AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-07, 20:34   Link #2041
itisjustme

I'm not sure about that approach for you guys tbh. :P It worked for Miami because Wade was already a proven champion and Lebron is Lebron and had led the Cavs to the finals by himself, albeit in the east. Otherwise when did that work? Boston with Garnett one time is all I can think of tbh. Maybe Pau to LA but Kobe was the main guy and he was already there.

For sure Harden Howard and Love are all-stars but I'm not sure any of them are championship level superstars. They'd all be a great option two if you could trade for someone like KD but by themselves without a good roster ehh. Don't you guys have Lin's huge 3rd year to deal with too.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 21:50   Link #2042
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Series tied! LeBron handled business, Bosh cooked all game and Wade made some timely buckets. Props to Birdman and Ice-O as well. Wonder whether there will criticism for LeBron passing to Bosh in the corner in the coming days.
Old 2014-06-08, 21:57   Link #2043
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Damn it, the Heat are really good aren't they >_<. Those 4 consecutive missed free throw from Chalmers flagrant turn out to cost a lot >_<
Old 2014-06-08, 22:05   Link #2044
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

This was just LeBron taking over the game. Leonard will need to step up his defense in the coming games for the Spurs to have a chance to steal one in Miami.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 22:12   Link #2045
itisjustme

Pretty great games to watch so far nothing like most of the conference finals. Last game Spurs couldn't miss in the fourth and this game Lebron made his jump shots, hey nothing much you can say in cases like those.
Old 2014-06-08, 23:42   Link #2046
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Didn't take long for Lebron to stick it to those who scoffed at his cramps in Game 1, did it? That's the way you respond.

Bosh has woken up and then some....last year, Duncan utterly scorched him throughout but so far, Bosh has kept up with Duncan in scoring. Rebounds, you don't expect that - it's Duncan.

San Antonio are still shooting from the perimeter at a high rate. But on the flipside, Miami are getting more gritty/paint points than they were last time this series happened.

Leonard was a real force during this series last time. He's been rather quiet so far.

Free throws hurt San Antonio bad down the stretch. When you're gifted them like from the Chalmers flagrant, you can't miss like that.

Miami get that vital road win, good to see. We've definitely got a series now.

Pretty fortunate we got this matchup two years running, aren't we?
Old 2014-06-09, 00:13   Link #2047
kirikirito334

It was all the foul trouble. Leonard cannot be that aggressive anymore on his defense 'cause of his fouls, not to mention the playtime lost. But I think what hurt the most was Green's absence. The difference of him being out and in the ball game was absurd. I just hope the Spurs can take care of their foul troubles. Really disappointing.
kirikirito334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 13:48   Link #2048
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*eye twitch*

Miami has this weird trend to lose the first game of a series before inevitably winning the rest.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 15:09   Link #2049
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Like I said, Heat in 6. There's a good argument to be made that other than the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter in game 1 the Heat have looked like the better team in both games...while playing in San Antonio. This is just a different series from last year with Lebron playing well from the jump, Wade healthy, Shard and Ray turning back the clock, and Bosh being way more aggressive.
Old 2014-06-09, 21:58   Link #2050
X102reddragon

^ this coming from a person who lives in Florida. Jk XD well both teams are pretty evenly matched. I do beleave there is a good chance that the spurs will split in Miami. Or the heat could take both games. Or even the spurs somehow win both games. Between these two teams all you can do is guess. It's been a hell of a series so far though.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 20:44   Link #2051
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Game 3 and it's 41-25 in favour of the Spurs after the 1st quarter. LeBron is playing great with 14 points so far, but the rest of his team have no more than 1 field goal each. The rest of the Heat really need to step up for the rest of the game.

Old 2014-06-10, 20:47   Link #2052
itisjustme

+20 after 14 minutes in Miami wth is this. :P Spurs are playing great basketball, great/lucky shooting % aside.

Danny Green is on fire what happened to him I thought he was just a spot up shooter he used to be bad at 2s. Miami's offense is terrible right now all those TOs. Leonard in Jordan mode. :P
Old 2014-06-10, 20:59   Link #2053
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Lost for words. The Spurs are shooting better from the field(90%) and from 3 pt line(100%) than from the charity stripes(80%) after 1 and a half quarter
Old 2014-06-10, 21:04   Link #2054
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Spurs starting to get cold and missing shots. Miami on a 7-0 run to cut the lead to 18. Pop calls timeout to get the defense back on track.

Edit: End of 2nd quarter and Spurs up by 21. Their defense in the last 5 minutes or so has only been mediocre at best though. I expect the Heat to come out firing in the 2nd half.

Last edited by frivolity; 2014-06-10 at 21:21.
Old 2014-06-10, 21:38   Link #2055
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Spurs need to keep their focus for the second half if they don't want to blow this lead. Their shooting can't be this hot for the whole game, si they have to take care of the ball more and play better defense, especially on 3 point line
Old 2014-06-10, 22:09   Link #2056
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The Heat outscored the Spurs 25-15 in the 3rd quarter to shave 10 points off the lead, but they're still down by 11. Spurs still have a big advantage but they need to stem the bleeding with better defense.

Imo, Popovich made the right move to take Duncan out after his second foul. It's rare to see Duncan getting hot-headed in a game, but Pop recognised that a cooled-off-and-rested Duncan would be far more useful in the 4th.

Edit: 17 point lead with 1:37 left; game's virtually over. The arena has gone quiet with half of the fans having left.

Last edited by frivolity; 2014-06-10 at 22:41.
Old 2014-06-10, 23:11   Link #2057
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well it's over. Spurs took back home court advantage(is there any advantage though with both team playing like this? ) behind great game by Green and Leonard. I'm sure Miami will bounce-back big time in next game, so the Spurs will have to replicate their first half performance if they want to come back home with 3-1 lead.
Old 2014-06-10, 23:41   Link #2058
Xagzan

That's a record setting game 3 by the Spurs two years in a row.

Aaannnnnd you figure Miami will win game 4 because that's how this has gone for 2 years.

Also Derek Fisher is coaching the Knicks.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 01:23   Link #2059
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Leonard was due to go berserk and he certainly did.
Old 2014-06-11, 02:24   Link #2060
itisjustme

For love and justice, magical Kawaii Leonard punished the Heat in the name of the moon.