AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-03, 09:20   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Darker Than Black - Episode 09 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black, Episode 09.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-12-03, 09:52   Link #2
Bombo
TSF Fans

Kiko and Gai
I can't wait for it
Old 2009-12-03, 09:57   Link #3
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Some Yin, please. If that's not so much to ask. <_<

This week's FMA was awesomesauce. This week's DTB better live up to it.
Old 2009-12-03, 10:42   Link #4
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This is gonna be one hilarious episode with the detectives

And Hei better shaves!
Old 2009-12-03, 11:45   Link #5
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Courtesy of Artemisa and the DTB Fan Club o BA

Starting with episodes teasers:
Spoiler for teasers:
Text: Edit 3 SHOCKING NEWS!!! (Date "Shocking News" occurred has been added)
Episode 9 spoilers
Text:
Spoiler for ep9:
Pics:
Spoiler for ep9:

Last edited by Amirali; 2009-12-03 at 12:29. Reason: Removed a few teasers. I am not sure it it's against the spoiler rule.
Old 2009-12-03, 11:59   Link #6
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Spoiler for Ep09:

Last edited by Ice Block; 2009-12-03 at 12:44. Reason: corrections
Old 2009-12-03, 12:34   Link #7
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Spoiler for 9:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-12-03, 12:35   Link #8
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Courtesy of Artemisa and the DTB Fan Club o BA (Updated spoilers above)
I don-t know if this is a Yin pic but maybe you can tell me

Spoiler for Mystery Character?:
Old 2009-12-03, 12:38   Link #9
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wild Mass Guessing time!

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Old 2009-12-03, 13:35   Link #10
Lummie

Wow, the BMG was so fitting in Hei's scene, it's the same one from the PV trailer they aired earlier. It's great to see our old Hei back in action again.

Also yay, we saw again a glimpse from Amber Now i only hope on her full revival XD.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:02   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oh, yeah! Suou died "eight" years before, according to her mother. Curiouser and curiouser. So it appears that Shion -- or father? or? -- created a clone/duplicate then or sometime between then and two years ago that has lived as Suou up to now. Clones are human, too.

Beautifully arranged, with the mother calling her "Shion" as the last word in the main episode. Then the final revelation in the car, as they were driving down the highway.

And it appears I needn't have worried about the detectives. They were mildly amusing, didn't take up much time, and actually had a function: to help Suou find her mother.

What is Madame Oreille's interest in this? Did she know that Suou meeting her mother would set off something like this?

Why does Hei want Kyouko?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:35   Link #12
Cinocard

Quote:
Oh, yeah! Suou died "eight" years before, according to her mother. Curiouser and curiouser. So it appears that Shion -- or father? or? -- created a clone/duplicate then or sometime between then and two years ago that has lived as Suou up to now. Clones are human, too.
If she died eight years before, then the clone was created only two year ago, then the Sou in the past at the beginning of Ep 1 was a clone too? Won't there be a six year memory gap? They can transfer memory, but nothing has been said about creating a complete new ones.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:51   Link #13
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Why does Hei want Kyouko?
I could think of a few things, but mostl likely it's either concerning Yin, or his lost powers as BK201.
Old 2009-12-03, 15:06   Link #14
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I could think of a few things, but mostl likely it's either concerning Yin, or his lost powers as BK201.
Or it was a request from Madame Oreille because he couldn't have obtained the necessary info about the important members within section 3 without an informant.
Old 2009-12-03, 15:11   Link #15
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'd think that kidnapping Kyouko is a very unsubtle way of gathering information, though.

Also, isn't she supposed to be Dr. Schraeder's protegee? I know, I know, the mad scientist was particularly open to dispense information regarding his work, but that doesn't mean his student would be as forthcoming.
Old 2009-12-03, 15:21   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
If she died eight years before, then the clone was created only two year ago, then the Sou in the past at the beginning of Ep 1 was a clone too? Won't there be a six year memory gap? They can transfer memory, but nothing has been said about creating a complete new ones.
I'm thinking that the Suou in ep1 was probably a clone/double created several years before, with memory transfer from the original. The original died when she was six, eight years ago. So the Suou we know has always been the new one. The only time we've seen the original Suou was at the aquarium, with Shion and both parents, when she was 3-6. EDIT: Or else a double died, and mom is being kept in the dark -- not likely, but possible.

Shion can apparently create a new person, since he appears to have created a new Dr. Pavlichenko. Or that's how it seems. Dr. P's strong injunction to Suou not to spend too much time in Shion's room means something important, I think, but I don't know what.

I noticed that Suou's mother had a string of origami cranes hanging from her rearview mirror. Suou's mother is played by the wonderful veteran Tamagawa Sakiko, who had roles in Oniisama-e... and GITS:SAC, and is Tsujimoto in You're Under Arrest, Onashia in Simoun, and Fujitsubo in the recent Genji. She was my choice as best supporting actress of the year for that last role.

Kiko is played by Katou Emiri, who was Kagami in Lucky Star, as well as Blair in Soul Eater and Hachikuji in Bakemonogatari.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-03 at 16:23.
Old 2009-12-03, 15:35   Link #17
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

GAI and KIKO
キタ――(゚∀゚)――!!

*tears*
Oh, what an emotional moment... I was worried they would never appear again.
Kind of sad it seems their appearance time is over now though... Though they did some work in the actual plot (again).
That Glasses also made a reappearance, but she hasn't aged either...
The two at the end... Kyaa~ *heart* Gai being cool, you say...?!
Uhaha, anyways, good job, staff.

Ahh~... There was some other development for the other characters too... Right, um... Yeah... Ah... Great.
I guess I'll just go:
(;・`д・´)Wha-what did you say!!(`・д´・;)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-12-03, 16:04   Link #18
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'd think that kidnapping Kyouko is a very unsubtle way of gathering information, though.

Also, isn't she supposed to be Dr. Schraeder's protegee? I know, I know, the mad scientist was particularly open to dispense information regarding his work, but that doesn't mean his student would be as forthcoming.
I think i'm misunderstood I didn't say he kidnapped her for information about section 3. I said that he perhaps kidnapped her on request of Madame Oreille. Why do i bring up Madame Oreille? Because it's weird for Hei to suddenly know where section 3 is established and especially to recognize Youko directly as his target without having the necessary information + he never met her in person. That's where i place Madame Oreille as a important piece in this chess game. I suspect her that she still is giving Hei jobs.
Old 2009-12-03, 16:37   Link #19
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Shit just got real. In addition, one of the more prevalent theories regarding Suou and Shion have been confirmed.

It was really fun to see Kiko and Guy again. They managed to help Suou out and get the gears turning for the next segment of the series. Kinda funny Guy pulled through with this case.

It was really nice to see that Misaki is a little more cooperative with her troupe since they are on the same level in terms of knowledge of their employers and objectives.
Reason behind Kyouko's kidnapping probably has something to with what she told Misaki - that one shouldn't think of her as an ally. I guess there's probably more to her than glasses and tits.
Also:
>Hei
>Kidnapping an older woman

The show just divided by zero, damn. This marks the return of our Black Reaper, and they're saving the getup for the climax. I just hope the possibility of his abilities returning doesn't involve Suou dying (again).

Great episode. Look forward to next week. Judging from the preview, I guess mom abandons Suou ;_;
Old 2009-12-03, 17:52   Link #20
Df-tommy

Did anyone else notice that the PTRD Shion used is completely reversed?
Closed Thread