Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 04:47   Link #961
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I had a pile of dragon skeletons in the yard of the college. Thankfully they despawn in a few days.

It's an incredibly easy place to fight them, you just hide behind the pillars and shoot with magic. Just not one too close, they can grab you in their jaws through a pillar for instant death.

As a mage it's the ordinary high level guys with big weapons and beasts that are giving me trouble. Something like a bear scares me more than anything, which is kinda cool.
Get the stagger perk. Boom, game offers no challenge, unless faced with multiple enemies :x.

Vallen : Wut? Level 70 is max... Unless you got a mod to raise the level cap, but I still doubt you'd be even level 70, because the leveling slows down considerably when you reach 50.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:09   Link #962
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Speaking of Lydia eating bread upstairs, why, out of all the places in the house, does she need to constantly watch my bed? Seriously, there's dedication, and then there's creepy.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:13   Link #963
Dist

I killed Lydia in my house, and I can't get rid of her body . It also is annoying how '' her '' bed still is '' owned '' even though the house was MINE to begin with -_-.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:32   Link #964
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Speaking of Lydia eating bread upstairs, why, out of all the places in the house, does she need to constantly watch my bed? Seriously, there's dedication, and then there's creepy.
"I will protect you.... Dragonborn."
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:41   Link #965
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Get the stagger perk. Boom, game offers no challenge, unless faced with multiple enemies :x.

Vallen : Wut? Level 70 is max... Unless you got a mod to raise the level cap, but I still doubt you'd be even level 70, because the leveling slows down considerably when you reach 50.
81 is the level cap. So 80 perks overall. Look it up on a wiki. Never underestimate a power-leveler who knows how to hold keys down overnight.

Anyway, it explains why Lydia dies when I so much as breaths a spell in her general direction. She has health levels equivalent to a mudcrab. No wonder magic resistance didn't make her any tougher.
Old 2011-11-21, 06:05   Link #966
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The mechanics for the dragons seem pretty easy. But that's probably for early gameplay? When you get higher, the dragons might get incredibly difficult that the bandits will look like rats compared to them.
Well not really , even if you fight Ancestral Dragon , the gameplay is still the same.
Honestly , the high mage give more challenge. Specially the one that slow you down and Hit&Run.

See what does a Fus Ro Dah irl :

-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 09:26   Link #967
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No time for privacy when groups like DB can slip in and slit your throat
Old 2011-11-21, 10:41   Link #968
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Jordis the Sword Maiden has been hired, armed with Lydia's hand-me downs.

To see what difference it made for her to be hired when I am at level 81, I ordered her to attack two giants; on her own.

She killed both of them with barely a scratch.

I think I like her.

Pity Lydia is not that different from her, it's just that she gets a low level because most would want a house ASAP and that means getting her early in Whiterun. Oh well, Jordis is nearly her exact copy anyway. I wonder if she would be willing to use an enchanted bow? Lydia refused for some reason.

Update: She just killed THREE mammoths on her own, at the same time. I have a feeling a level 81 Follower just might be Boss-level. I would hate to fight her.

Let's see if she can tank a Elder Dragon next.
Old 2011-11-21, 10:51   Link #969
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I thought the followers level up with you? So their level actually is when you get their love nest house?

Joking aside,why else a Thane need a female body guard, right?
Old 2011-11-21, 11:09   Link #970
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I thought the followers level up with you? So their level actually is when you get their love nest house?

Joking aside,why else a Thane need a female body guard, right?
Apparently that's what the guide say, but both the Wiki and my own testing claim otherwise.

Lydia would die if I so much as cast a fireball in the same postcode as where she is. But Jordis can tank direct Fireball hits from me and she barely noticed.

EDIT: Tested again. Using anti-magic armour, Lydia was able to tank three of my fireballs before dying. But Jordis in the same armour took a dozen fireball hits, with a barely moved health bar, before she decided she had enough and shanked me.

UPDATE: Jordis just single handedly killed an Elder Dragon with 2/3 of her health remaining. All the more impressive because the Dragon is level scaled. It was damn impressive to watch.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-11-21 at 11:47.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 14:58   Link #971
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
You can disable then enable a certain NPC and their stats will be reset to match your current level.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 15:13   Link #972
Aqua Knight

I like all those small detail in Skyrim, today I was walking with my elven dagger and someone said smthing like this " Why elven blade, Nord steel not good enough for you?"
That's awesome.
Currently doing non-guild and non-main quests just to enjoy them before main quests and more dragons.
Old 2011-11-21, 15:38   Link #973
Dist

Most side quests are better than the MQ, if not all -_-. Just did a quest to obtain the Elder Scroll, as well as a daedric artefact, a book, that upgrades all skills from a certain field by 5 when read. I chose Magic so it gave 5 skill levelups from each school plus to Enchanting. I reloaded previous save though because I feel this will be more useful once i reach level 50 and the leveling slows down.

Also earlier did a quest to obtain a Dawnbreaker, nice sword with 10pts fire damage and fiery explosion when used against undead. It shines with a bright light... I'm '' supposed '' to use it to purge the world, but for my evil character I'll rather use and taint it's light with blood from all those who stand before me.
Old 2011-11-21, 16:49   Link #974
Simonsy

Any word on first expansion or is this having DLC

I know the game just came out and I have plenty to do, so not worried about it at all, just with how today games are it seems that before the games even get released they already have expansions or dlc stated and their dates. So was just curious.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 17:02   Link #975
Tiberium Wolf

I tried that cat in the mage college and man. He does good with magic but once he runs out of mana he goes melee. I even gave him a shield and a dagger but all he does it to go bare hand. Even if you give him a bow he won't fire (I didn't forget the arrows). Sometimes he gets naked for some reason lol.

So no ones knows how to help me get Lydia back??? She's missing.
Old 2011-11-21, 17:14   Link #976
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Any word on first expansion or is this having DLC

I know the game just came out and I have plenty to do, so not worried about it at all, just with how today games are it seems that before the games even get released they already have expansions or dlc stated and their dates. So was just curious.
I wouldn't doubt the thalmor being a DLC later on.
Old 2011-11-21, 17:18   Link #977
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I wouldn't doubt the thalmor being a DLC later on.
Although they might keep most of it for the full sequel. They needed a new sequel hook after the coming of the World Eater.
Old 2011-11-21, 17:18   Link #978
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw, City Guards respawn, right? Because I just stealh-killed about 6 guards in Riften due to euphoria of finally getting the Assassin's Blade perk in my new character lol.

Since my character took the left smithing perk tree, I can't make easy money by clearing out Dwemer ruins to craft dwarven weapons. Well, at least I can still sell them raw for a decent profit too.

What do you guys think is the optimum stats allocation for specific builds? In my previous warrior, I raised stamina to 200, and I already felt that's plenty and thought I should spend it on health for the remainding levels. In my current stealthy mage, I raise health as I raise my magicka in 1:1 ratio, but I still have mana problems. I play on expert, so health sometimes become an issue, if not the biggest problem in the earlier levels. I'm starting to think that it would be better to just dump all stats to health since I can always enchant a fortify destrucion 100% later, but I'm a bit uneasy because that feels too cheesy.

Oh, and I'd like to ask, does base mana regen in this game works as a percentage and not a certain amount regen'ed per second? What I mean is would it take the same amount of time to fully regen mana from naught for characters who have 100 and 200 mana? And mana regen enhancement works by multipling their rate to the base mana regen, right? So suppose I regen 10% mana per second and I have 100% more mana regen, I'll regen about 20% per second now?
Old 2011-11-21, 18:11   Link #979
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So, I decided to tell the Greybeards to have a rain-check, and instead am busying myself with the little sidequests in the Winterhold School. There's this one sidequest in particular that's confusing me though, as I'm not sure WHERE I'm supposed to go to; specifically this is the 'purifying magical nodes' quest. I understand that they're outside the school grounds somewhat, but the map isn't really that helpful...
Old 2011-11-21, 18:15   Link #980
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
So, I decided to tell the Greybeards to have a rain-check, and instead am busying myself with the little sidequests in the Winterhold School. There's this one sidequest in particular that's confusing me though, as I'm not sure WHERE I'm supposed to go to; specifically this is the 'purifying magical nodes' quest. I understand that they're outside the school grounds somewhat, but the map isn't really that helpful...
The nodes are the blue fountain things you see when you enter the college. One in the middle of the courtyard, another where the mages sleep and the third I think is the one on the bridge.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim