AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-13, 17:47   Link #941
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
10 more eps to go, and we have at least like what, 7 plus volumes of light novels to cover. I wonder how the talented crew of this adaptation can pull gymnastics on this.
Old 2008-10-13, 17:47   Link #942
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Caveat: I've not read the manga nor the novels (though I've recently started acquiring them)

Hmmm, I have to counter a bit that I thought the anime DID express her loneliness and fragility
I'd say that what's missing isn't her loneliness. It's the trust they have for each other.

Spoiler for novel/manga:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 17:48   Link #943
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Everyone on this forum have the right to his opinions, and should respecting other's opinions.
Who said that

Burn that traitor hehehe or let him get eaten by a taiga hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for novel/manga:
If someone did not see this show or read about it, he/she would think that this is a hentai or ecchi show
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 17:51   Link #944
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Just as planned.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:00   Link #945
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I need more Toradora
Old 2008-10-13, 18:07   Link #946
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is a 1-cour series? bleh.... that's unfortunate (unless they're going to go multiple cour based on ratings response).
Old 2008-10-13, 18:13   Link #947
stormy001_M1A2

From what I was told, it seems to be one shot deal. But, I can be wrong.
Old 2008-10-13, 18:31   Link #948
ac3y

That's going to be interesting...
They'd have to pull almost a 1:1 volume:episode ratio.

Not being too familiar with light novel to anime adaptations, I don't know if that's ridiculously fast, but it certainly seems so to me.
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:31   Link #949
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
This is a 1-cour series? bleh.... that's unfortunate (unless they're going to go multiple cour based on ratings response).
Index is JC Staffs 2-cour series this season
Old 2008-10-13, 19:18   Link #950
SkoolRumble4Ya

I hope they do more of this series because it's good as hell. There is no boring part for me in the show.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 19:49   Link #951
typhonsentra

Does cour (Course?) refer merely to the length of the season? Because I think we've known Toradora's season would be 12/13 episodes for some time now.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 20:55   Link #952
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Vexx, once again you bring the voice of wisdom to this beat to death conversation!

...and I agree with your point!

I'd also like to point out (as a non manga/novel reader), on my first viewing of the confession scene, I caught the subtext of Taiga's speech and I also felt that Kitamura also caught it, thus he didn't feel like such a heel for rejecting her knowing that Ryuuji is there for her (even if she doesn't realize it yet!).

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:34   Link #953
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Does cour (Course?) refer merely to the length of the season? Because I think we've known Toradora's season would be 12/13 episodes for some time now.
Ya'll may have known it but for some reason I missed that nugget of data. My bad.

@CrowKenobi: yeah, it was clear as day where Kitamura was going with his words to Taiga. And seriously, I thought that was the dearest little heartrending confession I've seen in ages. You can just feel her completely knotting up inside while hyperventilating. There was one other confession that actually had me muttering "come on you can do it" but I'm forgetting which series it was (will edit when I recall).
Old 2008-10-14, 03:08   Link #954
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

And so, with the second episode, this series has become a lot more watchable for me. Taiga has made significant progress in differentiating herself as a character from Rie Kugimiya's past roles, and the story itself has progressed further than I had expected. I can easily see this being just 1 cour in length, as the pace of the second episode resolved more than some other shows would in an entire season. I'm now definitely interested in continuing to follow this show.

Also, I didn't notice it in the first episode, but the second one really opened my ears to the fact that Minori is voiced by Horie Yui. Minori's character is completely different from what I initially expected, but that's actually a good thing, as I predict many laughs to come from her.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 05:13   Link #955
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
And so, with the second episode, this series has become a lot more watchable for me. Taiga has made significant progress in differentiating herself as a character from Rie Kugimiya's past roles, and the story itself has progressed further than I had expected. I can easily see this being just 1 cour in length, as the pace of the second episode resolved more than some other shows would in an entire season. I'm now definitely interested in continuing to follow this show.

Also, I didn't notice it in the first episode, but the second one really opened my ears to the fact that Minori is voiced by Horie Yui. Minori's character is completely different from what I initially expected, but that's actually a good thing, as I predict many laughs to come from her.
Well it depends on sponsorship. If there is enough money, they might make it 2 seasons, who knows. But to my knowledge, they only have plans for 1 season so far. So it is either a very fanciful summary of 8 volumes of novels or something else entirely different from the novels which I don't see it so far.
Old 2008-10-14, 08:27   Link #956
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Somehow I doubt that. For some reason I dislike Minorin, and I can't figure out why. Whenever I see her and she's being a weirdo it just makes me cringe.

Quote:
Ya'll may have known it but for some reason I missed that nugget of data. My bad.

@CrowKenobi: yeah, it was clear as day where Kitamura was going with his words to Taiga. And seriously, I thought that was the dearest little heartrending confession I've seen in ages. You can just feel her completely knotting up inside while hyperventilating. There was one other confession that actually had me muttering "come on you can do it" but I'm forgetting which series it was (will edit when I recall).
You can do it little Taiga! Go go! Get a paper bag if you have to! Fighto, Fighto!

!BREAK HIS FACE!
Old 2008-10-14, 11:28   Link #957
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Somehow I doubt that. For some reason I dislike Minorin, and I can't figure out why. Whenever I see her and she's being a weirdo it just makes me cringe.
It didn't not made me cringe, but this hyperactive weirdo is going on my nerve.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 11:48   Link #958
JediNight
キズランダム

Yeah her whole shouting and then leaping forward into the formal bow was weird. I don't remember her coming off as that spastic in the manga/novels...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 12:01   Link #959
typhonsentra

With Minori, I didn't really notice just how crazy she was supposed to be until maybe the third book. She'd talk about making buckets of pudding and make pervy jokes with Taiga but it wasn't until much later that we see how hyperactive she is. The OP/ED scenes with her capture her personality perfectly.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 12:14   Link #960
stormy001_M1A2

Minorin is ADHD poster child, Ryuji is a OCD standard bearer, Taiga has anti-social tendencies and soon to come Ami is a histrionic hedonist princess. Kitamura has god complex.

What is there not to love about this series?

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen