AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 05:48   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
No super version will be made
A super version would be cheaper. The game is $15 and if DLC characters are the cost of say Blazblue.. you do the math.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:58   Link #42
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A super version would be cheaper. The game is $15 and if DLC characters are the cost of say Blazblue.. you do the math.
They won't make characters that high in price for a 15 dollar game that include 8 characters already along with all the stuff with it. BB characters were 8 bucks each. Im still sour about paying for those characters and then they wouldn't allow me to upgrade for threw DLC for the little new crap in extend. Capcom didn't even screw me over in that manner. Im done supporting them.......for now.lol. I guess they coming out and saying this cuz they don't want to ward people off and they don't know how many characters are even going to be made. It could be just two characters when all said and done at 3 dollars a pop. Don't see them even being 5 dollars at max like KOFXIII did or even making more than 2 characters to be honest.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:04   Link #43
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
They won't make characters that high in price for a 15 dollar game that include 8 characters already along with all the stuff with it.
Um... they really don't have a choice here. Sony and Microsoft have final say on price, and Microsoft in particular prefer higher prices on DLC.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:08   Link #44
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Um... they really don't have a choice here. Sony and Microsoft have final say on price, and Microsoft in particular prefer higher prices on DLC.
That goes games published by Microsoft. When did Microsoft tell Arc Systems they had to charge you 8 bucks for BB characters? Their is a policy in place but its not that kind of deal.
Battlefield 4
Old 2012-04-07, 06:10   Link #45
Tokkan

Quote:
That goes games published by Microsoft. When did Microsoft tell Arc Systems they had to charge you 8 bucks for BB characters? Their is a policy in place but its not that kind of deal.
No, it doesn't go for games published by Microsoft, it goes for games published on Microsoft's service which they get a sizable cut of the sales profits from.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:14   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality

8 characters for $15. If DLC characters were $3 (lol @ that price for the amount of work that goes into these characters) than as soon as it hits 6 DLC characters you would've been better off with a Super version. $5 and it's 4 characters....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:19   Link #47
Chase

Quote:
No, it doesn't go for games published by Microsoft, it goes for games published on Microsoft's service which they get a sizable cut of the sales profits from.
Those companies like Capcom are making the base prices at the end of the day. Games published by Microsoft have no say so really. But companies like Capcom etc determine the base price of the dlc and they go from their with Microsoft and Sony as to what the percentage is. 8 dollars a character was not largely due to Microsoft. That was mainly Arc Systems doing setting it that high. I guarantee you won't see these characters come close to that price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
8 characters for $15. If DLC characters were $3 (lol @ that price for the amount of work that goes into these characters) than as soon as it hits 6 DLC characters you would've been better off with a Super version. $5 and it's 4 characters....
Considering how long it took them to get to this point with the number they have, again i don't see that happening outside the few characters. They been very touchy about the number of characters and balance this whole time. I don't see them all of a sudden backing off of that.
Battlefield 4
Old 2012-04-07, 06:37   Link #48
Tokkan

Quote:
Those companies like Capcom are making the base prices at the end of the day. Games published by Microsoft have no say so really. But companies like Capcom etc determine the base price of the dlc and they go from their with Microsoft and Sony as to what the percentage is. 8 dollars a character was not largely due to Microsoft. That was mainly Arc Systems doing setting that it that high. I guarantee you won't see these characters come close to that price point.
That's not how it works. Content released through XBL or PSN has to be submitted for certification with Microsoft and Sony before they can be released and both companies are well within their rights to reject submissions based on things such as price points. Microsoft in particular are less likely to accept low price points, in fact they're the reason free DLC is very rare.

Hell, it's not only content released on XBL/PSN, disc-based games also have to be submitted to Microsoft and Sony and in that case certification can take upwards of 3 months as opposed to the 3-5 week certification for digital stuff. That's half the reason day 1 DLC exists, the other half being that the publishers and manufacturers want more money.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:47   Link #49
Chase

Quote:
That's not how it works. Content released through XBL or PSN has to be submitted for certification with Microsoft and Sony before they can be released and both companies are well within their rights to reject submissions based on things such as price points. Microsoft in particular are less likely to accept low price points, in fact they're the reason free DLC is very rare.

Hell, it's not only content released on XBL/PSN, disc-based games also have to be submitted to Microsoft and Sony and in that case certification can take upwards of 3 months as opposed to the 3-5 week certification for digital stuff. That's half the reason day 1 DLC exists, (the other half being that the publishers and manufacturers want more money).
I already know about the certifcation but these companies are making the high on content in comparison to others based on their decisions at the end of day. Their is not any reason for Microsoft to tell arc system that hey your characters are going to cost 8 bucks but then turn around and tell Atlus but we gon let you slide with 5 dollars. These companies have say so also. You know what Arc's reason was for their price point? "We put our heart and soul into each character to make them you unique". Come on now. Its a mutual thing. Some companies chose to be more greedy than others, thats the main thing going on here. Capcom being one of the biggest offenders at the moment. Just look at the SFxTK BS. The funny thing is it looks to have backfired this time as sales are no where near what they hoped.
Battlefield 4
Old 2012-04-07, 06:55   Link #50
Chase

I and can gurantee you won't see these characters approach BB level in price nor will you see more than a few characters pop up for this. I'll definitely up this thread when it happens.
Battlefield 4
Old 2012-04-19, 01:23   Link #51
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Double is the most interesting character and what an ending!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:33   Link #52
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Damn, I need to buy this. I shall this weekend I think. Get me some Ms Fortune action!
Old 2012-04-24, 09:13   Link #53
EmagEvil

Tried the demo, only 2 playable characters, it's so so...

.... Looks like an occidental version of Arcana Heart! But the character design is questionable and the choice is 4 times fewer!
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:50   Link #54
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's coming to PC and PS3.
Old 2012-05-06, 14:11   Link #55
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It is already on PS3. Released for it on April 10th.

Anyway, I hope that update patch comes soon. An in-game move list would be very nice to have.
Old 2012-05-06, 15:32   Link #56
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Tried the demo, feels insanely clunky on XBOX 360 for me because of the controller. PS3 fares better, but then I'm caught at the tutorial mode where it seems like only seasoned veterans of the fighting game genre will be comfortable with.

"j.hk"
"s.lk"
"c.hp"

That's how they direct you for combos. You can't even see which buttons to use until you go into the menu, pull up the config screen and then match them up with the buttons on your controller. Then you exit, then you try it, and then you go back again to find the next one. Annoying for someone who isn't really a hardcore fighting game fan.

Aside from that, the game itself isn't bad. I can't help but feel like 8 characters feels small since I was kind of unfairly comparing it to MY favourite fighter Marvel VS. Capcom 2. The music's nice, the visuals are crisp and clean, but the 8 characters kind of feel as if there's not enough distinction between them to actually really notice during gameplay (at least for me). Sit there and look and you'll see it, but for me I could pick random on every character and not really care. Rina Adachi is helping with a project of mine, so it's damn cool to see her show up as a VA in stuff like this and Castle Crashers. For the VA, it did set a nice setting and works pretty well.

Overall, I think I'd keep the demo and play around with it here and there, but I'm not going to buy it, really.
Old 2012-05-06, 15:53   Link #57
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I'm caught at the tutorial mode where it seems like only seasoned veterans of the fighting game genre will be comfortable with.
I don't think there is actually a fighting game with a proper tutorial...
Old 2012-05-06, 16:21   Link #58
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I don't think there is actually a fighting game with a proper tutorial...
Which is why I end up mashing buttons (and still winning half of the time).
See why I'm not the biggest fan of these games?
Old 2012-05-06, 16:50   Link #59
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

"j.hk"
"s.lk"
"c.hp"
Jumping Hard Kick
Standing Light Kick
Crouching Hard Punch
Old 2012-05-06, 17:24   Link #60
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Jumping Hard Kick
Standing Light Kick
Crouching Hard Punch
Yeah, I figured. Still doesn't fix the "checking for buttons" stuff. Standard fighting games have buttons shown on screen when you push them, I believe.

Tags
arcade, fighting game, ps3, ps_vita