Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-12, 00:45   Link #41
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUIDCELL
Don't you mean Mamoro the Doctor? Then it applies to the anime, since we see that the Doctor=Mamoro/Haruka's lookalike husband had painted the girl (Reika)
---means he had Ayato's memories?
Are you referring to the doctor in charge of Quon? His name is Itsuki. Mamoru is Hiroko's boyfriend. (sort of.)

Regarding the ending,

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 05:21   Link #42
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Regarding Itsuki and Ayato--

Spoiler:
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 05:35   Link #43
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Itsuki was obviously in love with Haruka. Quon is just his little sister I think... or is it...

Spoiler:

for one moment I thought Quon was in love with the commander
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 05:57   Link #44
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-14, 04:14   Link #45
dreamless

I don't really think the Mulians are aliens... in one episode Ayato's Mulian classmate said something like "why do you think the sky and the ocean are blue? because they belong to the ones with blue blood", I think that implies that Mulians are native to Earth...

I don't like the movie, and I'd never mix the movie with the TV series. the movie has changed many fundamental concepts about the TV series, and imo those aspects are what makes the TV series so great. In the movie it becomes some EVA-wannabe like human vs. Angel/Mulian, and Quon becomes some evil alien XD
Old 2004-07-14, 06:22   Link #46
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I don't really think the Mulians are aliens... in one episode Ayato's Mulian classmate said something like "why do you think the sky and the ocean are blue? because they belong to the ones with blue blood", I think that implies that Mulians are native to Earth...
If by aliens you mean "from outer space" then yes, I also think that the Mulians aren't aliens. I don't think they are literally native to the Earth however, and it's something I've been wondering about myself.

On one episode, Ayato and Quon enter a tunnel and get "spirited away"--and it's in this episode (along with abrupt snapshots from proceeding episodes) that seems to suggest where the Mulians come from. Mulians didn't come from another planet, but perhaps from another dimension overlapping the human world. Interestingly, Quon and Maya were also found nearby the same tunnel a long time ago. They too are also Mulians, and as Haruka herself finds out later on through some records, they're also the first to have ever appeared in the human world. It is also suggested that Barbem was also spirited away hundreds of years ago, (or was it thousands?) from which he acquired the means and the knowledge to create the Xephon system.

Quote:
I don't like the movie, and I'd never mix the movie with the TV series.
And no, I'm not overlapping the movie and the series pound for pound. My assumptions are primarily based on the series itself--which I consider as a personal "canon" of sorts. I'm just saying that certain details from the series itself are more elaborated in the movie--such as Ayato's pre-Tokyo Jupiter school days for example. I think it would be safe to allow some comparisons with regard to these.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-07-14 at 06:45.
Old 2004-07-14, 06:52   Link #47
dreamless

Hmm... my take on the Mulians is that they were originally on Earth building great civilizations, but due to a failed tuning with RahXephon millennia ago, they were exiled to an alternate dimension... I thought Barbem was the original designer of RahXephon, living thousands of years...

one question, I still don't quite understand who set up that time shift shield around Tokyo Jupiter. the Terra forces seem to try to destroy the time shift shield, but later in the series it's said that the shield is there to seal the Mulians... did Barbem set up the shield?
Old 2004-07-14, 07:09   Link #48
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
one question, I still don't quite understand who set up that time shift shield around Tokyo Jupiter. the Terra forces seem to try to destroy the time shift shield, but later in the series it's said that the shield is there to seal the Mulians... did Barbem set up the shield?
Uhm...wasn't that the Mulians' doing? I'm not not sure either. I always had the impression that were three separate groups in the entire story--TERRA, the Mulians and the Barbem Foundation. They do have different interests after all. While the Mulians wanted to tune the world to their liking, here comes TERRA trying to save what's left of humanity. And then there's Barbem...who either wanted to tune the world for himself (through Quon) or who simply wanted to be the self-proclaimed god that would pave its way.
Old 2004-07-14, 07:20   Link #49
dreamless

I think both Terra and Mulians are just Barbem's play things. Barbem controls Terra, and Barbem controlled Maya, who is the Mulian leader... Maya later rebelled against Barbem, but even the rebellion seems to be under Barbem's plan...

I think it showed in the end that everything went according to Barbem's plan, Barbem himself said (in Helena's form) that what he wanted was to see the God he created creates the world... I guess he got what he wanted in the end...
Old 2004-07-14, 08:26   Link #50
kujoe
from head to heel

I had the same assumption as well. Barbem was really more of a schemer behind the scenes. By paving the way for certain events, he was able to put the two Olins against each other in the final battle. But since Ayato was just a supplementary catalyst of sorts for Quon, I kinda assumed that Barbem expected Quon to win--which of course didn't happen due to Quon helping Ayato in the end. I guess it wouldn't really matter who won as long as Barbem got what he wanted.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-07-14 at 09:04.
Old 2004-12-04, 06:13   Link #51
T2R
Escape the void..

Question A question about Rahxephon.. Episode 10

I hope this is in the right forum..

I just had a general question for episode 10..the one where the Commander takes a day off.

To be honest..I was keeping up with it okay then I just got lost..so just to make sure, I figured I would ask here.

Can someone explain the episode to me?

For example..who was he meeting on the boat? (I thought it was his daughter he was going to meet but they were talking like it was someone else then I saw the graveyard scene and I got a bit confused) What happened to his daughter exactly then? Why was Quon trying to finish the song for the Commander? Who were they talking about had a future? What was all that bomb talk with the reporter at the stadium? Things like that.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.
T2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:16   Link #52
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2R
I hope this is in the right forum..

I just had a general question for episode 10..the one where the Commander takes a day off.

To be honest..I was keeping up with it okay then I just got lost..so just to make sure, I figured I would ask here.

Can someone explain the episode to me?

For example..who was he meeting on the boat? (I thought it was his daughter he was going to meet but they were talking like it was someone else then I saw the graveyard scene and I got a bit confused) What happened to his daughter exactly then? Why was Quon trying to finish the song for the Commander? Who were they talking about had a future? What was all that bomb talk with the reporter at the stadium? Things like that.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.
I just finished watching the series and movie a few days ago. You'll get a better understanding of that episode when nearing the end of the series. From what I understood, he met his exwife on the day of their dead daughter's birthday. His daughter had a talent for music. He was the cause of her death because he was the one who pushed the button to create the barrier in Tokyo. His daughter was killed by his actions, and he, his wife can never forgive him from that.

Here's another question, is the original story more accurate with the series, or the movie? At least in terms of Quon, she had a large role in the series, but small in the movie. But still a very important character in both productions.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 12:41   Link #53
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by husyk
He was the cause of her death because he was the one who pushed the button to create the barrier in Tokyo. His daughter was killed by his actions, and he, his wife can never forgive him from that.
If I remember correctly, he's the one who gave the order to launch some missile. I'm not so sure about that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husyk
Here's another question, is the original story more accurate with the series, or the movie? At least in terms of Quon, she had a large role in the series, but small in the movie. But still a very important character in both productions.
They're two different stories. The movie is simply a retelling from another point of view, but the whole story diverges from the series. Personally, I consider the series as having more legitmacy over the movie--since the movie is recommended for those who've already finished the series. After all, if you watched the movie first, then one of the plot twists in the RahXephon series has already been revealed to you.
Old 2004-12-06, 13:43   Link #54
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

I saw my 10th episode of Rah Xephon today, I love the characters and the story plot. Thought there is some similarities between RahXephon and Evangelion, I can say with ease I like this serie WAY better.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 14:38   Link #55
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just remember that AFTER you are done with the series, watch the Movie. You will be pissed (As they change the storyline), but it does cover all the missing parts of the series.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 12:13   Link #56
T2R
Escape the void..

...Alright, so I just finished watching the series and I don't even know where to start on how confused I am.

Perhaps I'll go back and read some of these posts since I avoided them earlier for spoilers.
Old 2004-12-10, 12:27   Link #57
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Did you watch the movie? You won't be confused. Trust me...you might be a little pissed off, but defintely not confused.
Old 2004-12-10, 12:29   Link #58
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2R
...Alright, so I just finished watching the series and I don't even know where to start on how confused I am.

Perhaps I'll go back and read some of these posts since I avoided them earlier for spoilers.
I suggest watching the movie actually, its pretty much a recap of the series with new footage making the story clearer overall, there are noticeable diferences in the plot from the series. The movie is from Haruka's point of view.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 12:43   Link #59
T2R
Escape the void..

Working on getting it now.. ; ) It'll be a while though.

Okay..this might be an odd question but what the heck was the use of Futagami shooting Bahbem at the end?

I mean..if Ayato was going to tune the world anyway, I don't see why the series producers would put that in since everyone would be gone and "reset" so to speak.

(On a side note.. Itsuki reminds me of Jin from Samurai Champloo and vice versa. Don't ask..I'm not terribly sure myself. O_o; )

There are other questions too..Like

Who was Ayato's father..or is that not really revealed anyway..

If Maya wasn't Ayato's biological mother then who was, if there was one..

I'm still wondering what Quon's connection was to Itsuki and Ayato..

Did Bahbem exist before everyone else in the series..Where did he find the Xephon system, meaning where did he go for it..(I am guessing something to do with the Mu because he went to them or something, didn't he? Then that would mean the Mu were around before him. Then how did Maya become the leader of the Mu, she hadn't been around as long as Bahbem. Ah man..I'm a mess.)

What is the significance of Itsuki, Makato, and Helena if Quon and Ayato were to be the "ones" anyway...

Did Bahbem go through all that trouble just to recreate the world in the way we saw in the series..

Why did Maya keep calling Quon an "Elder Sister"..

I think I might know this but to be sure..what was Kunugi's and dang, I forgot his name but he had the bird cage in the end. I'm so overloaded right now I can't even remember names..but what was their tie with Ayato's uncle?

Some others, but I can't think of them right now.

X____X; I'm confused? Yes..yes, that I am.
Old 2004-12-10, 14:23   Link #60
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Oooo a long one...

When you see the movie you will understand more but here's a spoiler
Spoiler:

Tags
mecha