. but it doesn't make sense that they could use it right off the bat. it would be like giving a sword to a skilled boxer and expecting them to automatically fight well with it with no training. the people who's soul manifests the bankais need 100s of years training, and now we are expected to believe that a complete stranger can just pick it up instantly. logically, as nodt should have been cutting himself up with an uncontrollable senbonzakura and overkill should have fried himself. instead they are capable of precision attacks with weapons that seem like they can easily be mishandled
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 06:37   Link #400
ronin myael
lost ronin

not a bad chapter but still pretty short to me. big panels, very few content. i suppose i shouldn't expect too much. this is kubo, after all.

Tags
bleach, chapter