Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2014-10-20, 01:09   Link #261
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Wasn't the announcement about Megumi actually that she was going on "indefinite hiatus"?
From her music career, but not voice acting.

But I do agree the CGI for the singers were done... rather poorly. Certainly not up to the standards of mecha and spaceships.

But with better technology as of 2015, who knows?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 01:16   Link #262
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Speaking of Megumi Nakajima, I wonder what's gonna happen to Haruka Chigusa? I mean, I'm worried about her career after starring in Macross 30.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 03:21   Link #263
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Considering humanity is actively expanding in Macross, it is very logical for them to support their military effort in what I call a NUNS manifest-destiny. Besides, what do you think all the major news network in the US & Hollywood do on the side? Propaganda, of course! Its also more justified in the case of Macross, since every single major conflict engaged by the NUNS always had the possibility to end with extinction of certain species.
The vast majority of humanity is wiped out, leaving pop culture enthusiasts (who are to a degree responsible for humanity being wiped out) as the only survivors. Every opponent they encounter is overwhelmed by some combination of pilot bravado and pop idolatry.

Basically humanity was nearly wiped out and all of the survivors are a bunch of assholes who believe history starts with them. They are the chosen ones. And if you don't buy into that, they're going to nuke your face. They're a pretty horrible example of humanity, one I wouldn't particularly mind having wiped out.

Anyway, that's the last you'll see of me around here.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 09:43   Link #264
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
The vast majority of humanity is wiped out, leaving pop culture enthusiasts (who are to a degree responsible for humanity being wiped out) as the only survivors.
What series have you been watching, man?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 10:26   Link #265
Tak

I don't get people who would just pop into a thread and state how much they hate a series for no other reason than getting attention.

It looks like an utter waste of time for him and myself, who took time to explain. That was stupid of me.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-10-20, 11:17   Link #266
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I tried reading this post and comparing it to my experience with the original Macross, Macross +, Macross Zero and Macross Frontier. That Macross mentioned in aforementioned post seems to have been released in a parallel world.
Old 2014-10-20, 13:11   Link #267
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

If the new series is fun and exciting, that's all I ask.
Old 2014-10-20, 14:22   Link #268
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
If the new series is fun and exciting, that's all I ask.
Just you, eh?

Old 2014-10-20, 15:33   Link #269
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Just you, eh?
Not at all... but that really is ALL that I'm hoping for at this point.
Old 2014-10-20, 15:58   Link #270
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Not at all... but that really is ALL that I'm hoping for at this point.
Hey, you're definitely not alone in this.

Old 2014-10-20, 16:20   Link #271
Tak

They need to bring back the Maximilian vibe. I demand blue/green haired Meltrandi ace pilot as primary love interest followed by a fleet-sized wedding!!!!

- Tak

Old 2014-10-20, 16:39   Link #272
Gravitas Free Zone

That'll feel weird to me after it was an homage played for laughs (and, uh, that other problem, depending on your choice of canon) with Michael and Klan.

I wouldn't mind if they scaled back the pop idol portion of the plot to just the character drama side of things, instead of making it crucial to the fighting plot, because after 7 and Frontier, the POWER OF ROCK can't get any fancier without becoming some sort of bizarre self-parody.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 16:52   Link #273
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Does anyone know if the animation rights for Macross still belong to Satelight? I was kind of hoping that maybe somehow they don't and it's up for grabs by other studios that want to give it a shot because while the CGI wasn't half bad the 2D competent that Satelight did for the show was frequently awful and suffered from massive QUALITY issues in some episodes. The franchise is old enough and infrequent enough in it's entries that I think it deserves better than the kind of job that was done with Frontier.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 16:54   Link #274
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I wouldn't mind if they scaled back the pop idol portion of the plot to just the character drama side of things
Oh boy, episode 24 and episode 25 of Frontier was a combination marching with marshal music and music to invade Poland Vajra with.

Banana and Alto also performed the absolutely most awesome jaw dropping battle-ballade, ever!

Its very difficult to top that. Moar, please!

Oh, you mean the idol plot. Sure, I wouldn't mind focusing on a single diva than two.

- Tak

Old 2014-10-20, 17:00   Link #275
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh she is definitely idol material. Unfortunately, idol lifespan in Japan has a pretty fast expiration date.

- Tak (I still cannot believe she is older than May'n!)
lol She looks really good for her age. She must moisturize.
Old 2014-10-20, 18:02   Link #276
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

While Shouji Kawamori stays as Executive Director of Satelight Macross will be their franchise. And I don't care about the studio haters.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 23:52   Link #277
Darthtabby

Not all of Satelight's productions have inconsistent 2d artwork. Some of them are actually pretty good looking. Hopefully they'll bring their A game to this new series.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 04:42   Link #278
magnuskn

Female human idol and Zentran female pilot vying for the affections of a Zolan male Macross type ship Captain Harlock, please.

Also, amazing battles and music.

Yay!
Old 2014-10-21, 20:04   Link #279
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Female human idol and Zentran female pilot vying for the affections of a Zolan male Macross type ship Captain Harlock, please.

Also, amazing battles and music.

Yay!
What, no space whales...?
Old 2014-10-21, 20:31   Link #280
magnuskn

While riding a space whale!