AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-21, 15:51   Link #101
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I hope Ai doesn't end up with Nobuse, but there is enough time left for a new relationship to develop between them. And he may become a more serious character after his shock. Just being devoted to her and a nice guy makes him a puppy dog, not a lover. Only if his character develops will a reunion seem to me reasonable, and not just a cop-out.

I think they both know it is over, at least for the moment. Her not saying it out loud was just gentleness, not hiding anything. You can tell from his depression in class that he knows it. And he even whispers that it's okay, as long as it's Shin, whom he can see doesn't even realize Ai has feelings for him. And I don't blame him for wanting to keep it unsaid. For one thing, it's too soon, and too much of a shock for him to easily accept. For another, if she says it out loud, it seems too final.

I think we will know Ai has a chance with Shin if she starts to appear in his dreams/visions, which the other two already have.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 17:30   Link #102
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think we will know Ai has a chance with Shin if she starts to appear in his dreams/visions, which the other two already have.
It will happen when/if Shin starts missing Aiko's advise! Like they say, you don't know you had a good thing till you miss it. I think with Shin trying to distance himself from Aiko, he will realize how much she was part of his life without knowing it.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 19:39   Link #103
Kaiji

Quote:
It will happen when/if Shin starts missing Aiko's advise! Like they say, you don't know you had a good thing till you miss it. I think with Shin trying to distance himself from Aiko, he will realize how much she was part of his life without knowing it.
See this is the one scenario where I could see Aiko and Shin ending up together...if you think about it, Aiko and Shin have a pretty deep relationship because of their friendship...like Aiko said, Shin just needs to "look" at her. hmm...interesting theory, golthin.
Kaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 02:44   Link #104
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiji View Post
See this is the one scenario where I could see Aiko and Shin ending up together...if you think about it, Aiko and Shin have a pretty deep relationship because of their friendship...like Aiko said, Shin just needs to "look" at her. hmm...interesting theory, golthin.
And hopefully he will look at her. Though, there are other options available for them to have an ending... but Golthin's is probably most likely.

I find it funny that this thread is now ~2x as large as any other character thread.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 03:40   Link #105
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I find it funny that this thread is now ~2x as large as any other character thread.
Because Aiko's situation is such a hard one, Shee being one of the three contenders, that people are watching very closely. The fact that Aiko has the less screen time but they do so much with her time, they extract so much drama and angst from every second she is on the screen that people can't help to be drawn to her part of the story.
Old 2008-02-22, 04:20   Link #106
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Not to mention, she's the hottest out of the three... XP
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 05:09   Link #107
Kaiji

Quote:
I'm actually not surprised by this at all...to me she's really the only female character who's normal or whatever. Sibling issues aside, Hirmoi acts and dresses like a 40 year old housewife...*yawn*
Noe is funny and all, but there were points in the where I thought her character might be a little mentally..."off"?? Let's just say she's eccentric.

Aiko is definitely the character that's most likable and easy to relate to.
Old 2008-02-22, 08:00   Link #108
Atheuz

Quote:
Noe is funny and all, but there were points in the where I thought her character might be a little mentally..."off"?? Let's just say she's eccentric.
Though I agree Aiko is the most normal character, this is off. Noe is immature and very childish - But really there's nothing mentally 'off' with her besides being some years behind her peers. I really like Noe, she's the cutest of the 3 girls, while Aiko might be more attractive in general, Noe's behavior is just adorable.
Atheuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 09:40   Link #109
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think, Noe being mentally "not right" is part of the reason why Jun got upset with his grandma telling Noe "lies" before she passed away... as Noe would actually take it seriously... which she did...

anyway, Aiko has the best hair cut, best sense of fashion, probably the smartest, short with a tight body ( always a big plus here ), and she has a nice tan... mmm.. thats hot., with piercing red eyes.
Old 2008-02-22, 13:45   Link #110
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Though I agree Aiko is the most normal character, this is off. Noe is immature and very childish - But really there's nothing mentally 'off' with her besides being some years behind her peers. I really like Noe, she's the cutest of the 3 girls, while Aiko might be more attractive in general, Noe's behavior is just adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think, Noe being mentally "not right" is part of the reason why Jun got upset with his grandma telling Noe "lies" before she passed away... as Noe would actually take it seriously... which she did...

anyway, Aiko has the best hair cut, best sense of fashion, probably the smartest, short with a tight body ( always a big plus here ), and she has a nice tan... mmm.. thats hot., with piercing red eyes.
Noe is shown as very believing and trusting. She's also portrayed as childish and naive. Its not mentally 'not right' but she is not mature. So the problem with her being in any relationship is that she is naive, vulnerable, and cute. She has no mature elements too her, which I think is what Jun wants her to gain from all this.
Old 2008-02-22, 15:01   Link #111
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I'm actually not surprised by this at all...to me she's really the only female character who's normal or whatever....
I agree: she's normal and lots of people like that. Personally, I prefer Noe's wise, innocent eccentricity. This is fiction. We don't have to think of these characters as if they were our friends or acquaintances in real life. We can afford to take a chance on someone attractively weird.

In any case, I like all three of them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 02:07   Link #112
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

normal is a relative term. in this case, she really i the most normal out of all the girls. i'm a hiromi convert, and Hiromi seems a little too overcast for me to like.

even though the chances of Aiko getting together with Shin are relatively slow, (though it would make for a great shock if it did happen) i'll root for her until the end. I can't see her and nobuse making up after what she did. Nobuse is just denying the inevitable.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 15:43   Link #113
golthin

My poor Aiko! She is the first one to shed tears!
Old 2008-02-23, 16:08   Link #114
Kaiji

Quote:
My poor Aiko! She is the first one to shed tears!
This is true...but she's also the first one to kiss Shin
Old 2008-02-23, 16:34   Link #115
golthin

Quote:
This is true...but she's also the first one to kiss Shin
her consolation prize!
Old 2008-02-23, 20:47   Link #116
jaisrh

I knew it was a big mistake for her to act like an older sister towards Shin. It allowed her to be Shin's confidant but that was a strike against her in Shin's mind as a romantic interest. Probably even worse was the decision to accept Nobuse's confession because that further changed Shin's view of her.

I'd still like to know how she and Shin first met and how long they knew each other before Shin brought Nobuse along.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 21:01   Link #117
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
I knew it was a big mistake for her to act like an older sister towards Shin. It allowed her to be Shin's confidant but that was a strike against her in Shin's mind as a romantic interest. Probably even worse was the decision to accept Nobuse's confession because that further changed Shin's view of her.

I'd still like to know how she and Shin first met and how long they knew each other before Shin brought Nobuse along.
well, on the official website, it said that she has known Shin since they were children. So she is a real childhoodfriend.It is obvious that Shin and Nobuse are not childhoodfriends, and they met in highschool as Shin introduced them after he got in highschool.
Old 2008-02-23, 21:40   Link #118
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, on the official website, it said that she has known Shin since they were children. So she is a real childhoodfriend.It is obvious that Shin and Nobuse are not childhoodfriends, and they met in highschool as Shin introduced them after he got in highschool.
I'd probably guess its been as long as his time knowing Hiromi, but, yes, definately much longer than he's known Nobuse.

From episode 8...
Spoiler for ya...:
Old 2008-02-23, 21:50   Link #119
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wouldn't count Aiko out just yet, theres plenty of time for things to happen between her and Shinichiro... I doubt Shin can forget it that easily... especially something as passionate as that.
Old 2008-02-23, 21:57   Link #120
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I wouldn't count Aiko out just yet, theres plenty of time for things to happen between her and Shinichiro... I doubt Shin can forget it that easily... especially something as passionate as that.
While I fully agree, the way that episode eight was structured with her scene with Nobuse at the door, it feels like they really want to end her chances. I've trusted facial expressions alot during this show and Ai's in that scene told alot. Though, to be honest, her last face... I can't quite say what it is, either she's upset that she's doing this to Nobuse or she's really annoyed by it/him. I really can't tell, anyone else want to try?