AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-26, 19:42   Link #61
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
OK, logic time!

-Minato was able to get the drop on Tobi in the past by using his Hiraishin just that much quicker than Tobi was able to become intangible from Jikūkan Idō
-A is known as the fastest ninja alive after Minato's death with his Raiton no Yoroi, with both A and Minato being on equal speed terms when alive
-Naruto was able to avoid A clad in Raiton no Yoroi using pure footspeed in his Kyūbi chakra mode

So where might I be going with this? Hint: It doesn't involve "Talk no Jutsu", which thankfully this chapter lacked with almost all of it's derivatives...It however, might add to the padding of potential slow-motion anime action scenes, if studio-generated filler doesn't get to it first...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 03:30   Link #62
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The problem with Naruto's speed is, the faster he goes, the less control he has over the direction he moves in. And slowing down is a problem.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:02   Link #63
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Perhaps I'm reading too much into things but did it look like Tobi was looking for something the first time he went for naruto?? It seemed like he said," it's not here"...if so shisui eye is the only thing I can think of...
Old 2012-07-27, 16:36   Link #64
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Perhaps I'm reading too much into things but did it look like Tobi was looking for something the first time he went for naruto?? It seemed like he said," it's not here"...if so shisui eye is the only thing I can think of...
good call on that. I'm not really sure what he's talking about but that makes sense. its something tobi would have wanted and didnt know itachi just used it. but i guess the question would be how he knew it was in naruto to begin with? but of course, tobi knows almost everything via zetsu i guess so it could make sense
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:42   Link #65
Lendial

I got lost very quickly, i cant wait till this gets animated.
Old 2012-07-27, 18:37   Link #66
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The problem with Naruto's speed is, the faster he goes, the less control he has over the direction he moves in. And slowing down is a problem.
All it would take is some teamwork from Kakashi/Guy/Bee to create an opening or diversion for Naruto to come in with a quick attack...As long as Naruto doesn't make himself predictable enough for Tobi to anticipate it...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 06:18   Link #67
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

That's what they did the whole chapter to no avail.
Tobi's phasing ability is just very effective and he won't get caught until the plot makes him go full retard like against Minato or when Kakashi realizes that if their jutsu are related then he might be able to counter it with his own.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 06:36   Link #68
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

and even then he still has rinnengan up his sleeve
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 14:18   Link #69
Jpmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
and even then he still has rinnengan up his sleeve
That's a good point and i bet he will use it. I think the rinnegan must have a ton of abilities we haven't seen yet, i mean nagato didn't used the rinnegan in its full potential like the sage of six paths when he beat the Jubi. It is like seeing sasuke and madara, obviously madara is using the sharingan in a different level because in this short period of time he has shown us the true power of the sharingan.
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:23   Link #70
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If anyone think's Tobi is Rin, you're seriously foolin your self. lol
Old 2012-07-28, 16:15   Link #71
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
good call on that. I'm not really sure what he's talking about but that makes sense. its something tobi would have wanted and didnt know itachi just used it. but i guess the question would be how he knew it was in naruto to begin with? but of course, tobi knows almost everything via zetsu i guess so it could make sense
IF the eye is what he is/was looking for, my question is why? Shisui genjutsu was pretty powerful so perhaps he needs it to enhances the infinite tsukiyomi...OR, my personal favorite (thought this when tobi tried to get danzo's eye), he wants to upgrade his sharingan to EMS...a lil ridiculous I know right.

As far as Tobi and the rinnegan goes, it seems other than the Univision it provided when he was controlling the past jinchuriki, the rinnegan now only serves to help summon/control the gedo mazo...I don't think he can do all the other techs
Old 2012-07-28, 20:21   Link #72
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
IF the eye is what he is/was looking for, my question is why? Shisui genjutsu was pretty powerful so perhaps he needs it to enhances the infinite tsukiyomi...OR, my personal favorite (thought this when tobi tried to get danzo's eye), he wants to upgrade his sharingan to EMS...a lil ridiculous I know right.

As far as Tobi and the rinnegan goes, it seems other than the Univision it provided when he was controlling the past jinchuriki, the rinnegan now only serves to help summon/control the gedo mazo...I don't think he can do all the other techs
i dont think he was looking for anything, he was trying to remove the seal from Naruto's stomache, so the Kyuubi would be released, but he wasn't able to do that because of the Kunai Kakashi threw at him.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 04:26   Link #73
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If anyone think's Tobi is Rin, you're seriously foolin your self. lol
Care to explain?
Old 2012-07-29, 13:38   Link #74
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Now , tobi is just using his solidy and liquify jutsu, once he starts using sharingan and rinnegan, the four of them will be in a lot of trouble, and i am pretty sure it will be happening soon, because then what is the point of implanting the rinnegan into his eye , plus they have to take care of the rinnegan relic which has all the bijuu souls inside it as well,

And what about the other teams who were coming to Naruto to back him up??
Old 2012-07-29, 13:52   Link #75
itachi-san314

Quote:
Care to explain?
tobi could be rin, but it is a pretty silly possibility with no clear hints. first off, just look at kishi's female characters. they're all weak and in need of constant saving. even kushina had to be carried off in minato's arms and tsunade, well, as strong as she supposedly is, she hardly ever does anything on her own and is in need of saving by the strongest man around, usually naruto.

also, the voice. yes a girl can mask her voice like we've seen other ninja do, but then what would the point be of tobi having 2 voices, neither of which are female?

and then there's the overwhelming knowledge tobi has. rin has no reason to know any of that. and anyone who would know it like madara, has no reason to give a crap about rin. i do hope we find out what happened to her, but she is basically a throw away character in the series. the point of kakashi gaiden was obito and kakashi's relationship. rin had no arc whatsoever. she was basically a tamer sakura.

i put rin in the uchiha kagami category of random ninja we have seen for a tiny amount of time with no character arc who for some reason, people want to see as the current main villain in the series
Old 2012-07-30, 16:35   Link #76
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
and then there's the overwhelming knowledge tobi has. rin has no reason to know any of that. and anyone who would know it like madara, has no reason to give a crap about rin. i do hope we find out what happened to her, but she is basically a throw away character in the series. the point of kakashi gaiden was obito and kakashi's relationship. rin had no arc whatsoever. she was basically a tamer sakura.
One could say the same about Obito. Also the question was more or less directly aimed at Kyero Fox.
Old 2012-07-30, 20:31   Link #77
WefiDasst

Quote:
uchiha kagami
He was with Danzo's team..... same hair, the right age.....
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 23:10   Link #78
itachi-san314

Quote:
One could say the same about Obito.
not really. obito being uchiha lineage is enough to give him a possible backstory to have madara be interested in him and provide him knowledge by some means or another. rin does not have that story capability. all obito has to be is a close descendant of madara's or another great uchiha for madara to have assumed that he picked the right uchiha to carry on his will. we already know obito had powerful genes since his eyes were capable of achieving MS so its almost a given at this time
Old 2012-07-31, 02:15   Link #79
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Obito having "powerful genes" because "his eyes can do MS" is speculation. As is him being a close descendant of Madara. Obito has about as much backstory as Rin, unless you make stuff up. Both of them also have an equal amount of motivation to be Tobi unless you make stuff up.
Old 2012-07-31, 09:31   Link #80
itachi-san314

Quote:
Obito having "powerful genes" because "his eyes can do MS" is speculation.
it's based on itachi's words to sasuke about the rarity of being able to achieve MS

Quote:
As is him being a close descendant of Madara.
all i said was this is possible whereas rin has no such possibility of madara having any interest in her whatsoever.

Quote:
Obito has about as much backstory as Rin, unless you make stuff up.
never said he didn't. what i said was he had a character arc. rin is just a nothing character

Quote:
Both of them also have an equal amount of motivation to be Tobi unless you make stuff up.
equal? like i said obito had a character arc in which he went from a lazy, childish coward among uchiha to being quite thoughtful. sure there's no direct correlation there to tobi aside from the many hints over the years, but what did rin do again? oh yea, nothing.

also i never believed or said tobi was 'just' obito. if tobi is in part obito, i dont think obito has much control over what he thinks or does at this time

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion