AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-04, 06:48   Link #101
FireChick

Hmmm...I'm surprised that Mona Marshall is doing Jun. I might kinda think he might sound like Izzy from Digimon. And I probably won't mind the dub. Besides, I'm used to english dubs since english is my native language.
Old 2007-05-04, 16:38   Link #102
Kaylia

Quote:
As for leaving JP words, what's the point of translating if you're only gonna translate half of it? =P People who watch w/ the dub usually want exactly that, a dub. If you wanted to hear JP just listen to the JP track.
I'm not sure how many languages you speak, and how many dubbing you have seen. It's not only a japanese --> english thing, it's true for every languages (I see a lot of english to french here). Words rarely have a direct translation from one language to the other, there is often a subtle difference between the meaning that can't be captured through the translation. That's why I say it's better to leave in the original language what can be left. Translate the necessary for people to understand everything, and leave the rest unchanged.
Old 2007-05-04, 19:57   Link #103
nekokaburi

actually.. .when i heard jun's dub voice, i emediatley thought of manoru kokubunji from chobits... ... only with seveer bi polar torrets syndrome

that god awfull DVD synopsis is the only thing i'm unhappy with this release so far... i mean really... it's about as generic as a box of rice cakes (and just about as flavoursome too)... i hope they fix that...

is there a trailor for RM on geneons site yet...? (geneons webpage wont load up for me... it gets to a teal screen and just stops)
Old 2007-05-04, 22:23   Link #104
EmperorBrandon

I think Geneon will have a webpage up soon. They just recently got the Karin one up.
Old 2007-05-05, 00:08   Link #105
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
I think Geneon will have a webpage up soon. They just recently got the Karin one up.
A quick trip to the whois.

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIsCheck.aspx

do rozendvd.com
Old 2007-05-30, 20:12   Link #106
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Yay it's released!

Well I got the first DVD, thanks Geneon for a great cast.

Watched Episode 1 and the beginning of Episode 2.

Jun - It's Izzy from Digimon. XD -shot- Well anyways, I liked how he sounded whee~

Shinku - Not as high as her Japanese voice, but still has that charm of hers. ^^

Noori - Not as high like Shinku, but she sounds decent enough. ^^ She calls Jun, Jun-kun.

Hina-Ichigo - Cuute~ Not like her Japanese voice, but still retains the cuteness. ^^

Tomoe - I have to watch more of episode 2...XD

Well that's my opinion of the dub. ^^ -falls over-

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-05-30, 21:37   Link #107
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Thanks, but I am far, far, far more anxious to find out how Suigintou and Suiseiseki turned out. Especially Desu, but Suigintou had better keep her evil laugh.
Old 2007-06-01, 00:38   Link #108
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

I watched episode 2 + 3.

Sugintou - Doesn't really sound that evil in my opinion, her laugh was more sinister in the Japanese version.

Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-06-06, 06:06   Link #109
nekokaburi

i'm waiting for suigintou to get angry... if you want to know how she'll sound, and you have last exile... play the part near the end were we get to see a lot of maestro delphine... she's the same voice actress... Mia Bradly... (don't mind me, just happy my first choice for english suigintou made it )

desu, sounds kinda like sugar from a tiny snow fairy sugar, but maybe a little less hyper... and she doesn't say 'desu' either... i'm hoping she can 'laugh' a little better than the japanese version of her can too... we'll see...

p.s. i haven't got vol 1 yet... (it's on BACK order!!! those bastards) so i may be wrong about some of that... but from what i heard on the voice clips earlier in this thread... i'm looking forward to this thing so much...
Old 2007-06-06, 17:31   Link #110
FireChick

I couldn't find the single DVD in Suncoast but I did find the box. But I couldn't get it. Uwa...I wonder if Shounen Onmyouji might turn out like this dub (even though I've never heard both dubs yet). Sorry to go off-topic. Were there any curse words in the english version by any chance?
Old 2007-06-07, 00:46   Link #111
nekokaburi

i know english suiseiseki calls jun a 'troublesome little bastard' when they first go into his dream world... but that's only because it's on the voice samples...

i canceled my back ordered one, and ordered elsewhere (it costed more from amazon.com than it did from DVDpacific)... and also asked for the fasted possible shipping... it's flying over the pacific after leaving LA at 3am my time... so hopefully it'll be here tomorrow...
Old 2007-06-07, 16:30   Link #112
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

i dunno, im pretty used to the english voices so im not sure if i'll buy it. I think its funny desu would say that, i liked the part in the sub when she calls Kana a bitch after gettign sprayed witht he water gun/
Old 2007-06-07, 18:49   Link #113
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Well I watched episode 4 and I didn't really like Suiseiseki's voice..I'll probably get used to it when I get the remaining DVDs though.

Old 2007-06-08, 01:44   Link #114
nekokaburi

tuesday!!!

because of the bloody queens birthday long weekend, i'm forced to wait til tuesday to get my copy of volume 1... i know it's in brisbane... it's just an hours drive away... if i knew where it was, i'd go get it myself....

frustrating...

the english voice of suiseiseki, would take a little getting used to... i know it took ages for me to get used to sugar's voice... and even then it was still annoying... just imagine in traumend when boku gets her arse kicked... "sousuiseki!!!! sousuiseki!!!"... i wonder how THAT will sound...

i'm courious to know who they're going to pick for kanaria... after the choice for hina, i'm not sure who they'll pick....

i have my heart set on carrie savage for megu... but i already got mia bradly as gin chan... so i can't have everything go well can i...
Old 2007-06-08, 14:52   Link #115
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Awww. *gives cookie* Hopefully you'll get it!

Took me a while to get used to Ash's new voice..meh. Oh well, at least I can flip back to the Japanese channel. ^^

Hina is voiced by Sasami from Tenchi Muyo. XD Just found that out a couple days ago.

I wonder who'll voice them too. Hm..

Old 2007-06-12, 15:13   Link #116
nekokaburi

yay, i finally got it yesterday... watched it all the way through.... then watched episode 1 again before i went to bed...

i'm happy as a pig in sh1t right now...

now i gotta wait 28 days or so for the next volume... since as we all know... RM doesn't get good until episode 5...
Old 2007-06-13, 20:13   Link #117
Asrialys

Awesome box. Awesome dub. I love Hina's dub voice. I prefer it over the Japanese version. So much cuter.

"Noritard." XD

"Troublesome little bastard." XD I don't know if I should like that translation or not. It's just too funny.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2007-06-13 at 20:38.
Old 2007-06-14, 00:27   Link #118
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

It was better the the Higurashi dub. But Geneon general fails.

I'm offically a Noritard now though. That kinda made up for the lack of ~desu.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2007-06-14, 07:06   Link #119
nekokaburi

when does jun call her norritard... i must have missed that part...

i did notice jun calling shinku 'shorty' when she couldn't open the door was ad libbed... probably to sinch the lip flaps... it was funny too...

FYI, hina's VA is the same one as skuld from the Ah! my goddess movie... so she'll always sound like skuld to me... i'm glad they left 'unyuu' in, since it's not a real word... in any language... it works fine in english...

yeah, suiseseki calls him a bastard at least twice... plus she comes up with some other good uns... "i wasn't talking to you filthy human, know thy self for the horrid runt you are!" ... i'm not too fussed that they left the desu's out... it would have sounded funny...

but still... shinku's line... "i haven't a clue... i have no idea about the beastly cravings of a spoilt servant..." lol... 'beastly cravings'... i love that...

little under a month before the next volume and the stair wars episode... that's gonna be awesome...

p.s. i wana know who's doing kanaria...

p.p.s. is the higurashi dub really bad? i usually like geneon dubs... everything from haibane renmei to ROD the TV to rozen maiden has been pretty good so far... if you want a company that fails often... look up media blasters (and don't get me started on their sub only releases... i aint giving em any money if they're not going to put any effort into the release at all, and in effect, tell every dub watcher to get phucked...)... it's a rare thing to get a really good dub outa them...
Old 2007-06-14, 18:32   Link #120
Asrialys

Whether you're watching the R1 DVD sub or dub, some of you may have taken notice of how they translated Suiseiseki's little shiny thing as Sui Dream. I can't remember how the fansubs translated it, but I'm sure I've only ever seen Sweet Dream, even in Tokyo Pop's translation of the manga. If Wikipedia is correct, it is spelled スィドリーム (Suidoriimu). I can't confirm that though. If anyone has a raw of the manga or some other source, then maybe they can check.

Sui Dream sounds correct based off the spelling, but Sweet Dream sounds better and would make more sense. If the spelling above is accurate, then my assumption for the use of that spelling would be that it's easier to speak. I tried saying Suiito Doriimu, but it seemed difficult and weird. I don't know. For simplicity and clerity, I would have spelled it スィッドリーム (Suiddoriimu). Meh.

Ah, whatever. Geneon should have stuck with something that made more sense rather than something seemingly more literal. Wonder if they consulted Peach-Pit or whoever about it.