Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 06:29   Link #1841
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Not to mention even with crazy batshit aside (since yandere and the like is appealing to some), having Akutou Bita sticking out of her chest is not exactly moe . It's such a shame Katanagatari isn't really getting the full recognition it deserves due to such shallow reasons. I don't think Bakemonogatari would have reached it's current level of fame if Take had been the illustrator .
Yea.... those girls with Take's design would look weird but i guess one reason is because we're used to how they look now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 07:23   Link #1842
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
and cut out all the useless shit.
Not all, really. There is still "I just noticed this and that but let me talk about the fact that I noticed it before I will actually tell you what it is" trick played every now and then, four times in Episode IX in fact.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 08:29   Link #1843
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Someone said they didn't like Emonzaemon-sama anymore! I is sad It couldn't be helped he had to use them, because her ninpou wouldn't let him use his Shinobazukou Ikasazukorosazu. Nor Kempou! But even he had respect for her through her last moments
Old 2010-09-13, 08:51   Link #1844
Kakkou
Tch.

lol, don't be sad shichi-chan. I'm just irked cause here comes a Maniwani who puts up a good fight, and she gets mowed down by guns. GUNS =/. At least all the others got taken down in more respectable battles (except Shirasagi, who was stupid enough to get cut down before it even began and of course Kawauso, but he was willing to die.). Emonzaemon's got another 3 more episodes to make up for it.

RIP Oshidori Maniwa
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 08:54   Link #1845
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, Mazui's translation of OP2 featured in Ep IX subs is just plain orgasmic. That old English.
Old 2010-09-13, 09:04   Link #1846
HandofFate

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-09-13, 09:42   Link #1847
medigo

wonder why they stop adding previews to the episodes
then again we have an episode 10-12 preview anyway
medigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 10:04   Link #1848
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
wonder why they stop adding previews to the episodes
They did not. It's some kind of broadcasting station's quirk.
Old 2010-09-13, 10:25   Link #1849
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was by far the funniest episode of the series. It's amazing how incredibly bad Shichika's swordsmanship is, I knew he had no skills whatsoever but I thought he'd be able to assimilate the basics easily. Clearly, I was wrong. The misunderstandings were hilarious, Togame is so cute when she's jealous <3 . Togame and Shichika have officialy become one of my favourite anime pairing ever. Their interactions are always very sweet and never fail to entertain me. The kiss was very nice.

Another Maniwari bites the dust, what else is new? I was also disappointed by the way Emonzaemon took her down, it just seemed so unfair... but I guess fairness doesn't matter in such battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
I'm not. Penguin-kun is cute
Old 2010-09-13, 15:24   Link #1850
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my god. The amount of Togame foot goodness in the first 20 minutes were just so <33. Plus at the rate this is going, i'll start liking male feet thanks to Shichika. That one Kiguchi footshot was very nice as well.

Apart from all that goodness, this was a pretty damn good episode. Jealous Togame is made of so much win, and the 80s shoujo delusions were even better thanks to the PV. :P

Horrible to see Oshidori killed off, especially knowing that it was bound to happen knowing what this series is like. The scenes showing her and Chouchou together.. ;_________;

I really don't want to see Pengin being killed. I really don't.
Old 2010-09-13, 17:42   Link #1851
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Guns >>> katana Unless the katana wielder can dodge bullets. But that's impossible with human's reflex. :P
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:16   Link #1852
thelok

Kiiiiiiiiiiii

Togame goodness.
thelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:00   Link #1853
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
lol, don't be sad shichi-chan. I'm just irked cause here comes a Maniwani who puts up a good fight, and she gets mowed down by guns. GUNS =/. At least all the others got taken down in more respectable battles (except Shirasagi, who was stupid enough to get cut down before it even began and of course Kawauso, but he was willing to die.). Emonzaemon's got another 3 more episodes to make up for it.

RIP Oshidori Maniwa
I suppose not the man, but the tool used. Course she didn't even know what a gun was...Well actually no should know what a gun was lol in a year of 17XX there were no .375 pistols or 9mm automatics lol but indeed! RIP MANIWA OSHIDORI MY SEXYYYYYY
Old 2010-09-13, 23:42   Link #1854
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
RIP MANIWA OSHIDORI MY SEXYYYYYY
This honestly made me laugh out loud, ahahaha! XD

But I agree, though. Poor Oshidori. :<
Old 2010-09-14, 00:41   Link #1855
KittyMaverick

....I tried posting earlier today, but the post was so long, I was logged out...XD

Got too excited making my first Katanagatari comment, I guess...

Spoiler made me go and hunt down the Chinese translation of the light novels, so now I'm partially spoiled on details...But I won't say them here, so no great worries...

Spoiler for Final ep spoiler from preview:
KittyMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 01:50   Link #1856
Freeter
beyond

Hot damn, Togame was so deliciously adorable she made my eyes melt in every scene she was in. From her excessive pouting over Shichika to that sumptuous kiss she gave him, this petite silver-haired vixen easily brought more sexiness to the screen in one episode than all of the current fanservice-filled shows put together.

And I fully agree with Shichika, love the short hair

Emonzaemon's victory over Oshidori may have left a bad taste in people's mouths, but it was consistent with the whole theme of 'playing dirty' that permeated the episode. Togame's strategy was just as dishonorable, then again she's probably the cutest referee ever so that's probably why no one's making a fuss

Hopefully this isn't the last we'll see of jealous Togame, especially with the duo visiting her parents. Maybe her mom will give Shichika some private lessons of her own
Old 2010-09-14, 07:22   Link #1857
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Hopefully this isn't the last we'll see of jealous Togame, especially with the duo visiting her parents
"Visiting" parents is figurative.
In case the very prologue didn't tip you, they are dead.

Some kind benefactor is leaking digital copies of series artwork again.
This time, it's Higaki Rinne's battle card and BD 8 cover! See here.

I guess I'll elaborate a little on Rinne's markings that she/he/it has on her body and in her character icon (and on Seitou Hakari for that matter!)
Those are flowers of Sweet Olive, also known as Osmanthus fragrans or Kinmokusei in Japan.
More and pictures in Wikipedia.
There was another character in anime that used Tea Olive as motif in her design, namely Princess Kakyuu of Sailor Moon Series (the last arc).

I'm not sure if it's certain, but Japanese fans say that Higaki Rinne is voiced by Miyako Ito.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-09-14 at 09:06.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:26   Link #1858
Maniwa Akagin
Member of the Beast Squad

Finally made it back! (Didn't want to keep visiting and risk a defective spoiler tag or anything. But now that I watched episode nine, I'm back!)

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Another great episode! I feel a bit iffy on the guns myself, but yeah, considering a theme of several episodes is pretty much 'do whatever it takes to win' I guess I can let it pass. But yeah, that scene with Oshidori and Chouchou was just too sweet! (I mean really, long walks on the beach are so romantic, how much more so are long walks on the ocean itself?!) Rest now, Oshidori, you've done your duty.

And of course, Togame's reactions and interpretations were just win. I've wondered for a while, though. If she's supposed to be a strategian, one who makes schemes and strategies, shouldn't it be natural for her to look beyond appearances, rather than be 'tricked' so effortlessly?
(In somewhat related news, we've all seen Shichika's training gif. But does anyone think the scene of Togame waving her finger in his face might make a funny one too? His eyes just keep tracking it back and forth, haha.)
Maniwa Akagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 11:52   Link #1859
klare

the ending of the fight is just like what the narrator said >> anticlimax

and poor Togame, she seems to read a lot of shoujo manga
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 12:15   Link #1860
tsunade666

I didn't get to see the next episode because the one I download doesn't have one. But the episode is pure win with togame's constant misunderstanding and jealousy.

Specially the special attack of togame. It would really make you forget everything.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy