AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-23, 22:50   Link #2281
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
hey, what do you guys think about my armory?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Llane&n=Satosu
Mutilate specc with mace in mh? WTF?
Old 2009-01-24, 02:28   Link #2282
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
hey, what do you guys think about my armory?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Llane&n=Satosu
Cloak and boots are unenchanted. Boots aren't socketed. Not sure if you got these recently and the changes aren't reflected in armory. Not sure why you have those STR enchants on bracers and hands. Even with Vot3W and full Kings, you're not going to get the same benefit as 50 AP to bracers and 44AP to hands. You're also below the hit cap by 1.32% although you might make it up with your 2nd trinket (it's showing a pvp trinket atm). Not sure why you have an AP/Crit gem in your chest either.

You're expertise capped which is good. Decent weapon too. Leveling a second profession would be beneficial.
Old 2009-01-24, 04:01   Link #2283
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Mutilate specc with mace in mh? WTF?
sense when did Weapon types matter?

and yes I did get several items recently, and I'm lvling minning to get money for my epic flyer, I can easly get 8% Hit rating. Most enchants were Free, so don't think I don't know what to get.

when I said rate it, I ment on the Gear its self, like i said, I can change my stats real easy atm. but im too lazy and wonna save up for mount first... no matter what.

once i'm done with the mount, I'll be setting up my gear with the good shit.

and sense ya wonna get all Eliteist on me :P please list the enchants and gems I should put in my armor.
Old 2009-01-24, 05:07   Link #2284
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well you left a lot open for interpretation with your question, usually when people just link an armory and go 'omg what u thunk' the responses will be critical, some will be friendly and helpful while others will be down right nasty in their criticism. So just make sure to ask what you really want if you want specifics, can't blame them for their responses.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:33   Link #2285
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Well you left a lot open for interpretation with your question, usually when people just link an armory and go 'omg what u thunk' the responses will be critical, some will be friendly and helpful while others will be down right nasty in their criticism. So just make sure to ask what you really want if you want specifics, can't blame them for their responses.
I was not blaming them I wanted a serious answer, but also with tips to what i should do, instead of what Im missing.
Old 2009-01-24, 12:47   Link #2286
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Ran a heroic UP with one pug, he wanted the sword off the last boss really badly and made that clear, and was also really annoying saying "let's go" everytime tank slowed down for a second. We kill the boss, sword drops, he wins roll, sword isn't looted to him probably because his bags were full, he drops group and hearths out without ever picking it up. I even tried to be nice and warn him before he did that. Man I wish I could see his reaction when he finally realizes.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 13:33   Link #2287
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Ran a heroic UP with one pug, he wanted the sword off the last boss really badly and made that clear, and was also really annoying saying "let's go" everytime tank slowed down for a second. We kill the boss, sword drops, he wins roll, sword isn't looted to him probably because his bags were full, he drops group and hearths out without ever picking it up. I even tried to be nice and warn him before he did that. Man I wish I could see his reaction when he finally realizes.
Wow, that's... hilarious.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 17:46   Link #2288
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
hahaha, idiot.. I would have just let him leave and give it to who ever could use it.
Old 2009-01-24, 18:34   Link #2289
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Yeah.. we did a guild run of Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle, for the sole reason of getting that sword for the Tank, who has been running it religiously every day to get that tanking sword... and we brought a new hunter along - We always try to bring one lower geared player on heroics to help guild progression. So Red Sword of Courage finally drops for the tank, and the hunter, who dished out a whopping 950 dps, needs and wins the roll... never gkicked a player so fast -_-
It was you wasn't it RWB! Your story is just a cover for the real crime!
Old 2009-01-24, 23:51   Link #2290
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
It was you wasn't it RWB! Your story is just a cover for the real crime!
Yeah, I changed all my gear to look undergeared and hacked Blizzard's server transfer cooldown to move to that server, and then back for guild 10-man Naxx tonight. Gonna do it again tomorrow too. Can never have too many of that sword. Will probably ninja it from a horde guild this time.

On a somewhat related note, I read a forum post one time where some guy said King Ymiron sounded like Cookie Monster. He DOES, and it made me laugh hearing it and thinking about that.
Old 2009-01-25, 05:47   Link #2291
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Would this be a good way to do a Survival spec? I suck at BM on my Hunter alt, I really want to do a Survival DPS spec instead.
Old 2009-01-25, 09:27   Link #2292
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I actually recommend taking Aimed Shot instead of Scatter, it's excellent for throwing in between Explosive Shots when Lock and Load procs. I also have full points into TnT (explosive shot is main source of damage so the higher the crit chance the better) and Noxious Stings (9% extra damage from everything you do just for keeping Serpent Sting up is pretty significant). Most of the builds I was looking at and what I ended up going with did not put full points into Expose Weakness or Hunting Party. Your crit rate as Survival should typically be high enough that these buffs will pretty much always be up with only 2 points in each. Not to mention, with all the various raid buffs in the last 25 man Naxx, myself and the other Survival hunter also specced 2/5 HP were actually ending boss fights with full mana.
Old 2009-01-25, 10:15   Link #2293
Mr Hat and Clogs

Nerf hunters!

There's this hunter I've grouped with a few times leveling my mage, cocky bastard in t5 or t6 always goes on about how he can beat level 80's in dps and so on (sad thing is he can, but so can I which is also sad, how some people are that bad I'll never know!). Anyway, he was averaging ~1700 dps @ 72 with some fights spiking to ~2200. Pretty good I'd say, but my god exploding shot is just the biggest cheese ever, I can't talk though Arcane looks to be the new fotm QQ. Also is there some 'sploit' with traps, I saw something mentioned of it on the forums but I don't really care enough to look it up since I don't have a hunter that high, I just remembered this guy running into melee range at the start on pulls before backing up to shoot.

Anyway, despit his mildly annoying consistent bragging it was pretty good cause he's like the first person to give my mage any competition in instances and she is in quest greens (and some blues now!). I average ~1400 dps, although have spiked once or twice with lots of crits and AP up to 2000 dps (planets aligning and all that).

Oh yeah mentioning of bad level 80's, I came across a level 80 blood DK in my instancing who was roped into the group somehow, but he was just... horrible. Obliterating 2 seconds after putting a disease up, using Blood Strike over Heart Strike with multiple mobs around, and just hitting random keys. He did a whooping 700 dps, but that wasn't the kicker... oh no. I asked him after a while of watching this travesty unfold "Whats your rotation, your diseases aren't lasting very long" his answer, and I quote this verbatim was "Whats a rotation" I declared him a lost cause at that point, but being the polite kind person that I am (shush! I'm aware of the irony) I offered to him a standard blood DPS rotation (4 Heart Strike rotation), and said that he'd get much better results if he did that - very politely of course, since I don't like to upset people cause I know people get touchy if you tell them they can do something better. But I did upset someone, the druid healer. They told me I was rude for giving people advice when they didn't ask for it and I should mind my own business. It was at this point my usual cynicism kicked in and I washed my hands of the entire situation and just went back to beating the shit out of a level 80 'dps' DK so as to get out of their as fast as possible.
Old 2009-01-25, 10:28   Link #2294
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Also is there some 'sploit' with traps, I saw something mentioned of it on the forums but I don't really care enough to look it up since I don't have a hunter that high, I just remembered this guy running into melee range at the start on pulls before backing up to shoot.
It's not an exploit, Lock and Load has an intended 100% chance to proc off of traps. I don't use that aspect of it though since I am spec'd into full Sniper Training and thus I feel it benefits me more to stay at max range. I am going to try it out on Thaddius next week though.

Quote:
But I did upset someone, the druid healer. They told me I was rude for giving people advice when they didn't ask for it and I should mind my own business. It was at this point my utter cynicism kicked in and I washed my hands of the entire situation and just went back to beating the shit out of a level 80 'dps' DK so as to get out of their as fast as possible.
I'd have left the group, I don't let idiots like that chew me out for anything. Pride is worth much more than gear/quest exp/achievements/whatever.
Old 2009-01-25, 10:38   Link #2295
Mr Hat and Clogs

Was near the end of the run anyway there was only the Ormorok and Keristrasza left and I didn't want to look for another group to do it again. You should have noticed by now I'll usually milk a group for all its worth even if its bad - although I do have a breaking point. I just whinge about it or go to my 'happy place'.
Old 2009-01-25, 12:26   Link #2296
tkdtiger

I got my characters back : ) I think I'm going to make some changes to my rogue. Right now I'm going assasination rogue, but I think I messed up on some of the talents I chose.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 16:00   Link #2297
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Would this be a good way to do a Survival spec? I suck at BM on my Hunter alt, I really want to do a Survival DPS spec instead.
Pretty much what RW said. This is what I'm specced as atm:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=coZ0eVoohZe00i0cIhxdAhcd

You'll find different variations, but the SV part pretty much stays the same. I usually weave in Aimed Shot all the time and not just on LnL procs. Your mana regen should allow you to do this without too many exceptions.

Quote:
It's not an exploit, Lock and Load has an intended 100% chance to proc off of traps. I don't use that aspect of it though since I am spec'd into full Sniper Training and thus I feel it benefits me more to stay at max range. I am going to try it out on Thaddius next week though.
Yeah, LnL off of traps is purely situational for me. If I can do it without too much inconvenience I will. It was fun to camp the Undercity entrance and lay out freezing traps to trap Alliance trying to talk to the Horde elders. Trap > LnL proc > Explosive > Aimed > Explosive > Explosive lol. Surprised that only 2 decided to fight back even when it was only me around.
Old 2009-01-26, 02:01   Link #2298
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I thought Aimed Shot was too slow in the rotation?
Old 2009-01-26, 02:06   Link #2299
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Aimed shot is instant cast.
Old 2009-01-26, 04:20   Link #2300
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

.................................................. ..............

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows