AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 07:58   Link #281
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Don't the Fell Arms make the game SO MUCH FUN?
You don't say... >.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, I need help again with playing Characters... Judith and Raven, I have no idea have to use their characters successfully. Raven's bows are unreliable, and Judiths aerial combo is extremely tricky to pull off...

(And a side question, I know Rita's strength when it comes to clearing large numbers of enemy, but how does she handle one-on-one with bosses in the arena?)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 08:10   Link #282
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

For Rita in one-on-one? Just keep spamming Meteor Storm or something. Rita knows one thing: OVERKILL. *cough*

As for Judith wait until she gets some better attacks. Moonbeam should make the Arena easy since she basically teleports and blows up an area >.> You COULD try to Aerial combo but it's usually easier to use some of her more verstile Artes.

No clue on Raven. Maybe It's Like Dancing?
Old 2008-09-28, 08:29   Link #283
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
For Rita in one-on-one? Just keep spamming Meteor Storm or something. Rita knows one thing: OVERKILL. *cough*
Does she have a plan B for that ?

Or is there really no viable way to melee with her? I mean, even Estelle could melee-combo

Quote:
As for Judith wait until she gets some better attacks. Moonbeam should make the Arena easy since she basically teleports and blows up an area >.> You COULD try to Aerial combo but it's usually easier to use some of her more verstile Artes.

Yeah, Moonbeam did the trick for me in the arena But I'm hoping to use her combo more

The problem for me is this; Even though Judith is a melee character, her combo requires good and fast timing with the controls -Something that I didn't have to worry so much with Yuri/Karol/Repede- And if I'm off on the timing, I won't be able to knock them into the air...

But more than anything, I'm having difficulty linking her artes together-

In mid-air

Or maybe I should just permanently deligate her to AI control... But that doesn't sit well for me...

Quote:
No clue on Raven. Maybe It's Like Dancing?
Unfortunately, I need to use Raven for some secret missions, so I need at least some basic understanding
Old 2008-09-28, 10:33   Link #284
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorry for the double post...

I notice that game threads rarely talk about the story contents, but I like to take this chance to express my thoughts and opinions about three characters that I've noticed, have been getting alot of heat from... Lesser ordered forums. I'm certain the people here are more mature individuals, so I would like to hear your thoughts on this...

Rita

Spoiler:

Karol

Spoiler:

And the number one character... That I've not seen a single person stand up for...

Spoiler for Events after Zaude... If you don't know what it is, don't read:

Bleh, It's been awhile since I've talked that much... -_-
Old 2008-09-28, 13:33   Link #285
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But more than anything, I'm having difficulty linking her artes together-

In mid-air
Enabled the skills for her aerial combos yet? (There are a bunch of them, and they take a crap load SP.)

For Raven in arena, I pretty much just use that skill that lands the erm, thing on the ground that goes boom when someone steps on it and pretty much cleared all non-bosses that way. Then during boss, just OL, spell, mystic arte if possible.

Thought on that one single character.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-09-28 at 13:47.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 19:29   Link #286
krisslanza

@Chaos: I can smell that Rita comment being totally directed at me... I can feel it Chaos.
We'll decide this in a epic battle! Final Destination. No items. I get Rita. >:3

And movin' along... Rita CAN melee. Just not very well. She has some very strong ones though. I can't say WHICH because I can't memorize random mathematical formula. Sorry

Randomly pointing out that as a character Karol is perfectly in-character for his age. But that doesn't make me not want to strangle him with his own digestive track.
Old 2008-09-28, 23:53   Link #287
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Enabled the skills for her aerial combos yet? (There are a bunch of them, and they take a crap load SP.)
Nono, you misunderstood, I meant that I couldn't find the right set of artes to link together in mid air.

Base -> Alter -> Arcane.

In addition, if I miss the directional input by just abit, I miss the chance to knock them up in the air -_-

It's a pain really... Is there anyway to effectively use her on the ground? Or the only way is truely 'into the sky'?

Quote:
For Raven in arena, I pretty much just use that skill that lands the erm, thing on the ground that goes boom when someone steps on it and pretty much cleared all non-bosses that way. Then during boss, just OL, spell, mystic arte if possible.
Lol But that doesn't work against flying monsters right... ?

What about regular gameplay for Raven ?

Quote:
Thought on that one single character.
Spoiler:
Exactly, and like I've shown her train of thoughts, it's not completely a sudden decision.

Quote:
@Chaos: I can smell that Rita comment being totally directed at me... I can feel it Chaos.
We'll decide this in a epic battle! Final Destination. No items. I get Rita. >:3
To be honest, I was hoping I won't be referring to you

Quote:
And movin' along... Rita CAN melee. Just not very well. She has some very strong ones though. can't say WHICH because I can't memorize random mathematical formula. Sorry
So in other words, the only real way to play her is to spam AOE ?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-09-29 at 01:32.
Old 2008-09-29, 10:07   Link #288
krisslanza

Aw come on Chaos you know I'd interpret Rita and Estelle's relationship as romantic Or at least one-sided romantic. If you didn't ever think of that... I'd be sad. But that's neither here nor there

Well you could also spam single-hit spells. But again she has some powerful melee Artes I just don't know their names because they're always random math formulas.
Old 2008-09-29, 16:02   Link #289
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Now that some story discussion is happening, there's something I've always wondered about in regards to the ending:

Spoiler for ending:

And as far as the other character that people are talking about:

Spoiler for that character:

And honestly yeah, I am nothing even close to a "shipper" and even I got the impression that Rita saw Estelle as more than just a friend. There were so many instances of it I find it hard to believe it was unintentional. Of course I got the same impression with Yuri and Flynn too so maybe it's just me.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 16:26   Link #290
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Rita is only 15, she doesn't even know what love is, but she knows she's something to Estelle. I've been itchin' to make a skit of it, so maybe I will someday.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:03   Link #291
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Lol But that doesn't work against flying monsters right... ?

What about regular gameplay for Raven ?
I _think_ it works with flying monsters too? At least when it blows up it does.

Regular gameplay consists of you standing all the way to the back and let your melees take on the monsters while you shoot from the back and/or cast spells. That's what I do anyways. xD

Can't say much about Judy, don't use her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Now that some story discussion is happening, there's something I've always wondered about in regards to the ending:

Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for Stuffs others came up with:
Old 2008-09-29, 18:34   Link #292
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

Spoiler for Stuffs others came up with:
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2008-09-29, 19:21   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Aw come on Chaos you know I'd interpret Rita and Estelle's relationship as romantic Or at least one-sided romantic.
Hey, I avoiding to have to label you

Quote:
Well you could also spam single-hit spells. But again she has some powerful melee Artes I just don't know their names because they're always random math formulas.
Actually, they do have names, sort of- They have magical incantations, which is the closest to a word name.

Quote:
I _think_ it works with flying monsters too? At least when it blows up it does.

Regular gameplay consists of you standing all the way to the back and let your melees take on the monsters while you shoot from the back and/or cast spells. That's what I do anyways. xD

Lol

I guess I won't be using him alot... Except for the secret missions and 100-man...

Quote:
And honestly yeah, I am nothing even close to a "shipper" and even I got the impression that Rita saw Estelle as more than just a friend. There were so many instances of it I find it hard to believe it was unintentional. Of course I got the same impression with Yuri and Flynn too so maybe it's just me.
Erm ya... Flynn and Yuri are definitely best friends and that's that

But still, I don't want to blow this up anymore than needed, I sure everyone has heard the "Not used to being close to people" lecture, so I'm just going to point out that Rita herself refers to Estelle as her best friend.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:30   Link #294
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

But still, I don't want to blow this up anymore than needed, I sure everyone has heard the "Not used to being close to people" lecture, so I'm just going to point out that Rita herself refers to Estelle as her best friend.
Well, I don't intend to turn this somewhat silly subject into a debate, but for argument's sake, you could technically apply that same line of thinking and say that Rita is also not used to love, and because of that she isn't being totally honest to others/herself when she refers to Estelle as her best friend. She also sounds awfully embarrassed when she mentions that, and there wouldn't really be any reason to be if she really just saw her as a friend. Ok, that's all I'll say on that subject as I now hate myself for even bringing it this far.

And as far as Yuri and Flynn go, yeah that is probably just my imagination. I've read too many posts by fangirls and it has corrupted my mind.
Old 2008-09-30, 00:02   Link #295
krisslanza

We could go back and forth about the Rita x Estelle thing. We really could There used to be a topic (or more) a day on GameFAQs of "Are Rita and Estelle lesbians?" which I think says a lot but... I digress.
Old 2008-09-30, 20:08   Link #296
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ok, that's all I'll say on that subject as I now hate myself for even bringing it this far.
Yeah, I would just go on and on about how it comes with the Territory of not being used to expressing herself...

But never mind...

Quote:
And as far as Yuri and Flynn go, yeah that is probably just my imagination. I've read too many posts by fangirls and it has corrupted my mind.
>.>

Quote:
We could go back and forth about the Rita x Estelle thing. We really could There used to be a topic (or more) a day on GameFAQs of "Are Rita and Estelle lesbians?" which I think says a lot but... I digress.
I facepalm when I saw that thread -_-

I'm not going to duke it out whether a not Rita likes Estelle that way, but I want to point out that Rita has more than once been embarrassed 'that way' by Yuri... Personal favorite is of course-

"Aww, I've always wanted to hold hands with you Rita..."

"////"

But I swear, those people at GameFAQ have no tact >.>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-09-30 at 22:11.
Old 2008-09-30, 20:31   Link #297
TrueKnight

Hell no, Yuri and Flynn is as straight as it gets, I mean Yuri did dig on Judith. The fangirls are basically living in their own dellusional worlds as usual.

Now Rita and Estelle however..... >.>

Also the ending sucks imo.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 21:42   Link #298
krisslanza

Chaos likes statutory raaaappppe D:
*Teases*
Though on that topic you DO see a lot of YurixJudith compared to YurixEstelle... And lots of the YxE isn't even vaguely romantic. You see quite a few EstellexRita. Though 'many' means like 5 or somethin' when there's only like 20+ pictures on Danbooru
Old 2008-09-30, 21:52   Link #299
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hell no, Yuri and Flynn is as straight as it gets, I mean Yuri did dig on Judith. The fangirls are basically living in their own dellusional worlds as usual.
I don't see the Yuri x Judy anywhere in the story. But then again I play the JP version.

I do see Yuri and Flynn though, so call me a fangirl all you want. >_> (Though personally I believe there's no romance in this game.)

Oh, the interview with the scenario team in official JP guide book say Estelle likes Yuri.
Old 2008-09-30, 23:04   Link #300
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
I don't see the Yuri x Judy anywhere in the story. But then again I play the JP version.

I do see Yuri and Flynn though, so call me a fangirl all you want. >_> (Though personally I believe there's no romance in this game.)

Oh, the interview with the scenario team in official JP guide book say Estelle likes Yuri.
I don't think there was any Yuri x Judy relationship ever implied, just instances of him randomly flirting with her, like when he referred to her as "eye candy" when he first saw her with the full-body armor off.

I got the impression that Estelle liked Yuri but Yuri didn't see her as more than a friend.
Spoiler for events near end of game:

You know, I really never thought I'd fall so far as to be discussing relationships in a video game on an anime forum, as well as mentioning a possible yaoi implication in regards to one of my favorite characters...

Tags
rpg