AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 57.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 32.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-11, 01:31   Link #41
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
That's a surprise. You know, the only other explanation I have is that people are watching the Kanon speedsub.
I think that's a bit unfair to TWH-Sprocket ^_^; ... 'speedsub' has such a negative connotation they don't deserve. I didn't list them because including THEM would give more downloads to Kanon, though still not decisively (they add around 4000 downloads per episode). Also, since it's known that many people tend to download more than one release (the fastest one first, and then their preferred release to archive), I'd still venture the guess that Pumpkin Scissor's fanbase is at least as Kanon's, if not bigger. However, they have less representation on boards and blogs.
Old 2007-01-11, 03:04   Link #42
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Mentar: Just so you know, I'm completely loyal to you guys
Old 2007-01-11, 03:57   Link #43
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I think that's a bit unfair to TWH-Sprocket ^_^; ... 'speedsub' has such a negative connotation they don't deserve. I didn't list them because including THEM would give more downloads to Kanon, though still not decisively (they add around 4000 downloads per episode). Also, since it's known that many people tend to download more than one release (the fastest one first, and then their preferred release to archive), I'd still venture the guess that Pumpkin Scissor's fanbase is at least as Kanon's, if not bigger. However, they have less representation on boards and blogs.
Actually you should add their downloads to the grand total. The reality is most people watching are trivial watchers who hardly bothers to collect the series. They just download the first sub and watch. (I watch eclipse most of the times unless the upcoming episode is a must early watch). Maybe you want to speedsub one day and beat them and see truly how many downloaders out there. It's really hard to believe pumpkin scissors can beat kanon in popularity.
Old 2007-01-11, 05:07   Link #44
Skane
Anime Snark

It's not that hard to believe when you consider that most of Kanon's core audience... are Japanese. Pumpkin Scissors being more popular with the English-speaking audience is not that far-fetched, since it features action.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-11, 06:10   Link #45
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

At last something intresting.

Hans was scary.But I have a stupid question on my mind since I sow the ep:How can he go to the toilet with his armor?
Old 2007-01-11, 06:38   Link #46
kingofthemoleppl

Maybe he doesn't?
No wonder he' so gloomy because he always feels cold and I too would be pissed if I was constipated up to my...
That helmet of his has always looked like a fish bowl to me. Just get him to trip and he'll drown =)

Nurgle plaguebearer? ^^
Old 2007-01-11, 13:11   Link #47
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Hans kindof reminds me of a Excon from witchblade with the way he breaths and talks lol.

Ah but other then that I really digged his armor design. Very cool. The animation was really top notch this episode too and looked really stunning in the full on 1024x576 version (Much love to eclipse for continuing to put out a encode for that size. )

Overall I like where things seem to be going and I cant wait for the next episode.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-01-11, 13:18   Link #48
Kholdstare.

Never figured out that he was from the Invisible 9. But damn, that was one weak guy in a tank, I thought that every other I9 characters would be somewhat alongside Oland's and Hans's characteristics.
Old 2007-01-11, 14:30   Link #49
chaos_alfa

Who was the second Invisible 9 unit
I can't remeber seeing it
Old 2007-01-11, 14:35   Link #50
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Who was the second Invisible 9 unit
I can't remeber seeing it
903 CTT the 'Krankheit Jager' from episode one.
Old 2007-01-11, 15:17   Link #51
kauldron26
Med Student

wow... when this show is good, its damn friggin good. Im finding it hard to think of a creepier villian than Hans... holy shit... creepy as hell. Orochimaru has nothing on this evil bastard. I just hope the show stays like this. Pumpkin Scissors is one of those shows that can really only be fully enjoyed without breaks in between. I cant wait to watch it in one whole stretch after all 24 eps are out.
Old 2007-01-11, 18:24   Link #52
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Looks like the story is getting ready to pick up again im excited. That flame thrower dude was hardcore and very unstable. Its obvious that hes from another secret corp group just like the invisible 9. I want to know what who he is i think if might have some pretty important information to share. anyone else?
Old 2007-01-11, 20:57   Link #53
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
908 HTT. The flamethrower guy. He has a logo of the name of his unit on his shoulder area (in case you didn't see it). I still don't know what HTT stands for though. Still, I wonder how would Oland's "ignore pain keep moving with lifeless eyes strategy" will work on this one?
Just a SWAG, but maybe... ?

901 ATT = Anti-Tank Trooper
903 CTT = Chemical Tactics Trooper
908 HTT = High-Temperature Trooper
Old 2007-01-13, 23:08   Link #54
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Rat-face Mione pulled out some nasty toys to their subordinates, so as just as Machs reminded those rifles came from the embargo of weapons Section III discovered in episode four, plus the ammo that was in one of the tanks that the conspirators successfully bombed to junk.

The introduction to this episode most likely took place during the time of the war.
I'm gonna talk about the last part first: I think it was a "real time" intro. When Hunks was talking with the section I chief, S.I. said they were investigating the sewers (to get S.III out), so maybe those two stumbled onto something they shouldn't have and Hans dealt with them. IMHO.

First shot of Mione. I though "Splinter"! Maybe I'm too old and watched too much TMNT in the 80s .
The rifles the security teams were given looked identical to a M1 Garand - down to the littlest visual detail. BUT it would have been very, very nice if, when firing the last round in the clip, they would have made the signature "doink" noise the real ones make when the magazine is empty and ejects. Would have been a nice touch. But theres more that makes sence - the M1 was designed in 24 and didn't reach service till 36. It was a significant improvement from the bolt action Springfield 1903. Technologially, PS is equal to between wars, so thoes early M1's would be intimidating!
Old 2007-04-16, 15:41   Link #55
Hunter Nin.

Holy crap, this is fantastic. This episode was great. I've just watched 14 episodes of Pumpkin Scissors in one day and because of this DAMN cliffhanger I can't go to sleep now... Good thing I have some time off eh? On to ep 15!
Closed Thread