AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-24, 12:14   Link #501
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They just need a scene that is worth animating to this level. Future third year K-On student's final concert might make that level.

New major fight scenes in FMP might make that level.

I'm attempting to imagine a future Haruhi scene that might top this...and there are probably one or two that could be visually stunning...but are any this length or have need of this level of animation?

It is basically, does the scene require it to be massively animated? Does it have a big background. Does it need massive detail down to the fingers and beads of sweat? There just simply aren't scenes that usually require that much detail. In fact God Knows didn't need that much detail really. That is go it means that other scenes could get it, if the reward for the animation offsets the cost of making it. That the scene helped shift KyoAni to "God Tier" animation studio and greatly assisted in the sales of CDs and later DVDs (plus Aya's singing career) maens they got their money's worth out of that scene.

For someone else to attempt to pull this off, their will need to be the potential for just as much of a gain for the risk. Oddly Studio DEEN could get such a moment in Umineko....if anyone had any faith in Studio DEEN that is.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:33   Link #502
Animexcel

I agree, the concert scene is one of the best.

I was really put off and disappointed with K-On's concert animation in the last episode. Such a shame.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:56   Link #503
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I forgot to watch the live airing today. ;_;

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Closed Thread